or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sued over iPhone 4 reception issues
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple sued over iPhone 4 reception issues - Page 5

post #161 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post

my company purchased 50 of the new iPhone 4's and ALL have the same reception issue.
the 50 were ordered in 2 batches a day apart and shipped to 5 different regions in the US all have issues as stated in this article...
Yes you can expect a few corporate law suites over this...
my company has well over 500 other iPhone's from ver 3 and 3gs that work without issue.
if you dont think this is a real issue than have your company go buy 50 iPhone 4's and see how you fare on a return deal...
if you think its hard to return 1 iPhone 4 back to ATT or Apple try 50!

When you say, "ALL have the same reception issue, which issue are you talking about?

Quote:
1. Signal loss related to holding a phone not in a case.

This happens, but, according to most analyses and reports, the phone continues to work with good call quality.

2. Complete signal loss related to bridging the seam.

This has been demonstrated in various videos, but apparently not with all phones as some people are not able to reproduce it, including cases of 2 phones in the same location handled by 2 different people where one phone, handled by either person, consistently exhibits the problem while the other consistently does not.

3. Proximity sensor issues.

It is widely reported that the proximity sensor does not behave correctly, causing numerous instances of people accidentally muting or hanging up calls. It's unclear if this is an issue on all phones, or only on some.
post #162 of 413
LOL this is ridiculous.
even if you bought the iPhone 4 on the first day, you still have WEEKS of time to return it.

Have fun explaining to the court why you choose to sue instead of simply return the merchandize.

But frankly I would not be surprised if there are zero plaintiffs in this case.
post #163 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

Of course he didn't read 'the article'...

it was yet another nonsensical 'knee jerk' response from someone bent on defending all things Apple regardless of facts etc.

Acutally, I believe the fee only applies to opened iPhones, which amounts to the same thing, since everyone opens the box.
post #164 of 413
FFS, the iPhone 4 has been out all of a week; if a person is having unforeseen problems, RETURN YOUR DAMN PHONE! If the judges have any sense they'll throw these lawsuits out instantly, knowing full well they're all filed well within the 30-day return period. Lawsuits like these are for products that are widely defective after the warranty has expired, not three damn days after you bought the damn thing. Greedy blood-sucking lawyers.
post #165 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

Apple could have just attached the bumper permanently to the phone, and added $30 to the price, or better yet just included it for free. The problem with this is that Apple markets this as the first smart phone to have an external antenna structure. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but if the phone needs to have a case to function properly, then this does not constitute an external antenna.

Apple could make this go away by bundling a bumper case with all iPhones or coating the antenna. This is an obvious screw up on Apples part. This has all the hallmarks of a Jobs decision. Jobs has given us wonderful things in the past but every now and then you get one of these. Apple probably pays a few bucks on their end for a bumper case. I do believe the bumper case came about because Apple knew there would be an antenna issue and decided to monetize their bad design. Yes I have an iPhone 4 and yes I have the issue. It's not the end of the world for me but I can understand why people are upset.
post #166 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

LOL this is ridiculous.
even if you bought the iPhone 4 on the first day, you still have WEEKS of time to return it.

Have fun explaining to the court why you choose to sue instead of simply return the merchandize.

But frankly I would not be surprised if there are zero plaintiffs in this case.

4 weeks max, with 10% restocking fee. None of that effetcs a lawsuit that claims fraudulent and misleading sales, faulty equipment etc.
post #167 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve's son View Post

Did you read the article? It quotes consumers who purchased the iPhone 4 will be required to pay a 10% restocking fee; upon returning the device.

If you return it because you don't want it, sure, you pay a restocking fee. If you return it because it's defective with a reproducible or demonstrable problem and they won't replace it or can't replace it with a working model, you won't be charged a restocking fee.

Oh, and there is no ETF fee you're responsible for. Right in the agreement you sign you have 30 days.

Don't you people learn about your rights as consumers or is it simply more fun to throw a tantrum, complain, and then litigate?


