or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'Worst case' in iPhone reception issue: Apple gives away bumpers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

'Worst case' in iPhone reception issue: Apple gives away bumpers - Page 4

post #121 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I will check again and post the post numbers of those that contained the data. Remember, I restricted my count to only those who said they actually owned the phone, not those who complained about what others had purportedly experienced.

I did as you did, counting only those explicitly stating that they have an iPhone 4 and noted all those who claimed they had reception issues vs those claiming they didn't. 16 iPhone 4 references in this thread in total.

The point remains that we're seeing an unusually high percentage of respondents with reception issues. Far higher than any previously reported problem with Apple kit that I'm aware of. I don't believe we can put this down to some kind of conspiracy to damage the iPhone 4's reputation.

Whether or not the issue is a serious one is up to the owner, but we're past the point where there's doubt that the issue is widespread. Even if 10% of the iPhones were affected, that would still be widespread in my estimation.

I wonder how many of the people who are pooh-poohing the problem would turn down a free replacement from Apple if it were offered.

Not many I'll wager.
post #122 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Do you actually have one now, or are you speaking prospectively? When you say "my new iPhone 4" are you making a what-if statement, or have you experienced the problem you are describing? This is a sincere request for clarification, not being snarky.

Please reread my post. It said I waited 4 hours in the 100 degree Arizona heat to get one. I have it and I can watch it go from a full signal to 'searching" in a matter of 10 seconds......right in front of my eyes........

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #123 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

I did as you did, counting only those explicitly stating that they have an iPhone 4 and noted all those who claimed they had reception issues vs those claiming they didn't. 16 iPhone 4 references in this thread in total.

I'd really prefer you call me on my specific errors rather than just reiterating your earlier total--basically just saying you're right and I'm wrong.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #124 of 162
User error? Design flaw? Neither.

So many people are totally unaware of a thing called "manufacturing error".
(Apple does not manufacture *ANY* iPhone. Never has. Never will.)

The simple reason why 1000s of phones have this problem... and 100000s do NOT:

The company that builds the phone (not Apple) let a small number of phones slip through quality-control inspections.

*ALL* iPhone4s should have an insulating coating on the antenna.... but a small percent of them were accidentally shipped without it.

Here's an instant 3/8" solution for a few cents at your local store:

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Wing-Bands.html
post #125 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Please reread my post. It said I waited 4 hours in the 100 degree Arizona heat to get one. I have it and I can watch it go from a full signal to 'searching" in a matter of 10 seconds......right in front of my eyes........

I did, actually, and edited my post to reflect missing your last section.

Bummer for you, I am sorry. I hope that in usage that it resolves itself as at least one other has reported.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #126 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyT View Post

User error? Design flaw? Neither.

So many people are totally unaware of a thing called "manufacturing error".
(Apple does not manufacture *ANY* iPhone. Never has. Never will.)

The simple reason why 1000s of phones have this problem... and 100000s do NOT:

The company that builds the phone (not Apple) let a small number of phones slip through quality-control inspections.

*ALL* iPhone4s should have an insulating coating on the antenna.... but a small percent of them were accidentally shipped without it.

Here's an instant 3/8" solution for a few cents at your local store:

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Wing-Bands.html

Would love to, but Safari give me an error on this address. EDIT: Never mind, got it. Are you being serious? Do you have a source for this information about the missing coating, or are you speculating as to the cause. Hope you are right, would love to see such a clear resolution.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #127 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyT View Post

User error? Design flaw? Neither.

So many people are totally unaware of a thing called "manufacturing error".
(Apple does not manufacture *ANY* iPhone. Never has. Never will.)

The simple reason why 1000s of phones have this problem... and 100000s do NOT:

The company that builds the phone (not Apple) let a small number of phones slip through quality-control inspections.

*ALL* iPhone4s should have an insulating coating on the antenna.... but a small percent of them were accidentally shipped without it.

Here's an instant 3/8" solution for a few cents at your local store:

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Wing-Bands.html

I agree with you that Apple did not make the phone...... BUT they did design the phone and gave the design to the manufacturers to manufacture. They didn't just say "hey we want a phone made...what ever you design and make we will put our brand on it"
Apple was involved every step of the way they cannot deny culpability on this design flaw. they designed the phone......they might not have technically made the phone but c'mon here this is an Apple product. It does not have any other name on it!

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #128 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I'd really prefer you call me on my specific errors rather than just reiterating your earlier total--basically just saying you're right and I'm wrong.

