or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street expects iPhone 4 to impress, boost sales for Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wall Street expects iPhone 4 to impress, boost sales for Apple

post #1 of 43
Thread Starter 
Following the introduction of iPhone 4, Wall Street analysts said Apple will see even greater sales of its handset in the next year driven by consumer demand for the impressive new hardware.

Analysts said they were satisfied by Apple's presentation, despite the fact that many surprises were previously spoiled by a handful of high-profile leaks, revealing the new design of the latest iPhone. But those public teardowns of inoperable hardware couldn't show off some of the handset's features, including the new Retina Display and the incorporation of a gyroscope.

Piper Jaffray

Analyst Gene Munster said Apple's latest iPhone is "significantly more advanced than the next best alternative." He expects Wall Street's current average quarterly iPhone sales estimates of 8.7 million to move higher after the debut of iPhone 4.

Munster said that the iPhone continues to take market share from other device categories, as Apple's handset gains more features and becomes more capable.

"The gee-whiz feature of iPhone 4 is FaceTime (videochat), adding yet another feature which historically was tied to a personal computer," he said. "iPhone 4 also adds an HD video camera, iMovie for the iPhone and the ability to run multiple apps at the same time, collectively creating an integrated experience that used to require multiple devices. The bottom line is the iPhone is taking unit and dollar share from other device categories."

Because he believes iPhone 4 is the most significant improvement to the hardware line yet, Munster said more users will be inclined to upgrade than opted with last year's iPhone 3GS.

Oppenheimer

"William Tell would hate this Apple," analyst Yair Reiner wrote, referring to the folk hero of Switzerland.

Despite the "dribble of leaks" before Monday's keynote, he said, Apple's latest iPhone "catapults the smartphone category forward along every axis of relevance to consumers: OS sophistication, speed, battery life, display resolution, video connectivity and camera quality. If products like the HTC Incredible demonstrate that Apple's competitors have significantly improved their game, the iPhone 4 suggests the stronger competition has sparked an almost fierce level of innovation at Apple."

Reiner also provided details on the new 5 megapixel camera in the iPhone, capable of recording 720p video. Citing checks with suppliers, he said the new module is "orders of magnitude more sophisticated than anything previously attempted in a smartphone."

After its debut in the U.S., France, Germany, the U.K. and Japan on June 24, iPhone 4 will quickly ramp up to 87 total countries by September. This quicker-than-expected global launch caused Reiner to raise his estimates for Apple's third fiscal quarter of 2010 to $14.8 billion in revenue and $3.07 in earnings per share, up from $13.6 billion and $2.71, respectively.

Kaufman Bros.

Analyst Shaw Wu said the new form factor and software will serve as a "powerful catalyst" for sales of iPhone 4. He said the price points of $199 for 16GB and $299 for 32GB are aggressive.

Wu said the most intriguing new features of Apple's latest handset are FaceTime video chat, the new HD screen dubbed Retina Display, folders in iOS for better management of applications, and the incorporation of a gyroscope which will lead to a "new generation of software, particularly gaming, featuring 6-axis motion control."

Wu has modeled sales of 8.05 million iPhones for the June quarter, a number he said is likely conservative. He said he will modify his estimates once he can see how iPhone 4 production is coming along through supply chain checks.

J.P. Morgan Research

Mark Moskowitz said iPhone 4 offers "suitable advancements," which will help to assure that Apple will maintain its leadership role in the smartphone market. He said key features are FaceTime, Retina Display, multitasking, and the introduction of iBooks and iMovie applications for the iPhone.

"In the next 12 months, we expect Apple to benefit from the churn effect," Moskowitz wrote. "In other words, we think the new iPhone 4 stands to increase adoption rates by new customers and also accelerate rates from existing customers. The new features, particularly the FaceTime video chat, will likely reassert the iPhone as the must-have device for users seeking advanced wireless handset connectivity solutions."