PS: Watch out, Sarah Jessica Parker might steal your idea for the iPod.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #168 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

4 weeks max, with 10% restocking fee. None of that effetcs a lawsuit that claims fraudulent and misleading sales, faulty equipment etc.

Apple's defense? Faulty unit. Defective. Neither are grounds for a lawsuit without some more definitive group beyond the hearsay of internet forums.
post #169 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphtashu Fitz View Post

That depends entirely on where you bought it. If you bought the phone through Apple or AT&T then I believe they're not charging a restocking fee. But if you bought it from Best Buy or Radio Shack then they will charge you a restocking fee. IIRC, it's 10% at Best Buy and %15 at Radio Shack.

There is no one to blame (or sue) except for yourself.

Shop around...get the best deal (and return policy).

Never be the first to buy any new product. Always good to wait until revision 2 comes out.
post #170 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

This is getting good

Steve Jobs to Angry iPhone 4 User: "Relax, it's just a phone."

Thanks for the link, if it's anything like a few days ago, I'm sure AI will have a post on this in the next few hours.
post #171 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

I have an iPhone 4G
I can reproduce the signal loss from 5 bars down to "searching" then to "no service".
I did this in an Apple store for the store manager.
.
Apple could not help me. They ran all kinds of tests on the phone while I was in the store. We even restored it to factory defaults. Nothing worked.

The penalties i will pay when returning the phone are:
1) I can return the phone to the Apple store I purchased it from
2) I will have to pay a restocking fee? Not sure only had the phone a week.
3) Returning the phone leaves me without a phone.....
4) I just renewed a 2 year contract with AT&T to get this phone.
5) i cannot switch cell carriers because I just renewed my contract to get this phone and will have to pay ETF fees of about $400
6) This is a huge pain in the you know what to have to go through all this just to get a phone that works......thats all I want......

I am not an Apple basher....look up my posts. I am a Apple supporter!
I have 2 iMacs a Macbook, Macbook Pro, iPad and 2 iPhones in my house.....so I suport Apple both publicly and with my wallet.
I don't think expecting my phone to work as advertised as Steve did in his keynote presentation. He held the phone exactly as he is now telling people "your holding it wrong"
If Apple won't support their defective product then what other recourse do I have?
If I can I will return the phone and get out of my contract with AT&T. But i don't expect that to happen without have a large out of pocket expense. Tat's is just wrong......
But not all new iPhone 4Gs are having this issue.....so there is hope... BUT MINE DOES and Apple is not supporting me...instead they are putting the blame on me for holding the phone the wrong way!

Items (4) and (5) are not problems. If you return the phone for a flaw like this, you can nullify the contract immediately and easily.

Item (2) is probably also not a problem. If you decide you want to return the phone, go back into that same Apple store and demand a full refund. If they give you any grief about a restocking fee, launch into your irate customer mode and cite the lawsuit loud and clear for all of the other customers to hear. You'll get your full refund.

Thompson
post #172 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

When you say, "ALL have the same reception issue, which issue are you talking about?

i am refering to the bare hand on the antenna issue all 50/50 loose signal and drop calls, we have over 1500 documented calls dropped by iPhone4 phones.
and Apple/ATT will not exchange or accept a return without a fee.
post #173 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keda View Post

My wife and I have been waiting to finally get an iPhone until this release. Right now, that decision is on hold.

At the very least, I think Apple has exhibited terrible public relations. Telling consumers that they are holding the phone wrong is beyond laughable. Can any of you imagine the reaction of this board if those words came from a company like HTC or Microsoft?

I hope that Apple is able to improve this situation with a software patch. Until then, the reports of reception issues continue to grow, and Apple is digging a deeper hole through their responses to the seemingly repeatable problem. At this point, a lawsuit seems like an inevitability.

Very convienent that your decision is on hold, you can't buy them anywhere because they're still sold out.

The whole issue is bullshit, I've tried it on 3 iPhones so far, it doesn't lose reception, and I guarantee my hands are bigger than yours. I can cover all the metal surrounding the phone, and no signal loss.

