or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple

Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple

post #1 of 88
If Apple wasn't saddled with iPhone 4 production constraints, launch sales could have gone as high as 2.5 million, one analyst believes. And if limited stock continues, it could open Apple up to a "competitive risk," according to a new analysis.

iSuppli says limited supply could hurt Apple

iSuppli Corp. on Tuesday said that Apple's inability to meet demand for the iPhone 4 could be problematic for the company if issues continue. They said it could prompt "frustrated customers" to consider switching to a competing smartphone.

"While the channel supply issue might not impact total iPhone sales for the entire year, what is happening now certainly has done some damage to the Apple brand," said Tina Teng, senior analyst for wireless communications at iSuppli. "Consumers, questioning Apple's supply chain management capability, have started to look for alternative devices. In particular, consumers are not satisfied with Apple's response to the antenna issue causing poor reception and dropped calls."

iSuppli believes that 21.7 million of the 42.6 million iPhones Apple will sell this year will be its latest model, the iPhone 4. But the report said the huge demand for the new handset has come at a cost for Apple.

As evidence of events that could drive away frustrated customers, the report cited technical issues that prevented some from preordering an iPhone 4 on the first day, and cause AT&T to suspend its orders entirely after 24 hours. Customers turned out in droves last week at Apple stores to be among the first to own the iPhone 4, and those lines grew again Tuesday as AT&T began accepting first-come, first-served orders at its retail locations. Strong demand has also forced Apple to advertise a three-week wait for new iPhone 4 orders.

Teng said that manufacturers should learn from Apple that any product launch can come with a number of unexpected issues.

"The lesson here is manufacturers beware," she said.

Kaufman Bros.: Apple's iPhone 4 could have sold 2.5M at launch

Analyst Shaw Wu issued a note to investors Tuesday in which he said if it weren't for production constraints, he believes iPhone 4 shipments would have been between 2 million and 2.5 million. Apple announced on Monday that it sold 1.7 million of the iPhone 4 in its first three days. That soundly beat the previous records of 1 million held by the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS.

Unlike iSuppli, Wu does not believe customers are very likely to choose an alternative smartphone due to supply issues.

"At this point, we remain comfortable with our forecast looking for 9 million total iPhone units for the June quarter and 40 million for (calendar) 2010," Wu wrote. "The one risk we see is continued supply issues due to production constraints. We are not as concerned with demand generation nor competition."

The analyst also spoke once again on the iPhone 4 antenna issue that continues to gain publicity. Last week, he said that the "worst case" for Apple would be that the Cupertino, Calif., company gives away free protective cases for the handset with little financial impact. On Tuesday, he reiterated that belief.

"In terms of the antenna reception issue caused apparently by human contact with the external antennas, there has been speculation that a software fix could be in the works," he said. "If not, we again do not believe this is that big of a deal in that most users opt to have a case anyway to protect their iPhone and to customize to their personal preferences."
post #2 of 88
Yes.. I'm sure Apple has grave concerns about selling phones faster then they can make them... lol
post #3 of 88
These analysts are full of it. Sometimes I wonder if their true motivation is to artificially drive down AAPL stock prices so new investors can pick some up.

Nevertheless, I am sure Apple is not worried that they are making money hand over foot
post #4 of 88
Yes, when your products fly off the shelves it does kind of limit the scope of your competitors' criticisms to the trivial and the absurd.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
A.k.a. AppleHead on other forums.
post #5 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppingmaster View Post

These analysts are full of it. Sometimes I wonder if their true motivation is to artificially drive down AAPL stock prices so new investors can pick some up.

Nevertheless, I am sure Apple is not worried that they are making money hand over foot

"Sometimes wonder"??
What do you think the whole antenna FUD campaign is about?
And judging by today's $12 drop, its working.

Buying opportunity.
post #6 of 88
Terrible news.

Apple will sell every phone it makes.

Apple brand takes a hit due to bad press about unavailable phones.

Apple sells every phone it makes.
post #7 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronHeadSlim View Post

Apple sells every phone it makes.

Not entirely true.

