or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Inside iOS 4: Missing features for iPhone 3G users
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Inside iOS 4: Missing features for iPhone 3G users - Page 2

post #41 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffyzDead View Post

How, in a measurable and detailed manner, does the iPhone 3G perform under iOS4?

That is the real deal maker/breaker as far as upgrading is concerned.

Omission of features is one clear thing.
Actual performance, of the iPhone 3G under iOS4, is the real knowledge needed.


I enabled background wallpaper and multitasking for my 3G and found there was a noticeable difference in performance compared to when the features were off. Even with the standard iOS4 I think it's quite slow compared to 3.1.3. For those of you who haven't upgraded, I recommend that you don't. If you really want to have the new features of iOS4 without sacrificing performance, there are ways to do it through JB.
post #42 of 92
I've decided to reinstall and will have to jailbreak to get my unlock but I will forgo the multitasking and wallpapers this time. I just couldn't stand the stuttering and slow performance for now. Strangely enough I now have a stuck pixel but I know that is just coincidental.

Seems like the geek gods are really conspiring to make me not like keeping my current phone on the current OS. I hope they stop doing this because I'm not buying a new phone for now or if I am, it likely will not be an iPhone or on AT&T.

Round two coming up.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #43 of 92
Just updated my iPod Touch 3G and it was worth any 1 second extra delay I have in opening an app.

I had 3 pages of Japanese language apps that I consolidated down to 4 icons. Sweet!

I was a little surprised though to learn that even those folders are limited in app quantities. What's the point in having a limit of 12 or so apps to one folder.
post #44 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

Apple ? Fragmentation ? How that can be ?

life cycles of obsolescence as models age is not "fragmentation." it's "legacy" support of older devices, which is of course an inevitable situation for anything that lasts a while.

smartphone purchases are financed with two year contracts, so that is their economic lifecycle. as a practical matter you pay $x a month plus $50-$200 or more downpayment every two years to get an updated model. sometimes you can sell your old phone to recover some of that downpayment too - there is a real market for used 3G iPhones today, even trade-ins. but for old Android phones?

so if the 3GS had problems with iOS 4, yes that would be a fragmentation issue because the 3GS is still in its initial lifecycle and you're still paying for buying it. but the 3G and 2G are past that point for most people. my old 2G is now my iPod (with wifi!) and remote control, and it still does a very good job of that for me - i'll never need to buy another iPod, just will recycle old iPhones.

microsoft's curse is mandatory "legacy" support of its hundreds of millions of Windows XP PC's and servers still in use, which prevents it from re-inventing NT from the ground up like it should. Apple doesn't have this problem with the iPhone and never will. because almost no one will ever have a 5 year old smartphone for primary use that needs to be supported like that.

android however is "fragmented." because all its models are still in their initial lifecycle. some phones less than a year old can't get the latest 2.2 update and may have problems with the latest apps, but their owners are locked into contracts with a year to go or a huge prepayment fee. the phones 1 to 2 years old, forget it.

and just compare a June 2008 3G iPhone now running iOS 4 with the original Android October 2008 HTC Dream/G1 forever limited to Android 1.6 and still locked in to a contract. how do they stack up!?

or even the much newer HTC Droid from October 2009 that will be forever limited to Android 2.1 - and it's not even a year into its contract!

now that's fragmentation, poor suckers.
post #45 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogeriogal View Post

Upgrade took a bit less than 2 hours (not including download of the iOS 4.0), backup was very slow and restore was very slow ... My battery used to last about 18 hours ... With iOS 4 battery died completely after about 10 hours

My 3G battery has been lasting much less time in the past month, long before iOS4 hit it. So it is very hard to blame the new OS....yet. Many other reports on Twitter wondering if Steve Jobs has a secret "3G Off" switch in Cupertino that he just flipped to make us all upgrade to the iPhone 4.
post #46 of 92
Quote:
Apple's engineers determined that supporting this more sophisticated level of multitasking on models with less RAM than the iPhone 3GS wouldn't work well, so rather than excluding iPhone 3G users from upgrading, they simply turned off multitasking as a feature so users could benefit from the other improvements to iOS 4 (which as a whole also take up more memory than previous versions of the OS).

Bosh, total and utter bosh. All iPhones and iPod touches can multi-task. That's how they can play iTunes music while using other apps or why users can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time. Enough RAM isn't the issue and never has been.

Apple could have easily added multi-tasking, at least at the level or allowing 1-2 apps to run in the background. That feature for Apple apps been there from day one.They chose to not do so because they're greedy. They want to force us to upgrade. Please quit shilling for them or blaming their engineers.

