or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple

Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple - Page 2

post #41 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Nonsense. It's a real concern. Blindness to the concern does not make unreal.

hmmm.. Maybe you should watch this.

Maybe you should watch this.

TechnoMinds

We are a Montreal based technology company that offers a variety of tech services such as tech support for Apple products, Drupal based website development, computer training and iCloud...

TechnoMinds

We are a Montreal based technology company that offers a variety of tech services such as tech support for Apple products, Drupal based website development, computer training and iCloud...

post #42 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppingmaster View Post

These analysts are full of it. Sometimes I wonder if their true motivation is to artificially drive down AAPL stock prices so new investors can pick some up.

Nevertheless, I am sure Apple is not worried that they are making money hand over foot

Stop wondering. Consumer spending is up 0.4% for May, yet a fictitious report about Consumer Confidence is down 15 points lower than projected [not quantifiable information w/o paying for this report] and suddenly the market has a convenient means to sell off massively.

It's amazing how Apple can't make their products fast enough and yet they are down > $10/share.

You don't have to wonder. Stock manipulation is alive and well.
post #43 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

n other words, people having a cow.

In unrelated news it looks like Cattle Futures are unaffected.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #44 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Welcome to the forum.

Does anyone remember when there were lines around the corner for Windows 95?

I usually do not comment here,

just my thoughts here:

solipsism you are right.

My prediction:

People will buy iPhone 4 like crazy, and no-one can stop it.

And if there are problems, with reception, whatsoever ...
it will be resolved, in one way or another,

this is Apple we are talking about, not some small company,

(remember: billions in cash)

even a massive recall of thousands or millions iPhones will not stop that.

People love iPone 4 , people want it. and everyone will get one.

As for today, there is no real competition.

And people will be patient until they got it, that is my opinion.

I've been reading this forum for years.

And I have seen Ireland literally freaking out about this :-)

So

@ Ireland:

Go get it, buy it, and hold it in your own hands.
If there are issues, you can return it.
... no risk.

go read this:

http://9to5mac.com/jony_ive_on_iphone_design

sorry had to tell you that,

peace out
post #45 of 88
They're right, because there are no iPhone 4's in stock, I think I'll go get an HTC Evo... Oh, wait, they're out of stock too (after selling ~70,000 phones, not 1.7 million). Okay, um, perhaps I'll go get a Droid Incredible... out of stock (seemingly an impossible phone to produce). Droid X? Not even released until the middle of July. Samsung Epic? Unknown release date. Tell me, what high-end smartphone that's out there ISN'T having supply issues? They are all having trouble keeping up with demand, so the fact that I can't get an iPhone today doesn't mean I'll be able to get anything else today either.
post #46 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

Oh, please! HALF will buy another product because they won't wait a few weeks for a vastly superior product?

And you know otherwise? No, of course you don't know otherwise. All you know is that you believe the iPhone to be "vastly superior" -- and of course that any customer who walks into an AT&T store could not possibly be persuaded to walk out with anything else, even if they can't buy an iPhone.

Quote:
WHAT stagnant economic conditions? The ones the righties are so interested in making everyone believe in? Go check Gallup if you don't believe me. http://www.gallup.com/home.aspx Underemployment is dropping like a rock and the Job Creation Index is higher than it's been since President Obama took office.

But don't let a little thing like facts stand in your way....

Ah, no. FIrst of all, I am not a "righty." I don't even belong to a political party, and most people would call me a liberal. I am not being made to believe anything by anyone, and not especially by you. I know what's going on even if you don't, and it's not pretty.

Not sure what a link to the Gallup polls site is supposed to prove.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #47 of 88
Quote:

Believe it or not, they should... and because they are smart, they do. Every sale that you can't make to a willing customer at the moment they want to buy, is potentially a lost sale. Some will wait, but others have needs now and will go elsewhere. Bottom line, an inability to satisfy demand with your products is a gift to your competitors.

That said, the economy being what it is, no company is going to want to be stuck with excess inventory, so they are even more conservative than they might otherwise be in production. The risk is they won't have enough stock on hand if the product is a big hit right out the gate.