Apple sells all the phones it can make for the first couple of months after launch and then the situation settles down - and they are able to keep up. That's why it's not a big issue - customers have to wait a little while in June and July, but there will eventually be enough phones for everyone.

If Apple was ALWAYS unable to keep up with demand, it would be a more serious issue - they would be losing sales to the competition.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #8 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorybalmer View Post

Yes.. I'm sure Apple has grave concerns about selling phones faster then they can make them... lol

Believe it or not, they should... and because they are smart, they do. Every sale that you can't make to a willing customer at the moment they want to buy, is potentially a lost sale. Some will wait, but others have needs now and will go elsewhere. Bottom line, an inability to satisfy demand with your products is a gift to your competitors.

That said, the economy being what it is, no company is going to want to be stuck with excess inventory, so they are even more conservative than they might otherwise be in production. The risk is they won't have enough stock on hand if the product is a big hit right out the gate.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #9 of 88
Quote:

Nonsense. It's a real concern. Blindness to the concern does not make unreal.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #10 of 88
Apple began to learn back in the 80s that you don't overproduce hardware if at all possible. Remember the Lisa and how the entire inventory was dumped in a landfill? Granted they don't have a dog on their hands with the iPhone, but their sales are exceeding even the Wall Street expectations, and it isn't like they are constraining production. Seems like they are trying to build them as fast as they can (in addition to iPads and Macs), but they couldn't build them 6 months ago (before designs etc. were finished) and stockpile them in a warehouse till now. They'd have had more than the Gizmodo model slipping out, and somebody screaming about how Apple is hoarding them and should have released them sooner if they already had them made etc. etc. etc.
post #11 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQB View Post

"Sometimes wonder"??

Buying opportunity.

Have you, by chance, looked at what other technology stocks are doing today? They are all down about 3%. The whole market is tanking today. Your theory has no credibility.
post #12 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrupp View Post

Have you, by chance, looked at what other technology stocks are doing today? They are all down about 3%. The whole market is tanking today. Your theory has no credibility.

I wonder how many of our local stock market conspiracy theorists ever look any stock price that isn't listed on the front page of AI.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #13 of 88
The argument about short supplies driving people to competition holds very little water (but still holds some). Vast majority of people who were/are rushing to buy iPhone 4 are people who were waiting for it, or have heard rave reviews of it, and have decided they want it. They want IT (not an Android, or anything else). Among all those who are now going to Apple (or AT&T) stores to buy an iPhone, there will be a minuscule number of people who just happen to need (or want) to buy a smartphone at this particular time (a first purchase, or a refresh), and have decided to go get an iPhone, even though they don't know much about it, and don't really care too much one way or the other. In other words, those people who have heard good things of the device, but aren't nearly as passionate as the rest of the early buyers to go out of their way to get it. If they can't get it in the store on the day they go in, they may consider alternatives: "So you don't have this one in stock, but you have this other one, and you say it's the same, it will give me e-mail, web, music, videos?" And these may end up buying an Android device, totally oblivious to the difference between iPhone and Android.

It is a negligible number of people, and it is these people of which the analysts are talking.
post #14 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

I wonder how many of our local stock market conspiracy theorists ever look any stock price that isn't listed on the front page of AI.

Probably 2-3%.

Things like broad market declines, the Greek debt fiasco, or the entire tech sector getting hammered simply don't register with these people. Being up to date on current affairs isn't part of their worldview.
post #15 of 88
I can see this from both angles.

First Google has claimed that they are shipping 160,000 devices a day up from 100,000. It is clear they are accelerating sales and that even with Apple's huge initial numbers, they might match them unit for unit as well. Anything that helps Google and harms Apple here has to be taken into account including Apple's possible loss of sales due to inability to get enough product.

Second, Apple has more than one i-device to update and inability to meet demand for one could affect the rollout of the other. September is traditionally the month that the iPod Touch is updated. Clearly people are expecting big things for it given the iPhone update. It is also good because it allows Apple to keep customers who might not be willing to shell out for a smartphone data plan (the kids) or they are unwilling to go with AT&T. Also it is important that Apple have both product lines in place and producing enough to meet demand before the big Christmas season.

