or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 Review: 1 - Hardware Fit & Finish
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iPhone 4 Review: 1 - Hardware Fit & Finish - Page 2

post #41 of 338
"Unlike previous iPhones, there's no cheap plastic back cover...blah blah blah...but retained that same cheap looking plastic body"

It never was "cheap plastic" before when the iPhone 3G and 3GS came out. What a douche thing to say...it does read like an advertisement, forcing those who have "cheap plastic" iPhones to upgrade because it is now a published fact on the internet that they own cheap plastic crap. The author must base his value as a human being on what Apple product he owns.
post #42 of 338
What if this were a Microsoft product? What if it were, say, the Xphone 360 - and it had the antennas wrapped around the outside, and when you held it in your hand like you might hold an iPod, or a deck of cards (you know, normally), the thing lost its signal?

I think that Mr Dilger would wear his fingers to the nubs writing a seventeen page article deriding the design and castigating Microsoft for their idiocy.

He'd praise Apple for designing products for humans, not test subjects, and say that a phone that hangs up simply by being held in the hand is something Apple would never do and so very typical of Microsoft's corporate focus-group tested sludge.

And what if a frustrated Xphone 360 owner emailed Steve Ballmer, and Ballmer replied, "Just don't hold it in that way?" I think Dan might have a stroke. His mind would erupt with such paroxysms of invective as to cause his brain to short-circuit before he could even log in to Roughlydrafted.

Doctors would never be able to revive him, let alone wipe the smile from his face.

But alas, this is an iPhone, not a Microsoft phone. And it was Jobs, not Ballmer who made the "did he just say that?" statement of the year. And because it's Apple - and Apple is infallible - then by definition there is no problem with this device - none worth mentioning anyway.

Any issues we see must be our fault. Our fault for not being pure. Our fault for not having the appropriate reverence for this magical device.

Our fault for being conductive.
post #43 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by halhiker View Post

There are some designs that Apple comes out with that I just don't love. This is one of them. The glass seems like it'll be a problem. Of all the iPhone designs I like this one the least.

Face Time seems incomplete. It needs to work as a phone call AND as iChat, not a combination of both while being neither. I guess a software update can fix that but it seems silly to have to switch from a phone call to WiFi.

The metal rim feels weird in the hand and the edge is a bit too sharp. I don't understand why they did not make the metal thinner and bring it flush with the glass. I just doesn't look good to me.

The screen is spectacular but it doesn't make THAT much difference on such a small screen. I know it'll be a year before the next phone but I guess I'll have to wait.

Of course, the iPad will probably be getting a camera when it gets updated and there's got to be a new Mac Pro right around the corner so it may best if I save my Apple budget for the future.

I'm with ya on the iPad, wifi. I want one for the coffee shop or lying in bed reading
and ichating with the kids. I'll wait for the camera. I use an iMac at home, hard wired to dsl. Guess i'll have to buy a new wireless router. I use a cheep pre paid
phone sparinglly. O'h yes i'm retired nothing but Mac's since 1984. (Orwelling huh.)
post #44 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cazorp View Post

What if this were a Microsoft product? What if it were, say, the Xphone 360 - and it had the antennas wrapped around the outside, and when you held it in your hand like you might hold an iPod, or a deck of cards (you know, normally), the thing lost its signal?

I think that Mr Dilger would wear his fingers to the nubs writing a seventeen page article deriding the design and castigating Microsoft for their idiocy.

He'd praise Apple for designing products for humans, not test subjects, and say that a phone that hangs up simply by being held in the hand is something Apple would never do and so very typical of Microsoft's corporate focus-group tested sludge.

And what if a frustrated Xphone 360 owner emailed Steve Ballmer, and Ballmer replied, "Just don't hold it in that way?" I think Dan might have a stroke. His mind would erupt with such paroxysms of invective as to cause his brain to short-circuit before he could even log in to Roughlydrafted.

Doctors would never be able to revive him, let alone wipe the smile from his face.

But alas, this is an iPhone, not a Microsoft phone. And it was Jobs, not Ballmer who made the "did he just say that?" statement of the year. And because it's Apple - and Apple is infallible - then by definition there is no problem with this device - none worth mentioning anyway.

Any issues we see must be our fault. Our fault for not being pure. Our fault for not having the appropriate reverence for this magical device.

Our fault for being conductive.