Crippling products to force users to upgrade. Day by day, Apple is getting more and more like Microsoft.
post #47 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthracite View Post

Just tried out my spellchecker in the e-mail app on my 3G. I typed in a sentence with various misspellings. Check this out:

I typed in the word "spellchek". The word was underlined in red to flag an error. I tapped on the word to correct it and the software said "No Replacements Found".

Could it be because spell check are two words and not one?
post #48 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfiejr View Post

smartphone purchases are financed with two year contracts, so that is their economic lifecycle. as a practical matter you pay $x a month plus $50-$200 or more downpayment every two years to get an updated model. sometimes you can sell your old phone to recover some of that downpayment too - there is a real market for used 3G iPhones today, even trade-ins. but for old Android phones?

so if the 3GS had problems with iOS 4, yes that would be a fragmentation issue because the 3GS is still in its initial lifecycle and you're still paying for buying it. but the 3G and 2G are past that point for most people. my old 2G is now my iPod (with wifi!) and remote control, and it still does a very good job of that for me - i'll never need to buy another iPod, just will recycle old iPhones.

And this applies to countries where there are 3-year contracts how?
post #49 of 92
Round 2 has gone MUCH, MUCH better. The performance is MUCH faster now and very acceptable. No multitasking and no wallpapers = pretty much the way it was 3.1.2. I tried TapTap again and it was 99% good. It was all much better. Safari felt faster and the attempt at digital zoom with the camera actually isn't terrible. I've also turned off the conversations feature of email since I don't use it and note that most of the initial slowness there appears related to redownloading headers for previews.

I'm much happier now.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #50 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Yes benchmarks have show iOS 4 slows down the 3GS, but remember that the 3G will not get multitasking. You will probably get a slight performance drop, but I doubt Apple would even release it if it was anything notable.

it is noticeable, my 3G feels sluggish at times but what it is worse, a couple of fav games (iMafia, Racers) now crash out regularly, perhaps because they're graphic intensive. They have become unplayable since upgrading. Lovely upgrade no doubt, but I wouldn't recommend on the 3G unless experimenting it, in anticipation of the new phone. I'm expecting delivery of my iPhone 4 by 5th July, it can't come soon enough
post #51 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by justfine View Post

I'm the jerk who always upgrades everything the second it's available. Never again.

I'm also in that club although I don't think it's exclusive.

Many thanks for the feedback.
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
post #52 of 92
My 3G post update is pathologically slow, save for one thing - pinch to zoom is much nicer in Safari. Everything else though, is far slower and more crashy than before. Apps take an eternity to load and more often than not just crash back to Springboard before they finish loading. The iPod app (which I notice now puts single TV episodes in separate folders for absolutely no reason) crashes very often (even more than before), and lags horribly.

I can only assume Apple want to force us owners of antique 3Gs to upgrade by making our phones unusably sluggish.

Aside from pinch to zoom iOS4 is all negatives for 3G owners as far as I'm concerned. We get virtually no new features of any note and get a lot less performance.
post #53 of 92
Check it out: The Mail app (not just the daemon as it used to) stays in the background, as does Safari. (Although Safari gets shut down by the system pretty fast since it uses up lots of resources.) This is *really* great for us heavy email users on the 3G.

Springboard also feels smoother and I haven't noticed slowdown anywhere.
post #54 of 92
I upgraded to my 3G (upgrade took about 2hrs, much longer than any previous upgrade) and haven't noticed any slugishness. If anything, Springboard seems a bit more fluid and responsive.

However, after upgrading, I strongly recommend a full power off and restart. I noticed I had a weird process running (name was just a random string) and it appeared to be killing the CPU as the phone was very slow and getting hot. After the restart it wasn't there and the phone was back to normal.

Have noticed that the max amount of available memory is much reduced on iOS4. Before, a "free memory" request would result in at least 30-40Mb free. Now I never see more than 15Mb free at any one time.

iOS4 on 3G is worth it for me for:
- Folders
- Combined Inbox
- iBooks
post #55 of 92
True. iOS 4 makes iPhone 3G resources (memory and storage) go ballistic. But it stands that perfectly good. No sluggishness at all.
Standard Apple's search on Internet is much better, than that via Google's app.
Some icons and miniatures are surprisingly more detailed and looking better, than they were before.
Notification badges are fixed for some third-party applications and are really working now.
Anyway, 3G is counting down its last days as a phone.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply
post #56 of 92
I updated my ipt2g and when jailbroken it was pretty slow, I restored to try out ibooks and found that when not jailbroken it is very fast.
post #57 of 92
i updated my 3G, and it does seem somewhat slower at times. Certainly not really noticeably. . But the 3G has always really been slow, I get keys stuck midway quite often, programs seem to freeze for about 5 or 6 seconds when I open them. So the update, doesn't seem really much worse really.