You posted again before I had a chance to go back through the posts and note them individually.
Here they are:

Problems:
#22
#37
#40
#45 (x3)
#52
#87 (x2)
#92
#96
#113 (Ambiguous)
#117

No problems:
#31 (x2)
#54
#100

That's 13 problem phones if you include the ambiguous post, 12 if you don't, but one of those 12 references his friend so we're back to 11.

Seems I counted an extra "no problems" where none existed the first time through, so 4 iPhone 4s had no problems whatsoever.

As mentioned in my last response, but to avoid repeating the whole thing, even if we disagree about one or two instances, it's undeniable that the ratio of problem to non-problem is pretty compelling evidence that the issue is widespread.

Note that I said evidence, not proof.
post #129 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

You posted again before I had a chance to go back through the posts and note them individually.
Here they are:

Problems:
#22
#37
#40
#45 (x3)
#52
#87 (x2)
#92
#96
#113 (Ambiguous)
#117

No problems:
#31 (x2)
#54
#100

That's 13 problem phones if you include the ambiguous post, 12 if you don't, but one of those 12 references his friend so we're back to 11.

Seems I counted an extra "no problems" where none existed the first time through, so 4 iPhone 4s had no problems whatsoever.

As mentioned in my last response, but to avoid repeating the whole thing, even if we disagree about one or two instances, it's undeniable that the ratio of problem to non-problem is pretty compelling evidence that the issue is widespread.

Note that I said evidence, not proof.

If you want more look in the Apple Discussions Forums...
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.j...D=1378&start=0
More and more people are reporting signal loss issues. Some from the proximity sensor to the way they hold the phone..
Oh and you forgot my post #128

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #130 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Never a good idea to preemptively assume the worst in us. No name-calling here unless you really earn it.

Okay, I've gone over it twice and here's my result.

No Problems: 7 (post #'s 31, 52, 54, 92, 100, 117), I didn't count #78 because it was somewhat ambiguous. I counted #117 because he said the problem fixed itself. #31 had two phones.

Problems: 5 (post #'s 40, 45, 87, 96), #96 had two phones.

I cannot find the other two nay-sayers I reported the first time. Maybe they took their posts down? Perhaps you can find them where I failed.

Please be so kind as to specify where my math is "dodgy" by citing the post numbers of those I missed or mischaracterized in your opinion.

Or maybe you're just a troll. Kidding . . . I hope.

Again, I am only counting people who made it clear they actually have the phone themselves and are reporting on their personal experience.

The reply above should clarify my critique. BTW, although I've only just started posting here, I have been a regular reader of the news page threads for years, and I have seen, numerous times, people not toeing the Apple line in their first post being accused in that same thread of trolling, some deserving of the accusation, but others not. So I have no illusion that I'm going to be exempt.

We shall see (and I'm giving you a pass for the comment above on the basis that you were actually joking).
post #131 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

If you want more look in the Apple Discussions Forums...
http://discussions.apple.com/forum.j...D=1378&start=0
More and more people are reporting signal loss issues. Some from the proximity sensor to the way they hold the phone..
Oh and you forgot my post #128

Whoops - sorry 'bout that. In a rush to post so Robin and I can find some common ground so we can move on. The numbers are important but the ratio is the real story I think.

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.
post #132 of 162
Hi friends, Goldie Wilson III for Wilson iPhone-Conversion Systems.. You know, when my grandpa was mayor of Hill Valley, he had to worry about signal problems. But now, you don't have to worry about signal! I'll bumper-convert your old iphone into a skyway caller. For only $39,999.95. So come on down and see me, Goldie Wilson III, at any one of our 29 convenient locations. Remember, keep 'em talkin.
post #133 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

You know whats funny about all this, if this was a new Android phone or something put out by RIM everyone on this forum would be taking about how others don't live up to Apple standards before any true tests came out. Because its Apple now everyone wants to wait and give Apple months to test before coming to a conclusion.

Funny shouldn't they have done all their testing before the release date?

Looks like Apple has now become big enough where they are the new Microsoft. Beta product right into production and fix the problems later.

I agree with you until last paragraph, now you need to keep taking those pills 3 times a day. I always seen to observe your comments, when Apple have an issue.
post #134 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyT View Post

User error? Design flaw? Neither.

So many people are totally unaware of a thing called "manufacturing error".
(Apple does not manufacture *ANY* iPhone. Never has. Never will.)

The simple reason why 1000s of phones have this problem... and 100000s do NOT:

The company that builds the phone (not Apple) let a small number of phones slip through quality-control inspections.

