or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › AT&T will sell unlimited plans without iPad 3G hardware before June 7 [u]

AT&T will sell unlimited plans without iPad 3G hardware before June 7 [u] - Page 2

post #41 of 77
Pandora Radio and XM Radio. I listen all the time and go over 5gb monthly. Average about 8.5Gb a motnh and never heard from AT&T.
post #42 of 77
Question (I've been looking all over and have yet to find a straight answer): I got my iPad 3G last week, but have not activated the 3G service yet because I haven't needed it. I get the feeling I should go ahead and sign up for an unlimited plan. However, my question is, if I decide to turn off the auto-renew after a month (because I don't really need 3G most the time), will I be able to get the unlimited plan again? Or do I need to keep having it renew every month in order to hold onto the unlimited plan?

This was a pretty shitty move on the part of both AT&T and Apple. Apple HAD to have known about this by the launch day of the 3G model and it is almost criminal that they didn't inform everyone of the data plan change.
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDevil View Post

Question (I've been looking all over and have yet to find a straight answer): I got my iPad 3G last week, but have not activated the 3G service yet because I haven't needed it. I get the feeling I should go ahead and sign up for an unlimited plan. However, my question is, if I decide to turn off the auto-renew after a month (because I don't really need 3G most the time), will I be able to get the unlimited plan again? Or do I need to keep having it renew every month in order to hold onto the unlimited plan?

This was a pretty shitty move on the part of both AT&T and Apple. Apple HAD to have known about this by the launch day of the 3G model and it is almost criminal that they didn't inform everyone of the data plan change.

You have to keep renewing to keep the deal. Based on the usage I've seen it's not financially viable to keep paying for the Unlimited account.

Plus, you can sign up for the 200MB for $15 and if you go over you can call AT&T and they will let you up to 2GB for $25 without a penalty or overage fees, providing you call during that month of usage.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #44 of 77
Quote:

You will loose the unlimited due to AT&T changing the terms when you activate again.
post #45 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You have to keep renewing to keep the deal. Based on the usage I've seen it's not financially viable to keep paying for the Unlimited account.

Plus, you can sign up for the 200MB for $15 and if you go over you can call AT&T and they will let you up to 2GB for $25 without a penalty or overage fees, providing you call during that month of usage.

I see. Thanks for the reply!

Just another big f-u from AT&T! Keeping my fingers crossed for the end of exclusivity on Monday!
post #46 of 77
Quote:

I see. Thanks for the reply!

Just another big f-u from AT&T! Keeping my fingers crossed for the end of exclusivity on Monday!

It sucks that they changed the plan 5 months after they announced it, but that is one of the pitfalls of going month to month. You do lose a lock in for price points.

They are letting you use it like an ETF-free contract you can get yourself out of at any time but keep the Unlimited plan of the 250MB for $15/month. They are also letting you call them to change your usage even if you go over without any fee.

They don't have to let you do either of these and compared with the rest of the US market I'd say they are actually being pretty nice for a carrier.

David Ppgue has a pretty fair article on the new fees...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/03/te...gue-email.html
post #47 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooch View Post

i find it funny how the media has since day one bought into at&t's claim that it's an "unlimited" plan.

it's not.

it's a 5GB plan.

yes and no. It is an unlimited plan. but ATT retains the right to charge you more if you go over 5GB so long as they notify you first.

So I imagine the first couple of times, especially if several months apart, they do nothing but if you are going over like every month you'd get a notice about your excessive use and that in the future anything over 5GB would be charge at a rate of X. However, you are welcome to cancel your service and as this is a change in terms, there's no ETF blah blah

as for the ipad thing, they can't sign you up and hand you a sim that you swap for the one in the unit when it arrives?
post #48 of 77
Quote:

It sucks that they changed the plan 5 months after they announced it, but that is one of the pitfalls of going month to month. You do lose a lock in for price points.

They are letting you use it like an ETF-free contract you can get yourself out of at any time but keep the Unlimited plan of the 250MB for $15/month. They are also letting you call them to change your usage even if you go over without any fee.

They don't have to let you do either of these and compared with the rest of the US market I'd say they are actually being pretty nice for a carrier.

