or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Some iPhone 4 launch units lose signal when held with left hand
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some iPhone 4 launch units lose signal when held with left hand - Page 6

post #201 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaz View Post

By the way... for the people saying that "Didn't Apple field test this thing?"

Well, if using a case solves the problem, don't you think Apple had a case around it to conceal it from the public while they were field testing. If so, then that's probably how they didn't realize there was a problem.

There. I said it.

Congrats, you are the first person here to mention this. \
post #202 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

OK. So don't get a life.

And don't tell him what not to get either, Mr. smarty-pants.
post #203 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

This thing isn't an issue at all. It's a normal behavior. It is solved with any non-conductive case, like almost any iPhone case. Like the Apple Bumber.


Actually, no.

The item should simply work as advertised.

It should not need an additional purchase or some other kludge by the end user.


Hope Springs Eternal,
Mandricard
AppleOutsider
Hope Springs Eternal,
Mandricard
AppleOutsider
Reply
Hope Springs Eternal,
Mandricard
AppleOutsider
Reply
post #204 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by thespaz View Post

By the way... for the people saying that "Didn't Apple field test this thing?"

Well, if using a case solves the problem, don't you think Apple had a case around it to conceal it from the public while they were field testing. If so, then that's probably how they didn't realize there was a problem.

There. I said it.


Congrats, you are the first person here to mention this. \

Nope. See post #22.

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply

No matter what type of media...movies, music, books, photos and web pages

look better and sound better on the Kindle Fire HD and HDX than any iPad

Reply
post #205 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

I have never been called anything so vile in all my life.
How dare you sir/madam!?!

I take it that folks don't get out much in Austin?
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #206 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

And don't tell him what not to get either, Mr. smarty-pants.

My pants are not smart. But everything else is....
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #207 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Nope. See post #22.

Yeah, i was being sarcastic. It has been mentioned many times.
post #208 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Did you actually try to make a call though? That would be the best test in that it would tell us whether it's the bar display or the actual signal being dropped.

With all the blather back and forth on this list, I haven't heard of anyone actually having bad service because of the bars dropping yet. Several people talk about "being dropped" but it's obvious from the phrasing that they are just using the term incorrectly. Has anyone actually done this, replicated the bars disappearing, and then actually had a call dropped? Maybe, maybe not. Even with all the text spilled already, no one is being clear enough for us to tell.

Also, while i'm talking about written accuracy, could people stop using the term "design flaw"? It's not a design flaw unless it occurs on all units, which it appears not to at this time.

There is no protection from the dimwitted.. Did the above poster actually bother to read any posts on this thread before victimizing readers with his post?

This forum, and many other sites are filled with evidence of the problem affecting some handsets. There is a youtube video here demonstrating the problem (found on this forum).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

Engadget says "One iPhone 4 demonstrated the issue everytime it was held in our left hand (as a right-handed person is apt to do) so that our palm was essentially bridging the two antennas. You can see that in the video after the break. Bridging the two with a finger tip, however, didn't cause any issues with the reported reception. If we had to guess, we'd say that our conductive skin was acting to detune the antenna -- in fact, we've already managed to slowly kill two calls that way so it's not just an issue with the software erroneously reporting an incorrect signal strength. That said, we had no issues when Apple's $29 rubber bumper accessory (given to us free for standing in line) was attached, creating a buffer between our palm and the antennas. Our second UK-purchased iPhone 4 was fine, showing none of these handling symptoms."
post #209 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

Of course the signal it's going to drop if you touch the border, It's an antenna, and every antenna in every device that uses one does act like that when you touch it. Every cellular device says "do not touch the antenna".

This thing isn't an issue at all. It's a normal behavior. It is solved with any non-conductive case, like almost any iPhone case. Like the Apple Bumber.

And if you are going to complain that you don't want to use a case then you are a complete stupid that doesn't protect your purchases.

Sorry to be frank, but do you understand how ridiculous your post sounds? You say that the signal is going to drop if you touch the antenna and "do not touch the antenna"...

