or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Hacker involved in iPad security breach arrested on felony drug charges
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hacker involved in iPad security breach arrested on felony drug charges - Page 2

post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JupiterOne View Post

OMG! He's a hobbit!

Even more oddly, the address listed in the booking is for an attorney in Arkansas.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn_Its_Hot View Post

I think it is a real shame that someone with his apparent technical skills is so far off the mark in other parts of his life. It would have been great for him to have used his talents to a better, more constructive purpose.

You could be talking about the Unabomber as well. Or even Bobby Fischer, who went nuts with paranoia about Jews.
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlux View Post

It's a shame to have 'goatse' associated with an asshole like that.

Any kind of interest in Goatse is a strong indicator of juvenile idiocy. Goatse is the ultimate poo-poo joke, and most people grow out of poo-poo jokes around age 12.
post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

... I've read about 3 different articles on this. All 3 say the same thing: Arrested on felony drug charges.

Why wasn't he being arrested for hacking?

...

Had the drugs not been present, would he had been arrested for hacking?

They got a warrant to search his house for evidence related to hacking. Clearly, evidence of hacking is something that they have to go through his "property" (computers, written notes, etc.) to find, so if they hadn't found anything else, no, he would probably not have been arrested on the spot because they wouldn't have had the time to go through everything and discover evidence of hacking. They'll charge him with that later after they sift through the computers and notes. But, since he had illegal drugs lying around the house, he was arrested on that charge, on the spot. It's pretty simple really.

Quote:
Just ask yourself that question, then ask yourself if the government even has the right to tell you what you can and can't put in your body. It wasn't a drug trafficking charge, it was a possession charge.

Well, if you don't think the government has this right, then do something to get the law changed. As it stands it's illegal, so, possessing illegal drugs makes you subject to arrest. Again, very simple.


Personally, I think the whole "War on Drugs" is a waste of time, money, and lives, and keeping drugs illegal just serves to enrich those who produce and distribute them, as well as those who profit from law enforcement and detention activities in a system where drug law enforcement consumes vast resources. But, until our country comes to its senses and changes the laws, it's still illegal to possess them.
post #45 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalex View Post

This guy left no asshole stone unturned. At least he's thorough. \

Drug users aren't assholes by definition, neither are hackers. Very, very few people don't use drugs of some kind in their daily lives.

Drug addiction is sad, but also not an entry card to the world of asshole-dom per se.

His only true a-hole card is the bigotry. There are no "non-asshole bigots."
post #46 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme View Post

Corporations do often run things, and are often above the law. Thats a pretty important issue to be aware of and not just accept.

But crazy conspiracy theories arent neededthat just fosters the ignorant view that only a commie or a loony would criticize a corporation. Reality is scary enough without making things up.

Maybe this guy was busted for illegal drugs because he, you know, had illegal drugs As opposed to some master conspiracy involving tons of officers and investigators, all keeping the secret together (and yet somehow being caught by anonymous forum goers). And the forces of darkness traveled back in time to plant the other red flags toonice!



+1.

I was also under the impression that the police had a warrant for this fella from the hacking deal and THEN they found the drugs as a bonus.
post #47 of 88

-Drr


Edited by connector - 4/30/12 at 10:16pm
post #48 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

One of the examples I was going to mention. At least Mitnick wasn't a complete nutter.



Seems like a case of the avenging angel syndrome. Of course we're overlooking the very real possibility that he was set up, that the drugs were planted in his home, and he never posted those hateful podcasts.

Oh yeah, sure. He was "SET UP"...do you realize how big an idiot you look like now thinking that BS?
post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by connector View Post

At some point in ones life it is exciting to trip balls, but unfortunately it always leads to a feedback loop of irrational paranoia. What a great publicity stunt to start your new anti-blog ya pungent orifice. Time to get clean and real Weev!

Umm, for your information AT&T flies are attracted to fecal matter.

More likely that he'll simply delude himself that the stench is an aromatic and honorable salvation.
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #50 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

One of the examples I was going to mention. At least Mitnick wasn't a complete nutter.



