or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New Apple ad: 'iPad revolution has just begun' (video)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Apple ad: 'iPad revolution has just begun' (video) - Page 2

post #41 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanjj View Post

I also just watched it on my ipad, in fullscreen and living colour and it was fun and a great experience. Until something is actually on the market that delivers what the ipad did, it's all unicorn dreams.



nice one

on the nyc subways a few brave souls already use the ipad like they used one like forever

and like the white ear bud thing where little by little the subway cars filled with pods

the ipads are taking root....the screen looks ... well magical !!!!!!

magical
why yes
its the top half of a mbp in your hand
when the 1tb model comes out im in


9

i guess the ipad killed off all the trolls and placed them in our camp
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
whats in a name ? 
beatles
Reply
post #42 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderdust View Post

Sh*t - tried to view on iPad and got the blue flash logo of death.

Think I'll wait for an Android tablet - that way I get to see all the nice things people have designed in Flash. Ahh the full internet at last.

With Android - things don't need to be like 1984.

I tried You Tube videos a gazillion times on the iPhone and more recently on the iPad, both wifi and 3G.

Your words here is evidence of your dishonesty. I bet you have not even touched and tried eiither the iPhone or the iPad. As others noted here, Google has converted its You Tube videos so that they may be viewed without Flash.

As to Android mobile phones working with Flash, here's a barrel of icewater for your bath, from the Flash master himself, while demoing that the beta version of Flash would work on Android:

On the Android Flash demo at FlashCamp Seattle

http://jeffcroft.com/blog/2010/may/0...hcamp-seattle/

"Heres what happened: On his Mac, Ryan [Stewart, a Flash Platform evangelist at Adobe] pulled up a site called Eco Zoo. It is, seemingly, a pretty intense example of Flash development full of 3D rendering, rich interactions, and cute little characters. Then, he pulled up the same thing on his Nexus One. The sites progress bar filled in and the 3D world appeared for a few seconds before the browser crashed. Ryan said (paraphrasing), Whoops! Well, its beta, and this is an intense example lets try it again. He tried it again and got the same result. So he said to the audience, Well, this one isnt going to work, but does anyone have a Flash site theyd like to see running? Someone shouted out Hulu. Ryan said, Hulu doesnt work, and then wrapped up his demo, telling people if they wanted to try more sites they could find him later and hed let them play with his Nexus One." -- Jeff Croft

You might want to read the comments there, including a justification by Ryan why he had to do the demo, even if he knew that Flash Player 10.1 is not ready yet for mobile phones. [At present, there is no mobile phone that is compatible with Flash.]

[Just another aside, I wish discourse here in Apple Insider or many other sites, is as civil as had been achieved in the comments in the linked article. You can actually learn about the Pros and Cons of Flash.]

The point that many readers pointed out is that if you do a demo, make sure that it works. This may or may not be emblematic of how Adobe address issues it had to confront.

In fairness, Ryan now has finally showed some sites that works with Flash:

Examples of Flash Content Running on Android

Well and good. But would it work with every variant of Android which are sprouting like mushrooms. And, how would it affect battery life?

Most important, would Adobe be able to keep up with the updates for all the variants of Android, and for that matter all other mobile phones if it expects to be universal gatekeeper application?

From my own experience as a user of Adobe product, I invest money in one of their costly products, only to find out later on that they have not upgraded the product to the version of the operating system (OS) of my Mac computer, and no defined time frame, if they would do it at all. Some clients of Adobe are held hostage by their whims and their calculation whether it is profitable for them to upgrade for specific a OS.

CGC
post #43 of 83
Well i finally got my hands on one today. I must say they are nice, not sure i can justify the price however.
Where i hang out after hours!

The Cash Code
Reply
Where i hang out after hours!

The Cash Code
Reply
post #44 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post

The ad didnt work for me. The coarse tone of the voice over didnt mesh with the visuals. I know what they were going for but I think they missed.

I agree.

Also, it's too busy. Could have been better to chop it into functionality pieces, and make them a series.
post #45 of 83
The "magical crap" is called marketing. Whether you like it or not it works.