David Ppgue has a pretty fair article on the new fees...
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/03/te...gue-email.html

Yeah I know it's not bad really, and I know that I'll likely never use 2GB of data a month (though on my iPad I'm not so sure). But I would gladly pay the extra $5 a month to not have to worry about how much data I'm using. AND this was one of the main selling points of the 3G iPad. Now I'll have to constantly be checking my data usage to ensure I don't go over my limit. I guess I'm mostly pissed about the inconvenience and the feeling I just got played by AT&T (which I did apparently).

Oh well, life goes on...
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

So I imagine the first couple of times, especially if several months apart, they do nothing but if you are going over like every month you'd get a notice about your excessive use and that in the future anything over 5GB would be charge at a rate of X.

Never had that happen and have never seen proof of that happening.

Quote:

Now I'll have to constantly be checking my data usage to ensure I don't go over my limit. I guess I'm mostly pissed about the inconvenience and the feeling I just got played by AT&T (which I did apparently).

Oh well, life goes on...

1) If you currently have AT&T and a data plan from them you can easily check your data usage going back about 7 months. You get a nice graph and everything.

2) On the iPad and the iPhone they will send you a message when you reach certain limits to prevent you from going over.

3) in iPhone v4.0 you can now turn off Cellular Data (I don't mean Airplane Mode or going from 3G to EDGE) this way you can make sure you can be sure you only using WiFi when you're on WiFi that may be coming in and out.

4) If you do go over it's not some wonky pre KB fee that will push you into the thousands of dollars within minutes. It's $10 for another 1GB. If you start reaching the end of that you'll get notifications, again, about your usage.

5) If you are unaware about your usage and you haven't been illegally tethering I seriously doubt you even came close to 2GB. Chances are you're going to be saving money with this plan. Start with 200MB and then see if you need more.
post #50 of 77
Quote:

1) If you currently have AT&T and a data plan from them you can easily check your data usage going back about 7 months. You get a nice graph and everything.

2) On the iPad and the iPhone they will send you a message when you reach certainly limits to prevent you from going over.

3) in iPhone v4.0 you can now turn off Cellular Data (I don't mean Airplane Mode or going from 3G to EDGE) this way you can make sure you can be sure you only using WiFi when you're on WiFi that may be coming in and out.

4) If you do go over it's not some wonky pre KB fee that will push you into the thousands of dollars within minutes. It's $10 for another 1GB. If you start reaching the end of that you'll get notifications, again, about your usage.

5) If you are unaware about your usage and you haven't been illegally tethering I seriously doubt you even came close to 2GB. Chances are you're going to be saving money with this plan. Start with 200MB and then see if you need more.

Sage advice

My gripe is really not about the change for iPhones. I have no doubt I will be saving money there. My problem is with the iPad plans. One of the main reasons I bought the 3G was so that I could sign up for unlimited 3G data at a moment's notice and take my iPad anywhere and have it work almost as if it were still connected to WIFI. I feel that unlimited access is a fair thing to ask for on the iPad since it is so much closer to a computer and has the potential to consume much more data than the iPhone (streaming movies via the Netflicks app comes to mind). Still, nothing I can do about it!
post #51 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by NasserAE View Post

I don't think you need to worry about losing the unlimited plan anymore. It seems that you can keep the iPad unlimited data option if you ordered your iPad by Jun 6th (see the update in the article).

There's no guarantee the unlimited plan will last - there just isn't-- and we see where their intentions are. There's no contract
2011 13" 2.3 MBP, 2006 15" 2.16 MBP, iPhone 4, iPod Shuffle, AEBS, AppleTV2 with XBMC.
2011 13" 2.3 MBP, 2006 15" 2.16 MBP, iPhone 4, iPod Shuffle, AEBS, AppleTV2 with XBMC.
post #52 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

Steve Job's said it was unlocked.. meaning it's radio isn't locked to one carrier, and there are no contract prices on the iPad itself. You can buy a month to month data plan from any carrier, but the best deals are in the contract prices. You give them more business they give you a better deal.. it isn't rocket science nor is it anything criminal. It's business.

Would I like to see them offer some special low cost no contract deal just for iPad? Sure who wouldn't. I'm sure Steve Job's would love that too.. but you can't honestly expect that, it's not how business works.