So it isn't a stretch to say that if you couldn't get an updated iPhone and couldn't get an updated iPod Touch, that you might be willing to at least look at an alternative.

Now some of those alternatives are having issues as well, but others are not. HTC is having lots of trouble keeping Droid Incredibles supplied for Verizon and has had to switch screen suppliers. They are also having trouble keeping Sprint up with EVO's. It appears Motorola might benefit from this because there is talk people are cancelling orders from Incredibles and putting them down for DroidX's and Droid 2's.

Even if someone wants to stay within the total Apple ecosphere, pretty much everyone knows what Apple is doing at this stage. They update once a year. They could choose to do more than one update, but if they can't pull off this one, then how can they pull off a second, and also if everyone can anticipate Apple's moves and you've been pushed off from enjoying your new iPhone 4 for three months due to delays while you own a 3GS, you might just decide to wait it out and make sure you have that update in place for the iPhone 5 which even though you would still be buying Apple it would be viewed as a lost sale.

I'm personally of the view that Apple intentionally declocked the iPhone 4's CPU and will upclock it mid-year along with perhaps some other addition (colors?) in an attempt to create more even demand throughout the year.

One last issue that has to be thrown in there is that many analysts keep floating the Verizon rumor because it is a path of easy growth. I'm personally of the view that Apple isn't going to make a CDMA phone ever. It clearly isn't hard to write code for nor impliment a second type of radio chip. Apple has decided that CDMA is their second hardware mouse button. They just aren't going to go there. However for those hoping they will go there, if they can't create enough GSM iPhones for the world, they certainly won't be able to add CDMA into the mix so that sort of puts a stop to the rumors there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #16 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by freqsound View Post

Apple began to learn back in the 80s that you don't overproduce hardware if at all possible. Remember the Lisa and how the entire inventory was dumped in a landfill? Granted they don't have a dog on their hands with the iPhone, but their sales are exceeding even the Wall Street expectations, and it isn't like they are constraining production. Seems like they are trying to build them as fast as they can (in addition to iPads and Macs), but they couldn't build them 6 months ago (before designs etc. were finished) and stockpile them in a warehouse till now. They'd have had more than the Gizmodo model slipping out, and somebody screaming about how Apple is hoarding them and should have released them sooner if they already had them made etc. etc. etc.

Wonder how many Evos have been sold. Supply must not be an issue because they are not flying off the shelf, I suspect.

Apple was vulnerable to todays market action as were all the high beta tech stocks. GOOG also hurting and is still way down from top. A lost of this is program selling with the day traders likely shorting on the follow through. Few, if any, large cap stocks are having anywhere near the profit or revenue growth. And about the time the iPhone4 sales start to slow, I expect to see a VZ phone. Apple has to be ready for a 2mill launch day on VZ.

My 2 cents.
post #17 of 88
Quote:

It's more than just technology, everything I have is down. I haven't had time to look at all the financial news, is there one specific reason for this drop today?
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #18 of 88
FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD. FUD.

This is so much FUD it borders on the absurd!

iPhone buyers are not all Android buyers. This is launch hype.

Apple has stock = iPhone not selling = bad
Apple is sold out = customers are switching to other phones = bad

What's left? Shoot these analysts, please!
post #19 of 88
Got turned away at ATT store this am due to long lines and not enough iphones.

I doubt Apple has much to worry about. No similar lines for Android phones nor similar demand. Same for RIM, Nokia, Microsoft.
post #20 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjvc View Post

Got turned away at ATT store this am due to long lines and not enough iphones.

I doubt Apple has much to worry about. No similar lines for Android phones nor similar demand. Same for RIM, Nokia, Microsoft.

Welcome to the forum.

Does anyone remember when there were lines around the corner for Windows 95?
post #21 of 88
"Because people want the iPhone 4 so bad, they'll get something else!"

Wait, what!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQB View Post

"Sometimes wonder"??

Buying opportunity.

Part antenna, mostly global market.
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good.
  Samuel Johnson
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone that can do him absolutely no good.
  Samuel Johnson
post #22 of 88
Over 75% of initial sales were repeat iPhone customers. First that indicates that the previous versions were good enough to get the customers back into the fold.