Yet Apple designs a phone with an external antenna that in normal use is going to be touched by the human body -- DUH!

As for making a case mandatory, that shouldn't be the case. You should't have to buy a case to make your phone function properly.
post #210 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

I take it that folks don't get out much in Austin?

And with that, I shall have to challenge you to a dual.
post #211 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post

There is no protection from the dimwitted.. Did the above poster actually bother to read any posts on this thread before victimizing readers with his post?

This forum, and many other sites are filled with evidence of the problem affecting some handsets. There is a youtube video here demonstrating the problem (found on this forum).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

Engadget says "One iPhone 4 demonstrated the issue everytime it was held in our left hand (as a right-handed person is apt to do) so that our palm was essentially bridging the two antennas. You can see that in the video after the break. Bridging the two with a finger tip, however, didn't cause any issues with the reported reception. If we had to guess, we'd say that our conductive skin was acting to detune the antenna -- in fact, we've already managed to slowly kill two calls that way so it's not just an issue with the software erroneously reporting an incorrect signal strength. That said, we had no issues when Apple's $29 rubber bumper accessory (given to us free for standing in line) was attached, creating a buffer between our palm and the antennas. Our second UK-purchased iPhone 4 was fine, showing none of these handling symptoms."

That would be a resounding, No.
post #212 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell View Post

Nope. See post #22.

Actually, see post #8
post #213 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Did you actually try to make a call though? That would be the best test in that it would tell us whether it's the bar display or the actual signal being dropped.

Well, so much for a case fixing the problem. I just went out and bought a Belkin case which wraps around the sides and back of the phone.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Belkin+-...6084&cp=1&lp=1

IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

As soon as I place it in my hands, the bars start dropping all the way down from full to one bar. With one bar, I can still receive and make a call. However, if I hold it in my hand long enough, it will switch from one bar to no bars and say "NO SERVICE". At that point, I cannot make or receive calls.

I honestly don't know what to do now \

post #214 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I had it sitting next to me on the couch. My left side. It had 1 bar but then I picked it up with my left hand and all bars came back. Surely there is a design flaw involving couches that Apple didn't vet.

Next I'll try defibrillating the device while soaking in ionized water.

It has to be the couch springs. They are producing a local distortion field.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #215 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Sorry to be frank, but do you understand how ridiculous your post sounds? You say that the signal is going to drop if you touch the antenna and "do not touch the antenna"...

Yet Apple designs a phone with an external antenna that in normal use is going to be touched by the human body -- DUH!

As for making a case mandatory, that shouldn't be the case. You should't have to buy a case to make your phone function properly.

Seems like if you have to have a case to prevent skin/antenna contact, then that nifty patented external antenna, is not-so-external anymore.
post #216 of 446
Everyone, from an electrical engineering standpoint, this makes total sense. If you even touch an antenna, you're changing the physical properties of it because now your hand is part of the antenna. You're effectively loading the antenna down. When the left hand is used, you're bridging between two antennae with your hand adding capacitance, loading and all kinds of other stuff. In my opinion, this is a stupid design. When I first found out the edges were the antenna, I knew this would happen and I was very curious to know how apple was going to get around physics. Looks like they didn't. Physics = 1, Apple = 0.

Ken
post #217 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

And with that, I shall have to challenge you to a dual.

iPhones at 10 yards ... held in right hands of course.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #218 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

... As for making a case mandatory, that shouldn't be the case. You should't have to buy a case to make your phone function properly.

It would have been a nice rhetorical flourish, given the number of times 'case' occurs in this paragraph, if you had ended with, "Case closed." Just a thought.
post #219 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

Well, so much for a case fixing the problem. I just went out and bought a Belkin case which wraps around the sides and back of the phone.

IT DOES NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM!

As soon as I place it in my hands, the bars start dropping all the way down from full to one bar. With one bar, I can still receive and make a call. However, if I hold it in my hand long enough, it will switch from one bar to no bars and say "NO SERVICE". At that point, I cannot make or receive calls.

