or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 launch could sell 1.5 million, FaceTime seen as key driver

iPhone 4 launch could sell 1.5 million, FaceTime seen as key driver - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You're talking crazy now... no wait, the other thing, sanity.

Played with Face Time any? How about iMovie? This phone rocks!
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postulant View Post

Played with Face Time any? How about iMovie? This phone rocks!

Yeah. My first time using FaceTime was a mixed bag. It was very choppy in video with stuttering audio with one friend and another it wouldn't even connect at all.

The one with the bad connection needed to update his router and the other friend didn't have UPnP on. Now they both work really really well over a distance of about 2500 miles (by car). I have since used it with others around that distance and much closer and it's working surprisingly well.

iChat has never worked as well for me, even when both Macs used Ethernet on the LAN side. Because of this I fully expect the FullTime protocols to be added to iChat for Mac OS X 10.7 in the same way QuickTime X was first developed for iPhone OS before being ported to Mac OS X 10.6.

I have played around with iMovie too much. I took a couple vids and then worked to edit them just to play with the features, but nothing I was serious about editing. I'm not just dually impressed, but triply impressed. They have crammed more features into that app than i would have expected. I plan on doing a more intense video shoot and edit tomorrow, but that is for family and friends so I won't be posting it here.

Have you gotten to play with these apps any?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #43 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Have you gotten to play with these apps any?

Oh yeah, I'm playing with iMovie right now and I played with Face Time all afternoon. A lot of fun and I look forward to the apps that will take advantage of the new camera system. The sky is the limit - I can hardly wait.
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Prices have already lowered. Its pretty standard now for smartphones across the board to be 199.00 with a 2 year contract. Remember when the first iPhone came out it was full retail there was no other option.

Did the stock ever reach $70 before it hit $270 like you said?
post #45 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhomerun View Post

Well it's not terribly biased, as these are the people who are actually buying it and they are simply stating why they are buying it.

Not terribly biased? Huh???

Anyone that lines up, for more than 10min to buy a hunk of plastic and metal that will be totally worthless in 4 years is biased. Anyone that lines up for the launch of something is obviously there because they REALLY LIKE what they are waiting in line for. So the so called "survey" is not objective in any way shape or form. Did they think there was even a small possibility that someone in those lines was going to be anything less than totally positive about Apple and this new iPhone??

Maybe they should go to a ticket office the day tickets for some concert goes on sale and ask people in line if they like the band, and would they ever see them again???
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by akhomerun View Post

iOS, Android, and WebOS are all not doomed.

No matter how hard Apple tries, one device from one manufacturer on one cell phone network (in the US) cannot compete with dozens of devices on all networks, especially when the quality is so similar. Doesn't anyone remember Mac vs. Windows? Windows wasn't even any good, at least Android is a competent competitor. Every manufacturer creating Android devices add to it, since Android has the open source advantage PLUS the commercial backing of Google. It's like mashing up the best parts of the Windows and open source business models.

Apple is still far ahead, especially with iPhone 4. We'll see if that lasts.

whatever you think you said! LOL!
Android is a free OS and Not a single cell phone company. What you failed to mention, and I'm being kind,is that all the Android cell phone makers are competing with one another.
So shouldn't you be saying Apple against Moto, LG and Samsung?
Doesn't matter anyway because Apple's cell phone business is in the financial black.
Apple has a one cell per year business model and it works.
post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettieblue View Post

"Based on a survey of over 100 customers outside of two Apple stores "

Ummm yeah that is not a BIAS survey.

Went to bestbuy today at lunch to get a memory stick for a camera, and there were 3 or 4 iTard's lined up to get a blotchy, yellow screened iPhone 4.0.....my precious....my preeeeeeccciouuuus.....must have...must HAVE!!!!!!

iTards? lol, don't be angry - it's just a phone.
post #48 of 51
Quote:

No thankfully I was wrong. Didn't we already talk about this? In any case lets hope these iPhone issues aren't all true or I could turn out right.

I can't vouch for the other 600,000+, but I have two here that work beautifully.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotOn View Post

Despite the yellow screens, despite the blocking of 3G reception when held in the left hand, despite iOS having a whopping 64 vulnerabilities fixed, despite all the glass, despite AT&T games and high prices...

...isn't the Reality Distortion Field just simply amazing?

*I didn't see any yellow screen on my iphone 4-FAIL
*Glass breaks. Even the windshield on a $350,000 Maybach-FAIL
*NORAD'S satellites must be positioned properly or they wouldn't be able to detect a nuke heading to your house-FAIL
*AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc all are in the business to make money for their investors and will do what ever it takes to bring home the gravy. Like making poor little America pay a whopping $350.00 ETF-FAIL

So you really thought you kicked a**!
I think you better head back to the drawing board homey!
post #50 of 51
Quote:

Whenever there is a major release like this everyone starts freaking out over rumors. However if any of them are actually true Apple needs to get out in front of any issues.

I used one today, not my own and it seemed to work fine and looks fine. Glad to hear you are not having any issues, sucks to be excited about getting something new and then having issues.

Agreed! I'm not sure about the reception issue, but the yellow dots disappear once the screen heats up. Sucks to wait in line for 8 hours only to learn your new phone gets no reception... Some people are saying the disappearing bars do not affect their ability to make calls while others claim they can't make calls at all. If this is the same issue Mossberg was referring to, Apple knows about it and can supposedly fix it with a software update. If not, I'm sure Apple will either issue their money back or replace their phones.
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

My premise is that the 600k only includes actual sales, not "reservations." They sell whatever they have; not having 2-3MM on launch would just be stupid , save a production problem.

Apple announced the 600,000 figure before the launch date, so there were no sales. That figure is for ALL phones that were ordered. Figures were apparently reported the same way for the iPad.

They're producing them as fast as they can, but like the iPad, sales will be limited by availability for some time.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 launch could sell 1.5 million, FaceTime seen as key driver