He said that some investors may be disappointed that Apple maintained the same $199/16GB and $299/32GB prices and did not decrease the average selling price of the iPhone, but he believes the advanced features in iPhone 4 offset that. He said it is the hardware itself and the App Store that sell the iPhone, not pricing.

Caris & Company

Analyst Robert Cihra said although Apple did not announce a Verizon-compatible CDMA phone on Monday, its inevitable announcement is a "when," not "if." The benefit from a stock perspective, he said, is that Apple continues to have a "back-pocket catalyst" which it will introduce one day.

He has raised his iPhone estimate for the June quarter to 8.7 million, up from 7.7 million. He noted that sales of 41 million iPhones in calendar year 2010 would give Apple just 17 percent of the smartphone market and 3 percent of the cell phone market, leaving plenty of room to grow.

Cihra also took the opportunity to increase his iPad estimates for the year, and now expects Apple to sell 11 million devices in calendar year 2010. That nearly doubles his previous estimate of 6 million for the year. Apple did not provide new iPad estimates on Monday, but instead reiterated that the device had sold 2 million in less than two months.

Caris & Company has raised its price target for Apple stock to $325, up from $310.

RBC

Mike Abramsky said iOS is more than just a renaming of its mobile operating system, it's a continued "assault" on "dominating personal computing."

"Apple now brings iOS's simplicity, user experience, iTunes integration, developer momentum and cross-platform across all future Apple mobile devices (expects to ship 100 million 'iOS devices' in June), gaining scale as smartphones/iPads outsell PCs," Abramsky wrote.

He said that Apple's closed system works to its advantage, allowing it to develop "super apps" like iMovie that take full advantage of Apple's vertical integration of hardware and software. He expects Apple to release more advanced applications on the App Store in the future.

RBC estimated that between 18 million and 20 million iPhone 2G and 3G owenrs are upgrade eligible, and a survey of 1,000 respondents found that 50 percent were "likely to upgrade." Abramsky said that equates to between 9 million and 10 million likely iPhone 4 sales based on upgrades alone.

Broadpoint AmTech

Analyst Brian Marshall said he was "thoroughly impressed" by the Steve Jobs keynote on Monday. But he noted there weren't any "material surprises," thanks in large part to a number of high-profile leaks prior to the Worldwide Developers Conference.

"Nonetheless, we walked away even more confident in our iPhone estimates (8.8mil, 40.0mil and 50.0mil for June '10, CY10 and CY11 respectively)," Marshall wrote. "In our view, we believe the potential is great for the gross margins on the iPhone 4 to exceed the margins on the iPhone 3GS due to higher levels of integration and cost downs of components."
post #2 of 43
It usually takes a day or two to shake the initial dissapointments that inevitably result after a major keynote... No 64GB option? No RAM increase? Underclocked A4? Only 5 MP? LOL! That is the downside of breathless anticipation and speculative hype.
Still, this already looks like a solid upgrade. I had not expected to be elegable for the best prices yet, so I hadn't really considered jumping in anytime soon (the 3GS is doing just fine) but this update does have me interested!
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
Progress is a comfortable disease
--e.e.c.
Reply
post #3 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Reiner also provided details on the new 5 megapixel camera in the iPhone, capable of recording 720p video. Citing checks with suppliers, he said the new module is "orders of magnitude more sophisticated than anything previously attempted in a smartphone."

I'd love to see some verification of this statement. Maybe a shoot-off with the Nokia N8 or the Sony Ericsson Satio?
post #4 of 43
Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?
post #5 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

I am!
post #6 of 43
I am as well
post #7 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

It usually takes a day or two to shake the initial dissapointments that inevitably result after a major keynote... No 64GB option? No RAM increase? Underclocked A4? Only 5 MP? LOL! That is the downside of breathless anticipation and speculative hype.
Still, this already looks like a solid upgrade. I had not expected to be elegable for the best prices yet, so I hadn't really considered jumping in anytime soon (the 3GS is doing just fine) but this update does have me interested!