When you called the iPad flawed. What are you using for context. Are you comparing it to other tablet computers? Are you comparing to what the iPad will be in the future? Are you comparing it to using a different type of computing device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

It's smartly done, and will sell a lot of iPads probably but I wish they'd stop with that "magical" crap. It's a totally 1.0 device and has many flaws. The "magical" version is still about five years away IMO. Where else is there to go once you've brought out superlatives like that?
post #46 of 83



Quote:
Originally Posted by powderdust View Post

Sh*t - tried to view on iPad and got the blue flash logo of death.
post #47 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

I tried You Tube videos a gazillion times on the iPhone and more recently on the iPad, both wifi and 3G.

Your words here is evidence of your dishonesty. I bet you have not even touched and tried eiither the iPhone or the iPad. As others noted here, Google has converted its You Tube videos so that they may be viewed without Flash.

As to Android mobile phones working with Flash, here's a barrel of icewater for your bath, from the Flash master himself, while demoing that the beta version of Flash would work on Android:

On the Android Flash demo at FlashCamp Seattle

http://jeffcroft.com/blog/2010/may/0...hcamp-seattle/

"Heres what happened: On his Mac, Ryan [Stewart, a Flash Platform evangelist at Adobe] pulled up a site called Eco Zoo. It is, seemingly, a pretty intense example of Flash development full of 3D rendering, rich interactions, and cute little characters. Then, he pulled up the same thing on his Nexus One. The sites progress bar filled in and the 3D world appeared for a few seconds before the browser crashed. Ryan said (paraphrasing), Whoops! Well, its beta, and this is an intense example lets try it again. He tried it again and got the same result. So he said to the audience, Well, this one isnt going to work, but does anyone have a Flash site theyd like to see running? Someone shouted out Hulu. Ryan said, Hulu doesnt work, and then wrapped up his demo, telling people if they wanted to try more sites they could find him later and hed let them play with his Nexus One." -- Jeff Croft

You might want to read the comments there, including a justification by Ryan why he had to do the demo, even if he knew that Flash Player 10.1 is not ready yet for mobile phones. [At present, there is no mobile phone that is compatible with Flash.]

[Just another aside, I wish discourse here in Apple Insider or many other sites, is as civil as had been achieved in the comments in the linked article. You can actually learn about the Pros and Cons of Flash.]

The point that many readers pointed out is that if you do a demo, make sure that it works. This may or may not be emblematic of how Adobe address issues it had to confront.

In fairness, Ryan now has finally showed some sites that works with Flash:

Examples of Flash Content Running on Android

Well and good. But would it work with every variant of Android which are sprouting like mushrooms. And, how would it affect battery life?

Most important, would Adobe be able to keep up with the updates for all the variants of Android, and for that matter all other mobile phones if it expects to be universal gatekeeper application?

From my own experience as a user of Adobe product, I invest money in one of their costly products, only to find out later on that they have not upgraded the product to the version of the operating system (OS) of my Mac computer, and no defined time frame, if they would do it at all. Some clients of Adobe are held hostage by their whims and their calculation whether it is profitable for them to upgrade for specific a OS.

CGC


Even though I *really* hate Flash, it's nice to see they at least have it working on Android now. The thing is though, that everything except the Eco Zoo site he showed can with 100% certainty be done just as easily with HTML5/CSS/Javascript, so why not do it the standards-based way? Also, the Eco Zoo site can probably be done with Canvas/WebGL(or whatever it's called)/Javascript, though I'm not sure about that. It will certainly be possible in the near future though. So it's really a question of whether we want to let a company with as spotty a record as Adobe have full control over the future of rich mobile web applications, or do we want the whole web community to be the driving force behind this development? I certainly vote for the latter.

Also, sure you can play lots of games in the browser with Flash - but you'd get a LOT more out of your battery if those games were available as native iPhone apps. And that goes back to the point I've made here before, that I disagree with Adobe's goals, which are to make it as easy as possible for the *developers* to do as little work as possible and thus sacrificing part of the end-user experience. I think a developer's (being one myself) job is to make the end-user experience as good as possible on each platform, and to do that you need to optimize for each platform and conform to each platform's interface guidelines. Sure, I realize that for some smaller companies that's not feasible. IMO those companies should then pick a platform and stick with it until they can bring their stuff to another platform.