This whole topic just annoys the shit out of me. Apple sold 1.7 MILLION phones in 3 days. Has this ever happened with any consumer product...ever? The thing is a wild, probably unprecedented success. And what do we get? These shit-for-brains analysts that say "well, ho hum...they could have sold even MORE if they could just make more." We also get the fools that agree with them (I'm not saying you are doing so).

I do disagree about a "gift" to competitors. Back when Apple had trouble filling computer orders (500mhz debacle, PowerBooks, etc.) that might have been the case. Those were niche products. It wasn't helpful to Apple's brand and it's war against Windows. But this case is different. Apple has a dominant product that is becoming ever more so.

They've had this supply "problem" for years...since the original iPhone and particularly starting with the 3G. But the hype is so real...the product is so anticipated...that people are willing to wait. They'll wait in lines for days. This creates even more hype and loyalty. Sure, Apple may lose SOME sales as a result, but it's got to be an incredibly low number judging by how many phones they actually sell. These dumb-as-butt analysts act like Apple is in some kind of neck and neck war, trying to eek out some sales growth. The reality is that they literally can't make the things fast enough. 1.7 million is three days? I'm not sure any company could make that many, if we're talking a consumer electronics product.

--Sony sold 81,000 (+) PS3s in Japan in 24 hours---->not even close
--Sony sold 600,000 PS3s in the US and elsewhere in three days---> 1/3 as many as Apple

--CoD: MW2 did sell 4.7 million copies in 24 hours, but that's software. Duplicating a DVD=not too difficult.

Anyone have another example?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #48 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hittrj01 View Post

They're right, because there are no iPhone 4's in stock, I think I'll go get an HTC Evo... Oh, wait, they're out of stock too (after selling ~70,000 phones, not 1.7 million). Okay, um, perhaps I'll go get a Droid Incredible... out of stock (seemingly an impossible phone to produce). Droid X? Not even released until the middle of July. Samsung Epic? Unknown release date. Tell me, what high-end smartphone that's out there ISN'T having supply issues? They are all having trouble keeping up with demand, so the fact that I can't get an iPhone today doesn't mean I'll be able to get anything else today either.

True, a lot of manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with demand, which does mitigate the effect somewhat. But I just checked my upgrade options at AT&T, and in addition to the iPhone 4, I have 39 other choices (excluding the older iPhone models). I doubt all of them are out of stock.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #49 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by techno View Post

hmmm.. Maybe you should watch this.

Maybe you should watch this.

Jon Stewart makes me laugh, but I still don't take my investment advice from a comedian. Sorry.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #50 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

[...]

--Sony sold 600,000 PS3s in the US and elsewhere in three days---> 1/3 as many as Apple

--CoD: MW2 did sell 4.7 million copies in 24 hours, but that's software. Duplicating a DVD=not too difficult.

The Droid did pretty well. I find it funny that the Nexus One is the flagship Android phone yet the sales have been horrible. That same first week of sales this past January the 6-month old iPhone 3GS on Vodafone, the iPhone's 4th carrier in the UK, sold 2.5x that amount just in pre-orders.
post #51 of 88
Quote:

I do disagree about a "gift" to competitors. Back when Apple had trouble filling computer orders (500mhz debacle, PowerBooks, etc.) that might have been the case. Those were niche products. It wasn't helpful to Apple's brand and it's war against Windows. But this case is different. Apple has a dominant product that is becoming ever more so.

Any time you can't sell a product at the moment someone wants to buy it, you are providing your competition with an opportunity to take that sale away from you -- and they ARE going to try, and at least some of the time they ARE going to succeed. Every time they do succeed, this is a PLUS for them and a MINUS for you. This is just completely basic, no matter what business you are in. Arbitrary distinctions don't figure in.

Again, too much reliance is being placed on the willingness of SOME people to line up overnight to buy a product. As the numbers showed, the vast majority of these were fans. They are the choir and don't need preaching to. They are the uber-loyal. The people who are thinking about buying an iPhone for the first time are an entirely different crowd. Disappoint them, and a great many will never darken your door again.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #52 of 88
Quote:

FIrst of all, I am not a "righty."

