or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Saudi gives Israel clear skies to attack Iran

Saudi gives Israel clear skies to attack Iran

post #1 of 9
Ok, first - let's get this out of the way: what total hypocritical brown-nosing scum Saudi is.

Quote:
Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Irans nuclear facilities, The Times can reveal.

Times Newspaper

The major reason for this is to play into the anti-Shi'i agenda which is part of the Saudi/Wahabi plan for domination of the ISlamic World. No surprise. Someone, somewhere is going to have to take Saudi down but that time is not yet.

Main point: I would say this means that an attack is imminent with certain kangaroo-caveats that are set up to make the sheep be able to argue 'We gave Iran every chance' but which in reality are impossible to fulfill Iraq-stylee and hence a fait accompli.

Personally my views is that it is - and always has been - irrelevant whether Iran is making nuclear weapons and thus this thread is not for a discussion of that (please don't go there). Rather the contention is that it has always been inevitable that Iran must be attacked and neutralized and the nuclear weapons issue is the peg to hang on it on.

So, given an attack on the alleged 'nuclear facilities' (ie Teheran a city of 8 million people) what is the likely Iranian reaction? Clearly the potential for wider conflict is immense.

The key I think here though is the Saudis - what most people do not realize (because the media will not tell them) is that Saudi is responsible (directly or indirectly) for the vast majority of Islamist activity over the last decades and this action will bring them further into the firing lines.

If you look at it objectively, with the exception of Hamas which can be regarded as a local grouping, Islamism in general does not in fact target Israel but targets other Islamic opponents and their Western allies. This I think is pragmatism and don't think it will change here unless Israel loses jets or personnel in the initial raids.

Reprisals wil be against Saudi and the US and essentially this initial action will start a war - thoughts?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #2 of 9
You mean it will start a stated actual war as opposed to the unstated ongoing war that has been going on for almost a decade now?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You mean it will start a stated actual war as opposed to the unstated ongoing war that has been going on for almost a decade now?

I don't count the US sponsored assassination squads, fake terror groups targeting civilians, actual support of created terror groups and general black-ops no...I do mean a real war...sorry...should have made that clearer.
post #4 of 9
At least Saudi Arabia has enough common sense to know a nuclear Iran would be threat to themselves and the entire region. It is quite telling a country as anti-Israel as Saudi Arabia is would essentially give Israel a pass to bomb their Muslim 'brothers.'
Of course the Iran apologists, anti-Americans and Jew haters are in an uproar.
post #5 of 9
Honestly, sego..I don't think it means anything is imminent. I think it may very well be Israel leaking info so that it sends a message to Iran.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Honestly, sego..I don't think it means anything is imminent. I think it may very well be Israel leaking info so that it sends a message to Iran.

I think you're probably right but these Saudis are still scumbags.

I don't see how an alliance with them can work long-term for the US. Israel yes, as their ideologies are similar but the Saudi alliance has to turn round and bite them at some point no?

Maybe it already has but pragmatism dictates that the game must go on.
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I think you're probably right but these Saudis are still scumbags.

I don't see how an alliance with them can work long-term for the US. Israel yes, as their ideologies are similar but the Saudi alliance has to turn round and bite them at some point no?

Maybe it already has but pragmatism dictates that the game must go on.

I just see it as a "the enemy of my enemy" thing. Israel may well strike if they think that Iran is about to get a nuclear weapon. Interestingly though, I think Obama may be making such an attack more likely. Specifically, if Israel feels that the US won't have its back during a conflict, they may decide to pre-empt. What are your thoughts on that?
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

I just see it as a "the enemy of my enemy" thing. Israel may well strike if they think that Iran is about to get a nuclear weapon. Interestingly though, I think Obama may be making such an attack more likely. Specifically, if Israel feels that the US won't have its back during a conflict, they may decide to pre-empt. What are your thoughts on that?

I think you're on to something....Israel only needed to go to Saudi if the US did not allow flights over Iraq so assuming this is the first option it looks like Obama may have vetoed that which would tie into what you say.

If that's the case then I suppose if Israel don't feel the US will do anything then they would but I've always thought they would do it unilaterally whatever anyway.

You know my thoughts on Bush but one thing I would say is this; I obviously did not agree with his actions but I think they were 'professional' in some way. I mean he made decisions, or his team did, and they carried them through - obviously making mistakes but that's not the point.

Obama I don't think is a President the US would want in the hot seat if a Middle East conflagration kicks off.

The image of the 'Statesman' is just that - an image and I don't think he has either of the two qualities that would be needed: ie diplomacy/peacemaker or strong leader. If it comes to a Kennedy/Kruschev moment then I don't think he has anywhere near what it takes and we should all probably be worried.

I guess I'm saying that in such a situation he will be exposed as lacking leadership qualities.

Hopefully it won't come to anything.
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I think you're on to something....Israel only needed to go to Saudi if the US did not allow flights over Iraq so assuming this is the first option it looks like Obama may have vetoed that which would tie into what you say.

I think that would depend where they are attacking. Looking at the map, it appears that their primary nuclear sites are in the North/West part of the country. Only the Bushehr site (ironic, I suppose!) is more southern. Of course, perhaps there is some strategic reason they might go after, say, Natanz from the South...going through Saudi Arabia and flying over the gulf.

Quote:

If that's the case then I suppose if Israel don't feel the US will do anything then they would but I've always thought they would do it unilaterally whatever anyway.

I don't think history bears that out. They might do it unilaterally, but the US has restrained them before. Take the Gulf War. Israel wanted to absolutely level Iraq once it was hit with scuds, but we restrained them. I believe we also restrained them in the early part of the Bush Administration.

Quote:

You know my thoughts on Bush but one thing I would say is this; I obviously did not agree with his actions but I think they were 'professional' in some way. I mean he made decisions, or his team did, and they carried them through - obviously making mistakes but that's not the point.

Obama I don't think is a President the US would want in the hot seat if a Middle East conflagration kicks off.

The image of the 'Statesman' is just that - an image and I don't think he has either of the two qualities that would be needed: ie diplomacy/peacemaker or strong leader. If it comes to a Kennedy/Kruschev moment then I don't think he has anywhere near what it takes and we should all probably be worried.

I guess I'm saying that in such a situation he will be exposed as lacking leadership qualities.

Hopefully it won't come to anything.

I completely agree with this, even though we have different opinions on Bush. Obama has failed at diplomacy, and is certainly not a strong leader. He's also exceptionally naive, which is not going to be good if a major armed conflict breaks out. He doesn't seem to understand that if Israel feels secure, it's less likely they are going to attack. Instead, I have a feeling he's going to let them "hang out there," wondering what will happen with Iran and its nuke program. If we've learned one thing about Israel in the last 50 years, it's that they are not going to tolerate what they see as existential threats (whether those threats are real or not--I realize we don't agree on that wrt Iran). After they finally do something militarily, Obama will flip out and do his Daddy Will Mediate routine....all the while not understanding his role in it to begin with.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Saudi gives Israel clear skies to attack Iran