This is a total fabricated non-issue. So tired of pathetic whiners, if it's not Verizon, it's the price, if it's not price, it's some other 'horrible' Apple crime or Steve Jobs related 'crime'.

You probably were never going to buy one, but here you are groaning about something you know NOTHING about. Or are you here to take out your frustration that you cant buy one without waiting, that you'd rather rain on everyone's parade? Nobody wants to hear what you aren't going to do or what y ou aren't going to buy. Further... I'm sure you're better off not having any communications device, because your 'content' is below par and a total disappointment to those who've been on the recording end. Until you clean up your act and come clean with the flaws in your design, we shouldn't have to be exposed to the obviously flawed product you manufacture.
post #174 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

we all covered this in a previous post from AI, but for those who missed out...
Right handed people hold the phone with their Left hand and use their Right hand to point.
Left handed people hold the phone in their Right hand and use their left hand to point. Now, this is IMO but i've heard many other's on this forum agree with this logic.

Yes but what the hell does that have to do with holding it up to your ear?

Also lefties are going to be all over the place. The world is right handed and so all lefties display degrees of right-handedness out of pure necessity. What hand are you going to use to sharpen a pencil, to grab toilet paper out of most public stalls, to shift your car, to use your mouse on most public computers, etc.

We've just adapted and can either do both, or do it right since that was what was available early and we've grown out from that.

Is my laptop right or left handed? No, but the desktop before almost always had a mouse that was right handed as an example. I can use right handed scissors because life just didn't present left handed scissors often enough and things needed to get done.

When I talk I hold the phone in my left hand. I text with both thumbs. When using the phone as a data device, I can use both hands whatever way I want. There are times when I hold the device with my left hand and point with my right but when I dial the phone I know I hold it with my left hand and dial with my thumb.

There are no pure lefties because the world is right-handed.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #175 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by themouse View Post

"don't hold it that way" was a line in a private email to one person. He posted it and it exploded over the internet. There was nothing official about it.

Steve Jobs should know better. EVERY e-mail he sends out to a private individual ends up on the internet and even makes its way into real news outlets (not just blogs). Even if you aren't Steve Jobs, there is this fundamental rule: don't put anything in writing that you wouldn't want to see on the front page of the New York Times. You can multiply that rule by a million if you ARE Steve Jobs.

I am a big Apple fan too. But I think the main problem in all of this has been the communication from the Steve. I totally support Apple's need to stay mum on this topic until they identify their course of action (hardware, software, bumper give-away, settling claims, etc, whatever) but I think they need to stay COMPLETELY mum. In other words, until they announce their course of action, Steve should shut the heck up.

Thompson
post #176 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post

i am refering to the bare hand on the antenna issue all 50/50 loose signal and drop calls, we have over 1500 documented calls dropped by iPhone4 phones.
and Apple/ATT will not exchange or accept a return without a fee.

Have you actually determined that the dropped calls are due to the antenna issue and not the proximity sensor issue? The reason I suspect this is a report from someone (I can't remember who, or exactly where) who claimed to have dropped calls due to the antenna issue, yet, an examination of the phone logs showed no "dropped" calls. So perhaps the problem is actually accidental hangups due to the proximity sensor issue. Obviously not ideal at the moment, but that issue will probably be fixed in software.

EDIT: I notice you say, "1500 documented calls dropped by iPhone4 phones," which may indicate you have determined that it isn't the proximity sensor. Anyway, just curious, how does this compare to the number of dropped calls per phone for previous iPhones, and previous iPhones used by the same people. If the rates are significantly higher/phone for same user phones, I think you could make a pretty strong case for a return without a fee.
post #177 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkm1 View Post

we all covered this in a previous post from AI, but for those who missed out...
Right handed people hold the phone with their Left hand and use their Right hand to point.
Left handed people hold the phone in their Right hand and use their left hand to point. Now, this is IMO but i've heard many other's on this forum agree with this logic.

I sometimes hold the phone in my right hand and use my thumb to swipe and type. Sometimes I hold it in my left hand, and use my right hand for quicker typing. And I can hold it in either my left hand or right hand when actually on a call.