I think if you carefully check my posts you'll see that I never said you were a "righty".
post #53 of 88
Quote:

I think if you carefully check my posts you'll see that I never said you were a "righty".

No, only that I am being told what to believe by righties.

A distinction without a difference, but thanks for explaining anyway.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #54 of 88
Quote:

Any time you can't sell a product at the moment someone wants to buy it, you are providing your competition with an opportunity to take that sale away from you -- and they ARE going to try, and at least some of the time they ARE going to succeed. Every time they do succeed, this is a PLUS for them and a MINUS for you. This is just completely basic, no matter what business you are in. Arbitrary distinctions don't figure in.

Again, too much reliance is being placed on the willingness of SOME people to line up overnight to buy a product. As the numbers showed, the vast majority of these were fans. They are the choir and don't need preaching to. They are the uber-loyal. The people who are thinking about buying an iPhone for the first time are an entirely different crowd. Disappoint them, and a great many will never darken your door again.

You could AT LEAST follow this with "IMHO". It is, after all, only your opinion that "a great many will never darken your door again."

Or am I wrong? Do you have some form of statistical analysis to back up this statement? If so, please enlighten us.
post #55 of 88
Quote:

No, only that I am being told what to believe by righties.

A distinction without a difference, but thanks for explaining anyway.

Do you believe them, or don't you?
post #56 of 88
Tina Teng apparently believes that iPhone customers have the patience of infants. How does she think they'll behave - like four-month-old crib critters who've dropped their pacifiers?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

I admit to being a Fanatical Moderate. I Disdain the Inane. Vyizderzominymororzizazizdenderizorziz?

post #57 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Probably 2-3%.

Things like broad market declines, the Greek debt fiasco, or the entire tech sector getting hammered simply don't register with these people. Being up to date on current affairs isn't part of their worldview.

I'm nearly 65 and an avid world affairs junkie as well as having become, 5 years ago when I switched to Mac, an Apple fanman (a man rather than a boy who loves Apple). I guarantee that I know more about politics, local, national and world, than certainly 98% of Americans. And world affairs of all types, not merely politics or finances.

That said, I couldn't manage to complete orders for 2 new iPhones (ours are 3Gs 2 years old) two weeks ago, but was able to the following day, very early, when the ship date was "by July 2". One arrived early, today, but the other is still showing "by July 2". So, my wife will have to wait another week or so. Fair is fair, isn't it?

You can rarely tell a book by its cover and wanting a new gadget doesn't necessarily mean one is an uninvolved, disinterested, MeMeMe, undereducated imbecile.

I rest.
post #58 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

What happened to the other 4 iPHones? If someone is using them, they're still included in the installed base.

The only ones that would no longer be part of the installed base are those which are broken - a much smaller figure than your 80%.

one go pushed into a pool along with me, one was stolen, and two were sold to gazelle. i can't imagine my original edge-network iPhone is still in use though [sold when the 3G came out].
post #59 of 88
Quote:

You could AT LEAST follow this with "IMHO". It is, after all, only your opinion that "a great many will never darken your door again."

Or am I wrong? Do you have some form of statistical analysis to back up this statement? If so, please enlighten us.

As I said earlier, nobody really knows. I think it's safe to say that those who claim that Apple cannot lose any sales of significance by not having product to sell are wrong. I think it's also safe to say that the lineups at stores are not indicative of the audience Apple needs to reach. The stats provided amply demonstrate that they are overwhelmingly not new customers.

Quote:

Do you believe them, or don't you?

An pointless question, unworthy of a response.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #60 of 88
Quote:

You can hope so, but you really can't know it. As I said, every sale Apple loses, however many that is, goes to a competitor, so it hurts them twice. Yes, this matters, and no, it's not just a short-term concern. Apple cares very much about quarterly profits. Believe it or not, quarterly profit is the name of the game. Do you know of any other measure of business success?

As for those stats, they've been discussed to death and beyond. The people who line up at Apple stores overnight are not representative of the public at large. They are the most dedicated fans. (This isn't obvious?) They are not the people who are just thinking about buying an iPhone. These people don't camp out in parking lots overnight. They expect to be able to walk into a store and buy the phone when they want the phone. If the iPhone isn't there to buy, they might very well walk away with something else. Business 101.