It wouldn't be funny if it wasn't true.
post #45 of 338
I hope the antennas are fixed on the white ones.
post #46 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutcho View Post

Honestly, the author epitomizes "fanboyness", although we can expect nothing less as every article on this site is the same. No criticism, only praise. Really, can't you for once show a bit of journalistic integrity and write a somewhat objective article? Praising virtually every component of every Apple product is, frankly, sickening and pathetic. Give yourself a douchebag high 5 on the way out..

I don't have anything to add to your comment; I just want it to get repeated again...
post #47 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by caliminius View Post

I don't have anything to add to your comment; I just want it to get repeated again...

But you just repeated it for the first time, not the second time (again).
post #48 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscottmyers View Post


You can like Apple or hate Apple all you want, but there's no arguing that they definitely understand "Design".


actually, considering all this hoopla around the dropped calls/weak signals when held a certain way ...
maybe Apple doesn't understand "design" 100% --- 99.99% I'll give them that much, lol

post #49 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmcc View Post

Jesus, Daniel. You're so far up Steve Jobs ass, it's hard to tell where he leaves off and you begin. You need to move out of your mom's basement and get a life.

Okay, I want this one repeated too...
post #50 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apparently if you have hands, and you hold it like a regular iPhone, you are unworthy to use it.

The iPhone 4 doesn't meet your standard for a smart phone, obviously. Perhaps it has become too smart and that makes it less of a phone for your need. You seem to be a person of high expectations for others, and little censorship over your own limitations. Based on your obnoxious soliloquy, I suspect your common sense antenna is deeply buried within your sour ego. Do an 'iPhone 4' on it, let it out for 'hands on', fruitful, if not apple, smart talk.

The iPhone is engineered to cater to the non geek, industrious, creative and adaptable mind. It is built for me, the whole of me. I can adapt, and, let it be known to my left hand, so will it.
post #51 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichL View Post

The reason why the iPhone 3G/3GS had a plastic back hasn't got anything to do with reducing costs. The real reason, surprise surprise, it's down to our friend Mr. Antenna again. The signal propagates through plastic better than it does metal (or skin ).

This is why virtually all cell phones are at least partially made from plastic. Cost is very much a secondary concern.

That is true for most other phones, but aside from the death grip thing, the reception is actually better for a lot of people with the new design (see quote below). Heck even The Dark Lord (Brian Lam) over at Gizmodo finds the signal a lot better for him in his house now. I wonder if he sees the irony in spending those 3 hours of extra coverage and battery time on his new iPhone to spread FUD about the device. Probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

Spot on review. This new iPhone 4 is a huge leap. The screen size isn't any bigger but you get so much more out of it, it often feels bigger, especially on the web.

I live in converted old barns with nearly 2 feet thick stone walls and now get great reception on wifi all through the house and all around it, whereas it was spotty on my old 3G.

I switched carrier from O2 to Vodafone and again now get complete data, and voice, coverage indoors and complete and faster coverage outdoors. How much that has to do with the new design I don't know but it's much more noticeable than I had anticipated.

I could go on and on, I'm thrilled by this thing!

Whilst I agree that the death grip thing is a bit of a worry I have high hopes that it can be fixed with a software or firmware update. If not, I would have got an invisible shield or case for it anyway as I am generally pretty rough with my kit. Either option solves the grip problem.

Or, as I mentioned in a previous post, a small strip of clear tape over the junction points around the edge is a cheap fix too in the meantime.

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply
post #52 of 338
Dan's review is dead on to my own experience after using the iPhone 4 for two days now. Along with the iPad it is perhaps the best electronic device I have ever owned. Dan mentions that Jobs likened the fit and finish of the new phone to that of Leica cameras. As an owner of a couple of Leicas, I must concur. In fact when I first picked up the phone yesterday, Leica was exactly what came to mind. This is absolutely mindblowing considering that the iPhone is a mass produced product that is manufactured by the millions, not hand built in Germany like the Leica. Truly astounding.

I absolutely love the phone and have had zero issues. I'm sure some folks are having real problems with the antenna issue but I suspect that it is wildly overblown and over-represented in the blogosphere. Not only have I not had a single dropped call since I got the new phone-- a vast improvement over the 3GS-- but try as I might, I have not been able to reproduce the signal loss even once-- no matter how I handle the phone. I suspect there are lots more iPhone 4 owners with my experience than those who are having issues.

I do agree however, that El Jobso's response was probably ill advised-- even if it was accurate. This is probably more than a minor PR problem for the company, but I suspect it will blow over as most of these hysterical responses to Apple products usually do.
post #53 of 338
I can see the skeleton of Microsoft.