I honestly believe there's a relatively good chance that Adobe will have hi-jacked and completely watered down every platform 15 years down the road if they are allowed to get everyone over to developing exclusively with Flash - which is bound to happen because it won't be economically feasible to do anything but develop for the lowest common denominator.

There's my reasoning for hating Flash. That, and of course the fact that every single browser crash I've experienced the last 3 years has been because of Flash sure doesn't help.
post #48 of 83
Quote:
it is "thin, beautiful, goes anywhere, and lasts all day."

So is my wife!
post #49 of 83
What is iPad? Something I won't buy.
post #50 of 83
I like the new Ad, very well done with a familiar voice over
post #51 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

So is my wife!

Good one.

Now - can anyone tell me what the keyboard/music app in the advert is ? Please ?
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
post #52 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

The "magical crap" is called marketing. Whether you like it or not it works.

When you called the iPad flawed. What are you using for context. Are you comparing it to other tablet computers? Are you comparing to what the iPad will be in the future? Are you comparing it to using a different type of computing device?

Well it's mostly just opinion, but for "flaws" I meant the usual things a 1.0 device has to deal with both in software and hardware.

It doesn't yet print for instance, and Pages (which is the program I'm most going to be using on it), doesn't work properly or even have it's basic feature set available yet, so it will be at least version 2.0 of Pages and 3.3 or 4.0 (or maybe higher), of the OS before you can actually use it for basic writing tasks as I want to do.

Hardware-wise, it incorporates *none* of the many patents Apple developed over the last five years or so for various "magical" solutions related to the problems of tablet computing and is, (as a lot of people are prone to say lately), functionally just a big iPod touch as a result. The bezels on the side are so huge for instance that you can really only thumb type on it if you have very large hands and thus it fails to solve the problem of how to write on a tablet efficiently while actually mobile. You have to lay it down on a table for it to be useful or curl up on the couch. Also, David Hockney aside, there is of course a need in some situations for a stylus. Styli have been around since the beginning of civilisation in every culture, no matter what Steve Jobs says, there are situations where you absolutely need one.

These are problems that I believe will be solved, and judging by Apple's patent library, they believe so too. They just won't be solved in a 1.0 version. As the ad itself says, this is just the beginning (of basically a whole new platform).

So while I think it's a fantastic little device and I've already ordered one, for these reasons and many more I see it as a mass market, "get-grandma-used-to-it" kind of 1.0 device and I predict much more capable hardware and software in the near future.
post #53 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

Regardless of what Apple does with the iPad five years down the road, there will always be people (and you know who you are) that will whine till the end of time that they will NEVER buy an iPad unless it has <insert lame feature here>. Just the way it is.

Until Apple let's you actually do things with it rather than just observe content yes there will always be people that won't buy. But hats off to the beta buyers.
post #54 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by zindako View Post

I like the new Ad, very well done with a familiar voice over

An actual manly voice for a change- methinks Apple trying to preempt the Google/Verizon Steroid Slate?
post #55 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by markb View Post

The ad didnt work for me. The coarse tone of the voice over didnt mesh with the visuals. I know what they were going for but I think they missed.

as a fan of apple, i hate to say i agree 100%
post #56 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

The "magical crap" is called marketing. Whether you like it or not it works.

Why can't the "magical" iPad view the "magical" World of Disney flash website?
I just bought a 13" MBP and the first thing I did in the store was test to see if all the flash ( and there is mega flash on that website's home page- shame on you SJ) loaded up and it past the test.
post #57 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Best Apple ad in many, many years. No more "foofarah foo foo happy woo playful whimsy" stuff. It's like, "**** YOU B**CHES, YOU KNOW YOU WANT THIS. JUST ADMIT IT, SHUT UP and GET IT."

Well... shit, oh dear!

.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
post #58 of 83
it is "thin, beautiful, goes anywhere, and lasts all day."

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlaw View Post

So is my wife!

... can your wife do flash?!
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #59 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc0202 View Post

It's SuperMagical!

Reminds me of kids who are so full of life, sharing with you so excitedly what caught their attention at the time.

It reminds me also of a very close friend while in school, when I first arrived in the US, who was so full of adventure and mischief and spontaneity. With him, our group did things we might not do on our own. Gone to places we might have never considered. And more.