Not true.
I was in line for 3 hours and I was surrounded by people who had never had an Apple product before. They were excited to be buying the new iPhone and had waited for the new model.
None of these people would have bought a competitor, they would have waited until they could get an iPhone.
post #61 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc View Post

one go pushed into a pool along with me, one was stolen, and two were sold to gazelle. i can't imagine my original edge-network iPhone is still in use though [sold when the 3G came out].

If someone paid for 2 of them, they're probably still in use. The one that was stolen is likely in use. So, 4 of your 5 iPhones are probably still in use - not the 1 in 5 that you claimed.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
post #62 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Absolutely true. I can say that I haven't bothered to waste a second of my life waiting in line yet again for a telephone. 1 sale lost. I am not the only one.

First iPhone out, ok, but this perennial supply issue makes Apple look incompetent, not popular.

And yes, consumers get tired of lines and consider alternatives.

1.7 million supplied in 3 days is not incompetency. It's way beyond any sales levels, by any single phone manufacturer.

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...that-mean.html

RIM is averaging 116,000 per day. Nokia just around 100,000 per day.

Nearly 600,000 per day, by Apple, blows the doors out of the competition.
post #63 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

1.7 million supplied in 3 days is not incompetency. It's way beyond any sales levels, by any single phone manufacturer.

http://communities-dominate.blogs.co...that-mean.html

RIM is averaging 116,000 per day. Nokia just around 100,000 per day.

Nearly 600,000 per day, by Apple, blows the doors out of the competition.

And the others are doing it across many models. It does look like Apple needs to stagger their releases or come out with a more diverse product line the way it did with the iPod, but I don't see how that can be done easily when the 3.5" 4:3 ratio display for apps is such a focal point of the product.
post #64 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by desarc;

a bit off-topic, but this is why Apple's 100 Million unit installed base is total BS. i'm on my 5th iPhone. if EVERYONE were in my circumstance, there would be a 20 million unit installed base. at the very lest this number should be 1/2 of what's boasted.

I'm curious what you did with your previous 4 iPhones. Did you retire them completely or pass them on? It seems to me that most people would hand them down to friends & family, and that would keep a lot of them in the 'installed user base'.

Does anyone have more than anecdotal evidence on the case?
post #65 of 88
As to the Antenna Issue -- one way or the other, it'll be fixed...

B.S. = People who are so unhappy with that are free to return their iPhone 4 for a Full Refund, if I am not mistaken. But do they Return them? What are the statistics on that? I haven't seen Reports about the Mass Returns!

B.S. - I did see a Class Legal Case brewing about the Antenna Issue. What's the End Game there? A Refund which is Freely Available NOW, without the need to file Any Law Suits! Or is that case about $29 Bumpers, and Mental Anguish!!!!!

It's so easy for Apple to Call Their Bluff!!! -- "You Don't Like iPhone 4, bring it back!!!".... If it's in a clean re-sellable condition, Apple will sell those "defective" units very quickly! Again, I haven't seen Reports about the Mass Returns of iPhone 4!

Many times it seems like the Analysts are just trying to keep themselves in the News, seeking Attention, like some folks on Tweeter, who talk about what they had for breakfast....

B.S. - Like it's already been said in the earlier Comments:
  • I've been dying for iPhone 4, cause there are too many people who want it, just like I do!
  • It's Temporarily Sold out!
  • If I can't get iPhone 4 RIGHT THIS SECOND, I'll buy ANYTHING ELSE, and be stuck with it for the next 2 years! That'll teach Apple a lesson!!!

My obvious SARCASM aside, that's pretty much what some "analyst" are saying! Then they begin to quote each other, keeping each other in the "News"!!! Who in the world hires those CLOWNS, and pays them well?!

Where are the lines for any Android Phones? Have you ever seen any?

Whenever there is anything on US TV, it's the iPhone Icon or App that's being mentioned as automatically as words like Facebook, Twitter, and not like MySpace or Android.... iPhone has become a symbol & euphemism for Smart Phone, just like iPod is synonymous with portable music players!