I honestly don't know what to do now \

This is where you call Apple to get a new phone,
that has the coating on the antenna band,
that prevents the contact,
that diminishes the signal,
that drops the call,
that makes you sad

Now everybody, second verse...same as the first
post #220 of 446
Can anyone show a video of the reception not dropping when holding it your left hand or covering the gap with your finger?
post #221 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post

There is no protection from the dimwitted.. Did the above poster actually bother to read any posts on this thread before victimizing readers with his post?

This forum, and many other sites are filled with evidence of the problem affecting some handsets. There is a youtube video here demonstrating the problem (found on this forum).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

Engadget says "One iPhone 4 demonstrated the issue everytime it was held in our left hand (as a right-handed person is apt to do) so that our palm was essentially bridging the two antennas. You can see that in the video after the break. Bridging the two with a finger tip, however, didn't cause any issues with the reported reception. If we had to guess, we'd say that our conductive skin was acting to detune the antenna -- in fact, we've already managed to slowly kill two calls that way so it's not just an issue with the software erroneously reporting an incorrect signal strength. That said, we had no issues when Apple's $29 rubber bumper accessory (given to us free for standing in line) was attached, creating a buffer between our palm and the antennas. Our second UK-purchased iPhone 4 was fine, showing none of these handling symptoms."

The good news seems to be this is not happening to all iPhones so logic seems to suggest a manufacturing issue not design. Perhaps as someone else suggested something as simple as a bad ground connection.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #222 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by alessio21 View Post

i just talked to an apple rep and he said wow i didnt realize till now i just tried on an iphone 4 we have here then said hmm ill get a senior advisor the senior advisor said that they have been making reports to the engineering dept all morning and i would get a call back from them on what they r gonna do to resolve this

Did you receive a call from Apple?

It's clearly not affecting all handsets, and Apple probably will not have an estimate on how widespread the problem is for many days. While publicity surrounding this problem will deter some from purchase, I imagine Apple will be slow to publicly acknowledge any problem; they rarely do. However, I expect Apple will be quick to replace any problematic handsets.
post #223 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post

There is no protection from the dimwitted.. Did the above poster actually bother to read any posts on this thread before victimizing readers with his post?

This forum, and many other sites are filled with evidence of the problem affecting some handsets. There is a youtube video here demonstrating the problem (found on this forum).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

Engadget says "One iPhone 4 demonstrated the issue everytime it was held in our left hand (as a right-handed person is apt to do) so that our palm was essentially bridging the two antennas. You can see that in the video after the break. Bridging the two with a finger tip, however, didn't cause any issues with the reported reception. If we had to guess, we'd say that our conductive skin was acting to detune the antenna -- in fact, we've already managed to slowly kill two calls that way so it's not just an issue with the software erroneously reporting an incorrect signal strength. That said, we had no issues when Apple's $29 rubber bumper accessory (given to us free for standing in line) was attached, creating a buffer between our palm and the antennas. Our second UK-purchased iPhone 4 was fine, showing none of these handling symptoms."

Your reply would be better if you weren't so focussed on being disrespectful and insulting to me and instead focussed on what I said.

All my comments were directed to those posting on this forum. My citing of the fact that no one had to that point categorically shown a call dropping or even mentioned a call dropping was 100% accurate in that context.

Yes, you are correct in that I haven't read Engadget nor seen the YouTube video you are posting here, but neither of them are relevant to my argument are they?

Stop wasting time with the insults and personal attacks.
post #224 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It would have been a nice rhetorical flourish, given the number of times 'case' occurs in this paragraph, if you had ended with, "Case closed." Just a thought.

Hey, get off my case! Case closed!
post #225 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by str1f3 View Post

Can anyone show a video of the reception not dropping when holding it your left hand or covering the gap with your finger?

I will be posting a video of my Android dropping its reception when I hold my nose and stand on one leg (has to be the left leg) soon.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #226 of 446
I have tried putting my hand/fingers ALL over the metal band and cannot, repeat CANNOT replicate this issue. I get 5 bars 3G covereage all the time, it never drops. If anything the iPhone 4 is giving me much better signal strength especially on wifi...spots that don't show up at all on the 3GS or with only 1 bar are giving 2 or full signal strength on the iPhone 4.