Otherwise the phones runs fine.
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
What I got... 15" i7 w/8 gigs ram,iPad2 64gig wifi, 2.0 mac mini, 2.0 17" imac, appleTv, Still running my old G4 466 upgraded to 1.2GHz maxed ram as a pro tools machine, and 2 iphones.
Reply
post #58 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersedated View Post

iOS 4 is working great on my iPad......the 2 year old products can run it but not the 2 month old ones....nice move Apple. Nice move.

Troll much?!? As you well know, this update is coming later this year to the iPad.
post #59 of 92
Anyone upgrade the 2nd gen iPod Touch? Is it any slower? Issues?
post #60 of 92
I have upgraded the following:

1 x 32GB 3GS - works fine
1 x 16GB 3GS - works fine
1 x 16GB 3G - works fine. A slow as it ever was after 3.0 came out
post #61 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

Bosh, total and utter bosh. All iPhones and iPod touches can multi-task. That's how they can play iTunes music while using other apps or why users can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time. Enough RAM isn't the issue and never has been.

Apple could have easily added multi-tasking, at least at the level or allowing 1-2 apps to run in the background. That feature for Apple apps been there from day one.They chose to not do so because they're greedy. They want to force us to upgrade. Please quit shilling for them or blaming their engineers.

Crippling products to force users to upgrade. Day by day, Apple is getting more and more like Microsoft.

Read Trumptman's posts to understand why you're full of shit.
post #62 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainless View Post

Apple ? Fragmentation ? How that can be ?

The rest of the world just call them upgrades.

But inside the SJRDF there exists a double standard:

When it happens to iOS it's "legacy".
When it happens to Android it's "fragmentation".
post #63 of 92
Author should be more precise to writing this kind of opinions on AppleInsider.

myTouch 3G has Android 2.1 already. We have one from T-Mobile (few weeks now) and if you purchased it recently you will have newer version of the system. Also one can install newer system from Google on those phones on their own. So stop talking that it is not available, because it is not true.


(big fun and user of Apple computers, iPods e.t.c.... but not as far as tablet or iPhone)
post #64 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarges View Post

[The performance drop on iPhone 3G due to iOS 4] is noticeable, my 3G feels sluggish at times[] Lovely upgrade no doubt, but I wouldn't recommend on the 3G unless experimenting it, in anticipation of the new phone.

I agree, and fit this description. iOS 4 feels very well-thought-out and solid, just hobbled by the iPhone 3G's limited hardware. Having the opportunity to feel out some of the new features (primarily Folders) has been great though; I've gone from 11 fully packed home screens to four spacious screens of folders. I'm looking forward to picking up my iPhone 4 bright and early tomorrow morning.

It'd be nice if (yes, starting the wish list already), in the next update, Apple allows the option for home screen rotation, or the option to configure the number of icons per home screen.

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

Reply

"Be aware of wonder." ~ Robert Fulghum

Reply
post #65 of 92
Ok, I took the plunge. I updated my iPod Touch to 4.0, and it's very nice. I don't notice it to be any slower than it was before, which isn't slow at all. I have second gen iPod Touch. I love the new look of the UI, too.
post #66 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

When it happens to iOS it's "legacy".
When it happens to Android it's "fragmentation".

Let's take a look into the irrational mind of a self proclaimed troll.

• Apple stops supporting a device after 3 full years of rich updates alongside all pocketable iDevices. (you call it fragmentation)
• Apple adds all features it can to older devices unless they severely affect performance (you call it fragmentation)
• Apple updates all their devices for 3 years at the same time (you say that's no big deal)
• Android 2.2 releases for only one device and yet devices that are also under a year old (much less 3) have no update in sight (you say that's no big deal)
• New Android phones come to market with an older OS than the one device that gets Android 2.2. (you say that's no big deal)

Awesome¡
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #67 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

• New Android phones come to market with an older OS than the one device that gets Android 2.2. (you say that's no big deal)

You should clarify that brand new Android phones have been released within the past month with Android 1.6.

