or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Adobe releases Flash Player 10.1 for Mac
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Adobe releases Flash Player 10.1 for Mac - Page 7

post #241 of 265
now you guys are starting to go in circles again. Both of you said, "flash is dead", present tense, now.

Wrong.It isn't dead at all.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #242 of 265
I think that iPhone/iPad will thrive on "apps" not browsing the web in general. Farmville for one will produce an "app" while continuing the Flash website. Adobe could eventually come up with "app" building software that will have Flash-like visual tools so that I can code in Objective-C/Cocoa/XCode without memorizing a textbook. I don't have Actionscript 3 memorized but I love to develop with Flash Pro. I have to agree with Groovetube more than I want to but lets watch this over time. I am going to continue to build websites with judicious use of Flash. I will also keep up with HTML5/CCS3/Javascipt. Adobe will continue to respond positively to Apple in general in the near term. Just watch and see. I doubt anyone is continuing to read this thread but my opinion isn't very important anyway. I love developing with Adobe tools on an Apple computer.
post #243 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post

I think that iPhone/iPad will thrive on "apps" not browsing the web in general. Farmville for one will produce an "app" while continuing the Flash website. Adobe could eventually come up with "app" building software that will have Flash-like visual tools so that I can code in Objective-C/Cocoa/XCode without memorizing a textbook. I don't have Actionscript 3 memorized but I love to develop with Flash Pro. I have to agree with Groovetube more than I want to but lets watch this over time. I am going to continue to build websites with judicious use of Flash. I will also keep up with HTML5/CCS3/Javascipt. Adobe will continue to respond positively to Apple in general in the near term. Just watch and see. I doubt anyone is continuing to read this thread but my opinion isn't very important anyway. I love developing with Adobe tools on an Apple computer.

well put. I'm being judicious with flash, but then I've been so for a few years now. css and javascript have become far more capable and been used for things once done by flash, and unknown to these characters, that's been happening for some time now before this whole html5 brewha ha started happening, and then the frantic neurosis.

At the end of the day, devs will use the platforms they like, can do what their clients want efficiently, and make money. Pretty simple.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #244 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

oh, now you're back tracking. I thought you said flash -was dead-. Now, you're saying more and more users are using flash less. No numbers to support anything, just a bunch nonsense ranting. ...

One of us is going in circles and pretending that large parts of this thread don't exist, but it's not me. You may review comments on "flash is dead" on preceding pages. I suppose you can call it "nonsense ranting" if you wish to pretend that Flash blockers don't exist, and that no one uses them.
post #245 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

One of us is going in circles and pretending that large parts of this thread don't exist, but it's not me. You may review comments on "flash is dead" on preceding pages. I suppose you can call it "nonsense ranting" if you wish to pretend that Flash blockers don't exist, and that no one uses them.

did I pretend flash blockers don't exist?

Round and round she goes. Keep going in circles!
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #246 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

did I pretend flash blockers don't exist?...

Yes, you certainly did seem to imply that they didn't or weren't really used.
post #247 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Yes, you certainly did seem to imply that they didn't or weren't really used.

where.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #248 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

where.

In previous comments.
post #249 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

In previous comments.

No I didn't.

Keep going around in circles.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #250 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

No I didn't.

Keep going around in circles.

OK, so you admit that they exist and are widely used. Now we're getting somewhere.
post #251 of 265
I said they exist, and a minority of surfers use them.

Is this really too difficult? Man. What a waste of time. When we can discuss something with less BS, let me know. But this is just nowhereville at this point.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #252 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

IWhat a waste of time. When we can discuss something with less BS

Agreed. I just need to look for threads that you're not participating in since most of the BS comes from you.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #253 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Agreed. I just need to look for threads that you're not participating in since most of the BS comes from you.

if you had the ability to disprove what I said, you haven't shown it. Ever. Nothing but yammering and hyperbole from you.

A bunch of kids shrieking "adobe shill!'. Intelligent stuff!
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #254 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

Not to mention100 million iDevices that won't use Flash - and about half a billion smart phones from other vendors. And the number of smart phones is growing much faster than the number of desktop computers - so Flash's penetration is declining -- even if you ignore the people who have stopped using it on their desktops.

Having said that I purchased a 64gb 3g Ipad this weekend, as I wanted something portable, I work as a photographer, and use a desktop machine for the screen size, for photoshop. I am not a fan of laptops and thought this would be the perfect answer for surfing the web, checking email without being stuck at my desk.