So do you think am I right-handed or left-handed?

My point is that everyone probably uses their phone the way they want, that can affect or not affect both lefties and righties. Can we not make this a righty vs. lefty issues? Did we learn nothing from Biggie and Tupac? Let's just all get along~
post #178 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by hezetation View Post

If Apple tries to push a software update for this issue someone really should give them a good slap in the face. Nothing I hate more than companies pushing software at hardware issues, all it does is basically mask the issue without truly resolving it.

And you know this because......?

I wonder how you get to be an expert in the design and manufacture of consumer electronics simply by reading AI. Must be an amazing skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post

I've started looking around at how people hold their phones. Nearly everybody I see holds it with their finger tips. Not jambed down into their palm. So what does "held it like a phone" actually mean?

Exactly. It's almost impossible to hold the phone while making a call while covering the black bands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain J View Post

Again, I am reporting what the users are saying. People are reporting 20% battery loss per hour or two on 4. I merely mentioned iOS4 to add in that people are seeing the problem on updated 3GS's. Thus, this may be a software issue.

These are the three big threads and complaints on the Apple forum's.

When will you learn that "people are reporting" is a useless piece of information. People are reporting that Elvis just came back from Mars on a green cheese motorcycle, too. Apple has sold 2 M of these phones - some will have problems. As soon as you have evidence that it's a significant issue, feel free to provide it.

Every published report raves about the battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekdad View Post

Yeah if I asked for my phone back it would not be very pretty....my wife and step daughter would not be happy with me! :-))

So your wife and step-daughter are happy with the phone. Nice example of the fact that most people using the phones appear to be happy while the ones who don't use them are the ones complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noliving View Post

How the hell is it awkward to hold the phone in your left hand rather than in your right hand?

It's not. I hold it in my left hand - and my fingers are nowhere near the black band. It's only awkward to hold it in your left hand while cupping the bottom of the phone and making a phone call at the same time - which is how we're told we should reproduce the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezetation View Post

I think actually they did. They were so concerned with secrecy they probably had them all in those special cases that looked like the 3GS. Someone apparently didn't think to test the product in it's original form as this issue should have been caught very early on in the antennae development.

It is possible that their outside testing was limited thanks to Gizmodo (so much for the idiots who claimed that Gizmodo did no harm). But to argue that Apple never tested them without a case is ludicrous.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #179 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

Very convienent that your decision is on hold, you can't buy them anywhere because their still sold out.

The whole issue is bullshit, I've tried it on 3 iPhones so far, it doesn't lose reception, and I guarantee my hands are bigger than yours. I can cover all the metal surrounding the phone, and no signal loss.

This is a total fabricated non-issue. So tired of pathetic whiners, if it's not Verizon, it's the price, if it's not price, it's some other 'horrible' Apple crime or Steve Jobs related 'crime'.

You probably were never going to buy one, but here you are groaning about something you know NOTHING about. Or are you here to take out your frustration that you cant buy one without waiting, that you'd rather rain on everyone's parade? Nobody wants to hear what you aren't going to do or what y ou aren't going to buy. Further... I'm sure you're better off not having any communications device, because your 'content' is below par and a total disappointment to those who've been on the recording end. Until you clean up your act and come clean with the flaws in your design, we shouldn't have to be exposed to the obviously flawed product you manufacture.

Are you even being serious? I am on Apple's junk as much as anyone else, but this is just plain ridiculous.

I had five bars and couldn't send a freaking text until I took my hand off of that spot. And I only had five bars because I had JUST picked up the phone to send a snappy text. If I hold it for a longer period, the bars drop unless I'm standing pretty close to a tower.

Most people who are experiencing this issue have awesome AT+T signal. Go inside of a building or in a basement not SUPER near a tower and try it.