*ALL* iPhone4s should have an insulating coating on the antenna.... but a small percent of them were accidentally shipped without it.

Here's an instant 3/8" solution for a few cents at your local store:

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Wing-Bands.html

Or is it that humans are not created equal regarding the way they hold their iPhone 4?
post #135 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

"We don't think the antenna issue is that big of a deal where it would warrant a product recall," Wu wrote. "The reason is that most users have a case anyway to protect their iPhone and to customize to their personal preferences.

I do not have the case, and 70% of the people with iPhone I see in Germany have neither.
post #136 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Personally...

I'd rather they had better designed/engineered the device prior to release, as opposed to this (proposed) half-hearted 'fix'.

I'm so sick of this idiotic opinion. "Gee, if they could just make it BETTER...I'm so sick of this crap. Stupid Apple."

The entire thing is overblown and made worse by a minor software issue. In fact, the whole thing is taken care of by a bumper or case, which most people will get anyway. Yawn.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #137 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerARSgm View Post

What we've seen over the past 36 hours is a perfect example of how the internet, bloggers, and message boards can turn a mountain into a mole hill.

Wow, when you mess up an idiom it can really sound silly. I assume you meant "turn a molehill into a mountain", or more correctly "MAKE a mountain out of a molehill" - both of which obviously mean exactly the opposite of what you actually said...
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
Reply
15" uMacbook Pro 2.4Ghz 8GB 128GB SSD/500GB 7200rpm, iMac 27" i5 16GB 1TB, MacBook Air 8GB 256GB, iPhone 5s 64GB, iPhone 4 32GB, iPad 4 64GB, Apple TV2/3, iPod Nano 2nd gen, iPod Touch 4th gen,...
Reply
post #138 of 162
Toyota is following to see how Apple handles this so they can learn for their next SNAFU.
post #139 of 162
there's a very funny video about this topic, you have to see it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK37dysPPzU
post #140 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodypainter View Post

there's a very funny video about this topic, you have to see it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK37dysPPzU

LOL I love this video!! It shows that Apple and Steve himself hold the phone the natural way it fits in your hand is the wrong way....You just can't defend this design flaw....
The Whole keynote presentation they help the phone the exact way everyone else does nad it looses signal if you do it that way. Remember when Steve blames the loss of wireless signal on everyone in the audience have a wireless device on and bringing the wireless network down.....
Well he was just holding the phone wrong!!!
You watch his keynote and get the impression that he is saying..."don't do as I do...do as i say....when trying to cover my arse"

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #141 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktinsley View Post

https://twitter.com/franktinsley/status/17038225319

+1

~Callum
post #142 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper View Post

You posted again before I had a chance to go back through the posts and note them individually.
Here they are:

Problems:
#22
#37
#40
#45 (x3)
#52
#87 (x2)
#92
#96
#113 (Ambiguous)
#117

No problems:
#31 (x2)
#54
#100

That's 13 problem phones if you include the ambiguous post, 12 if you don't, but one of those 12 references his friend so we're back to 11.

Seems I counted an extra "no problems" where none existed the first time through, so 4 iPhone 4s had no problems whatsoever.

As mentioned in my last response, but to avoid repeating the whole thing, even if we disagree about one or two instances, it's undeniable that the ratio of problem to non-problem is pretty compelling evidence that the issue is widespread.

Note that I said evidence, not proof.

I did miss the times-three on #45. However, it seems that most of our differences are matters of interpretation. We are entering into hanging chad land. So, let's let it be. Only time and testing will tell the true nature and extent of the issues being reported.

You seem to be a sincere and thoughtful poster, and speaking only for myself I welcome your changed status from lurker to participant in these forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #143 of 162
Polling this forum is really a waste of time. Maybe even worse than a waste of time, since the sample is so tiny, and so completely biased. Funny, but in another thread, posters were all over the survey of new iPhone buyers conducted by an analyst because they only asked 608 people at three Apple stores. So about a dozen opinions here is better?

If the sales estimates are close to accurate, Apple has already sold over a million of these phones. So even if the problem rate is a tiny fraction of one percent, the number of complaints are going to be growing -- from zero to some. People post in these forums to complain, not when they are having no problems. So you can't look at any given forum and read anything useful into "all the complaints."
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #144 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Polling this forum is really a waste of time. Maybe even worse than a waste of time, since the sample is so tiny, and so completely biased. Funny, but in another thread, posters were all over the survey of new iPhone buyers conducted by an analyst because they only asked 608 people at three Apple stores. So about a dozen opinions here is better?