This seems to be a very limited issue and not pervasive as some may make it sound.

Also the call clarity is superior than the 3GS on my end and on the other end of the call.
post #227 of 446
First adopter woes, typical apple... As usual it's good to wait for the reviews and then consider the device when such issues have been addressed. Though from the looks of it that engineer who lost the iPhone must be in double jeopardy, having lost it and not noticing reception issues.
post #228 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Your reply would be better if you weren't so focussed on being disrespectful and insulting to me and instead focussed on what I said.

All my comments were directed to those posting on this forum. My citing of the fact that no one had to that point categorically shown a call dropping or even mentioned a call dropping was 100% accurate in that context.

Yes, you are correct in that I haven't read Engadget nor seen the YouTube video you are posting here, but neither of them are relevant to my argument are they?

Stop wasting time with the insults and personal attacks.

If you want my opinion...

I Accuse: I think Prof Peabody did it in the study with Ms. Scarlett...and I think they used the rope.
post #229 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

I will be posting a video of my Android dropping its reception when I hold my nose and stand on one leg (has to be the left leg) soon.

Good luck with that...

Looking at YouTube there seems to be a couple of videos (example) that have no problems with reception. Goes a long in showing that it's not a structural design flaw.
post #230 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

Your reply would be better if you weren't so focussed on being disrespectful and insulting to me and instead focussed on what I said.

All my comments were directed to those posting on this forum. My citing of the fact that no one had to that point categorically shown a call dropping or even mentioned a call dropping was 100% accurate in that context.

Yes, you are correct in that I haven't read Engadget nor seen the YouTube video you are posting here, but neither of them are relevant to my argument are they?

Stop wasting time with the insults and personal attacks.

Please spend less time making points that have already been fully adressed on this thread, this forum and elsewhere. In short, it was clearly demonstrated that calls are dropped by handsets afflicted with the reported problem.. clearly and categorically... on this thread and others on the forum.

So, just apply yourself for a few minutes and actually read the damn thread in which you post. You are wasting time.
post #231 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffen View Post

I have tried putting my hand/fingers ALL over the metal band and cannot, repeat CANNOT replicate this issue. I get 5 bars 3G covereage all the time, it never drops. If anything the iPhone 4 is giving me much better signal strength especially on wifi...spots that don't show up at all on the 3GS or with only 1 bar are giving 2 or full signal strength on the iPhone 4.

This seems to be a very limited issue and not pervasive as some may make it sound.

Also the call clarity is superior than the 3GS on my end and on the other end of the call.

Great to hear and I am sure 99.99% of other users will report the same.
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #232 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

And with that, I shall have to challenge you to a dual.

Dual MacBurgers?

Dual carburetors?

Dual personalities?



I do like the idea of a duel though. So very 18th century.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #233 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giffen View Post

I have tried putting my hand/fingers ALL over the metal band and cannot, repeat CANNOT replicate this issue. I get 5 bars 3G covereage all the time, it never drops. If anything the iPhone 4 is giving me much better signal strength especially on wifi...spots that don't show up at all on the 3GS or with only 1 bar are giving 2 or full signal strength on the iPhone 4.

This seems to be a very limited issue and not pervasive as some may make it sound.

Also the call clarity is superior than the 3GS on my end and on the other end of the call.

How can you say how widespread or limited the problem is at this stage? It clearly affects some handsets, and only Apple will get a handle on it in the days to come.
post #234 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvidal View Post

And if you are going to complain that you don't want to use a case then you are a complete stupid that doesn't protect your purchases.

Thanks for chiming in with your opinion that it's a problem.
post #235 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

Dual MacBurgers?

Dual carburetors?

Dual personalities?



I do like the idea of a duel though. So very 18th century.

Indeed, it's just more civilized. Like you could drink a spot of tea while you were dueling.
post #236 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

If you want my opinion...

