or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases retail store application in App Store

Apple releases retail store application in App Store

post #1 of 24
Apple on Tuesday released a new retail store application for the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, allowing customers to find local stores, purchase products, read customer reviews and more.

The free application (iTunes link) also allows customers to stay up to date with in-store events, and make appointments for Personal Shopping, Genius Bar or One to One.

Customers can also reserve the new iPhone 4 directly from their current iPhone, and don't even need to enter their AT&T account information. Version 1.0 of the Apple Store application requires an iPhone, iPod touch or iPad running iOS 3.0 or later. It is available in English and is a 1.6MB download.

The full list of features of the new application, according to Apple, are:

See new and featured products from Apple.
Shop the full selection of products available from the Apple Online Store.
Find the latest accessories and software.
Read customer reviews and get answers to product questions.
Buy or reserve a new iPhone with just a few taps.
Locate any Apple Retail Store in the world, instantly.
Make Personal Shopping, Genius Bar, and One to One appointments.

AppleInsider reported on the application on Monday, after two retail employees who were briefed on the matter shared details. Rumors of a concierge application for Apple's retail stores first surfaced last November.

post #2 of 24
Doesn't look it there is a native iPad version.
post #3 of 24
Not yet available in the UK iTunes store.
post #4 of 24
Just says "We'll be back soon." For me. :/
Macbook 2.2GHz (2007)
Mac Mini - 2.4 Ghz (2010)
Macbook 2.2GHz (2007)
Mac Mini - 2.4 Ghz (2010)
post #5 of 24
The app keeps crashing on my iPad ;-(
post #6 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by zindako View Post

The app keeps crashing on my iPad ;-(

Beyond that, the Apple Store is getting slammed by iPhone 4 buyers.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #7 of 24
It seems like ATT is once again the weak link in the order process. I try to order a phone and it keeps stalling when trying to process my ATT info. The app often crashes. I can't get past the ATT info screen. It won't work on the Apple Store Website as well.
post #8 of 24
Just keeps crashing after it says "processing".
post #9 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

Just keeps crashing after it says "processing".

Same here
bb
bb
post #10 of 24
it looks almost 100% on the iPad in full resolution love using Fullforce (jailbreak app, runs iPhone apps in full screen mode).

Very nice!
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
post #11 of 24
I was asking for this app a year ago. It's handy.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #12 of 24
App crashes moment I try pre-ordering the iPhone. Poor servers are just buckling under the strain! I'm taking it in stride. I suppose every company would love to have this problem.

Santa's workshop is working overtime on this.
post #13 of 24
US only, for now.
post #14 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by sflocal View Post

App crashes moment I try pre-ordering the iPhone. Poor servers are just buckling under the strain!

Poor servers don't crash apps. It's a bug.
post #15 of 24
crashes here too every time I try and reserve or order an iPhone...

What's up with that, not am Applesque kind of thing
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Poor servers don't crash apps. It's a bug.

Very localized bug... I haven't ordered (or pre-ordered) anything else from the app but the rest of the app seems to be working fine. I agree with you. I just wonder if there is some kind of time-out issue due to the server overload that is not being trapped by the app.

I bet today is not a good day to be an Apple back-end systems engineer. \
post #17 of 24
I have tried ATT, Apple and the Store App and I cannot get past the processing stage.
post #18 of 24
I love how the app crashes when I try to order my iPhone 4.
post #19 of 24
Please note in your article this app is only available in the U.S.
post #20 of 24
It doesn't seem to me that this is a 'retail' centric application. Sure, you can find stores and sign up for services, but this app is much more. This is THE app that we've been waiting on to browse and purchase Apple products from an app, not the web. This IS the ONLINE Apple Store, not retail centric by any means.

The app icon is... err... less than I expected.
post #21 of 24
This morning this crashed if I tried to order an iPhone 4. I tried the app again about an hour ago and it worked without a problem. I upgraded to an iPhone 4 (to be picked up) in less than a minute.
post #22 of 24
I was able to reserve one now but haven't gone thru the eligibility check because of the server.
post #23 of 24
Kinda ironic in a sense, an Apple Store inside the Apple's App Store.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

HP Omni 100-5100z, 500GB HDD, 4GB RAM; ASUS Transformer, 16GB, Android 4.0 ICS
Although I no longer own Apple products like I did before, I'll continue to post my opinions.

post #24 of 24
This is the site I use to get ibooks on my ipad.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple releases retail store application in App Store