I'm not trying to say AT&T is some fantastic, honest, heart warming company, but I find almost all arguement's against contracts completely rediculous. You can't expect a company to give you a $700 phone for $199, give you their best deals on services, and not expect some gaurentee that you won't just walk right out their door and right into the competition's.

Anyone can sign up for any carrier and buy any phone without a contract, but your pricing will be inflated due to the fact that they have nothing to say they will get your dollars next month.

If you want to argue the prices themselves, fine. Infact I encourage it!! It just sturs up the competition and makes for better deals in the end. But give it up with the whining over contracts.

"Unlocked"? Call it what you want. How many carriers in the USA can the current iPad get 3G on?? Tada! ONE
post #53 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Users will not, however, be able to tether their iPhone to their iPad. The issue exists because the iPhone can only tether over USB or Bluetooth, and the iPad cannot accept data in either of those formats. For iPhone-to-iPad tethering to become possible, Apple would have to update the software on one of the devices.

hmm. so what are these games exchanging via bluetooth when I play Asphalt5 with my buddy on his iPad? It isn't data?

TechnoMinds

We are a Montreal based technology company that offers a variety of tech services such as tech support for Apple products, Drupal based website development, computer training and iCloud...

TechnoMinds

We are a Montreal based technology company that offers a variety of tech services such as tech support for Apple products, Drupal based website development, computer training and iCloud...

post #54 of 77
Quote:

Sage advice

My gripe is really not about the change for iPhones. I have no doubt I will be saving money there. My problem is with the iPad plans. One of the main reasons I bought the 3G was so that I could sign up for unlimited 3G data at a moment's notice and take my iPad anywhere and have it work almost as if it were still connected to WIFI. I feel that unlimited access is a fair thing to ask for on the iPad since it is so much closer to a computer and has the potential to consume much more data than the iPhone (streaming movies via the Netflicks app comes to mind). Still, nothing I can do about it!

Right. And if you use the 2GB, they only offer 2 more at $12.50 each, but for the iPhone you can buy 1GB at a time for $10.00. Why should the same amount of data on the iPad cost 25% more than on the iPhone? And why should tethering be $20.00 more and they don't even give more data? Rip off!
post #55 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioTech View Post

Pandora Radio and XM Radio. I listen all the time and go over 5gb monthly. Average about 8.5Gb a motnh and never heard from AT&T.

Exactly. at&t has just CRIPPLED the iPad. Listening to the radio would cost you over a hundred dollars a month now.

This is so bad I swear I think at&t is trying to kcuf Apple.
post #56 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

Not sure about the 5GB cap, but a guy at work was told by AT&T that he used too much data on his iPhone and they dumped him. He had been an AT&T customer for over 10 years, iPhone for maybe a year.

"A guy at work said..." Well, it's the 5GB cap we are talking about... we need evidence! Did he get it in writing?
post #57 of 77
Gizmodo ran the numbers of data usage for different video sites so if you plan to hit some of those apps hard with your iPad 3G you might want to get the Unlimited before it's too late.
http://gizmodo.com/5555921/how-much-...new-data-plans
Quote:

Sage advice

Sure, it seems shitty to change it up 5 months after announcing a break through deal. It makes AT&T look bad even though their current deals aren't bad, are even across the board, except for those grandfathered, and will likely save customers money on average.

By biggest issue is what 8CoreWhore mentions above about charging $20 for the option to tether despite offering no additional data for this privilege. On top of that, Apple locks down tethering to an all-or-nothing feature so even if your phone is on WiFi and for some reason you are trying to connect a device that doesn't have WiFi you can't even turn this on. last year my MBP's WiFi card disappeared for a week and tethering my iPhone via WiFi illegally saved me from not having it online during that time.
post #58 of 77
I found more options for Unlimited Data read the article.
post #59 of 77
Quote:

If you activate it before Monday, you are grandfathered in (for an indeterminate period of time - at att whim) but the second you let it lapse for any reason you lose the option permanently. An att rep detailed this in an interview with TUAW.
post #60 of 77
Quote:

... Sure, it seems shitty to change it up 5 months after announcing a break through deal. ...

It's utterly unconscionable to do this 1 month after the iPad 3G went on sale. Many people bought it, a device that in the US is only usable on AT&T's network, expressly because of the promise of an advertised service at an advertised price from AT&T. This isn't just a case of, "It sucks, but that's the danger of no contract service." This is exactly the sort of thing that ought to bring wrath of strict regulation down on the industry.