If the sales estimates are close to accurate, Apple has already sold over a million of these phones. So even if the problem rate is a tiny fraction of one percent, the number of complaints are going to be growing -- from zero to some. People post in these forums to complain, not when they are having no problems. So you can't look at any given forum and read anything useful into "all the complaints."

I couldn't agree more. Did you read my original post--the one that started this exchange? Here it is (#130):

"Reality Check
If the analysts quoted on another current thread can be quoted after polling people standing in line, so can I. I just reviewed all the posts on this thread up to now. I counted up the number of people who have iPhone 4 who claim problems, and those who claim no problems. I trusted everyone was telling the truth. I counted each phone if someone said they had 3 and all were doing it. Here is the result of my unscientific investigation.

Problems: 7
No Problems: 7

Does this imply that 50% of phones have a problem? No. Because we might assume that complainers tend to be more motivated to sound off than satisfied customers. You can ponder the meaning of this yourselves. But clearly, the complainers are getting more air time in the media that the others."

This started off as kind of a goof. Then I got challenged and we ended up going down a rat hole.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #145 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Polling this forum is really a waste of time. Maybe even worse than a waste of time, since the sample is so tiny, and so completely biased. Funny, but in another thread, posters were all over the survey of new iPhone buyers conducted by an analyst because they only asked 608 people at three Apple stores. So about a dozen opinions here is better?

If the sales estimates are close to accurate, Apple has already sold over a million of these phones. So even if the problem rate is a tiny fraction of one percent, the number of complaints are going to be growing -- from zero to some. People post in these forums to complain, not when they are having no problems. So you can't look at any given forum and read anything useful into "all the complaints."

I hope you are right that the percentage is so small that it is not a very large design flaw. I just want my phone to work correctly...right now it does not. So if you are correct then I am going to go to the Apple store and return my 4G for another one and it should work perfectly! I really hope you are correct..I am so frustrated with the phone right now.....

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply

Tallest Skil:


"Eventually Google will have their Afghanistan with Oracle and collapse"

"The future is Apple, Google, and a third company that hasn't yet been created."


 


 

Reply
post #146 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

This started off as kind of a goof. Then I got challenged and we ended up going down a rat hole.

Having gone down more than a few of those willingly myself, I can't be too critical. I just think its unfortunate how quickly many people will jump to conclusions based on whatever evidence they think they have -- slim, or even none. They are only revealing their prejudices, nothing more.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #147 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

I hope you are right that the percentage is so small that it is not a very large design flaw. I just want my phone to work correctly...right now it does not. So if you are correct then I am going to go to the Apple store and return my 4G for another one and it should work perfectly! I really hope you are correct..I am so frustrated with the phone right now.....

I hope it's small too, but I have absolutely no idea whether the percentage is large or small. At this point, probably only Apple knows.
Please don't be insane.
Reply
Please don't be insane.
Reply
post #148 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

Would love to, but Safari give me an error on this address. EDIT: Never mind, got it. Are you being serious? Do you have a source for this information about the missing coating, or are you speculating as to the cause. Hope you are right, would love to see such a clear resolution.

He doesn't have a source. Even Apple didn't say this.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of a rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #149 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

I did miss the times-three on #45. However, it seems that most of our differences are matters of interpretation. We are entering into hanging chad land. So, let's let it be. Only time and testing will tell the true nature and extent of the issues being reported.

You seem to be a sincere and thoughtful poster, and speaking only for myself I welcome your changed status from lurker to participant in these forums.

Consider the topic parked.

And thanks for the kind words of welcome. Truth is I would still be lurking if SJ hadn't thrown out his one-liner, so blame my presence in the forums on him.

Cheers.
post #150 of 162
is not plausible becuase Steve is incapable of admitting that there is anything in need of change and passing out bumpers with the phone would be such an admission. As a consequence, there will likely be a class action lawsuit which will cost a lot more money than giving away bumpers and damage the company's reputation a great deal more than the very reasonable alternative presented.

Oh, did I mention the continuing bad PR?
post #151 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Actually its only the ones that are stupid and blindly loyal that need the medication. I am perfectly fine, thanks for asking.

At least you admit Apple is having an issue instead of blindly defending them like most of the koolaid drinkers.

I told you long time ago, that I love Apple and think the company delivers GREAT products, BUT when there is something wrong, I am going to say it is wrong. The left hand issue should have been non-issue before release and speculation about the 'rubber bands' being available due to this issue, is in my opinion on the money. What gets me if that is true, why sell them at $29.99 to loyal customers and make more money off them for a issue that is Apple's problem.
post #152 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Personally...