He always predicated his thoughts in superlatives. It's the best [product, time, adventure, etc.] in the world!

I was like a kid again. Knowing people like him enabled me to tolerate all the bigots and intolerant people, thereafter.

Life is beautiful.

CGC

+++

The magic of the mind!

.
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
"Swift generally gets you to the right way much quicker." - auxio -

"The perfect [birth]day -- A little playtime, a good poop, and a long nap." - Tomato Greeting Cards -
Reply
post #60 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesiCan View Post

Why can't the "magical" iPad view the "magical" World of Disney flash website? ...

Because there's a mobile HTML version of the site that iPad visitors are redirected to, through the magic of the user agent identity.

It's really pathetic that people read something about this somewhere on the web and, with no actual knowledge of what they are talking about, go around doing their sad little troll thing with it.

Quote:
... and it past the test ...

BTW, the correct word is 'passed'.
post #61 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenoBell View Post

When you called the iPad flawed. What are you using for context. Are you comparing it to other tablet computers? Are you comparing to what the iPad will be in the future? Are you comparing it to using a different type of computing device?

Agree.

The Mac, desktop and notebook versions, are still flawed. But I'm glad I bought one in 1984 and 1998 and 2008. If I'd adopted a philosophy of waiting for a "not flawed" product, I'd still be computer-less and waiting 26 years later.

My 2008 BMW is flawed (as the 2010 Bimmers are improved). But it was certainly nice for transporting me from place to place for the last 2 years (instead of walking), and one heck of a lot better than even a Toyota.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

So while I think it's a fantastic little device and I've already ordered one, for these reasons and many more I see it as a mass market, "get-grandma-used-to-it" kind of 1.0 device and I predict much more capable hardware and software in the near future.

Time spent waiting is time that one is not using the product. So if there is a likely good return that can be had from using the product (even a 1.0 product), it may be worthwhile to buy it. I'm sure you've considered this in your thinking, but it's just not coming out in the way you've articulated your decision in your post. Which allows for me and others to have a little fun ...

As for printing and other features (like multi-tasking), those will arrive with OS 4 for the iPad (I think Apple said September).

And given that it's obvious that future products have "much more capable hardware and software", how soon do you think is the "near future"? I don't expect to see another iPad hardware version until 2011.
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
"you will know the truth, and the truth will
set you free."
Reply
post #63 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2005 View Post

If I'd adopted a philosophy of waiting for a "not flawed" product, I'd still be computer-less and waiting 26 years later.

I think my Wife took the same approach when she accepted me into her life. Now, though, I think she'd rather have an iPad...
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
Hmmmmmm...
Reply
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I like the way it only shows the parts of the body that you would see when you are looking down at your iPad.

It's smartly done, and will sell a lot of iPads probably but I wish they'd stop with that "magical" crap. It's a totally 1.0 device and has many flaws. The "magical" version is still about five years away IMO. Where else is there to go once you've brought out superlatives like that?

insanely-Magical...
post #65 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthemac View Post

Good one.

Now - can anyone tell me what the keyboard/music app in the advert is ? Please ?

Check out Virtuoso.
post #66 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

There isn't a single mention of the "specs" in the ad.

lol maybe he meant 'eyeglasses'
Quote:
Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

I think my Wife took the same approach when she accepted me into her life. Now, though, I think she'd rather have an iPad...

she prolly has a whole bunch in a box in the bathroom.
post #67 of 83
...........
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post

Yes, A webpage whose entire content is a binary file which a plugin is needed to display isn't really a website is it? There's no web. The hyperlinks end on the first page.


RDF on!
post #69 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by powderdust View Post

Sh*t - tried to view on iPad and got the blue flash logo of death.

Think I'll wait for an Android tablet - that way I get to see all the nice things people have designed in Flash. Ahh the full internet at last.

With Android - things don't need to be like 1984.

LOL. So in order to make Android look good and the iPad look bad you resorted to lying about it. I just watched the ad on my iPad. Not only did it play, but it did so imbedded in the AppleInsider web page. Furthermore I just pinched it and it went full screen. All this without even going to the YouTube app. And no, there is no 'blue Flash logo of death' on the iPad. That was removed before the final release and is only seen in the original stage demo and promo film.

