or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why is AppleInsider overrun with right-wing extremists?

Why is AppleInsider overrun with right-wing extremists? - Page 6

post #201 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

That whoosh you just heard? It was the point flying over your head. Again.

Why don't you explain it to me? Or is this point one you hope materializes?

In the meantime here's a link to Rush complaining about Jobs being too liberal.

Also I'm not the only one who has this take on Mr. Jobs :

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1860172/posts

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5102804AAmkOKo
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #202 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Also I'm not the only one who has this take on...

Do you have that permanently in your clipboard for quick pasting into every post? Maybe some sort of hot key expansion thing? Do you actually think it is a statement that is anything but vacuous? You really like it when lots of other people are thinking the same think you are don't you (or maybe it is that you are thinking the same thing as a lot of other people...it's easier when it goes that direction)? Makes you feel good, secure, perhaps even manly doesn't it?

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #203 of 227
Quote:

Why don't you explain it to me? Or is this point one you hope materializes?

Nothing to do with politics at all actually, more of a snarky (and humorous to some extent) point.

Let's read it again together.

Mr. Jobs spent much of his morning complaining about the length of time it takes to put in a cell tower in San Francisco due to the politics there compared to Texas. In addition to that he thinks the NY Times is just "making things up."

Both points have a link to Conservative or right wing views and have a tendency to cause Liberals to post angry replies on certain blogs/message boards.

1) Too much Gov't intervention causes things to go slowly and against what is best for business.

2) The New York Times is 'making stuff up".

He was not actually being all that serious from what I can see. But those with a different sense of humor than mine may not actually see it that way. However he may have been making the point as well that Jobs would be better served by a more Conservative agenda than a Progressive or Liberal one...

Can't wait for your dismissal of this...
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #204 of 227
Quote:

That whoosh you just heard? It was the point flying over your head. Again.

No, that was the sound of Logic flying right under your radar. Again.
post #205 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

No, that was the sound of Logic flying right under your radar. Again.

If it has to be explained to you, then I suspect your sarcasm meter is broken. I think NoahJ explained it fairly well, perhaps because he has more patience.

post #206 of 227
If you don't believe this site is overrun with right-wing extremists, just go look at the thread "Jobs calls Bloomberg story 'total bull,' says NYT 'making things up'." They are there peppering the entire thread with their usual, tired "liberal media" talking points.

Of course, most people just ignore them as they would a mentally-deranged person ranting in the street.
post #207 of 227
Quote:

If it has to be explained to you, then I suspect your sarcasm meter is broken. I think NoahJ explained it fairly well, perhaps because he has more patience.

Yes, that must be it.
post #208 of 227
Quote:

If you don't believe this site is overrun with right-wing extremists, just go look at the thread "Apple says it takes 3 years to get a new cell tower in San Francisco." They are there peppering the entire thread with their usual, tired "liberal media" talking points.

Of course, most people just ignore them as they would a mentally-deranged person ranting in the street.

Which comments, specifically?

post #209 of 227
Quote:

Yes, that must be it.

Good, then we're agreed.

post #210 of 227
Porcupines have legs. Hey, I have a leg.

I AM A PORCUPINE!

That's really the extent of Trumpet's argument.

Steve Jobs has one opinion that lines up with less government interference attitude. Republicans allegedly are supposed to believe this although they sure seem to love government interference when it comes to allowing people to buy liquor on certain days, have abortions, do drugs, see prostitutes, watch and listen to things uncensored over the public air waves, photograph or video tape police officers, YADDA YADDA YADDA.

Anyway, sharing one opinion clearly means they share all. Is it any wonder that so many republicans don't subscribe to the scientific theory of evolution, believe in angels, and literally believe jesus will return in the next 40 years?

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #211 of 227
Quote:

Do you have that permanently in your clipboard for quick pasting into every post? Maybe some sort of hot key expansion thing? Do you actually think it is a statement that is anything but vacuous? You really like it when lots of other people are thinking the same think you are don't you (or maybe it is that you are thinking the same thing as a lot of other people...it's easier when it goes that direction)? Makes you feel good, secure, perhaps even manly doesn't it?

Hey! I'm sorry there aren't a large group who subscribe to your way of thinking. However there may be a reason.
post #212 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

Nothing to do with politics at all actually, more of a snarky (and humorous to some extent) point.

Let's read it again together.

Mr. Jobs spent much of his morning complaining about the length of time it takes to put in a cell tower in San Francisco due to the politics there compared to Texas. In addition to that he thinks the NY Times is just "making things up."