That's fragmentation, people.
post #68 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkling View Post

Bosh, total and utter bosh. All iPhones and iPod touches can multi-task. That's how they can play iTunes music while using other apps or why users can talk on the phone and browse the web at the same time. Enough RAM isn't the issue and never has been.

Apple could have easily added multi-tasking, at least at the level or allowing 1-2 apps to run in the background. That feature for Apple apps been there from day one.They chose to not do so because they're greedy. They want to force us to upgrade. Please quit shilling for them or blaming their engineers.

Crippling products to force users to upgrade. Day by day, Apple is getting more and more like Microsoft.

You just don't understand Apple. Yes, they could make a special form of multi-tasking just for the 3G that only allows 1 or 2 simultaneous apps to fit in the limited available memory, but they've got no interest in fragmenting the user experience in that way - it's one way or no way. Personally I'm fine with that, it's what makes apple products consistent and predictable
post #69 of 92
Let's clear the air right now: iOS 4 on iPhone 3G sucks.

How do I revert?
post #70 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinthe408 View Post

Let's clear the air right now: iOS 4 on iPhone 3G sucks.

How do I revert?

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showt...69#post1658669
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #71 of 92
Quote:

You definitely contradict your username. Thanks for helping!

post #72 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Let's take a look into the irrational mind of a self proclaimed troll.

Apple stops supporting a device after 3 full years of rich updates alongside all pocketable iDevices. (you call it fragmentation)
Apple adds all features it can to older devices unless they severely affect performance (you call it fragmentation)
Apple updates all their devices for 3 years at the same time (you say that's no big deal)
Android 2.2 releases for only one device and yet devices that are also under a year old (much less 3) have no update in sight (you say that's no big deal)
New Android phones come to market with an older OS than the one device that gets Android 2.2. (you say that's no big deal)

Awesome¡

It might be more awesome if you read posts before replying to them.

Please note that I never referred to iOS upgrades as "fragmentation". That's all yours.

In fact, had you not gone out of your way to edit my post when you quoted it you would have included my first line to guide your reply:
Quote:
The rest of the world just call them upgrades.
post #73 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Let's take a look into the irrational mind of a self proclaimed troll.

Apple stops supporting a device after 3 full years of rich updates alongside all pocketable iDevices. (you call it fragmentation)
Apple adds all features it can to older devices unless they severely affect performance (you call it fragmentation)
Apple updates all their devices for 3 years at the same time (you say that's no big deal)
Android 2.2 releases for only one device and yet devices that are also under a year old (much less 3) have no update in sight (you say that's no big deal)
New Android phones come to market with an older OS than the one device that gets Android 2.2. (you say that's no big deal)

Awesome¡

Android 2.2 has not been released at all. It's still in development. The Nexus One serves as a developer platform, and many users have installed Froyo (2.2) in development builds. Also, many users have rooted their HTC, Motorola, and Samsung devices and done the same. Android 2.1 is the latest officially released version of Android. However, many users of phones must wait quite a while before getting updates when the new release hits the streets. The phone manufacturer is in charge of making sure that all their hardware on the phones are supported. That takes time, and in some cases, doesn't even happen. You can count on the fact that the very newest phones will get Froyo when it's released, followed by some phones waiting months, and some never even getting the update. With the iPhone, iOS 4 got released, and everyone with compatible hardware can upgrade. That's very nice. It keeps users able to download the latest apps because they essentially stay on the same release.

Apple has a long history of 3 years of support. Back when I owned my PowerPC 604e based machine, they would obsolete hardware just about every 3 years. That's an eternity in the electronics world. Realistically, how long does the average user keep their latest/greatest laptop/desktop? A 3 year old computer is considered a slug. Same thing for phones. The G1 is considered a dinosaur. Progress is inevitable, even if some have to be left behind.
post #74 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

I've been deliberating all day on whether to update my 3G with iOS 4. Hardly seems worth it. Might even slow it down?

Anybody updated 3G with new iOS?

my bullshit detector is going CRAZY on this one. It already multitasks. It performs better BECAUSE they enabled multitasking. 3G could do multitasking and perform better, but they ARENT CURRENTLY SELLING THAT ONE SO INSTEAD IT GETS HOBBLED. It's totally bs. Even if they set it to a hard limit of only X number of apps could multitask, that would have been better than willfully kneecapping older phones to push sales.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #75 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Yes benchmarks have show iOS 4 slows down the 3GS, but remember that the 3G will not get multitasking. You will probably get a slight performance drop, but I doubt Apple would even release it if it was anything notable.

you're doubly incorrect.
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
Groupthink is bad, mkay. Think Different is the motto.
Reply
post #76 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruel24 View Post

Android 2.2 has not been released at all.