Apple may need to calm itself down a bit. Face is a f-ing joke. it been done in Australia for more than 4 years.

i think this video sums up my feelings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SMP2LnmkEs
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
post #54 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterboy View Post

I do agree however, that El Jobso's response was probably ill advised-- even if it was accurate. This is probably more than a minor PR problem for the company, but I suspect it will blow over as most of these hysterical responses to Apple products usually do.

Don't kid yourself, I know a few people who were looking at the iPhone 4 and are now looking elsewhere. I'm one of them. People may be technologically naive, but they aren't that stupid. Apple fucked up, this is going to haunt them unless they seriously address it. And I mean publicly. If people don't hear: "the issue is now fixed", they'll have doubts about the iPhone 4. Steve's answer is an insult. They may have sold 1.5M already, but word is spreading about the antenna issue, and sales will slow down rapidly.

In my view anyone who accepts Steve's suggestion you either hold it a different way or buy a case (to mask the problem) is dumb. Yes, dumb. Apple fucked up here on a major level if this proves to be the design issue people think it is. They made a mistake (if it's the case), they should be man enough to take the heat and fix up. You know the phrase 'pride can kill a man', will Apple is letting pride stop them admitting this.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #55 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Whilst I agree that the death grip thing is a bit of a worry I have high hopes that it can be fixed with a software or firmware update. If not, I would have got an invisible shield or case for it anyway as I am generally pretty rough with my kit. Either option solves the grip problem.

Or, as I mentioned in a previous post, a small strip of clear tape over the junction points around the edge is a cheap fix too in the meantime.

Apple doesn't need to fix the problem, people like you will cover their ass. What is it with people taking it lying down from Apple? Don't be sheep. Wake up and hold Apple's feet to the fire. I personally expected more from Steve and Apple. Their response is troubling. If it turns out their response doesn't change I won't be able to look at them quite in the same way again.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #56 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't kid yourself, I know a few people who were looking at the iPhone 4 and are now looking elsewhere. I'm one of them. People may be technologically naive, but they aren't that stupid. Apple fucked up, this is going to haunt them unless they seriously address it.

iOS update Monday.
post #57 of 338
I'm not an iPhone 4 owner, but I play one on T.V. Actually, mine is on order by mail. I went to my Apple Store yesterday to get some earbuds, and got a chance to play with the 4 briefly. My first impression was how solid it felt in the hand. I have had all three previous models, and thought they were solid, they feel hollow compared to this baby. It's really quite remarkable. Can't wait to put mine into service.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #58 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

iOS update Monday.

i will hold that against you
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
Happy DiNo ***MAC Pro*** 2X 3.2GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 32GB RAM Mac Pro RAID Card 2 X 300GB 15,000-rpm SAS 2 X 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3GB/s NVIDIAQuadro FX 5600 1.5GB 2X 16x S-Drives AirPort...
Reply
post #59 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stkorean View Post

Dan from the way your article reads I would almost think you were masturbating and getting off all over this thing. You need to loosen your grip a bit.

I was reading the 'Dan' review article and I actually got a BONER (no lies) while I read his piece

D--------D---
post #60 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berp View Post

The iPhone 4 doesn't meet your standard for a smart phone, obviously.

No, I can't hold it like I hold a regular iPhone, according to Apple's CEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berp View Post

Perhaps it has become too smart and that makes it less of a phone for your need.

Smart? By being designed in such a way that you have to think about how you're holding it when you pick it up? You're a ridiculous person. If you're going to use a forum to insult someone's intelligence, make sure you choose a better username than: Berp.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #61 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra 610 View Post

iOS update Monday.

We'll see if it comes, and then we'll see if it fixes anything.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #62 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Or, as I mentioned in a previous post, a small strip of clear tape over the junction points around the edge is a cheap fix too in the meantime.

I just tried for the first time two different tapes, masking tape and electrical tape. Neither made any difference. From three bars with internet to "No Service" in seconds. That's not what I had been expecting.

edit: I covered the area so that the tapes completely covered all my skin on the left side from half way down the phone to along the bottom.
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
"Islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog"~ Sir Winston Churchill. We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
Reply
post #63 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't kid yourself, I know a few people who were looking at the iPhone 4 and are now looking elsewhere. I'm one of them. People may be technologically naive, but they aren't that stupid. Apple fucked up, this is going to haunt them unless they seriously address it. And I mean publicly. If people don't hear: "the issue is now fixed", they'll have doubts about the iPhone 4. Steve's answer is an insult. They may have sold 1.5M already, but word is spreading about the antenna issue, and sales will slow down rapidly.