Second it makes it pretty difficult to argue that these customers will be moving to a different platform if they have to wait for their phone.

As for the other 20% - only those who are in a major need for a mobile phone fast will look around, or borrow a loaner for a short time.
Ken
Ken
post #23 of 88
Quote:

It's a real concern if you care more about short-term quarterly profits. There was a story out a few days ago that 77% of iPhone 4 buyers are repeat buyers. People are camping out in lines overnight. People have invested money in apps that they are not going to just throw away.

Over the long haul, these supply disruptions are not even a small chink in the armor.
post #24 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's more than just technology, everything I have is down. I haven't had time to look at all the financial news, is there one specific reason for this drop today?

Several major reasons (rather than one discrete problem) which is why it's a broad market decline.

It first started with an Asian index that forecasts China's economy was revised lower; that fanned fears of a global economic slowdown. Then Greek workers walked off the job in protest of budget cuts. Followed by a drop in U.S. consumer confidence in June.

So really multiple bits of bad news around the globe, which is why the selloff is so strong. If it were one specific reason, part of the globe would shrug it off.

All global markets are skidding today.
post #25 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predrag View Post

It is a negligible number of people, and it is these people of which the analysts are talking.

You don't know if the numbers are negligible. Nobody does really. All we know for certain is that the inability to make products that people are ready to buy is a lost opportunity. It is a gift to your competitors.

A long time ago I heard Bill Gates articulate one of the simplest but most powerful basics of business that I believe few fully comprehend: A sale you make counts twice, because it is also a sale not made to one of your competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Probably 2-3%.

Things like broad market declines, the Greek debt fiasco, or the entire tech sector getting hammered simply don't register with these people. Being up to date on current affairs isn't part of their worldview.

Quote:

The Dow was down about 200 at the opening this morning. Europe was already falling when the US markets opened. Seems like the big story today is the European debt crisis, but I've always found that most explanations for single day market moves are entirely after the fact. They need a storyline, so the media retreads an old story. The macro story is that the world economy still sucks and the danger of a double dip recession is very real. Investors are very nervous, and huge amounts of cash are idling on the sidelines invested in short term debt.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #26 of 88
Quote:

It's a real concern if you care more about short-term quarterly profits. There was a story out a few days ago that 77% of iPhone 4 buyers are repeat buyers. People are camping out in lines overnight. People have invested money in apps that they are not going to just throw away.

Over the long haul, these supply disruptions are not even a small chink in the armor.

You can hope so, but you really can't know it. As I said, every sale Apple loses, however many that is, goes to a competitor, so it hurts them twice. Yes, this matters, and no, it's not just a short-term concern. Apple cares very much about quarterly profits. Believe it or not, quarterly profit is the name of the game. Do you know of any other measure of business success?

As for those stats, they've been discussed to death and beyond. The people who line up at Apple stores overnight are not representative of the public at large. They are the most dedicated fans. (This isn't obvious?) They are not the people who are just thinking about buying an iPhone. These people don't camp out in parking lots overnight. They expect to be able to walk into a store and buy the phone when they want the phone. If the iPhone isn't there to buy, they might very well walk away with something else. Business 101.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #27 of 88
Three weeks of backorders on introduction really isn't that terrible in light of how big of a hit it's turned out to be. I would only worry about it if it stays like that for a sustained period and they haven't added more capacity. Even then, it's a lot of money to be made from one product.

Quote:

Yes, it looks like all sectors are down a lot.

http://www.google.com/finance

Scroll down to sector summary, sorry, I didn't find a direct link to that part of the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Several major reasons (rather than one discrete problem) which is why it's a broad market decline.

It first started with an Asian index that forecasts China's economy was revised lower. Then Greek workers walked off the job in protest of budget cuts. Followed by a drop in U.S. consumer confidence in June.

So really multiple bits of bad news around the globe, which is why the selloff is so strong. If it were one specific reason, part of the globe would shrug it off.

All global markets are skidding today.

