or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › AudoCAD appears headed back to the Mac

AudoCAD appears headed back to the Mac - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Who cares? Autodesk's Revit is the present and the future of architecture. Only cavemen who can't adapt to new technology are still using AutoCAD.
post #82 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampexreels View Post

Who cares? Autodesk's Revit is the present and the future of architecture. Only cavemen who can't adapt to new technology are still using AutoCAD.

2D is still the dominating factor in many industries. Stop with the bs spew.
Hard-Core.
Hard-Core.
post #83 of 87
Quote:

Linkbait: Fresh out of school and 'just discovered this cool Apple site at my new job!' Go run some prints, boy.
post #84 of 87
AutoCAD is a bloated dinosaur. Try Vectorworks instead.
post #85 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcates View Post

AutoCAD is a bloated dinosaur. Try Vectorworks instead.

Bloated, yes. THAT I agree with and the same with Inventor but, that's what's required at the coalface.
post #86 of 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

I also pray it is not as buggy as r12 was on the Mac back then.

I remember it well. It was bad then (not very usable). They have learned that there is a GOOD market for products like that in the Mac world. They also learned that people want an application not an OS or dedicated workstation. This is a good thing. So many have waited too long for this.

I worked for a company that put together proposals in 1996 and again in 1997 to port the Windows version to the Mac (especially 3D modeling stuff). Autodesk felt the market was not right at the time. Apparently things have changed. (I would have loved to do this project but I am glad they waited for Mac OS X - it was a huge job just porting it, and that was System 7/8!. At the time Apple was even willing to kick in $ and resources to make it happen.)
post #87 of 87
Quote:

Who cares? Autodesk's Revit is the present and the future of architecture. Only who can't adapt to new technology are still using AutoCAD.

AutoCAD is used by many more folx than just architects or even just those responsible for the design and construction of buildings. Many engineering disciplines rely on AutoCAD and third party extensions for designing, analyzing, and manufacturing or construction of many diverse products. This is why AutoCAD is still important.

It seems the caveman is the one that thinks that the only place for CAD solutions is in architecture!

Note: I do not own stock in, am not employed by and do not make a living using AutoDesk tools.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › AudoCAD appears headed back to the Mac