or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sestak-Gate: Impeachment?

Sestak-Gate: Impeachment? - Page 2

post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Wow! The left just acts like children when they can no longer defend their hero or position. Shameful...

I've found that many on the left always act like children. It's just more evident in these situations.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I've found that many on the left always act like children. It's just more evident in these situations.

The jizz is just starting to fly.
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
Every eye fixed itself upon him; with parted lips and bated breath the audience hung upon his words, taking no note of time, rapt in the ghastly fascinations of the tale. NOT!
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj1970 View Post

i asked you, politely, to present some facts of your own in support of the claims you've made. Can i take this as an avoidance or evasion because your claims have no basis?

Quote:
After yesterdays taping, Sestak said he recalled the White House offer cumming in July, as he was preparing to formally announce his Senate candidacy in August.

Quote:
Sestak, a retired admiral, said he was approached in July. He announced his challenge in August.

Quote:
The position of ... is filled by appointment of the Executive Branch and requires confirmation by a majority vote of the Senate.

Quote:
The president can make certain appointments only with the advice and consent of the Senate. Officials whose appointments require the Senate's approval include members of the Cabinet, heads of most federal executive agencies, ambassadors, Justices of the Supreme Court, and other federal judges. Under Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, a large number of government appointments are subject to potential confirmation; however, Congress has passed legislation to authorize the appointment of many officials without the Senate's consent (usually, confirmation requirements are reserved for those officials with the most significant final decision-making authority)

post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by franksargent View Post

Got it. I'll take that as a "yes," you will be avoiding and evading.

post #45 of 88
Quote:

The jizz is just starting to fly.

I'm not really sure what this means. Is this an example of the mature, reasoned and rational argumentation we can expect from you?

post #46 of 88
Well some are acting like children alright and have for many years now. It's just amazing what new low they'll stoop to when they really don't have anything.

But you know I've got to be thankful for small things like they can't help their compulsion to prove my point about this immaturity.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #47 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Well some are acting like children alright and have for many years now. It's just amazing what new low they'll stoop to when they really don't have anything.

It's true. I'm glad to see that you're seeing franksargent's actions for what they are. Kudos my man.

post #48 of 88
AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Ignore!
post #49 of 88
Quote:

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Ignore!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! People who are so insecure that they need to tell everyone they're ignoring someone. You crack me up jimmac.

post #50 of 88
Quote:

Got it. I'll take that as a "yes," you will be avoiding and evading.

Cum again?
post #51 of 88
Quote:

Cum again?

Is this an example of the mature, reasoned and rational argumentation we can expect from you?

post #52 of 88
Seriously, the middle school locker room sexual references do nothing to strengthen your argument.

Wait...do you have an argument?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #53 of 88
Quote:

Is this an example of the mature, reasoned and rational argumentation we can expect from you?

Go back to the start of this thread, read the first dozen posts.

If that isn't the perfect example of a circle jerk, I don't know what is.

Now beat it.
post #54 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Seriously, the middle school locker room sexual references do nothing to strengthen your argument.

Well when you're arguing with children sometimes you have to come down to their level ( otherwise thay think you're talking down to them ).
post #55 of 88
Quote:

Go back to the start of this thread, read the first dozen posts.

If that isn't the perfect example of a circle jerk, I don't know what is.

Now beat it.

What is this "circle jerk" you refer to? I'm unfamiliar with the phrase.

post #56 of 88
Quote:

Well when you're arguing with children sometimes you have to come down to their level ( otherwise thay think you're talking down to them ).

You're not ignoring me? Please do. And make sure you let everyone know when you do.

post #57 of 88
Quote:

I don't need an argument, as there is nothing to argue about, as you all are all too busy holding each other's corks.

Pop off.
post #58 of 88
Quote:

I don't need an argument, as there is nothing to argue about, as you all are all too busy holding each other's corks.

Pop off.

You don't have an argument. Obviously. Carry on.

post #59 of 88
Quote:

Let me see if I have this right, someone starts a thread that begins to explore the possibility of federal election crimes committed by the President of the United States (or one of his delegates). Several people comment on this issue. Then franksargent jumps and starts making what appears to be bizarre sexually-oriented comments as a means of disparaging the people commenting in this thread and there are others acting like children?

post #60 of 88
Quote:

You're not ignoring me? Please do. And make sure you let everyone know when you do.

Why bother? You'd probably have just as much respect for a tool designed to foster civility as MJ does. Am I right? And would you call that mature?
post #61 of 88
Quote:

Why bother? You'd probably have just as much respect for a tool designed to foster civility as MJ does. Am I right? And would you call that mature?

What, pray tell, am I failing to "respect" my dear man?

post #62 of 88
Quote:

Hey stop trying to yank my chain, I'm not part and parcel with you all's circle jerk.

But you're the one who seems to know all about them. Not sure what that means.

post #63 of 88
I wonder what Obama would have to do to get one of his blind supporters to call for his impeachment.

post #64 of 88
I don't mean blind in the literal sense, of course.

post #65 of 88
Quote:

I wonder what Obama would have to do to get one of his blind supporters to call for his impeachment.

Democratic strategist James Carville, on CNN this evening, knows the lies Obama is spinning. Carville has always been a big Obama supporter but he knows what Obama said today in press conference, about being in control of oil spill, was straight up bull! Carville was outspoken in his condemnation of the federal response and for good reason.
post #66 of 88
Quote:

Carville is the world's biggest dick wad. At least so I've been told in the past from those on the ultraright.