Seems like a case of the avenging angel syndrome. Of course we're overlooking the very real possibility that he was set up, that the drugs were planted in his home, and he never posted those hateful podcasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

The FBI this week arrested one man who claimed to be involved in the iPad 3G security breach on felony drug charges. Since then, his free podcasts available on iTunes featuring derogatory comments about Jewish people and the media have gained attention.

Andrew Auernheimer, 24, was arrested after a search warrant from the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation was executed on his Arkansas home, CNet reported. Authorities said they discovered cocaine, LSD, ecstasy, and schedule 2 and 3 pharmaceuticals at the home of the hacker, who goes by the handle "Weev" and is a resident of Fayetteville, Ark.

"Auernheimer is a key member of the Goatse Security group that discovered the security weakness in an AT&T Web site for iPad users last week," the report said. "AT&T criticized the hackers for disclosing the flaw, but Auernheimer told CNET that his group waited until AT&T had fixed the problem before going public and did so to help consumers protect themselves."

The FBI announced last week that it was investigating the security breach that exposed the e-mail addresses of at least 114,000 iPad 3G users on the AT&T network in the U.S. The information was obtained by hackers who exploited a security flaw on AT&T's Web servers.

As noted by Edible Apple, the hacker "Weev" has hosted a video podcast entitled "The iProphet's Sunday Morning Sermons." Referring to himself as "the iProphet Weevlos," he delved into "topics related to true Christians today."

Andrew Auernheimer's booking photo, via the Washington County Detention Center.

The first episode, entitled "on dead celebrities," was released on July 2, 2009. The host begins the show by taking satisfaction that "God is destroying the celebrities, the prized celebrities of the media Jews, to express his dissatisfaction." He goes on to mention the deaths of Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson, and describe the celebrities in explicit and derogatory terms.

Another podcast released on May 12, 2009, is entitled "JESUS WAS NOT A JEW." In the episode, the host, who is called "Andrew" by someone off-screen, speaks into a webcam while holding a gun. "It helps me think," he tells someone else in the room. He goes on to say that the "whole thing" of Judaism is to pay a few "coins" to be "washed away of your daily sins."

Law enforcement officials in Vancouver, Canada, said last year they believed that Auernheimer was involved in threats to a Jewish community. Authorities reportedly warned Auernheimer not to go near any Jewish congregation. He responded by claiming he "has no violent intentions."

Auernheimer was also featured in a 2008 piece on Internet "trolls." In the piece, he was referred to only by his pseudonym, Weev.

"I want everyone off the Internet," Weev was quoted as saying. "Bloggers are filth. They need to be destroyed. Blogging gives the illusion of participation to a bunch of retards... We need to put these people in the oven!"

Probably the biggest douche of a greasy loser we'll ever see. I hope they hang him by his nutsack....
post #51 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

Quote:
Of course we're overlooking the very real possibility that he was set up, that the drugs were planted in his home, and he never posted those hateful podcasts.

Oh yeah, sure. He was "SET UP"...do you realize how big an idiot you look like now thinking that BS?

I hope you ducked when that one flew right over your head.
post #52 of 88
The conspirators must have shot him up right before booking because that dude is stoned and happy about it.
Hard-Core.
Reply
Hard-Core.
Reply
post #53 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

Oh yeah, sure. He was "SET UP"...do you realize how big an idiot you look like now thinking that BS?

Sorry you missed the sarcasm. I thought I'd left it in plain sight.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #54 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Really? You think that's some sort of amazing point to make as a reply to what I said?

Had the drugs not been present, would he had been arrested for hacking? Just ask yourself that question, then ask yourself if the government even has the right to tell you what you can and can't put in your body. It wasn't a drug trafficking charge, it was a possession charge.

The point EVERYONE was trying to make to you is your trying to pull out some bullshit consperacy theory, when the simple fact is the guy is a criminal.

Making garbage arguments like the one you presented is the kind of crap that gets people like this off the hook, then everyone wonders why they aren't already in jail when he goes out and kills a Jew.

