Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum
.Overriding Goal: This is a Pre-Order, Stupid... Take the order!
Ask the following questions
1) Do you have an existing Apple Online Store Account?
2) Do you want to purchase a new phone/line for an existing Carrier Account?
3) Do you have an existing iPhone/line that you want to upgrade?
4) Is this a new iPhone Carrier Account?
5) What is your existing iPhone number, if any?
6) What is your zip code?
7) What are the last 4 digits of your SSI number?
Require Apple Store Account setup or login, if necessary
Present pricing options for the 2 phones and subsidy options-- the buyer, likely, knows for what price he is qualified.
Present this all on a single page
Once data has been entered, Never require the buyer to enter it again!
-- don't clear the fields
-- repopulate the data after sending form
Explain to the buyer that:
1) This is a Pre-Order
2) Apple will book the order before validating eligibility/price/subsidy with the carrier
3) Apple will acknowledge the booked order immediately.
4) After booking, Apple will validate eligibility/price/subsidy with the carrier
5) After validation, within 24 hours, Apple will send you an Order Acknowledgement with specifics of eligibility/price/subsidy
6) You will have the option to accept the order, or modify it.This is a Pre-Order, Stupid... Take the order (and capture all the info).