Some people are sometimes just simply hard to be satisfied..
The longer the anticipation is, the more outrageous are the speculations, and the more we'll be disappointed..*
This got my interest; if the new iPhone 4 doesn't have all the mentioned new features (like Retina Display, gyroscope, FaceTime, etc.) and just physical form change with little hardware update such as A4 processor, will you still be interested making an upgrade from your current iPhone?

*Note: sorry if I didn't say it right..

PS. how do you say bagel? I used to say it like Britta (in the Community tv series, season 1 episode 17) do..
post #8 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

yuppers
post #9 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustag View Post

I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchriste View Post

I am as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamIIGS View Post

yuppers

Not I, 3Gs is just fine, really what is the rush, next June, iOS 5 blows the socks off of iOS 4 at the rate Apple is moving. Wasn't there a quote recently from someone at Apple that through the aggressive updates they would leave the competition in the dust?
post #10 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bageljoey View Post

Only 5 MP? LOL!

Digital cameras are in mass production for 10 years or so, but MOST people are still absolutely ignorant about their specifics... I'm sad...

iPhone's 5MP are WAY BETTER than the other smart phone's 8 MP. WAY WAY BETTER.

Because:

1. Individual pixels in the iPhone camera are HUGE compared to other smart phone's cameras. It's 1.75 micron - it's almost the same as in Canon's point-and-shoot cameras (but of coarse much smaller then in DSLRs, which have pixels of around 6-8 micron).

Larger pixels collect more light, and have much less noise.

2. Pixels are "back-illuminated". This means that there are no wires on top of the light-collecting surface. In the traditional front-illuminated sensor there are wires on top of the silicon - and the light does not go through metal wires. Back-illuminated sensors collect more light.

I'm very glad that Apple mentioned the pixel size in the keynote. I hope they keep mentioning and explaining it to the unwashed masses :-)
post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

I am. I actually can't wait. This upgrade is significant enough that all 3GS owners who are eligible should jump on it.
post #12 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Some people are sometimes just simply hard to be satisfied..
The longer the anticipation is, the more outrageous are the speculations, and the more we'll be disappointed..*
This got my interest; if the new iPhone 4 doesn't have all the mentioned new features (like Retina Display, gyroscope, FaceTime, etc.) and just physical form change with little hardware update such as A4 processor, will you still be interested making an upgrade from your current iPhone?

*Note: sorry if I didn't say it right..

PS. how do you say bagel? I used to say it like Britta (in the Community tv series, season 1 episode 17) do..

In that case then no.
post #13 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmarkle View Post

I am. I actually can't wait. This upgrade is significant enough that all 3GS owners who are eligible should jump on it.

I will, as soon as all the phones on my plan are eligible. (I think it's a bit of BS that phones on the same plan become eligible at different times, months apart.) The only question mark in my mind, which will not stop me from upgrading at all, is the casing.

It's glass, it's harder than plastic, but is it more impact resistant than plastic? Harder doesn't necessarily equate to better in all situations, and can also mean more brittle. I haven't seen anything that actually addresses this question.


EDIT: Hmm, "the same type of glass used in the windshields of helicopters and high-speed trains," which sounds pretty impact resistant.
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

No, I'm not ready to jump on this. I've waited two years to get rid of AT&T from my life. I was a Cingular subscriber before AT&T bought them. I would have left then, but the iPhone was announced shortly after. I'll hang tough with my 3G for another year if it means getting off AT&T in 1 year, rather than having to sign on for another 2 years. Of course, I haven't seen the iPhone 4 up close yet. There's always the chance that I'll be seduced...
post #15 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

If I can take a miniSIM out of a iPhone 4 and plug it into an iPad (and use my iPhone service), I'll be first in line:-).