Both points have a link to Conservative or right wing views and have a tendency to cause Liberals to post angry replies on certain blogs/message boards.

1) Too much Gov't intervention causes things to go slowly and against what is best for business.

2) The New York Times is 'making stuff up".

He was not actually being all that serious from what I can see. But those with a different sense of humor than mine may not actually see it that way. However he may have been making the point as well that Jobs would be better served by a more Conservative agenda than a Progressive or Liberal one...

Can't wait for your dismissal of this...

I'm sorry but none of that says he's a conservative or gives any reason assume that he's changed. There is however plenty out there to indicate his views tend to fall on the liberal side of things. Saying that would be what is normally refered to as " A stretch ".
post #213 of 227
Quote:

You know when little kids don't really have info to back up a bluff they use the old " Well if you don't know I'm certainly not going to tell you ".
post #214 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Porcupines have legs. Hey, I have a leg.

I AM A PORCUPINE!

That's really the extent of Trumpet's argument.

That nicely sums up nearly every argument he's posted here.
post #215 of 227
Quote:

I'm sorry but none of that says he's a conservative or gives any reason assume that he's changed.

You still don't get it, do you?

I thought NoahJ did a decent job, but I'll try to speak more slowly. Let' break it down shall we:

1. Steve Jobs is widely considered to be politically liberal (while I'll contend that on some issues he probably is and others he's probably not, let's concede this as the widely accepted view).

2. Steve jobs said some things (e.g., implied government obstruction was causing problems getting cell towers put in and that the NYT was making shit up) that are commonly assumed to be heard coming only from right-wing extremists.

3. [snark]Therefore Steve Jobs has not become a right-wing extremist.[/snark]

I believe that trumptman (perhaps he'll clarify) was being snarky/sarcastic/smart-assy. He was saying, I think, here's someone who is obviously (or at least widely thought to be) politically liberal, and even he's noting government obstruction of NYT bullshit.

He wasn't saying that Jobs is conservative or a right-wing extremist, he was saying that even a liberal sees some things that are plain as day and calls a spade a spade (e.g. government obstruction and NYT bullshit).

I hope he'll clarify, but that's how I took the comment.

post #216 of 227
Quote:

He wasn't saying that Jobs is conservative or a right-wing extremist, he was saying that even a liberal sees some things that are plain as day and calls a spade a spade (e.g. government obstruction and NYT bullshit).

In other words, Liberals are realistic, while Conservatives/right-wing extremists stick to their views no matter the evidence to the contrary. Very good! Gold star for today.
post #217 of 227
Quote:

In other words, Liberals are realistic, while Conservatives/right-wing extremists stick to their views no matter the evidence to the contrary. Very good! Gold star for today.

Wow! Amazing! That's precisely the correct interpretation of what I said. \

post #218 of 227
Quote:

Wow! Amazing! That's precisely the correct interpretation of what I said.

You see! We agreed on TWO things in one day!

I call this a breakthrough.
post #219 of 227
Quote:

You see! We agreed on TWO things in one day!

I call this a breakthrough.

I see what you did right there. Clever (and subtle).

post #220 of 227
I suspect a number of factors might be causing Steve Jobs, like many other movers and shakers, to realize that when the left was fully of whining well-intentioned do-gooders, all was fine and well but now that they've been governing in some places for extended periods, their actual policies and mindsets are just intolerable madness and batshit crazy to boot.

Obviously some of you hvae not read about the Jackling House
and the folks who have tied up what Jobs wants to build on his own property for almost ten years.

Jobs has been completely perplexed by the media coverage of this but he shouldn't be. As this video notes, there is plenty to cover but the questino is, why aren't they covering it?

Well they aren't covering it because the people in power are Democrats. They've screwed over everyone and screwed up everything and the liberal media complex cannot note that fact or else they will tear down their own beliefs. Worse still pointing at it reminds everyone Barack Obama is on vacation and golfing again while 12 million people are out of work.

Plus Apple is a giganitic American corporation, second only to Walmart. It has a CEO who bitches and complains that he had to leave his Hawaiian vacation to come deal with this matter. The media vacuum is a giant monster that must be fed and there aren't even enough Sarah Palin's quips, Republicans slip ups, or just outright slanders to fill the time. Hell even this "analysis" bit can only fill so many minutes. Eventually you need actual news.

So real or imagined, the liberal media complex is going to start eating some of their own team. It's only a few sacrificial rich white guys and nobody really likes them anyway.