This article is on AI because it happens to involve the AT&T hack by COINCEDENCE, as it seems like that was their "in" to getting to this guy. I gaurentee you that is a minor concern to the police in relation to this retard.. this guy is involved in hate crimes, violent threats, and is now guilty of drug possesion (Which is STILL a crime, and unless he is cooking it all himself, he had to buy it from someone which makes him part of the trafficing process). My point was that a crime is a crime. Who gives a crap which one they picked him up for. Whatever route they take to lock him up is fine by me.

I understand you seemingly over reacted on your original comment, and you came off alot more intelligent on your follow ups, but do you really want this guy on the streets..
post #55 of 88
I love that he lived on "Shady" Ave.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #56 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I love that he lived on "Shady" Ave.

Probably because they didn't have a Stoner Street or Anti-Semite Avenue.

BTW, still wondering how that address comes up as the office of an attorney. Not even the same last name.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #57 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashann View Post

i am from Fayetteville AR and were not all crazy but that guy is psycho

And there are plenty there though...mind you he also looks like the computer lab sysyadmin we had

Ah the days we had in Fayettenam...
post #58 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

...

I understand you seemingly over reacted on your original comment, and you came off alot more intelligent on your follow ups, but do you really want this guy on the streets..

According to the booking report, he was released 6/17/2010 at 11:33 after posting bonds totaling $3160.
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #59 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Drug users aren't assholes by definition, neither are hackers. Very, very few people don't use drugs of some kind in their daily lives.

Drug addiction is sad, but also not an entry card to the world of asshole-dom per se.

His only true a-hole card is the bigotry. There are no "non-asshole bigots."

I'll happily give you your point about the drugs. Don't really know enough about hackers, but they sure seems to make a lot people's lives worse. I am truly happy to be better informed on that front.

Most importantly, I would really hope that level of Anti-Semitism is enough to get some agreement from people here about his asshole status. That I will not back down from. Quite the opposite.
post #60 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisEMayle View Post

According to the booking report, he was released 6/17/2010 at 11:33 after posting bonds totaling $3160.

Uggh.
post #61 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Surprisingly, no, not much. A lot of these so-called security professionals are "reformed" hackers. A pretty weird bunch, though I don't suppose most of them are nearly as bizarre as this individual.

Thats funny...I am a data security professional and have never done any hacking....
I work with a large number of security people and only one of them was a "hacker" of any sort. Most of them are clean cut polo shirt and khacki pants types......and we work for a fortune 100 company. Now the anti-virus guys are the ones that have the beards and tatoos! :-)

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #62 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattalex View Post

Most importantly, I would really hope that level of Anti-Semitism is enough to get some agreement from people here about his asshole status. That I will not back down from. Quite the opposite.


The guy is clearly extremely conflicted. I could never have imagined such a strange combination of oxymorons. Anti-semite Christian? Hacking/Spammer Security Professional? LSD Hippie Redneck?

He is some piece of work. Speaking of work, did it say anywhere if he had a job?

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #63 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Thats funny...I am a data security professional and have never done any hacking....
I work with a large number of security people and only one of them was a "hacker" of any sort. Most of them are clean cut polo shirt and khacki pants types......and we work for a fortune 100 company. Now the anti-virus guys are the ones that have the beards and tatoos! :-)

Well okay, some. A few?
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #64 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Well okay, some. A few?

But then you might have a point...what is normal to you might be abby normal to me! :-)

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #65 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

They got a warrant to search his house for evidence related to hacking. Clearly, evidence of hacking is something that they have to go through his "property" (computers, written notes, etc.) to find, so if they hadn't found anything else, no, he would probably not have been arrested on the spot because they wouldn't have had the time to go through everything and discover evidence of hacking. They'll charge him with that later after they sift through the computers and notes. But, since he had illegal drugs lying around the house, he was arrested on that charge, on the spot. It's pretty simple really.



Well, if you don't think the government has this right, then do something to get the law changed. As it stands it's illegal, so, possessing illegal drugs makes you subject to arrest. Again, very simple.


Personally, I think the whole "War on Drugs" is a waste of time, money, and lives, and keeping drugs illegal just serves to enrich those who produce and distribute them, as well as those who profit from law enforcement and detention activities in a system where drug law enforcement consumes vast resources. But, until our country comes to its senses and changes the laws, it's still illegal to possess them.