I don't care too much for Carville either. But when a long-term Democrat strategist suggests that Obama is lying I pay attention.
post #67 of 88
Quote:

Stop right there.

No you have not proved it. Not to the point of your opening post. Impeachment.

The offer, whatever the offer actually was, TBD, was apparently tendered in July, Sestak made his official announcement in running for the Senate in August.

AFAIK, no promise was made, a government position was offered per the rule of law.

In the English language we have this thing called punctuation. One of these punctuation marks is a question mark, which I happened to use. Obviously, if there was no wrongdoing or if Obama wasn't involved, impeachment is off the table. It may also be politically unrealistic, given that the Democrats control both chambers.

As for the timing: First, I don't know how the timing works wrt the law. The verbage changes slightly in the interviews, from "were you offered a job to get out of the race" to "were you offered a job to not get into the race." It may be that if the job was offered before he announced for the race, there was no wrongdoing.

However, I doubt the latter. The statute is pretty clear:

Quote:
Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment, position, compensation, contract, appointment, or other benefit, provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress, or any special consideration in obtaining any such benefit, to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity or for the support of or opposition to any candidate or any political party in connection with any general or special election to any political office, or in connection with any primary election or political convention or caucus held to select candidates for any political office, shall be fined not more than $10,000 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

This would seem to indicate that being offered a job to not get into the race is still illegal. I've not yet heard any legal expert or even media figure make the argument you're making.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #68 of 88
Quote:

Carville is the world's biggest dick wad. At least so I've been told in the past from those on the ultraright.

He is. He's also a Democratic strategist and staunch ally of the party. Watch his rant. It's pretty incredible. He savaged Obama. Then again, he's a Clinton guy, so perhaps it's all part of larger political strategy.
post #69 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

Wow! The left just acts like children when they can no longer defend their hero or position. Shameful...

Pretty much. I love how he tells us to bone up on our facts. Meanwhile, he's tossing around claims like the above. He's also claiming to know about the timing of the offer as it pertains to the law. Does he know if that matters? No.
post #70 of 88
BLAME BUBBA!

White House Asked Bill Clinton to Urge Sestak to Drop Out of Senate Race
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010...p-senate-race/
post #71 of 88
What's amazing to me is that anyone is really surprised by this. It makes the denials and smoke screens from those on the left all the more silly.

Let us not forget that power corrupts...and this applies to the left as well (they just seem to be more willfully blind to this corruption.)

post #72 of 88
Now he's gone from urinating all over the thread to spamming it. Nice.

post #73 of 88
Quote:

Now he's gone from urinating all over the thread to spamming it. Nice.

If franksargent can post his thoughts that may be more useful than his link dump urination; such discussion would aid the thread tremendously.... If he posts a link some commentary should be forthcoming. For example, I like this one: two presidents doing the perp walk rather than one =>

TAG TEAM: CLINTON, OBAMA LUNCH UNDER SESTAK CLOUD
http://www.drudgereport.com/
post #74 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

If franksargent can post his thoughts that may be more useful than his link dump urination; such discussion would aid the thread tremendously....

I totally agree. He won't. The idea here is to daze, confuse and distract.

This idea of Sestak being offered a job to step aside is really not surprising at all, except to those who appear to have an adoration-complex for the Obama administration. This kind of thing is likely happening all the time in one way or another. Whether a crime was committed here is still TBD. But there's no interest in considering the possibility that His Highness might have soiled his hands with anything political because, after all, he is the post-partisan, post-racial, agent of change who elevates above politics unlike those dirty Republicans (or anyone else who happens to disagree with His Highness.)

post #75 of 88
From the posting guidelines:

Quote:
8. Spamming will not be tolerated. Spamming can be defined as either posting excessively with no content or with commercial intent. Neither definition is acceptable here. In general, do not use the forums for personal gain or to boost your post count.

post #76 of 88
Quote:

GOP: White House Sestak story not believable

Quote:

From the posting guidelines:

I reported it. It's clear and intentional spam. It's all they have left.
post #77 of 88
The time stamp on the posts themselves confirm that. Even if there are threads where someone posts multiple times in a row with links, they may be several days apart. Here they aren't even several minutes.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #78 of 88
They were apparently removed. Thanks, mods.
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I reported it. It's clear and intentional spam. It's all they have left.

I seem to remember you lecturing us on the evils of reporting a couple of years ago when Lundy became mod?

I'm not making a judgement on what you reported on just that you reported and you seem to indicate you thought that was wrong before.

Just a question. I myself ( who has never reported anyone yet ) came close to reporting recently when someone from this board started sending me insulting PMs. I don't think they were random either.
post #80 of 88
White House admits effort to keep Sestak out of Senate race:

Quote:
White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel used former President Bill Clinton as an intermediary last year as part of a failed administration effort to dissuade Pennsylvania Rep. Joe Sestak from running for the U.S. Senate, according to a publicly released memorandum from the White House legal counsel's office.

Quote:
Bauer stated in the memo that efforts "were made in June and July of 2009 to determine whether Congressman Sestak would be interested in service on a presidential or other Senior Executive Branch Advisory Board, which would avoid a divisive Senate primary, allow him to retain his seat in the House, and provide him with an opportunity for additional service to the public in a high-level advisory capacity."

You gotta love Obama-tactics here. Releasing this memo/report late on a Friday before a holiday weekend. Brilliant!

Scumbags.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Sestak-Gate: Impeachment?