Lucky are those who have enough Cash to buy AAPL on Sell Off Days like today!

Go  Apple!!!

Go  Apple!!!

post #66 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonder View Post

Not true.
I was in line for 3 hours and I was surrounded by people who had never had an Apple product before. They were excited to be buying the new iPhone and had waited for the new model.
None of these people would have bought a competitor, they would have waited until they could get an iPhone.

The survey which generated so much debate here, of 608 customers in line at three Apple Stores, found that 78% were upgrading their iPhones. I think that's a more comprehensive result than your anecdotal experience. It also happens to make perfectly good sense. I know, that probably means it isn't true.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #67 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I don't expect a lot of those sales would have to mean that the replaced devices are idled. They're still of value, and it seems like a lot of them are sold or handed down to another family member.

This is what I do. Gave my nano to my sister when I got a Touch, and gave the touch to my friend the other day when I bought my 3gs (ATT was out of iPhone 4.... )
Summer '09 Macbook 6 GB RAM, SSD; iPhone 3GS, aTV v.2

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Anyone who lives in me and [trusts]...
Summer '09 Macbook 6 GB RAM, SSD; iPhone 3GS, aTV v.2

Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Anyone who lives in me and [trusts]...
post #68 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

iSuppli Corp. on Tuesday said that Apple's inability to meet demand for the iPhone 4 could be problematic for the company if issues continue. They said it could prompt "frustrated customers" to consider switching to a competing smartphone.

ROLFMAO! Where do they come up with this shit?

This stuff is comedy gold!

If somebody wants the new iPhone they ain't going anywhere else, because nothing even comes close, there aren't really any successful competing smartphones.
post #69 of 88
Quote:

This whole topic just annoys the shit out of me. Apple sold 1.7 MILLION phones in 3 days. Has this ever happened with any consumer product...ever? The thing is a wild, probably unprecedented success. And what do we get? These shit-for-brains analysts that say "well, ho hum...they could have sold even MORE if they could just make more." We also get the fools that agree with them (I'm not saying you are doing so).

They've had this supply "problem" for years...since the original iPhone and particularly starting with the 3G. But the hype is so real...the product is so anticipated...that people are willing to wait. They'll wait in lines for days. This creates even more hype and loyalty. Sure, Apple may lose SOME sales as a result, but it's got to be an incredibly low number judging by how many phones they actually sell. These dumb-as-butt analysts act like Apple is in some kind of neck and neck war, trying to eek out some sales growth. The reality is that they literally can't make the things fast enough. 1.7 million is three days? I'm not sure any company could make that many, if we're talking a consumer electronics product.

Like yesterday, I don't see your issue with someone wondering out loud how many could have been sold in the first three days if there were an "imaginary" infinite supply. It's simply hypothesizing what the true demand is, something Apple surely did themselves. Not saying they should have been able to make that many or should have stock-piled them prior to releasing them - just wondering what the actual demand was. It's a legit questions, despite the complications of manufacturing.

Your anger over it is hard to understand. Your language is totally inappropriate. Do you realize lots of ten year old kids read this site? Do you realize some people can express points without using juvenile language and launching personal attacks?

Just read some of your other posts: You posted something about not wanting to get into name-calling and flaming. But that seems to be pretty close to your m/o.

I've participated on this board for years, you're the first person I've considered putting on ignore.
post #70 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by tawilson View Post

because nothing even comes close, there aren't really any successful competing smartphones.

Now there's a bold assertion. Nobody competes with Apple in this market. Nobody else is successful.

Hard to know where to start on that one. Suffice to say, Apple doesn't believe this. If they did, they'd be toast.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #71 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

Quote:
A few hundred Houstonians lined up outside several local stores, staring hopefully through the display windows at the high-tech prize waiting inside.

Thought that said Historians at first. Seemed odd.
post #72 of 88
Quote:

... Nil? The right wing? Good god. This isn't any more about politics than potentially losing hundreds of thousands of sales is about "pennies." It's about stagnant economic conditions. It's about a spreading debt crisis that nobody knows how will be resolved. ...

