or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Sick and tired of not being able to print over Airport

Sick and tired of not being able to print over Airport

post #1 of 2
I have had this Airport printing problem forever - one of my three macs refuses to print wirelessly.

I have a Mac Pro tower, a 17" MacBook Pro, and a 15" MacBook Pro. Only the 17" will not print over the Airport Extreme, but will print when connected over USB.

I've done printing system resets, driver installs, etc., but no luck. I see the print job go to the printer and the printing monitor app opens in the dock. I see the job in the list and it does say it is printing (though its only in the list for barely a second), then appears to be complete as the job disappears from the list and I get the "Printer Ready" indication. I can see the job listed as successfully printed if I "Show Completed Jogs".

The Console log shows that the print job went out without a problem. I compared the Console output to that on my 15" MBPro and it looks identical.

Had this problem with both Tiger and Leopard.

Incidentally, the tower was recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and it still prints wirelessly just fine.

Please help!
post #2 of 2
Applied all the Airport Extreme updates?

Have you tried installing OS X on a external drive and hold option boot from it to see if it's a bad OS install on the 17"?

Have you done a Archive and Install? Is the OS X install disk clean?

Sometimes a bad sector on the drive causes glitches, to cure this you have to Erase with Zero the boot drive and reinstall OS X fresh. (deletes all DATA!)

Have you checked Apple Forums for others with similar problems with 17"?
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Apple Software
AppleInsider › Forums › General › Genius Bar › Apple Software › Sick and tired of not being able to print over Airport