Your summary sounds about right:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...WZGdQD9GL1BKG0

In other words, people having a cow.
post #28 of 88
Quote:

All we know for certain is that the inability to make products that people are ready to buy is a lost opportunity. It is a gift to your competitors.

So? You count the pennies and Apple will count the dollars. This game is not in the penny-counting stage, and if a few fall off the table Apple shouldn't go chasing for them at the expense of the bigger picture. There's no "gift" to a competitor here, because there's no competition!

Quote:
A long time ago I heard Bill Gates articulate one of the simplest but most powerful basics of business that I believe few fully comprehend: A sale you make counts twice, because it is also a sale not made to one of your competitors.

The Dow was down about 200 at the opening this morning...The macro story is that the world economy still sucks and the danger of a double dip recession is very real. Investors are very nervous, and huge amounts of cash are idling on the sidelines invested in short term debt.

The danger of a double dip is nil, the world economy is in a lot better shape than the Right Wing would have us believe, and while investors are presently nervous they also don't want to be left behind when the train leaves the station. Fear versus greed is still the operative equation, and the fear is mostly just from folks hyping it that have either financial things to gain (shorts) or political things to gain (wingers and tp'ers).

In any case, Apple is immune to all this, as will shortly be shown to be the case. Their quarterly report is due in a few days and it'll blow the socks off of people.
post #29 of 88
Quote:

There was a story out a few days ago that 77% of iPhone 4 buyers are repeat buyers

a bit off-topic, but this is why Apple's 100 Million unit installed base is total BS. i'm on my 5th iPhone. if EVERYONE were in my circumstance, there would be a 20 million unit installed base. at the very lest this number should be 1/2 of what's boasted.
post #30 of 88
And would Apple have lost more sales if they had delayed the launch? Take into account Apple only launched in a few countries too. Here in Canada, there's still no release date only speculation that it will be late July. I think the majority of people who really want an iPhone 4 will wait.

jm2c $CAD
post #31 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

In any case, Apple is immune to all this, as will shortly be shown to be the case. Their quarterly report is due in a few days and it'll blow the socks off of people.

Something I just remembered, I think Apple still counts iPhone earnings over a period of two years rather than at the sale. I expect Apple to do very well, but the dollar figures probably won't show an otherwise expected huge inrush from iPhone 4 because of that accounting. They will probably give an updated unit sales figure though.
post #32 of 88
Quote:

Absolutely true. I can say that I haven't bothered to waste a second of my life waiting in line yet again for a telephone. 1 sale lost. I am not the only one.

First iPhone out, ok, but this perennial supply issue makes Apple look incompetent, not popular.

And yes, consumers get tired of lines and consider alternatives.
post #33 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

a bit off-topic, but this is why Apple's 100 Million unit installed base is total BS. i'm on my 5th iPhone. if EVERYONE were in my circumstance, there would be a 20 million unit installed base. at the very lest this number should be 1/2 of what's boasted.

I don't expect a lot of those sales would have to mean that the replaced devices are idled. They're still of value, and it seems like a lot of them are sold or handed down to another family member.
post #34 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

So? You count the pennies and Apple will count the dollars. This game is not in the penny-counting stage, and if a few fall off the table Apple shouldn't go chasing for them at the expense of the bigger picture. There's no "gift" to a competitor here, because there's no competition!

Of course it's a gift to competitors. Again, Business 101. There is no "bigger picture." This is the picture. You are looking right at it. If the analyst's figures are even close to correct, Apple may have left as many as 500,000 iPhone sales on the table in three days. No matter how much you would like to brush this off as "pennies" it is not small beans if even half buy another product instead. And you can be 100% certain that Apple doesn't view this as not a problem. They know it is, even if you don't.

Quote:
The danger of a double dip is nil, the world economy is in a lot better shape than the Right Wing would have us believe, and while investors are presently nervous they also don't want to be left behind when the train leaves the station. Fear versus greed is still the operative equation, and the fear is mostly just from folks hyping it that have either financial things to gain (shorts) or political things to gain (wingers and tp'ers).