Actually imbedded YouTube links play way better than on a PC/Mac with flash because of the smoothness and easy full screen ability via the multitouch pinch action.

This bullish*tting troll pretty much sums up the typical Apple hater. And yes this was written on my iPad.
post #70 of 83
"thin, beautiful, goes anywhere, and lasts all day."

Hmmm. Are they talking about a gadget or my future girlfriend? Is there an app for *that*?!
post #71 of 83
Ah, you are comparing it to what the iPad will be in the future. Well you have to crawl before you can walk. Sounds as if a few of the features will come with OS 4.0.

What if Apple attemtped to deliver these features before they are ready. Is a missing feature more of a flaw than a buggy feature that doesn't work properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Well it's mostly just opinion, but for "flaws" I meant the usual things a 1.0 device has to deal with both in software and hardware.
post #72 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

"All the worlds websites in your hands."

Is that entirely honest?

It sucks to be an Apple hater doesn't it? That's ALL you can come up with?
post #73 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

It sucks to be an Apple hater doesn't it? That's ALL you can come up with?

It was a legitimate question which doesn't imply being an Apple hater. The UK advertising standards body rules that a similar line in their iPhone ads was misleading and banned that version of the ad. Does that make the ASA a bunch of Apple haters?

Since when does questioning equate to hate?

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply
post #74 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Well it's mostly just opinion, but for "flaws" I meant the usual things a 1.0 device has to deal with both in software and hardware.

It doesn't yet print for instance, and Pages (which is the program I'm most going to be using on it), doesn't work properly or even have it's basic feature set available yet, so it will be at least version 2.0 of Pages and 3.3 or 4.0 (or maybe higher), of the OS before you can actually use it for basic writing tasks as I want to do.

Hardware-wise, it incorporates *none* of the many patents Apple developed over the last five years or so for various "magical" solutions related to the problems of tablet computing and is, (as a lot of people are prone to say lately), functionally just a big iPod touch as a result. The bezels on the side are so huge for instance that you can really only thumb type on it if you have very large hands and thus it fails to solve the problem of how to write on a tablet efficiently while actually mobile. You have to lay it down on a table for it to be useful or curl up on the couch. Also, David Hockney aside, there is of course a need in some situations for a stylus. Styli have been around since the beginning of civilisation in every culture, no matter what Steve Jobs says, there are situations where you absolutely need one.

These are problems that I believe will be solved, and judging by Apple's patent library, they believe so too. They just won't be solved in a 1.0 version. As the ad itself says, this is just the beginning (of basically a whole new platform).

So while I think it's a fantastic little device and I've already ordered one, for these reasons and many more I see it as a mass market, "get-grandma-used-to-it" kind of 1.0 device and I predict much more capable hardware and software in the near future.

I think the size of the bezels was a matter of engineering and usability tradeoffs. While their large size does make it more difficult to thumb type, as we have all become accustomed to with the iPhone, they also make holding it without accidental touches to the screen much easier. I assume a decision had to be made, easier thumb typing or easier holding. Since holding while reading will the far more common activity, it makes sense that this outweighed the typing, IMHO.

You are right on the mass market target. My wife, a complete technophobe who has never seen an iPad in person, mentioned the other day that she would like one. Apple wins again. You are also right about it being a 1.0 device. As with most Apple products (and tech devices in general) I will wait for the follow up. I have no need (though lots of deisre) to be a bleeding edger and will let other work out the kinks.

As for the stylus, the best suggestion I have heard so far is to go buy a pack of those snack size pepperoni. Works as a styles on the capacitive screens and provides you with a snack when you are reading.

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply

"My 8th grade math teacher once said: "You can't help it if you're dumb, you are born that way. But stupid is self inflicted."" -Hiro. 

...sometimes it's both
Reply
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

There isn't a single mention of the "specs" in the ad.

Obviously, you don't understand the iPad customer. They don't care about specs. They care about what it will do. Does it matter if the processor is 20 Hz or 20 Terrahertz if it processes your commands nearly instantaneously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echosonic View Post

I bought an iPad and now I have it on ebay. Wasn't that blown away.