I know word is spreading - primarily from the rabid. It certainly seems that most people who actually "have" iPhone 4 are seeing it as a minor problem in light of the other significant merits of the phone. That being said apple definitely has to do something about it as you mention - the noise chamber alone is worthy of a response with so many of the vocal non-iPhone having crowd want it to fail.
post #64 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple doesn't need to fix the problem, people like you will cover their ass. What is it with people taking it lying down from Apple? Don't be sheep. Wake up and hold Apple's feet to the fire. I personally expected more from Steve and Apple. Their response is troubling. If it turns out their response doesn't change I won't be able to look at them quite in the same way again.

Ireland, with respect, your comments are becoming a little petulant. I'm not covering anyone or any company's 'ass'. I was simply stating that I think the whole issue is overblown and that I, and a lot of other people were going to use a case anyway it so it won't be a problem for us. Thats it.

This isn't the end of the world, its just a bug on a phone that may be fixed with an update, or it may not. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or flame up forums because that won't really solve anything. Life is too short mate. If you want to get a Droid phone then all power to you and I look forward to hearing from the old happier Ireland on these boards with some intelligent comments on it.

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply
post #65 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunabku View Post

I know word is spreading - primarily from the rabid. It certainly seems that most people who actually "have" iPhone 4 are seeing it as a minor problem in light of the other significant merits of the phone. That being said apple definitely has to do something about it as you mention - the noise chamber alone is worthy of a response with so many of the vocal non-iPhone having crowd want it to fail.

There's a difference between wanting it to fail and it doing that all by itself. You seem concerned what Android users and the likes think? I couldn't give two shits what they think. I just want an iPhone 4 without a flawed antenna. Everything else about the phone is great.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #66 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Ireland, with respect, your comments are becoming a little petulant. I'm not covering anyone or any company's 'ass'. I was simply stating that I think the whole issue is overblown and that I, and a lot of other people were going to use a case anyway it so it won't be a problem for us. Thats it.

This isn't the end of the world, its just a bug on a phone that may be fixed with an update, or it may not. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or flame up forums because that won't really solve anything. Life is too short mate. If you want to get a Droid phone then all power to you and I look forward to hearing from the old happier Ireland on these boards with some intelligent comments on it.

Thanks for the update, I thought the world was going to end.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Reply
post #67 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Apple doesn't need to fix the problem, people like you will cover their ass. What is it with people taking it lying down from Apple? Don't be sheep. Wake up and hold Apple's feet to the fire. I personally expected more from Steve and Apple. Their response is troubling. If it turns out their response doesn't change I won't be able to look at them quite in the same way again.

Ireland. I have to ask. Do you actually own an iPhone 4? And if you do, instead of all the anger, I suggest you take the phone back and get a refund. You shouldn't have to put up with a phone that doesn't meet your needs.

Good engineering requires making appropriate compromises to achieve the most balanced and sellable product. I highly doubt that Apple was unaware of this antenna issue. They chose this design for a variety of no doubt highly informed reasons. If they chose poorly, and it affects a huge number of people in an adverse way, it will result in poor sales. I'm not saying that they haven't made the wrong compromises here. Maybe it will be proven that they did. But it's not unlike the decision to keep Flash off the iOS products. The Flash decision will keep a certain number of people from buying Apple products. But on balance Apple thinks that their product is better without Flash.

Ultimately, time will tell how this antenna issue will pan out. But given Jobs' response yesterday, they were obviously aware of the compromise they had made and rightly or wrongly went ahead with the design.
post #68 of 338
This community never fails to crack me up.

No flash on the iPhone? If Apple doesn't want me to have it, I don't want it.
At first no mms. Ah, who wants it.
No tethering for three years? Nope, didn't want that either.
AT&T exclusive carrier and there is poor coverage? I didn't want to make phone calls anyway.

This one is the best.

My calls drop when I use my left hand. Steve Jobs says, "Don't hold it that way."

Well, if Apple doesn't want me to use my left hand, then guess what? I didn't want to use it anyway.

Love ya guys, have a nice weekend.
post #69 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzandbitez View Post

I was reading the 'Dan' review article and I actually got a BONER (no lies) while I read his piece

D--------D---

I think I just threw up a little bit in my mind.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Reply
post #70 of 338
People have very high expectations for Apple products. It IS a premium brand. Some would say THE premium brand in its field. When there is a perceived flaw, people react.

