or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Nokia pokes at iPhone 4 death grip, gets called on it

Nokia pokes at iPhone 4 death grip, gets called on it - Page 5

post #161 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I don't remember Apple ever saying that cameras wouldn't work with PC's. Can you show where they said that? If they implied that they were, in general, more difficult to use with PC's, they were right. They would still be right. That was my business for years. PC's were, and still are, though less so today, more difficult to set up for these sorts of things.

Well, that was a cleverness of Get a Mac adds - they didn't say anything, they only implied. It is still very misleading, I believe. For average (clueless) buyer, commercial that portraits PC as not being able to communicate with camera cannot generate too many different opinions, even if it didn't say anything specific. Not being able is not the same as having difficulties, and having difficulties - again - is not the same as having to install driver first... not that any modern digital camera really needs any drivers to be installed anyway.

XP was leaving something to be desired when it came to driver's installation - I wouldn't say they were complicated beyond the comprehension of average user, but simpler they could be... but XP is 10 years old technology. W7, I think, does things right - all the hardware I have plugged on my home and office machines were detected and correctly installed without my input - didn't even require drivers CD. Sure people will come across hardware that will require drivers CD or drivers download, but that comes with the choice of hardware available.
post #162 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

The only problem with your diatribe is that Apple never claimed that digital cameras wouldn't work with PCs - or even implied it.

That's the problem with you Apple haters - you see things that aren't there and then pretend that Apple is evil based on the things you imagine.

Of course not. PC guy not being able to communicate with "new Japanese camera" is not saying nor implying anything. It's all about blue sky, green grass and birds and bees.

Regarding Apple-hater part... yeah, I realise that is favourite "argument" for number of Apple fans, but it doesn't stand the ground. I am 3Gs user. My wife is 3Gs user after my recommendation. I'm guessing that would qualify me as non-hater, but worshipper I ain't either.

Quote:
So we've now established that your opinion on the subject is worthless. Please feel free to post again if you ever use a Mac and have some factual basis for discussion.

Ooh, you couldn't come out with anything better, now, could you? At least I'm being honest. I'm wondering how many PC "haters" here have even less experience on Vista and W7 but are even less shy to state their opinion on those subjects.

Why don't you instead, for example, educate me on how easy is it to install new hardware on Macs... and what hardware would that be?
post #163 of 168
Speaking of iPhone 4, don't know if anyone noticed - very nice and detailed review at:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3794/t...one-4-review/1
post #164 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfanning View Post

I already have, but for whatever reason, you won't accept it. I have finished discussing this topic, I can see you are too childish to accept a simple mistake you have made, that is a characteristic that a lot of people on this site exhibit.

Such as yourself. I'll just regard you as a troller from now on.
post #165 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikon133 View Post

Well, that was a cleverness of Get a Mac adds - they didn't say anything, they only implied. It is still very misleading, I believe. For average (clueless) buyer, commercial that portraits PC as not being able to communicate with camera cannot generate too many different opinions, even if it didn't say anything specific. Not being able is not the same as having difficulties, and having difficulties - again - is not the same as having to install driver first... not that any modern digital camera really needs any drivers to be installed anyway.

XP was leaving something to be desired when it came to driver's installation - I wouldn't say they were complicated beyond the comprehension of average user, but simpler they could be... but XP is 10 years old technology. W7, I think, does things right - all the hardware I have plugged on my home and office machines were detected and correctly installed without my input - didn't even require drivers CD. Sure people will come across hardware that will require drivers CD or drivers download, but that comes with the choice of hardware available.

What too many people here don't seem to understand, is that for the average person, difficult means the same thing as "impossible".

I've had to help droves of otherwise intelligent people set up printers, cameras, and everything under the sun, that they could have done in five minutes themselves, but couldn't. There is something about computers that frightens most people. Apple's Ads were correct, for the average person, setting up many things on a PC is way too difficult. MS and many developers have been criticized over this fact by industry people for decades now. Installers often have way too many options. The average person has no idea what they mean.

As I said, it's better now, but I'm still installing way too much PC stuff that DOES come with overly complex install software, far more so than on a Mac.
post #166 of 168
post #167 of 168
Nokia N97 mini death grip video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvCQfQxiPM
post #168 of 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastcomet View Post

Nokia N97 mini death grip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZvCQfQxiPM

Good find.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Nokia pokes at iPhone 4 death grip, gets called on it