Ok so the warrant DID involve the hacking stuff. That's all I was confused about.

I have heard of situations where someone gets arrested because a cop responds to a noise disturbance, then sees a glass pipe sitting on a coffee table. Here, I thought they went to his house strictly on the charge of possession of drugs (like using that as an excuse to go through his stuff) and then building the hacking charge off that, which I think smells a little rotten.

(BTW, I share your views on the war on drugs which is why I'm admittedly a Ron Paul sheep )
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

The point EVERYONE was trying to make to you is your trying to pull out some bullshit consperacy theory, when the simple fact is the guy is a criminal.

Making garbage arguments like the one you presented is the kind of crap that gets people like this off the hook, then everyone wonders why they aren't already in jail when he goes out and kills a Jew.

This article is on AI because it happens to involve the AT&T hack by COINCEDENCE, as it seems like that was their "in" to getting to this guy. I gaurentee you that is a minor concern to the police in relation to this retard.. this guy is involved in hate crimes, violent threats, and is now guilty of drug possesion (Which is STILL a crime, and unless he is cooking it all himself, he had to buy it from someone which makes him part of the trafficing process). My point was that a crime is a crime. Who gives a crap which one they picked him up for. Whatever route they take to lock him up is fine by me.

I understand you seemingly over reacted on your original comment, and you came off alot more intelligent on your follow ups, but do you really want this guy on the streets..

Think of it like this: Cops know this dude likes to get high, but why go after the little fish? Better to focus on the traffickers. Then here comes AT&T or Apple and they say to the cops, "look, we're almost positive he hacked us, but we don't have enough evidence. Here's a "donation" to the department, now go and use that minor drug charge to get us what we need."

Would you be able to wield that sort of influence on police? That's all I'm getting at.
post #66 of 88
Can we not get any bigger picture of him? Was reading this on my iPad and there you go, smack in my face his photo mug!
post #67 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

... Then here comes AT&T or Apple and they say to the cops, "look, we're almost positive he hacked us, but we don't have enough evidence. Here's a "donation" to the department, now go and use that minor drug charge to get us what we need."

Would you be able to wield that sort of influence on police? That's all I'm getting at.

Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #68 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

He got arrested for drugs and not for hacking? Well that's an interesting coincidence isn't it?

"While busting this guy for pot, we just happen to stumble upon evidence that links him to hacking a product belonging to a large corporation with seemingly endless money."

So not only are we a police state, we're a corporate owned police state.

And you wonder where people like him come from?

Two logic fails, details below... then I suggest thinking about a life philosophy that incorporates more personal responsibility (humanistic) rather than some supernatural corporate demon.

1. How long do you suppose a judge takes to issue a search warrant after this idiot publicly declared his illegal 'hacking'?

2. If this were a corporate police state, wouldn't he have already been zapped the minute he fondled AT&T's ports and servers?

If you've applied this logic in other areas of your life, probably want to rethink those too.
post #69 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Think of it like this: Cops know this dude likes to get high, but why go after the little fish? Better to focus on the traffickers. Then here comes AT&T or Apple and they say to the cops, "look, we're almost positive he hacked us, but we don't have enough evidence. Here's a "donation" to the department, now go and use that minor drug charge to get us what we need."

Would you be able to wield that sort of influence on police? That's all I'm getting at.

Dude.. that would be a perfectly valid point if you weren't completely making it up.. Donation? where are you getting this from?? And again as was mentioned by others, they found out about the drugs AFTER they went in. Neither the cops nor AT&T had any indication he had any involvement in drugs until after. I mean its a cool theory but at the end of the day it's fiction.

To many movies man..
post #70 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The guy is clearly extremely conflicted. I could never have imagined such a strange combination of oxymorons. Anti-semite Christian? Hacking/Spammer Security Professional? LSD Hippie Redneck?

He is some piece of work. Speaking of work, did it say anywhere if he had a job?