I urge everyone who bought an iPad 3G to file a complaint of bait and switch advertising* with the FTC, and, more importantly, write or call your congressional representatives and urge them to step up to the plate and both make AT&T live up to its promises and put an end to these sort of consumer abuses by the wireless industry through stringent regulation.

* Even though this is a device sold by Apple, it was sold with specific capabilities that allow service through AT&T alone in the US, and AT&T made specific promises about that service. There was an inducement, by AT&T, to buy a device that profits them directly through the use of these services and they are now reneging on the promise of those services. Even the no contract aspect of the promises is a deception since the only way you can maintain the services is effectively by maintaining a de facto contract with AT&T for service.
post #61 of 77
I paid the extra $130 dollars for the iPad 3G because I believed Apple's and AT&T's advertising of unlimited data plans for $30 per month, contract-free, that I could purchase and cancel at will. I do feel taken advantage of and a victim of the "bait-and-switch" tactic. When I bought my iPad 3G, I bought it to have access to unlimited data on the 3G network for $30 when I wanted or needed it, not for access to 2 GB of data per month for $25.

If AT&T wants to grandfather in iPads, then they damn well ought to grandfather in anyone who purchased an iPad prior to June 7, regardless of whether those users activated 3G or not. They can look at the purchase date for my iPad to verify that I bought it the first day it was on sale, and that I bought it with the advertised offer of unlimited data for $30 per month.

I am pissed, and I could care less what AT&T claim about 98% of users versus 2%. Why would anyone believe AT&T's stats anyway, when they only serve to bolster AT&T's pursuit to throttle data usage on the all smart phones/mobile devices?
"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions."
"A fool finds no pleasure in understanding but delights in airing his own opinions."
post #62 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider;

For iPhone-to-iPad tethering to become possible, Apple would have to update the software on one of the devices.

Did i just read this right? i thought i was dreaming! IF this ever happens, and AT&T adds additional data with tethering, then i'm in. But for now, the extra $20 for tethering w/o added data is a bit high for my taste. I'll save the $240/year for the next ver of iPad.
post #63 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranum View Post

If AT&T wants to grandfather in iPads, then they damn well ought to grandfather in anyone who purchased an iPad prior to June 7, regardless of whether those users activated 3G or not.

i do belive that is AT&T's intension here. BUT, you must also auto renew in order to get the unlimited data. A bummer indead. Understandable that you are p***d, so is a lot of others.
post #64 of 77
I just realized that, in all of the stories I've read about this, no one - writers or commenters - have noted that there is no way the iPad 3G has been out and in use long enough for this 98% vs. 2% statistic to be remotely accurate. When AT&T claims 98% of users won't be affected by the data pricing changes (a stat that I still think is bogus), they can only be making that claim based on iPhone data usage. To then change the data plan for 3G iPads based on data usage stats for the iPhone is completely bogus. The iPad is intended to be a data consumption device. It's not a big iPhone, contrary to the opinions of some.

That AT&T is making data plans the same for iPhone and iPad users is an attempt to treat the two devices the same, but AT&T understands that iPad users will most likely use more data than iPhone users because the iPad is primarily a data-driven device.

I've also read a lot of comments at other sites from iPhone users who claim the change is no big deal, and is even beneficial, because - for themselves - they pay $5 less per month and thus save money. Several of these same commenters have said (paraphrasing) "What's the big deal? If 2 GB at $25 isn't enough, iPad users can pay another $10, for a total of $35, to get 3 GB, which is only $5 more than the $30 they would have paid for unlimited." My response is, well, if an extra $5 a month is okay for iPad users to pay for 3 GB (not unlimited, as we were promised, mind you), then why is the new deal such a good deal for you to save the extra $5 month? If $5 extra each month is okay for us, then iPhone users shouldn't have cared when they were paying $30 each month vs. $25. (My only reason for bringing this up here is that I didn't want to have to register at those other sites to make the comment.)
post #65 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

I know how people love unlimited, but for all the people who are upset about the 2GB cap do they Honestly feel they are in the miniscule fraction of people who use anywhere even near 1GB a month. Like what difference will this actually make?
I mean, on my iPhone I would deffinatley consider myself an above average data user, but I honestly never go over even 200mb a month.
Now in retrospect I don't own an iPad so there may be a big difference.. Can someone who has an iPad answer that for me?? Does it suck up alot more data then iphone.. like in the 5 to 10 times more range??

