or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Music that moves you to tears

Music that moves you to tears - Page 2

post #41 of 45
Dude, Artman@_@, I want your CD collection!

Anyone besides me care for Miles Davis? I mean it, that piece is breathtaking.
post #42 of 45
The best sad piece I can think of is Adagio for Strings by Samuel Barber

I could not agree more. However whenever I hear it now (thanks to home world) I picture trying to protect the last 500,000 of my species from alien attacks as my planet burns in the background...
What an amazing game.

Space Lion doesnt so muc hget me teary but it relaxes me into a state of almost utter bliss
I think Ill go listen to that now...

As for stuff no ones mentioned:
Leonard Cohen - Joan of arc
"and saying this
she climbed inside
to be his one
to be his only bride"
(talking about the burning of Joan of Arc of course)

Leonard Cohen - Famous blue raincoat
"So you let some woman have a place in your life
and when she got home.... she was nobodies wife"

Aphex Twin - On (I dont know why, but this song puts me in a kind of sad happiness and awe which I can not describe)

Clint Mansell - Requiem for a Dream Overtures (especially winter, reminds me of that scene as the old lady walks along the snowy street in the red dress amongst the shadow like blurs of other people)

and while it doesnt really give me tears, it chills the hell out of me:
Tool - H (this is easily the most depressing songs Ive ever heard. GREAT song about addiction)
"and as I look into your eyes I see all the times that I have died, and I will die
but its all right, I dont mind"
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
Those who dance the dance must look very foolish to those who can't hear the music
post #43 of 45
[quote]Originally posted by The Toolboi:
<strong>and while it doesnt really give me tears, it chills the hell out of me:
Tool - H (this is easily the most depressing songs Ive ever heard. GREAT song about addiction)
"and as I look into your eyes I see all the times that I have died, and I will die
but its all right, I dont mind"</strong><hr></blockquote>

"And as the walls come down and as I look in your eyes my fear begins to fade recalling all of the times I have died and will die. It's all right. I don't mind." Maybe my favorite line from the whole album, and I agree, quite a downer of a song.
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
"Oh boy, sleep! That's where I'm a viking!"
post #44 of 45
[quote]Originally posted by radar1503:
<strong>Hey btober...

I have you beat on the registration by 8 places. </strong><hr></blockquote>

It's a joke from the old AI...
post #45 of 45
[quote]Originally posted by tonton:
[QB]Dude, Artman@_@, I want your CD collection!/QB]<hr></blockquote>

*sniff* It was my record collection that I taped...sadly, I sold them all when I was desparate for money. Still, you can get most of the bands on CD or Mp3.

One that has been hard to find is the original Psychedelic Furs debut album (UK version). It has a better sound mix and a couple of tunes that were omitted from the US release.

Their were some great '80s bands...
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
I AM THE Royal Pain in the Ass.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Music that moves you to tears