I agree on conflicted! He probably drinks Pepsi out of a Coke can, writes in Obama on a Republican ballot, and runs Windows on a Mac.....hey...wait a minute!!!!
post #71 of 88
I just want to point out the beautiful Google ads that are showing up at the bottom of this page. Refresh a few times and you'll see what I mean...
post #72 of 88
Cocaine, LSD, ecstasy? Big fking deal!
post #73 of 88
Silliest thing is he's of German Jewish extraction (whatever that means). Is he what is commonly referred to as a self-hating Jew?
post #74 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

Dude.. that would be a perfectly valid point if you weren't completely making it up.. Donation? where are you getting this from?? And again as was mentioned by others, they found out about the drugs AFTER they went in. Neither the cops nor AT&T had any indication he had any involvement in drugs until after. I mean its a cool theory but at the end of the day it's fiction.

To many movies man..

Too many movies? More like I'm a citizen of the United States of America and I know exactly what kind of influence a corporation can have.
post #75 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodshotrollin'red View Post

Silliest thing is he's of German Jewish extraction (whatever that means). Is he what is commonly referred to as a self-hating Jew?

Meaning one or both of his parents are in whole or part ethnically Jewish, which of course has nothing to do with being a practicing Jew. He is what is commonly referred to as a nutcase.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #76 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstone View Post

The guy is clearly extremely conflicted. I could never have imagined such a strange combination of oxymorons. Anti-semite Christian? Hacking/Spammer Security Professional? LSD Hippie Redneck?

He is some piece of work. Speaking of work, did it say anywhere if he had a job?

Unemployed, no college degree. Did a few years at James madison when 14-15 yrs old. Nytimes article on weev from 08

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/ma...pagewanted=all
post #77 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

And you wonder where people like him come from?

Two logic fails, details below... then I suggest thinking about a life philosophy that incorporates more personal responsibility (humanistic) rather than some supernatural corporate demon.

1. How long do you suppose a judge takes to issue a search warrant after this idiot publicly declared his illegal 'hacking'?

2. If this were a corporate police state, wouldn't he have already been zapped the minute he fondled AT&T's ports and servers?

If you've applied this logic in other areas of your life, probably want to rethink those too.

Lets see, fluff fluff fluff, fluff... More fluff.. AH! There's your comment!

Publicly declaring something illegal in nature on the internet happens daily. That can't possibly be enough to issue a search warrant, and if it is, it further proves that we're in a police state. I guess I should watch it when I tell people on youtube that I weight my weekly pot bag on a cow scale!

If they had solid evidence that he "fondled AT&T's ports and servers" then they would have issued an arrest warrant, not a search warrant. His recreational drugs just happened to be icing on the cake for them, because now they can detain him for that while they rummage through his pc. In fact, I'd bet money that they knew they would find drugs as he probably talked about how awesomely high he was a lot.

The point is I'm not completely nuts for thinking there's something slimy going on here and that a corporation is influencing the police more-so than an average citizen could.
post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Lets see, fluff fluff fluff, fluff... More fluff.. AH! There's your comment!

...

The point is I'm not completely nuts for thinking there's something slimy going on here and that a corporation is influencing the police more-so than an average citizen could.



No, not completely.
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
Blindness is a condition as well as a state of mind.

Reply
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

He got arrested for drugs and not for hacking? Well that's an interesting coincidence isn't it?.

While I'd be more than happy to drawn into an x-files, tinfoil hat conspiracy theory... Let's think about things just for a moment or two. When one actively participates in illegal activity the number of simultaneous illegal activities greatly enhances ones chance of getting busted for one and or all of said inappropriate acts.

Why is the theme song from beretta buzzing my brain.... DAMN it took me 20 years to get rid of it AND NOW ITS BACK...
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
Apple Fanboy: Anyone who started liking Apple before I did!
Reply
post #80 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Any kind of interest in Goatse is a strong indicator of juvenile idiocy. Goatse is the ultimate poo-poo joke, and most people grow out of poo-poo jokes around age 12.


Obviously you haven't seen Goaste's sexy girlfriend, TUBGIRL!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • Hacker involved in iPad security breach arrested on felony drug charges
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Hacker involved in iPad security breach arrested on felony drug charges