I Accuse: I think Prof Peabody did it in the study with Ms. Scarlett...and I think they used the rope.

Kinky!
post #237 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogan View Post

There is no protection from the dimwitted.. Did the above poster actually bother to read any posts on this thread before victimizing readers with his post?

This forum, and many other sites are filled with evidence of the problem affecting some handsets. There is a youtube video here demonstrating the problem (found on this forum).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03PQyWp0mWE

Engadget says "One iPhone 4 demonstrated the issue everytime it was held in our left hand (as a right-handed person is apt to do) so that our palm was essentially bridging the two antennas. You can see that in the video after the break. Bridging the two with a finger tip, however, didn't cause any issues with the reported reception. If we had to guess, we'd say that our conductive skin was acting to detune the antenna -- in fact, we've already managed to slowly kill two calls that way so it's not just an issue with the software erroneously reporting an incorrect signal strength. That said, we had no issues when Apple's $29 rubber bumper accessory (given to us free for standing in line) was attached, creating a buffer between our palm and the antennas. Our second UK-purchased iPhone 4 was fine, showing none of these handling symptoms."

That's nice. Now, show me where the statistics are that show the prevalence of the problem. Apple is rumored to sell up to 1 M iPhone 4 phones today (I don't believe it - I doubt if they have the supply for 4 M, but it will clearly be in the 500,000+ range). A few dozen reports of a problem is not a life or death matter. As soon as there are some statistically valid figures, we'll have an idea how big the problem is.

Calling someone dimwitted simply because they propose waiting for data before panicking is foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeyc15 View Post

Exactly... after you read about it.

For me - this bar issue has been going on forever. With my 3GS I sit in the exact same spot at home when I use the phone for web etc, and my 3G or WiFi bars float up and down. This has been going on since day one ( a year now). .

I was thinking the same thing. I've always had the number of bars vary on a phone when just sitting in one place. Granted, the variability seems a bit greater on iPhone 4, but it's not the first time I've seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdog View Post

just got back from apple store. no way i'm waiting in that line. anyway i tested 3 phones no yellow, no left hand problems. are you people shorting appl stock or what? truth i think the phone feels clunky in my hand and more solid but not in a good way. i have 3gs with new ios4 software and i think software upgrade most important step.

Bloggers always do this. Instead of "someone was hit on the head by an object falling from the sky", they'll run around saying "The sky is falling. They sky is falling"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie View Post

Yes.

It seems certain that they will have some number of phones to refurb, but the real question is how many, in real terms or as a percentage.

And at this point, all we know is "maybe less then 100%". I say maybe because it is unknown whether the reported negative cases will turn into positives over time.

Nobody really knows yet.

Actually, we know the number is less than 100% because a number of people have reported that they don't have the problem. We just don't know how much less - or what the cause of the problem is. Or if it's even only one problem. Apple says that the dropping bars problem is a purely cosmetic issue while some people are reporting that they get dropped calls, too. It may be that there are 2 different problems. We just won't know until there's some real information rather than bloggers running around saying that the sky is falling.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #238 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

If you want my opinion...

I Accuse: I think Prof Peabody did it in the study with Ms. Scarlett...and I think they used the rope.

Noooo, he used the antennae!
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
Enjoying the new Mac Pro ... it's smokin'
Been using Apple since Apple ][ - Long on AAPL so biased
nMac Pro 6 Core, MacBookPro i7, MacBookPro i5, iPhones 5 and 5s, iPad Air, 2013 Mac mini.
Reply
post #239 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Indeed, it's just more civilized. Like you could drink a spot of tea while you were dueling.

So true. Plus, it lets you prolong the agony for your opponent.

Hit a kneecap. Then an elbow. Next, an eye.

The modern version of the Black Knight in Monty Python's "Holy Grail".
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
post #240 of 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

Noooo, he used the antennae!

If it's Scarlet Johansson, I'm all in!
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Some iPhone 4 launch units lose signal when held with left hand