Dude, nobody cares about your iPhone usage. That's great that you pay all this money and don't even use the damn device. Good for you.

Everyone on my plan is using 2-4 gb a month easily. It's called, "streaming" That fantastic new technology that just came out that makes these devices worth using.
post #66 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmz View Post

Dude, nobody cares about your iPhone usage. That's great that you pay all this money and don't even use the damn device. Good for you.

Everyone on my plan is using 2-4 gb a month easily. It's called, "streaming" That fantastic new technology that just came out that makes these devices worth using.

Yeah, another way to look at this is that AT&T, through their insatiable greed, is actually stifling new technologies and new sectors of the economy. Something that "free market" economics fails to account for, and another example of how unfettered capitalism fails to achieve the "best" result in the economy taken as a whole. What's "good" for the wireless industry, just as what's good for the petroleum industry, may not be good for anyone else.
post #67 of 77
https://www.FTCComplaintAssistant.go...d.aspx?Lang=en

File an FTC complaint against Apple and AT&T for changing the deal on the iPad data plans barely a month after the device shipped to consumers.

It only takes a few minutes....
post #68 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPPlanMan View Post

https://www.FTCComplaintAssistant.go...d.aspx?Lang=en

File an FTC complaint against Apple and AT&T for changing the deal on the iPad data plans barely a month after the device shipped to consumers.

It only takes a few minutes....

File an FTC complaint against AT&T. I don't think Apple had anything to do with this.
post #69 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

File an FTC complaint against AT&T. I don't think Apple had anything to do with this.

Oh please! Apple HAD to have known that AT&T was planning to change the data plans. I'm willing to give Apple the benefit of the doubt and say they may not have known about the rate changes when they announced the iPad in January, but I'd be willing to bet just about anything they knew about it by the time the iPad 3G was launched at the end of April. Apple should have told us about the plan change then, because people like me bought the iPad 3G thinking we would be able to add unlimited 3G service when it was needed . Now, to get the unlimited plan, I have to sign up by tomorrow and never stop renewing my service, which seems almost like my iPad is being held hostage.
post #70 of 77
Quote:

Oh please! Apple HAD to have known that AT&T was planning to change the data plans. ...

I don't see any reason why Apple HAD to know about this. If they did, and an investigation were conducted, that would be revealed, but, since the advertised plans and switch were AT&T's, and there's no actual evidence that Apple new of AT&T's intent, the complaints should be filed against them.

I think it is clear that AT&T planned this in advance -- i.e., they didn't just wake up on the morning of June 2 and decide to do it -- the interesting question is how far in advance. They continued for a month after the iPad 3G became available, and for longer after it was available to order, to continue to advertise the original plan when at some point they already knew they were changing it. At what point? and shouldn't they have clearly informed consumers that such a switch was imminent? Shouldn't they have informed consumers that "no contract" for this plan was not really the case? After all, is it really "no contract" if discontinuation of service for some period makes the plan unavailable? There's a reasonable expectation by consumers, based on the originally advertised plans that they will be in effect for some not insignificant period of time, and one month following release does not qualify as a significant period of time.
post #71 of 77
If everyone had an unlimited iphone data plan (29.99) with the cheapest voice plan (39.99), and everyone used VOIP you could have unlimited talk & data. ATT probably fears one day having data only iphones (not unlike ipad plans) bypassing the voice portion of the bill, thus having an extreme severe impact on revenue. On a different note, why does Apple even advertise the fact that you can download movies on iphone??? Say I rented one movie per week while on trains or business trips, it would cost an extra:

2GB plan:

1.5 GB/movie x 4 = 6 GB) - 2 GB(pro plan) = 4 GB overage x $10.00= 40.00/4= 10 per movie
So it would cost me (besides the $25 plan) an extra $10.00 per movie plus 4.99 to rent for a grand total of just $14.99 per movie rental. W/O even using it for anything else!

200MB plan:

Let's not even go there....

