or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men" - Page 3

post #81 of 87
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:
<strong>

Anyone who disagrees with you is just throwing a tantrum?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was referring to the over-heated, name-calling tone of your recent posts - I already knew that we don't see eye to eye on some issues...
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
post #82 of 87
[quote]Originally posted by The Blue Meanie:
<strong>
Spaceman Spiff?? Ah, Calvin & Hobbes...[gets dewy-eyed] But what happened to Roger Ramjet?
Anyway, I thought that particular <img src="graemlins/bugeye.gif" border="0" alt="[Skeptical]" /> smiley was supposed to suggest surprise or confusion, not a wink like the smiley. Correct me if I'm wrong....</strong><hr></blockquote>

I was responding to what you said not the emoticon.

As for roger_ramjet, he'll be back. spaceman_spiff is my fourth user name I've used on these boards. (My first one wasn't at all imaginative.) I miss Calvin & Hobbes too. It's fun playing around with images of him.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: spaceman_spiff ]</p>
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
post #83 of 87
[quote]Originally posted by The Blue Meanie:
<strong>
I was referring to the over-heated, name-calling tone of your recent posts - I already knew that we don't see eye to eye on some issues...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Right, except I didn't call you any names. Someone in this thread called me a name but you didn't have a problem with that.
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
post #84 of 87
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:
<strong>

Right, except I didn't call you any names. Someone in this thread called me a name but you didn't have a problem with that.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I seem to recall something about me being Moore's little sycophant...
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
post #85 of 87
[quote]Originally posted by The Blue Meanie:
<strong>
I seem to recall something about me being Moore's little sycophant...</strong><hr></blockquote>

I said you had a choice. You could either be fair or be a sycophant. Sycophants doin't worry about being fair. What's more if you have a problem with that, why didn't you have a problem when solo called me a crackhead? Oh I know! He was attacking me. I guess that automatically means it wasn't a tantrum! Not only didn't you have a problem with it you endorsed what he said. You had plenty of time to back away from that remark but you didnt.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: spaceman_spiff ]</p>
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
post #86 of 87
Thread Starter 
[quote]Originally posted by spaceman_spiff:
<strong>

I said you had a choice. You could either be fair or be a sycophant. Sycophants doin't worry about being fair. What's more if you have a problem with that, why didn't you have a problem when solo called me a crackhead? Oh I know! He was attacking me. I guess that automatically means it wasn't a tantrum! Not only didn't you have a problem with it you endorsed what he said. You had plenty of time to back away from that remark but you didnt.

[ 05-02-2002: Message edited by: spaceman_spiff ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Okay, a slightly belated reply:-
Look, I'm not keeping track of exactly who said what to who. You obviously are. But yes, you're right, it was a little inconsistent of me to accuse you of name-calling when I endorsed solo's post. You obviously know that I was endorsing the rest of his/ her statement, not that particular adjective, which is admittedly somewhat intemperate. And if you're so bothered about solo's jibe, why aren't you demanding an apology from him/ her? What's the point of bitching to me about it?
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
--
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All wor k and no play makes Jack a dull boyy
Alll work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
Reply
post #87 of 87
[quote]Originally posted by The Blue Meanie:
<strong>
... if you're so bothered about solo's jibe, why aren't you demanding an apology from him/ her? What's the point of bitching to me about it?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I only brought it up because of the noise you started giving me. Back when he first posted I addressed other aspects of his post. I don't even know why you thought what he said was so on target. He was intending to refute me but he actually strengthened the point I was making.
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
shooby doo, shooby doo
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Michael Moore's "Stupid White Men"