Life is filled with compromises. At least for those of us who don't make more money than we have the ability to spend. We'll never know the satisfaction of owning a Bentley. I guess smart phones are one area where we can have the same level of quality as the richest guy in the world, and we have the same expectation of perfection he does.

Poor Steve, having to deal with millions of people who behave as though they own the place!
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
Reply
post #71 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thanks for the update, I thought the world was going to end.

Yeah, I noticed.


I was serious about the Android review though. We have only very recently got them here.

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply
post #72 of 338
You cannot claim this is a fanboy article. It's about the fit and finish, and the author actually mentioned the reception issues (which he didn't need to in the context of the article).

The article stated that the fit and finish are beautiful.

To the critics in this thread, I ask you: exactly what criticism of the fit and finish would you write about the iPhone 4?
post #73 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

I just tried for the first time two different tapes, masking tape and electrical tape. Neither made any difference. From three bars with internet to "No Service" in seconds. That's not what I had been expecting.

edit: I covered the area so that the tapes completely covered all my skin on the left side from half way down the phone to along the bottom.

Really? That's interesting. Perhaps it depends on the tape used?

It is a bit of a 'rugged' fix anyway. I saw a guy on MR who used a cut up strip of unused invisible shield.

Have you tried using them? I heard they are meant to work here.
Another brand to try is bestskinever. I have never tried them personally but I might have a look at them for my next phone.

In the meantime, here's hoping for a download solution from Cupertino..

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply

Save your friends from Skynet - whoops, Google.  Recommend they use StartPage for search..

...and no, I am not paid to say this..

Reply
post #74 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

Ireland, with respect, your comments are becoming a little petulant. I'm not covering anyone or any company's 'ass'. I was simply stating that I think the whole issue is overblown and that I, and a lot of other people were going to use a case anyway it so it won't be a problem for us. Thats it.

This isn't the end of the world, its just a bug on a phone that may be fixed with an update, or it may not. I'm not going to lose any sleep over it or flame up forums because that won't really solve anything. Life is too short mate. If you want to get a Droid phone then all power to you and I look forward to hearing from the old happier Ireland on these boards with some intelligent comments on it.

Well said.
post #75 of 338
I have zero issues with mine. if you don't have this phone, i don't think you can comment, imho.

anyway, i think its all FUD by the vapor froyo boys. 2.2 is still not here, but it's a killer... lol
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Reply
:-D * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Reply
post #76 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Don't kid yourself, I know a few people who were looking at the iPhone 4 and are now looking elsewhere. I'm one of them.

You have a problem with reception? Buy a case.

Could there be a simpler, cheaper solution? Hand wringing and tooth gnashing are inefficient solutions.

For me, one of the funnest bits of getting a new iDevice is trying to figure out what case to get! I probably spent ten times the effort deciding which iPad case to get vs. actually deciding to get an iPad.

An M-Edge Touring Sleeve (bright green):
http://www.medgestore.com/products/ipad-touring.psp
An Incipio feather hard shell case (purple!):
http://www.myincipio.com/product/IPA...---Purple.html
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
Macintosh: It just WORKS!
Reply
post #77 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

There's a difference between wanting it to fail and it doing that all by itself. You seem concerned what Android users and the likes think? I couldn't give two shits what they think. I just want an iPhone 4 without a flawed antenna. Everything else about the phone is great.

Perhaps if you waited a few weeks, for a little later in the production cycle, you may have your wish? Why are you so impatient?

You make it sound like it's life-or-death or now-or-never when it's neither.
post #78 of 338
[QUOTE=Ireland;1662538
Smart? By being designed in such a way that you have to think about how you're holding it when you pick it up? You're a ridiculous person. If you're going to use a forum to insult someone's intelligence, make sure you choose a better username than: Berp.[/QUOTE]

You can call me names... as long as they are mine.

As for a better username for this ridiculous person, would 'ire' land me a kiss on the cheek or a kick in the butt?
post #79 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseymac View Post

This community never fails to crack me up.

That must explain why you hang out here.
post #80 of 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Huber View Post

People have very high expectations for Apple products. It IS a premium brand.

I agree that Apple Computers are a 'premium brand.'

In what way is the iPhone a premium brand, compared to it's (true) competition, considering the total cost of ownership through a typical contract period (and not even factoring its higher resale value)?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone 4 Review: 1 - Hardware Fit & Finish