I was utterly dissapointed to find how much flash is intergrated into the web, I can not book flights, purchase product online from my vendors, a huge part of what I and I expect a vast majority access the web for, it makes the Ipad virtually usless to me, my Iphone can do more in many ways, I was ready to move my studio over to Mac entirely I am now rethinking the move,Keeping the hardware and operating sytems the same across all machines, I don't want to keep a pc around to surf the web and will be returning the Ipad.

I wonder how many other average consumers will do the same when they find how usless the device is for the web, as far as the hardware I am bummed it seemed like such a perfect fit.
post #255 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac23456 View Post

Having said that I purchased a 64gb 3g Ipad this weekend ... I was utterly dissapointed to find how much flash is intergrated into the web ... I am now rethinking the move, and will be returning the Ipad.

I wonder how many other average consumers will do the same when the find how usless the device is for the web ...

Not many.

I guess you were the last person out there to find out that there's no Flash on iOS? Just out of cryogen?

What will happen is that businesses -- i.e., the executives at these companies, who don't give a damn about Flash -- will start forcing their development teams to make accessible sites so they don't lose revenue by missing out on a highly desirable demographic. If you think it was bad for you, it's even worse for them.
post #256 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Not many.

I guess you were the last person out there to find out that there's no Flash on iOS? Just out of cryogen?

What will happen is that businesses -- i.e., the executives at these companies, who don't give a damn about Flash -- will start forcing their development teams to make accessible sites so they don't lose revenue by missing out on a highly desirable demographic. If you think it was bad for you, it's even worse for them.

it appears someone, has never worked in the industry.

What is happening, are some companies, who feel they can justify the costs, are developing apps. Not many are completely rebuilding their sites.

Though when/if they do, mucho $$$ for us.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #257 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

... What is happening, are some companies, who feel they can justify the costs, are developing apps. Not many are completely rebuilding their sites. ...

While that can be a good strategy for reaching iPhone users, unless you need to build in rights management or plan to offer something different from what your website offers, it's really not the best strategy for tablets, such as the iPad. Websites work just fine on the iPad, which doesn't have the size constraints of a phone, and it adds an unnecessary layer and level of complication to your development efforts to develop an iPad app just to avoid not being accessible because you are using Flash. Much wiser to just build the website without Flash dependencies.
post #258 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Much wiser to just build the website without Flash dependencies.

you simply cannot make blanket statements like this. Sounds good, in theory, perhaps, but this is why I know you know very little of the industry.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #259 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac23456 View Post

I was utterly dissapointed to find how much flash is intergrated into the web, I can not book flights, purchase product online from my vendors, a huge part of what I and I expect a vast majority access the web for, it makes the Ipad virtually usless to me, my Iphone can do more in many ways, I was ready to move my studio over to Mac entirely I am now rethinking the move,Keeping the hardware and operating sytems the same across all machines, I don't want to keep a pc around to surf the web and will be returning the Ipad..

Really?

I have no problem booking flights. What is your problem? Why are you limiting yourself to the single Flash-driven site when almost all of the sites operated by airlines do NOT use Flash?

Purchase product information? I do it all the time. What product information can't you get via the Internet?

Your phone can do more than the iPad? Please be specific. Unless your phone is one of the 0.1% of new phones with Android 2.2 and Flash 10.1, then you can't run Flash on your phone, either - yet your phone suffers from a great number of limitations compared to the iPad.

Sounds like a troll.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #260 of 265
"mac23456"

LOL.

What was your first clue?
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #261 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

you simply cannot make blanket statements like this. Sounds good, in theory, perhaps, but this is why I know you know very little of the industry.

Sounds good, in theory, perhaps, but this is why I know you know very little.
post #262 of 265
well we've gone from running around in circles, to now you're playing the game of a 5 year old.

I can see why more meaningful chats here on this are, rare.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #263 of 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groovetube View Post

now you guys are starting to go in circles again. Both of you said, "flash is dead", present tense, now.

Wrong.It isn't dead at all.

More like the undead thing that will not freaking die--sort of like the Apple II in the late 1980s and early 90s.
post #264 of 265
<sniff>


<sniff>


Do I detect the pattern of an alias?
.
Reply
.
Reply
post #265 of 265
Does anyone else have the problem where Flash videos stutter in full screen at like 15 fps? I think it might be 10.6.4 or specific to my 2010 MBP though...
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
Reply
"Overpopulation and climate change are serious shit." Gilsch
"I was really curious how they had managed such fine granularity of alienation." addabox
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac Software
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac Software › Adobe releases Flash Player 10.1 for Mac