EVENTUALLY ONE DAY SOON VOICE PLANS WILL BE A THING OF THE PAST_ R.I.P.
post #72 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

i don't see any reason why apple had to know about this. If they did, and an investigation were conducted, that would be revealed, but, since the advertised plans and switch were at&t's, and there's no actual evidence that apple new of at&t's intent, the complaints should be filed against them.

I think it is clear that at&t planned this in advance -- i.e., they didn't just wake up on the morning of june 2 and decide to do it -- the interesting question is how far in advance. They continued for a month after the ipad 3g became available, and for longer after it was available to order, to continue to advertise the original plan when at some point they already knew they were changing it. At what point? And shouldn't they have clearly informed consumers that such a switch was imminent? Shouldn't they have informed consumers that "no contract" for this plan was not really the case? After all, is it really "no contract" if discontinuation of service for some period makes the plan unavailable? There's a reasonable expectation by consumers, based on the originally advertised plans that they will be in effect for some not insignificant period of time, and one month following release does not qualify as a significant period of time.

maybe they are sticking it to appl for finally letting verizon in the mix. Showing appl how important they are to its growth & how much they are helping ipad growth w/ unlmtd plans. Perhaps all these steps were always part of a contigency plan 'if' aapl were to no longer want a single us carrier...
post #73 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by floribus View Post

On a different note, why does Apple even advertise the fact that you can download movies on iphone??? Say I rented one movie per week while on trains or business trips, it would cost an extra:

2GB plan:

1.5 GB/movie x 4 = 6 GB)

1) Why would you rent the HD version to watch on a 3.5" display? Note that currently that isn't even an option because, a) the current iPhone won't play HD files with is the only way you'll get 1.5GB form an H.264 encoded video, and b) the iTS store won't let you DL such a large video over cellular network.

2) If that is your case and you think the next iPhone will load and play HD videos (which I'm sure it will) and you think they will allow you to DL any files from iTS over cellular networks (which I'm not sure they will) then stick with the Unlimited plan currently in place.
post #74 of 77
Quote:

Oh please! Apple HAD to have known that AT&T was planning to change the data plans. I'm willing to give Apple the benefit of the doubt and say they may not have known about the rate changes when they announced the iPad in January, but I'd be willing to bet just about anything they knew about it by the time the iPad 3G was launched at the end of April. Apple should have told us about the plan change then, because people like me bought the iPad 3G thinking we would be able to add unlimited 3G service when it was needed . Now, to get the unlimited plan, I have to sign up by tomorrow and never stop renewing my service, which seems almost like my iPad is being held hostage.

iPad is unlocked. Use a different carrier if you are not happy with AT&T.
post #75 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post

iPad is unlocked. Use a different carrier if you are not happy with AT&T.

As soon as Apple announces other carriers offering $30 unlimited data plans, contract-free, on a come-and-go-as-you-like basis for the iPad, I would certainly take my "unlocked" iPad to another carrier.

And another observation about the original advertised unlimited data plans: A customer would have had to have a MINIMUM of three months access for the originally advertised plan to actually have been honored - one month of unlimited service, followed by one month of cancelled service, followed by a third month of unlimited service. Seeing as AT&T changed the terms of the plan only 33 days after it was available to iPad 3G users, NO ONE was able to use the unlimited data plans as promoted and advertised by Apple and AT&T.

I am waiting and hoping to hear this issue addressed in Steve's keynote tomorrow. IF Apple and AT&T ignore this issue as it currently stands and expect to just move forward with AT&T's new plans, I am going to be returning my 64GB iPad 3G and I'll expect a FULL refund - no restocking fee or anything - and will purchase the 64 GB Wi-Fi version. I'll get the $130 + tax back and it will be a loss for both Apple and AT&T, especially AT&T.
post #76 of 77
That doesn't seem right. From what I understand, those who currently have the unlimited plan or who get it by Mon., can continue with the unlimited plan for $30.

Can someone point me to sources stating either Apple or AT&T said the unlimited plans would be available forever?
post #77 of 77
In addition to the FTC, you can also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau....
http://www.bbb.org/us/

You can also file a complaint with the Attorney General of your state..
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • AT&T will sell unlimited plans without iPad 3G hardware before June 7 [u]
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › AT&T will sell unlimited plans without iPad 3G hardware before June 7 [u]