or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 Reservation at Apple Store
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 4 Reservation at Apple Store

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
So I pre-ordered/reserved an iPhone 4 from the Apple store and got a confirmation e-mail the day it happened. I've gotten nothing since then, which I wasn't expecting anyway......

Went to store yesterday and talked to someone there and was informed I should be getting an e-mail with an appointment time to come pick it up. Anyone know if this is true?
post #2 of 6
thats how they response when they dont have a clear solution.
post #3 of 6
That's interesting. I don't have any emails either. I was hoping to go at the least croweded time but honestly, I have no idea when that would be and I have no intentions of going right before closing. Maybe opening would be best?
post #4 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveyoumetmark View Post

That's interesting. I don't have any emails either. I was hoping to go at the least croweded time but honestly, I have no idea when that would be and I have no intentions of going right before closing. Maybe opening would be best?

I hope you're kidding. There will be tons of people there that didn't pre-order and want one who are going to be there when the store opens.

My hope is to go around 10-11. It's late enough that the initial crowd will be gone, early enough that kids who want one or pre-ordered won't be up yet (sleeping in during summer) and I can probably get in/out of the mall before traffic gets bad.

I'm also taking the day off, which probably isn't an option for most people.
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel843 View Post

So I pre-ordered/reserved an iPhone 4 from the Apple store and got a confirmation e-mail the day it happened. I've gotten nothing since then, which I wasn't expecting anyway......

Went to store yesterday and talked to someone there and was informed I should be getting an e-mail with an appointment time to come pick it up. Anyone know if this is true?

I just received a "Reminder" email from Apple concerning my reservation on Thursday. It's basically the same as the initial confirmation email with no additional information.
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernel843 View Post

I hope you're kidding. There will be tons of people there that didn't pre-order and want one who are going to be there when the store opens.

My hope is to go around 10-11. It's late enough that the initial crowd will be gone, early enough that kids who want one or pre-ordered won't be up yet (sleeping in during summer) and I can probably get in/out of the mall before traffic gets bad.

I'm also taking the day off, which probably isn't an option for most people.

The people that didn't pre-order will be in a separate line anyway. My logic is that those who pre-ordered won't lose sleep over it and just show up later on. 10-11 seems like a crowded hour at the mall to me. It's a big lunch hour for many morning shifts. I really haven't a clue when to go. Anytime on launch day will be ultimately crowded.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 Reservation at Apple Store