or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Oh my god! A mac game!

Oh my god! A mac game!

post #1 of 7
<a href="http://www.garagegames.com/mg/projects/realmwars/" target="_blank">http://www.garagegames.com/mg/projects/realmwars/</a>

Ok, so Ive become a bit cynical of mac gaming, but heres a nice one based on the Tribes 2 engine. Im sure my GF3 powered gigahertz athalon will blow your puny macs out of the water framerate wize but...

Now if only I had an OS worth sh!t...
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
post #2 of 7
Woha, this is AI not genreal discussion isnt it? Oh well.

By the by, I had a chance to play it (I didnt play it online, just the preview single player bit).
It licks major ass. The graphics look like a poor tech demo. The landscape looks worse then tribes 2, though its seemingly endless...
post #3 of 7
You have a 1GHz Athlon with a GF3? . . . Not exactly something that deserves attention these days.

I have a friend with a 1.4Ghz Athlon who didn't like the idea of wasting power, so he built a custom case and modified a heat sink. Now his server doubles as a small stove when he turns off the cooling fan. Eggs a-la Athlon are pretty tasty, to say the least.
Cat: the other white meat
Cat: the other white meat
post #4 of 7
I know, I was just making fun of myself. I bought it all when it was top of the line, then realized 2 months later that speed = nothing any more (my $3000 machine was $700 without 3dcard or monitor [so $2000 with all that]2 months later).

Maybe after the hammer head. Any how this is WAY off topic.

and yes, Athalons are HOT. Even with cooling mine stays about.. oh I cant even remember any more, all I know is that its WAY hotter than my powerbook (and I can fry pollenta on that thing).
post #5 of 7
Yum.

post #6 of 7
Bwahahaha
Thats frikin hilarious
post #7 of 7
Looks like another WarCraft-esque game to me.

Don't need it, don't want it.
970 pork chop sandwiches
970 pork chop sandwiches
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Oh my god! A mac game!