If not, the next question I have is whether there is a miniSIM to regular SIM carrier/adapter so I can plug a miniSIM into an iPhone 3GS. AT&T's data plans for the iPad are so onerous that I'm willing to cheat on that one. Maybe if they gave 5GB for $30/month, I'd be willing to stay clean, but as we went through 1.5 GB in two weeks on our current iPad, I don't think that 2GB is enough and more than $30/mo is a bit much. Yeah, we're keeping the $30/mo plan on the iPad we currently have, but the big selling point was the "turn it on as you need it" which has turned into a "if you don't leave it on, you lose it" plan. I would upgrade to an iPhone 4 in a moment if I could take the SIM out and stick it in an iPad.
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post


If not, the next question I have is whether there is a miniSIM to regular SIM carrier/adapter so I can plug a miniSIM into an iPhone 3GS.

Is this what you're looking for?

http://microsim-shop.com/
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesTheLesser View Post

Is this what you're looking for?

http://microsim-shop.com/

Thanks, that would be what I'm looking for. I assume that the phone service would work between the two devices when you swap the sim, right?
post #18 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Thanks, that would be what I'm looking for. I assume that the phone service would work between the two devices when you swap the sim, right?

I haven't tried it myself yet - i ordered the adapter and its on its way.

I've heard pretty good results from people who have either activated the mini-SIM from the iPad in their iPhone or cut their iPhone sim down so it fits into the iPad.

However, there are some settings changes that need to be made in the iPad to get it to work (jailbreaking not necessary from what I understand).

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...hlight=sim+mod

I can't confirm this first hand though...although I hope to try it in the next week or so.

The website that I ordered the adapter from seems pretty legit, and they responded immediately to my order and even sent a follow-up email thanking me for the order. They're European based and the adapter is listed in Euros, but it translated to something like $7 American.

Good luck if you try it!
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

Yes... Waiting to preorder!

.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Thanks, that would be what I'm looking for. I assume that the phone service would work between the two devices when you swap the sim, right?

Oh, and obviously, when your iPhone activated sim is being used in the iPad for data, you can't take any calls or receive any text messages. Small price to pay to avoid yet another wireless fee, though.
post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Thanks, that would be what I'm looking for. I assume that the phone service would work between the two devices when you swap the sim, right?

I think the SIM is locked to the IMEI, so probably not.
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I think the SIM is locked to the IMEI, so probably not.

I've never heard of SIM locking before. I don't think it's even technically feasible to lock a SIM card to a specific IMEI. Well, not without completely breaking the specs.
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

I think the SIM is locked to the IMEI, so probably not.

As mentioned in the link I posted earlier, people have gotten it working.

The big unknown, though, is what AT&T will do, especially now that the iPhone 4 has a micro-sim making switching sims even easier.

Will they allow this, block it, or charge extra for the data? I'm gonna try it and see if I can get it working, but very moderate use at first so I don't get socked with a large bill if AT&T decides to play hardball.
post #24 of 43
I have a feeling the video chat feature will make this iphone a family plan favorite. Hell, even my parents are talking about getting one just from seeing it on the news last night. They even asked me if I wanted to buy one and put it on their plan. I'm still deciding.
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

I've never heard of SIM locking before. I don't think it's even technically feasible to lock a SIM card to a specific IMEI. Well, not without completely breaking the specs.

There was an article over on TUAW the other day about swapping a SIM card to a "new" iPhone 2G and they had to get the IMEI swapped for it to work without activating a new plan.

Edit, link: http://www.tuaw.com/2010/06/02/chang...-an-iphone-2g/
post #26 of 43
For growing adoption they need to address the plan cost not
just the data cost but the voice text cost

geeez WALMART has a phone
30 for 1k minutes and 1k text
45 unlimited every thing

I'm going to upgrade this fall winter I think they'll
be more competive plans and lower total cost
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
I APPLE THEREFORE I AM
Reply
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

I have a feeling the video chat feature will make this iphone a family plan favorite. Hell, even my parents are talking about getting one just from seeing it on the news last night. They even asked me if I wanted to buy one and put it on their plan. I'm still deciding.

You mean the 'FaceTime' feature right?
From what I read about the feature, it only works on WiFi not wireless radio. That's why Steve Jobs asked everybody at the keynote to turn off their laptop's WiFi, which most of them didn't..
Although he did, however, pointed out that they're still ironing it out with wireless carriers as the feature will become an open industry standard. It would be awesome to whip out your iPhone 4 anytime, click a friend who also has an iPhone 4, and boom it's 'FaceTime' time.. As simple as that, no hassle. That's how we like it, and that's how Apple rolls.. *fingers crossed*
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

Can't wait!
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Every analysts are pouring caramel syrup and whip cream with cherry on top over Apple's upcoming quarterly sales estimation, this definitely make lots of APPL stock holders happy..
But really, iPhone 3G/3GS owners, are you really going to upgrade to iPhone 4?

Well, lets see:

1. No more penalty to upgrade with AT&T
2. I can easily sell my primo 3Gs for the same price as a new iPhone 4

So, why the heck not?
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #30 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by beakernx01 View Post

No, I'm not ready to jump on this. I've waited two years to get rid of AT&T from my life. I was a Cingular subscriber before AT&T bought them. I would have left then, but the iPhone was announced shortly after. I'll hang tough with my 3G for another year if it means getting off AT&T in 1 year, rather than having to sign on for another 2 years. Of course, I haven't seen the iPhone 4 up close yet. There's always the chance that I'll be seduced...

Good for you..
But may I give you a little advice?
If you want to see the iPhone 4 up close and personal, don't do it at an Apple Store. Better yet, see it by borrowing one from a friend who have exhaustedly used it and have scratches everywhere on its surface, broken screen, cracks on the edges, etc. You get the picture..*
It's like they have put some kinda spell on every Apple Store, so whenever you walked in, there's this strange warm feeling coming out from nowhere that urges you to buy whatever on the display..*

*Note: these all are just jokes, sarcastic? Yes, they are.. So sorry if I didn't do it right.. I was just surprised with 'Psych_guy' response below, I don't want to give y'all the wrong impression and had to explain (which usually beats the use of sarcastic joke in the first place)..
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

Good for you..
But may I give you a little advice?
If you want to see the iPhone 4 up close and personal, don't do it at an Apple Store. Better yet, see it by borrowing one from a friend who have exhaustedly used it and have scratches everywhere on its surface, broken screen, cracks on the edges, etc. You get the picture..
It's like they have put some kinda spell on every Apple Store, so whenever you walked in, there's this strange warm feeling coming out from nowhere that urges you to buy whatever on the display..

Wow, dude. You're really hating on Apple today.

Why wouldn't you test drive something new. Presumably it'll be new when you buy it. Why hamper your business decision by trying it used? That makes no sense.

Just so you know, speaking to the qualityof the phone, I've had my 3G phone since day one and not one scratch, broken screen, blah, blah, blah.

Phone's in perfect shape. So if you want to try mine, please go ahead.

To answer your first smarmy question: I'll be at the Apple store on 6/24 to buy mine. I passed on the 3GS upgrade to get this one.
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

... It's like they have put some kinda spell on every Apple Store, so whenever you walked in, there's this strange warm feeling coming out from nowhere that urges you to buy whatever on the display..

Yeah, they should have made it like best buy where you tell your wife to wait in the parking lot with the engine running so you can get the hell out of there as fast as possible.
post #33 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post


To answer your first smarmy question: I'll be at the Apple store on 6/24 to buy mine. I passed on the 3GS upgrade to get this one.

I did the same, can't wait for this one. Also to note, 5 family members have done the same, and this phone is so nice my wife is looking over the cost of getting out of Verizon and into a new iPhone. Add one more, then to the mix for AT&T and Apple.

My only question mark is staying with the unlimited data plan or not. Right now, I average less than 200MB, but I've used over 1GB before. With all of the new features, possibly adding video emails and such over 3G, I can see myself using more than 2GB a month without much effort.

I'd really rather not worry about going over a cap, and I'm pretty sure AT&T will let you stay with your unlimited plan even while renewing the contract. The voice side dropped $10 a month as well, so it's still a savings. Anyone else doing the same?
post #34 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psych_guy View Post

Wow, dude. You're really hating on Apple today.

Why wouldn't you test drive something new. Presumably it'll be new when you buy it. Why hamper your business decision by trying it used? That makes no sense.

Just so you know, speaking to the qualityof the phone, I've had my 3G phone since day one and not one scratch, broken screen, blah, blah, blah.

Phone's in perfect shape. So if you want to try mine, please go ahead.

To answer your first smarmy question: I'll be at the Apple store on 6/24 to buy mine. I passed on the 3GS upgrade to get this one.

Wow dude, you misinterpret what I was saying..

I don't hate Apple, instead I love Apple because it is one of the most advancing and cutting-edge companies out there.
In fact, I truly believe Apple has set an example for its competitors in the industry, sets the bar high enough for others to look up for.
I like everything the company has made so far, including the iPhone 3GS which I own right now. It is by far an excellent phone I ever have.
If anyone come to me and ask for an advice to choose the best smartphone available on the market, I'll immediately recommend iPhone. And if the person ask where is the best place to try the device, I'll without doubt suggest Apple Store. So then, hence the sarcastic jokes I made on my posts.

Maybe I didn't say it all in the right way.. I was being sarcastic from the first post in this thread, but I was responding to 'beakernx01' post and I was just throwing jokes there. Maybe it's because English is not my main language, thus I'm not so fluent about it..

Sorry then..
post #35 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Yeah, they should have made it like best buy where you tell your wife to wait in the parking lot with the engine running so you can get the hell out of there as fast as possible.

LOL
That's really funny, is that how things happen at Best Buy?
I don't know cause there's no Best Buy in my country here..
post #36 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

LOL
That's really funny, is that how things happen at Best Buy?
I don't know cause there's no Best Buy in my country here..

Yes, that's how it is when you have to go into a Best Buy.
post #37 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilimanjaro View Post

LOL
That's really funny, is that how things happen at Best Buy?
I don't know cause there's no Best Buy in my country here..

The comparison between Best Buy and an Apple Store are like night and day. The Best Buy stores are huge, noisy, and the salespeople are often pushy even when they know nothing about the products they sell. Very unpleasant. And I've found that women do hate to go into Best Buy even more than men.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #38 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyde View Post

Yes, that's how it is when you have to go into a Best Buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

The comparison between Best Buy and an Apple Store are like night and day. The Best Buy stores are huge, noisy, and the salespeople are often pushy even when they know nothing about the products they sell. Very unpleasant. And I've found that women do hate to go into Best Buy even more than men.

These all are very revealing..!
Please, do tell me more about this..
post #39 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilogic View Post

Not I, 3Gs is just fine, really what is the rush, next June, iOS 5 blows the socks off of iOS 4 at the rate Apple is moving. Wasn't there a quote recently from someone at Apple that through the aggressive updates they would leave the competition in the dust?

Maybe you should wait another year until iOS 6 comes out. That would surely blow away iOS 5... You know... if you waited to the year after that, then you'd have iOS 7...
post #40 of 43
If you use this FaceTime thing, it sounds like you would want to be in the GB contract, not the 200MB one, no? Then again, it wouldn't matter on WiFi, but I'm guessing it would be lame under ATT's 3G system until LTE kicks in, but that's at least one more iPhone release down the road.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AAPL Investors
AppleInsider › Forums › Investors › AAPL Investors › Wall Street expects iPhone 4 to impress, boost sales for Apple