I'd rather they had better designed/engineered the device prior to release, as opposed to this (proposed) half-hearted 'fix'.

big surprise you would have a negative thing to say about apple. i am sure you are real fun at party's which is clearly a half-hearted statement, cause i don't think people like you enough to invite ya to one.
post #153 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodduality View Post

Well this is my first post, but I have been reading this site for a few months now.

I preordered and recieved my iphone 4 yesterday through fedex and it has both the discolored screen and the signal issues. The ATT store I activated at took a note of the screen so I can exchange it later if it doesn't go away.

I noticed the signal issue later when I got home. Where I live I only have edge and only 2 or 3 bars of signal. If I hold the phone in my left hand the signal drops to "no service" and I am unable to make calls if I try. So it is more than just a cosmetic thing, and really did make me drop to no service.

hmm, first post, bought an iphone 4 with issues, came to apple forum...i think google is paying people pretty well these days to post to apple fan sites... btw you are wasting your time...people on here either own many apple products, or they come to despise the people that do..
post #154 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Why do you not have this same opinion when these rumors come out about other companies. Or do you? If this was reported with the new Evo or Incredible would your reaction be the same?

we wouldnt go to a site specifically and make the comments and stir the trouble that you do sir. It would appear you only comment when something could be viewed as a negative towards apple.

But keep doing what you are doing, because my stock price per share has risen over a 140 dollars a share since i have seen you appear here. Apparently your incoherent rants over apple have most assuredly made me richer. So continue on, clearly your critiques of apple have made it to Steve's ears and have corrected them.

keep up the good work, not as is you are doing any, but i am sure you have some butterfly effect of chaos that is rippling into my earnings....onward to $400/share!

wait, i havent heard much of you rant against the iPad lately...maybe its because they have sold more ipads in a couple of months, than all tablets sold in the last 5 years?
post #155 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by TammyT View Post

User error? Design flaw? Neither.

So many people are totally unaware of a thing called "manufacturing error".
(Apple does not manufacture *ANY* iPhone. Never has. Never will.)

The simple reason why 1000s of phones have this problem... and 100000s do NOT:

The company that builds the phone (not Apple) let a small number of phones slip through quality-control inspections.

*ALL* iPhone4s should have an insulating coating on the antenna.... but a small percent of them were accidentally shipped without it.

Here's an instant 3/8" solution for a few cents at your local store:

http://www.slecuk.com/catalogue/Wing-Bands.html

Are you talking about an insulating coating on the outside of the antenna? If so, I have not seen a single one that has such a coating.
post #156 of 162
All Apple has to do is to give out free samples of Scotch tape to taper over the antenna divide on the lower left corner.

This completely solves the problem.

Period.

Simple.

It costs less than 1 cent.

Done.
post #157 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by crift2012 View Post

hmm, first post, bought an iphone 4 with issues, came to apple forum...i think google is paying people pretty well these days to post to apple fan sites... btw you are wasting your time...people on here either own many apple products, or they come to despise the people that do..


crift, stop being an idiot.

person did nothing wrong, just mentioned his experience.

you, on the other hand, come across as a complete moron. blindly posting fanboi bullshit and attacking anyone who's not licking apple's ass. ASS!

post #158 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

That's exactly what I said earlier today. I assume they'll look at the design of the phone to see if they can improve the issue, but for the million plus units that are already manufactured, if a bumper solves the problem (and it sure sounds like it does) then they can give free bumpers to people that complain about the problem.

Again, I think they need to look at changing the design going forward, but assuming that bumpers do solve the problem I don't see why they'd be on the hook for anything beyond that.

we were told 30 x stronger and scratch resistent. But the bumpers don't protect the front or back, just the sides and it's starting to read like Apple knew off the droped call,,'thuscthe bumpers. Hmm. Hincky.

Edit. It appears the "no such article bug" still exists on the forum iPhone view. Had to go to full site to see ciomments. Anyone else?
post #159 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avidfcp View Post

we were told 30 x stronger and scratch resistent.

There seems to be an issue with the choice of materials used:
http://gizmodo.com/5572546/design-te...fragile-beauty
post #160 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

Thanks for the laugh. I read most of your posts in this thread and clearly you are another one with your head firmly up your ass and no clue what you are talking about except blindly defending Apple at all cost.

...and have more Apple stock then 90% of this forum combined.

I gotta' challenge that--I suspect I lost more on AAPL today than you rate worth!

.
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › 'Worst case' in iPhone reception issue: Apple gives away bumpers