Yeah, Paul Krugman isn't exactly known as a right winger:

Quote:

We are now, I fear, in the early stages of a third depression. ...

And this third depression will be primarily a failure of policy. Around the world most recently at last weekends deeply discouraging G-20 meeting governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending.

In the face of this grim picture, you might have expected policy makers to realize that they havent yet done enough to promote recovery. But no: over the last few months there has been a stunning resurgence of hard-money and balanced-budget orthodoxy.

As far as rhetoric is concerned, the revival of the old-time religion is most evident in Europe, where officials seem to be getting their talking points from the collected speeches of Herbert Hoover ...

Its almost as if the financial markets understand what policy makers seemingly dont: that while long-term fiscal responsibility is important, slashing spending in the midst of a depression, which deepens that depression and paves the way for deflation, is actually self-defeating.

-- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/op...28krugman.html
post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Hardly. In fact the only other economist I've heard describe the current situation as a depression or potential depression is Robert Reich (look 'em up if you think he's a right winger). In fact it's the righties who are much more likely to say that markets always heal themselves if left alone, so leave them alone and all will be well.

Krugman goes over the top I think, but to say that the chances of sliding back into recession are nil is to be wearing blinders. From what I have heard so far, the chances aren't better than even, but they are far from nil.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #74 of 88
Quote:

-- http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/28/op...28krugman.html

That may be a hard sell to conservatives - from the article:

Quote:
And this third depression will be primarily a failure of policy. Around the world most recently at last weekends deeply discouraging G-20 meeting governments are obsessing about inflation when the real threat is deflation, preaching the need for belt-tightening when the real problem is inadequate spending.
post #75 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvaldes1831 View Post

Probably 2-3%.

Things like broad market declines, the Greek debt fiasco, or the entire tech sector getting hammered simply don't register with these people. Being up to date on current affairs isn't part of their worldview.

These current affair blips are just a good excuse to drive the stock down (and not just targeted at aapl). Skewed statistics, exaggerations, FUD, and common garden bullshit come in orchestrated waves.
Take greek debt for instance, billed to be almost 'end of the world' but stock was back to where is was within a week.
Stock down today, but I will give the bad news a life expectancy of monday, then the good news starts pumping...
See where the stock will be in 20 days from now, way north of $280 I guarantee it. Last chance till the gold rush. Make the most of it.
post #76 of 88
Quote:

... Krugman goes over the top I think, ...

Well, he certainly doesn't mince words, but he's by no means the only one warning that trying to cut deficits right now is a recipe for disaster, and the markets seem to be agreeing with him, after seeing the direction the G20 are headed.
post #77 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQB View Post

"Sometimes wonder"??
What do you think the whole antenna FUD campaign is about?
And judging by today's $12 drop, its working.

Buying opportunity.

The market dropped by 3% (last time I checked). Apples drop was a little more than that, but not enough to cause concern.
post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

That may be a hard sell to conservatives - from the article:

Well, yes, it's anathema to them. But, considering that the current economic situation represents a complete and utter repudiation of conservative economic theories of the last 30 years, ...
post #79 of 88
I seriously doubt the supply constraint is going to negatively impact iPhone 4 sales into competing platforms. I'm waiting for white and the delay is not going to make me switch platforms any more than it is going to cause newbies to change their minds when they already know 5 friends with FaceTime ready iPhone 4s. FaceTime is the Killer App keeping everyone in the iPhone 4 camp no matter how long we have to wait.

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

Six x 3.5GHz '14 MP, 64GB, 1TB PCIe, 16TB HDs
2.6GHz 6GB 17"HD LED MBP, Sony 52XBR6 HDTV
EyeTV 500, Hybrid 2G, EyeTV 3 HDTV Recorder
64 ATT iPhone 5S, 128 ATT iPad Air, 128 ATT iPad miniRetina, 16...

post #80 of 88
Quote:

Well, yes, it's anathema to them. But, considering that the current economic situation represents a complete and utter repudiation of conservative economic theories of the last 30 years, ...

+1 Insightful
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Limited iPhone 4 stock viewed as 'competitive risk' for Apple