Originally Posted by JustReelFilms
Mac Mini + iPad + Jaadu VNC = Remote display touchscreen. No need for wireless keyboard and mouse.
Add in plexapp or boxee and Airvideo for iPad = ultimate entertainment experience.
That's exactly what I did, but logmein rather than Jaadu. Either way, the iPad works for 90% of what I do when on the road, but when I need the other 10%, I just log into my Mini server.
Originally Posted by casey4147
The one thing about the price increase that I don't understand is, why isn't the Server model an additional $100 more?
It's not. The previous server price was also $999. Given that it comes with unlimited client licenses, that's a very attractive price.
Originally Posted by nvidia2008
Call me a troll, but sorry to say the design and engineering is brilliant but the component and assembly quality is significantly poorer compared to Macs from 3 to 6 years ago.
Sure, some will want me to quote "facts" and "statistics", but, well, truth will out.
IOW, your mind is made up, don't confuse you with the facts.
Originally Posted by Cory Bauer
And if the iPad wasn't a slave device that requires a computer, that would be a very viable solution.
The iPad doesn't require a computer for everyone. Some people would get by just fine with an iPad alone. The Apple store will set it up for them.
Originally Posted by universeman
Who wants to own a movie when they're all available for streaming? One day. I have never understood why people would want to have racks of plastic discs in their living rooms.
I agree in principle, but only if all movies were available by streaming. Netflix brags a lot about their streaming, but it's actually relatively few movies that are available that way.