That appears to all change today.
http://gizmodo.com/5570938/android-2...+%28Gizmodo%29
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #77 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersedated View Post

iOS 4 is working great on my iPad......the 2 year old products can run it but not the 2 month old ones....nice move Apple. Nice move.

How did you get it installed on your iPad?
post #78 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Read Trumptman's posts to understand why you're full of shit.

He can only be half full of shit because there are times where Apple has indeed done this merely to drive upgrades. In this instance Apple was 100% justified but in the instance for example of Apple claiming the 2G couldn't do MMS, well Apple was full of crap there.

Now that said, Apple is dead right on this one. Perhaps the extra code to enable the task-switching or third party apps is really minimal or might do better with an update, but for now, on the 3G, it seriously drives down performance by like 50% and I'd bet it is a paging issue related to memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

my bullshit detector is going CRAZY on this one. It already multitasks. It performs better BECAUSE they enabled multitasking. 3G could do multitasking and perform better, but they ARENT CURRENTLY SELLING THAT ONE SO INSTEAD IT GETS HOBBLED. It's totally bs. Even if they set it to a hard limit of only X number of apps could multitask, that would have been better than willfully kneecapping older phones to push sales.

It does multitask on select tasks and might be able to do as well for iOS4 and someone might be able to fix the current problems with some jailbreak apps that help manage memory a bit or shut down unnecessary services. Since my desired multitasking outcome is quite literally very specific, I'd love a program that turns the multitasking on and off for 3G. Then I could put up with the reduced response while running the two programs I need concurrently and then go back to having more performance afterward. Also even when using backgrounder and pro-switcher, the response was slow, and the programs I wanted to use were just as likely to work as to quit due to the memory limitations. It was a decent, but not really great solution for the 3G.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #79 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I've decided to reinstall and will have to jailbreak to get my unlock but I will forgo the multitasking and wallpapers this time. I just couldn't stand the stuttering and slow performance for now. Strangely enough I now have a stuck pixel but I know that is just coincidental.
.

Very odd, same thing happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreytgilbert View Post

my bullshit detector is going CRAZY on this one. It already multitasks. It performs better BECAUSE they enabled multitasking. 3G could do multitasking and perform better, but they ARENT CURRENTLY SELLING THAT ONE SO INSTEAD IT GETS HOBBLED. It's totally bs. Even if they set it to a hard limit of only X number of apps could multitask, that would have been better than willfully kneecapping older phones to push sales.

I suppose the backgrounder app in Cydia is doing this too to help Apple push phones too, because under the right apps it struggles also.

Sometimes it's just as simple as the device hardware limits are true. Even setting a limit on apps isn't good enough. Obviously the resources between "Calculator" and "TomTom" are going to be dramatically different and joe phone users isn't going to understand what and why the situation changes as to why apps close and other times don't. From a marketing point its probably safer to not enable it than trying to deal with the variations and questions that are bound to happen on the 3G.
post #80 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Yes benchmarks have show iOS 4 slows down the 3GS, but remember that the 3G will not get multitasking. You will probably get a slight performance drop, but I doubt Apple would even release it if it was anything notable.

My 3Gs in general feels as fast but there were a few occasions where phone would stutter visibly in scrolling/keyboard responsiveness/etc. I'm wondering if that is because RAM get filled up with apps and phone needs time to delete some before opening new one.

I'm a bit disappointed Apple didn't make multitasking switch - basically let people choose to use fast apps switching or use phone the old way. Personally I don't have much use for multitasking/fast switching and was never really rooting for multitasking on mobiles. iPod plays in background (only background app I am using) and Stanza did remember it's state on exit before. In fact, Stanza now opens a bit slower than before, without "multitasking". Regarding other apps, if I can't run them windowed on the screen at the same time (which would require bigger screen anyway), I really don't need it however smart and well done it is.

If it turns to be slowing my phone often and does make impact on battery life, I'd really prefer not to have it - even if that requires return to 3.2

Of other things, I have birthday date bug which is very annoying, and contacts are a bit corrupted - for some contacts more than one address is visible in sort of half-hidden way, behind valid address, and can't be deleted. That might be something with syncing with Outlook, but I definitely didn't have that before. Hopefully I will be able to clean-up in Outlook... \
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Inside iOS 4: Missing features for iPhone 3G users