Changes in thinking seldom click like s switch. It is often changes in degrees. Jobs has turned.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #221 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I suspect a number of factors might be causing Steve Jobs, like many other movers and shakers, to realize that when the left was fully of whining well-intentioned do-gooders, all was fine and well but now that they've been governing in some places for extended periods, their actual policies and mindsets are just intolerable madness and batshit crazy to boot.

Obviously some of you hvae not read about the Jackling House
and the folks who have tied up what Jobs wants to build on his own property for almost ten years.

Jobs has been completely perplexed by the media coverage of this but he shouldn't be. As this video notes, there is plenty to cover but the questino is, why aren't they covering it?

Well they aren't covering it because the people in power are Democrats. They've screwed over everyone and screwed up everything and the liberal media complex cannot note that fact or else they will tear down their own beliefs. Worse still pointing at it reminds everyone Barack Obama is on vacation and golfing again while 12 million people are out of work.

Plus Apple is a giganitic American corporation, second only to Walmart. It has a CEO who bitches and complains that he had to leave his Hawaiian vacation to come deal with this matter. The media vacuum is a giant monster that must be fed and there aren't even enough Sarah Palin's quips, Republicans slip ups, or just outright slanders to fill the time. Hell even this "analysis" bit can only fill so many minutes. Eventually you need actual news.

So real or imagined, the liberal media complex is going to start eating some of their own team. It's only a few sacrificial rich white guys and nobody really likes them anyway.

Changes in thinking seldom click like s switch. It is often changes in degrees. Jobs has turned.

Yes if connect the dots with a an extra big magic marker you might get this result!

Jesus what a stretch in logic!
post #222 of 227
Quote:

Yes if connect the dots with a an extra big magic marker you might get this result!

There is a growing amount of evidence that the US Right are suffering some form of mass-psychosis.

I only hope it doesn't morph into the sort of hive-mind that enabled the Nazis and was typified by the Nuremberg rallies.

All they lack is a few notches upwards on the dial and a charismatic leader...the first they should exceed and take to 11 but the second is, luckily, looking like an impossibility.

The days when the Right could muster a suave and intelligent thinker like Goebells are long gone though it is painful and distressing to watch their antics while they scrabble around vainly looking for one.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #223 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

There is a growing amount of evidence that the US Right are suffering some form of mass-psychosis.

You mean like a religion?

I agree the whole world is suffering from religion.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #224 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I only hope it doesn't morph into the sort of hive-mind that enabled the Nazis and was typified by the Nuremberg rallies.

All they lack is a few notches upwards on the dial and a charismatic leader...the first they should exceed and take to 11 but the second is, luckily, looking like an impossibility.

The days when the Right could muster a suave and intelligent thinker like Goebells are long gone though it is painful and distressing to watch their antics while they scrabble around vainly looking for one.

When the last election was drawing to a close I said they wouldn't go quietly. There's some kicking and screaming yet to be done. But in the end I don't think the american voter will go whole hog for the party that tries to block unemployment benifit extensions and financial reform.

It's not like the banks didn't give those bonus's and people who need more help ( not because they're just living off of the system ) aren't finding work. It's that the banks will gladly take your money and give it to the people who helped create this problem because they can be greedy bastards. Also there's very little work to be had because of the problem they helped to create. Someone has to do something about this. While the Democrats aren't always right the Republicans and their " Let them eat cake " attitude are not something I want to vote for.
post #225 of 227
Quote:

C'mon, we're talking right-wingers here, they still write with a large stick dipped in the blood.
post #226 of 227
Quote:

Apple is a liberal and progressive company, partly because they cater to creative industries and the location of its headquarters.

So, I wonder why this forum has such a large number of seemingly right-wing political extremists who come here regularly? Why do they come here and post mostly in the PoliticalOutsider forum? You rarely see these same people participating in any other threads here. Why don't they go to a right-wing political site instead? Do they like the abuse? Do they like the depressing blue/gray color scheme here? Are they hoping to convince people that their failed ideas are still valid?

Help me unlock this AI PO enigma.

The American People have taken a stand against the left and leftists are becoming antiques. Obama was the last straw. Thanks to talk radio and Fox News the people are taking control. Just look at the Tea Party Patriots. This place resembles America and moves further right everday.
post #227 of 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Common Man View Post

The American People have taken a stand against the left and leftists are becoming antiques. Obama was the last straw. Thanks to talk radio and Fox News the people are taking control. Just look at the Tea Party Patriots. This place resembles America and moves further right everday.

NaplesX!!!! Welcome back!! Again!!!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Why is AppleInsider overrun with right-wing extremists?