Nil? The right wing? Good god. This isn't any more about politics than potentially losing hundreds of thousands of sales is about "pennies." It's about stagnant economic conditions. It's about a spreading debt crisis that nobody knows how will be resolved.

Apple's results will be great. Nice prediction. Will the sun also rise in the east?
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #35 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

What happened to the other 4 iPHones? If someone is using them, they're still included in the installed base.

The only ones that would no longer be part of the installed base are those which are broken - a much smaller figure than your 80%.
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #36 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Absolutely true. I can say that I haven't bothered to waste a second of my life waiting in line yet again for a telephone. 1 sale lost. I am not the only one.

First iPhone out, ok, but this perennial supply issue makes Apple look incompetent, not popular.

I've never owned an iPhone, but I might buy one when the supply starts showing up. I won't wait in lines either. I don't have a burning desire for a new phone now, or I'd probably have bought something else.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #37 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

You're not the only one, but we don't know if it's going to be a big problem or not.

Quote:

Maybe look incompetent, whether it is might be a different matter, initial orders for each successive model have been surpassing expectations by leaps and bounds. The iPhone line appears to be the most popular phone model ever, taken from the RAZR mantle two years ago. To compare it in the broader consumer electronics market, Apple has sold more iOS devices than Nintendo has sold Wii, a product that was continually in short supply for months or years on end. I don't know what CE products have been more popular, more DS have been sold, but DS has been out for three more years too.

Quote:

I don't know if you've noticed, but standing in lines aren't the only way to order an iPhone. I didn't stand in line for the 3G and I'm not standing in line for iPhone 4. That doesn't mean a sale has been lost, but it can be.
post #38 of 88
Quote:

...it is not small beans if even half buy another product instead.

Oh, please! HALF will buy another product because they won't wait a few weeks for a vastly superior product?

Quote:
Nil? The right wing? Good god. This isn't any more about politics than potentially losing hundreds of thousands of sales is about "pennies." It's about stagnant economic conditions.

WHAT stagnant economic conditions? The ones the righties are so interested in making everyone believe in? Go check Gallup if you don't believe me. http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx Underemployment is dropping like a rock and the Job Creation Index is higher than it's been since President Obama took office.

But don't let a little thing like facts stand in your way....
post #39 of 88
Quote:

Does anyone remember when there were lines around the corner for Windows 95?

It's just a guess, but I'll bet that would be 1995.

Quote:
"Windows 95 was an event. People lined up for blocks outside computer stores (like Egghead) at midnight to get their copy of Microsoft's newest operating system."- Joe Wilcox, Jupiter Research

http://www.betanews.com/article/10-Y...red/1124901092

Quote:
After months of relentless hoopla, Windows 95 finally hit store shelves Thursday, and it looks like sales will live up to the blockbuster billing.

The first copies went on sale after midnight Wednesday. A few hundred Houstonians lined up outside several local stores, staring hopefully through the display windows at the high-tech prize waiting inside.

"I see I'm not the only crazy person," one man yelled as he stepped to the back of the line.

At the stroke of midnight, they rushed inside to snag Windows 95 the very first moment Microsoft allowed them to get near it.

http://blogs.chron.com/techblog/arch...ars_of_wi.html
post #40 of 88
Does it really matter if they sold 2.5 million on launch or 2.5 million two weeks after launch?
No it doesn't! What matters to Apple is that they "SELL THEM DAMN PHONES". Period. End of!
And believe me there ain't one Apple fanboy running to buy that HTC EVO crap over the iphone and its powerful, near seamless media ecosystem. I for one am waiting for all the hoopla to die down before getting my iphone 4. I live on Miami Beach and I hate going to my local Apple store during the weekend and when a hot product drops. Too many middle class lemmings and their freaking children. GOD! I swear the next time I see a parent bring their kid to the store dressed in a princess outfit, tiara and a wand to complete the look, I'm going ape sh**!
And don't let the kid have on ballerina flats and twirl between two geniuses. Oh sh**!
I'll filed goal her little a** straight out the store. LOL!

PS
Screw the so-called lawsuit that's about to go down over the reception issue.
GET A DAMN BUMPER!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple