or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Primary Elections Reveal Force in American Politics

Primary Elections Reveal Force in American Politics

post #1 of 7
After numerous primary elections across America yesterday one of the strongest forces in politics today revealed itself to be... Sarah Palin! Almost everyone she backed won! Say what you will about Palin, her political support is paying off in the primaries! Conservative women too make a return to politics... Good!

Palin's backing pays off for pals
Politico
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38302.html
Some of Sarah Palin’s riskiest endorsements scored major victories Tuesday for the former Alaska governor, showing off her power in Republican primaries. Palin had four primary endorsements in play – Carly Fiorina, Nikki Haley, Terry Branstad and Cecile Bledsoe – and three won or moved on to a runoff.
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

After numerous primary elections across America yesterday one of the strongest forces in politics today revealed itself to be... Sarah Palin! Almost everyone she backed won! Say what you will about Palin, her political support is paying off in the primaries! Conservative women too make a return to politics... Good!

Politico
Some of Sarah Palins riskiest endorsements scored major victories Tuesday for the former Alaska governor, showing off her power in Republican primaries. Palin had four primary endorsements in play Carly Fiorina, Nikki Haley, Terry Branstad and Cecile Bledsoe and three won or moved on to a runoff.

Nah...it's just a load of winger men aren't - how shall we say? - that socially adjusted and as a consequence don't necessarily register so high on the Alpha-Male-SexGod-rumpy-pumpy Index.

A lot even live with their mothers.

So this surge and eruption for Palin (in all senses) can be seen as a sort of winger version of softcore. And then there's the domination/spanking angle too...

Same thing happened with Thatcher. Loads of inept males getting a hard-on. It's quite a harmless perversion really....goes back to the Cro-Magnon roots I think....
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #3 of 7
Quote:

Politico
Some of Sarah Palins riskiest endorsements scored major victories Tuesday for the former Alaska governor, showing off her power in Republican primaries. Palin had four primary endorsements in play Carly Fiorina, Nikki Haley, Terry Branstad and Cecile Bledsoe and three won or moved on to a runoff.

I really think it's less about her than the movement she happens to support. I'm not saying she had no impact, but she also knew when to stand up on the surfboard, so to speak. In general, the electorate is PISSED. There is a growing backlash against massive federal deficits, social-welfare spending, unfettered immigration, kickbacks/deal-making, and arrogance of a Congress that is spitting upon the will of the people. Add to this the oil spill, where Obama has looked at times incompetent, at times frustrated and at times like he doesn't care, and it's not hard to see why we have the political situation we do.

The real question will be how this translates in November. The GOP still has a long load to hoe to take control, but it does seem the winds are blowing their direction.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I really think it's less about her than the movement she happens to support. I'm not saying she had no impact, but she also knew when to stand up on the surfboard, so to speak. In general, the electorate is PISSED. There is a growing backlash against massive federal deficits, social-welfare spending, unfettered immigration, kickbacks/deal-making, and arrogance of a Congress that is spitting upon the will of the people. Add to this the oil spill, where Obama has looked at times incompetent, at times frustrated and at times like he doesn't care, and it's not hard to see why we have the political situation we do.

I concur regarding your comments about electorate but Palin's unique political power is real and tangible and America sees right through the left's condemnation of her. Sarah Palin has been mocked since McCain nominated her as VP in 2008 and her success and message resonates with America and within American politics.

Quote:

The real question will be how this translates in November. The GOP still has a long load to hoe to take control, but it does seem the winds are blowing their direction.

Agree again; but think about this... Almost every candidate that President Obama has supported and campaigned for has lost while almost every candidate that citizen Palin has supported and campaigned for has won. That right there is an amazing aspect of politics.
post #5 of 7
Quote:

I concur regarding your comments about electorate but Palin's unique political power is real and tangible and America sees right through the left's condemnation of her. Sarah Palin has been mocked since McCain nominated her as VP in 2008 and her success and message resonates with America and within American politics.

She certainly has become a national figure. Interestingly, Democratic candidates who lose typically go away. She seems to have actually gained influence.

Quote:

Agree again; but think about this... Almost every candidate that President Obama has supported and campaigned for has lost while almost every candidate that citizen Palin has supported and campaigned for has won. That right there is an amazing aspect of politics.

I know. I just don't know that it's because of her. It is fun though...watching Obama go 0-4 or whatever his record is. He recently came to Pittsburgh, and not one Democratic candidate in the area would appear with him.
post #6 of 7
Quote:

She certainly has become a national figure. Interestingly, Democratic candidates who lose typically go away. She seems to have actually gained influence.

Palin didn't lose anything though. Being VP isn't the same as being the top of the ticket.

Quote:
I know. I just don't know that it's because of her. It is fun though...watching Obama go 0-4 or whatever his record is. He recently came to Pittsburgh, and not one Democratic candidate in the area would appear with him.

He's a lot worse than 0-4 if you count all the people running against his wishes in Democratic primaries that he couldn't bribe with jobs to make them go away.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Palin didn't lose anything though. Being VP isn't the same as being the top of the ticket.

Indeed Palin has gained stature since the election while Obama has lost it. Even if Palin decides not to run in 2012 she has carved a niche in the party as an authoritative conservative and presumptive leader of the Tea Party movement. As the Democrat attacks on her have been disproved, most Americans are quite willing to accept her as a conservative woman and strong family advocate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

He's a lot worse than 0-4 if you count all the people running against his wishes in Democratic primaries that he couldn't bribe with jobs to make them go away.

As Obama progresses he steadily loses job approval and support of both parties. With the 2010 Congressional elections fast approaching not a single incumbent Democrat wants him to campaign for them - that's quite a bad reputation for any president to have in only his second year!!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Primary Elections Reveal Force in American Politics