The interface is the best part about it, but instead of saying I'll buy it when it has >insert feature here< included, I'll just say that once I get rid of it, I won't be buying another one.

I WILL, however, buy the very first MacBook Pro that comes with a touch screen and no clamshell lid...

There is a MacBook pro with a touch screen. I don't remember the name, but a third party does the conversion.

As for the rest, I have to wonder about the arrogance of people who think that 'it's not right for me' is equivalent to 'the product is no good'. Like all products (other than air and water), it is not going to work for everyone. The fact that you're not part of the target audience is not a negative against the iPad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark2005 View Post

Agree.

The Mac, desktop and notebook versions, are still flawed. But I'm glad I bought one in 1984 and 1998 and 2008. If I'd adopted a philosophy of waiting for a "not flawed" product, I'd still be computer-less and waiting 26 years later.

My 2008 BMW is flawed (as the 2010 Bimmers are improved). But it was certainly nice for transporting me from place to place for the last 2 years (instead of walking), and one heck of a lot better than even a Toyota.

Exactly. The question is, does the 1.0 version do what you need it to do at a price you can afford? If there are flaws, can they be fixed with software upgrades? For the first question, demand is far in excess of supply right now, so I guess lots of people think it WILL work for them. Software upgrades will undoubtedly fix some early adopter problems (like the relatively rare WiFi problem), although clearly hardware problems won't be addressed unless they're serious.

Besides, when 2.0 comes out, I'll give my current iPad to my daughter and get the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincytee View Post

"thin, beautiful, goes anywhere, and lasts all day."

Hmmm. Are they talking about a gadget or my future girlfriend? Is there an app for *that*?!

Sorry, Jobs says no porn apps in the AppStore. You'll have to go to Android for that.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #76 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by ai46 View Post

Check out Virtuoso.

Nope. . . I too would like to know.
ForScore looks like a great App, but doesn't have the piano layout at the bottom.
post #77 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by midiac View Post

Nope. . . I too would like to know.
ForScore looks like a great App, but doesn't have the piano layout at the bottom.

Hmm. Someone out there must know the answer. Apple wouldn't use vapourware.
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
Macs. Then: IIc. IIsi. IIfx. Color Classic. LCII. LCIII. Beige G3 266. G4 450. Now: i7 iMac. 24-inch iMac 2.8GHz. MBP 2GHz. G5 2GHz. iPad 32GB wifi
Tunes: 32GB iPhone 4G. 32GB iPhone 3GS. 32GB...
Reply
post #78 of 83
Prince, there's an error in the very first sentence of this article that hasn't been fixed in the more than a day since it was posted: "... previous iPod an iPhone product ads..." "an" should be "and". A minot detail, but if that's not caught in proofreading, what other misstatements might have slipped thru?

respectfully
the grammar and punctuation curmudgeon
post #79 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

YEAH finally Steam on the Mac. Can't connect on my stupid PC for months, today I download the Mac client and Boom! It works*. However, Boom! NO VALVE GAMES except Portal for now. Ah well, when Left 4 Dead 2 and Team Fortress 2 come for the Mac, aw yeah... There goes my productivity, if I had any.

For now maybe I'll check out dropping big heavy blocks on delicate little evil turrets. Muah aha ha ha haha ha ha ha ha

How fast will Source run on a 9400M? Hmm...

*Somewhere during the connection I tried using 3G tethering maybe that reset something on the Mac Steam client as I switched over to my DSL. Who knows.

Don't hold your breath... \

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3726/q...al-performance

Apparently, it doesn't look as good nor does it run that fast, compared to Windows on the same hardware.

They DID run OSX on Hackintosh, though... so results are hardly official, but one can consider them as useful exercise.

Anyway, it is not bad beginning. Hopefully they will be developing further.
post #80 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucep View Post





nice one

on the nyc subways a few brave souls already use the ipad like they used one like forever

and like the white ear bud thing where little by little the subway cars filled with pods

the ipads are taking root....the screen looks ... well magical !!!!!!

magical
why yes
its the top half of a mbp in your hand
when the 1tb model comes out im in


9

i guess the ipad killed off all the trolls and placed them in our camp

You look very much alive to me...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › New Apple ad: 'iPad revolution has just begun' (video)