I don't really care what the signal indicator shows. But when my texts, calls, and data are brought to a screeching halt because of an issue that has been on the front of a variety of national newspapers, yeah, I expect Apple to do something about it.
post #180 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

Have you actually determined that the dropped calls are due to the antenna issue and not the proximity sensor issue? The reason I suspect this is a report from someone (I can't remember who, or exactly where) who claimed to have dropped calls due to the antenna issue, yet, an examination of the phone logs showed no "dropped" calls. So perhaps the problem is actually accidental hangups due to the proximity sensor issue. Obviously not ideal at the moment, but that issue will probably be fixed in software.

Confirmed with ATT over air connection lost and call dropped ... you must really love Apple or work for them.. i had less issue with ATT and Apple admitting it is there problem and they are working on it I am sure as we are a very large company and both Apple and ATT make very large sums of money from us they will eventually get over denial and give out free bumpers...
post #181 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

Very convienent that your decision is on hold, you can't buy them anywhere because they're still sold out.

The whole issue is bullshit, I've tried it on 3 iPhones so far, it doesn't lose reception, and I guarantee my hands are bigger than yours. I can cover all the metal surrounding the phone, and no signal loss.

This is a total fabricated non-issue. So tired of pathetic whiners, if it's not Verizon, it's the price, if it's not price, it's some other 'horrible' Apple crime or Steve Jobs related 'crime'.

You probably were never going to buy one, but here you are groaning about something you know NOTHING about. Or are you here to take out your frustration that you cant buy one without waiting, that you'd rather rain on everyone's parade? Nobody wants to hear what you aren't going to do or what y ou aren't going to buy. Further... I'm sure you're better off not having any communications device, because your 'content' is below par and a total disappointment to those who've been on the recording end. Until you clean up your act and come clean with the flaws in your design, we shouldn't have to be exposed to the obviously flawed product you manufacture.

The issue is NOT bullshit. You are just looking at the bars. So if you are in a high enough signal area, a drop of 24 dB may still leave you with strong signal.

Not only can I (an extreme Apple fanboy) duplicate the problem (now that I removed the bumper and held it just so) but a scientific measurement of signal attenuation was performed for multiple phones held in a death grip. (This is much better than simply counting bars.) iPhone 4 was the worst of the bunch, and the attenuation was 24dB. However, I am waiting for someone to do a comparison of how well the phone picks up signals to begin with (before the attenuation). The external position of the antenna should mitigate some of this loss.

Thompson
post #182 of 413
Not sure what all the fuss is about I have had an Iphone 4 since day one and have had no issues with it neither has my brother!!

I am not using a bumper as I don't like them so if this is such an issue I should have had a problem by now!!

Lee
macbook pro 2.9ghz 750gd hd, 8gb ram, 160gb Ipod Classic, iphone 5 32gb, ipad mini 32gb

Reply

Lee
macbook pro 2.9ghz 750gd hd, 8gb ram, 160gb Ipod Classic, iphone 5 32gb, ipad mini 32gb

Reply
post #183 of 413
In other news, Toyota spokesperson Yoki Watsamatta has said that after thorough investigation, the company advises that car owners avoid touching their cars with their feet at, or near, the gas peddle to avoid the sudden acceleration. He emphasized that the problem can only be reproduced if a foot touch the gas peddle, and then not with every car all of the time. However, avoiding the behavior of touching the gas peddle works 100% of the time in not causing the alleged problem.

post #184 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Certified View Post

i am refering to the bare hand on the antenna issue all 50/50 loose signal and drop calls, we have over 1500 documented calls dropped by iPhone4 phones.
and Apple/ATT will not exchange or accept a return without a fee.

You are full of it. They will return your money over this.

If any of you sad clowns need a refund you can walk into an Apple Store and get one. While you're there, you can try one of the many display phones to replicate the issue.

Other than that, you may want to think about other areas of your life or character that need replacing. You can also try not talking, might solve a lot of you iPhone and other issues.
post #185 of 413
This clinches it. Collectively, iPhone users are officially the whiniest spoiled little assholes on the planet. They have owned the phone LESS THAN A WEEK. Apple could be working on a software fix right now. They are still in the return window. Complain to the right people and you can get that restocking fee waived.

That and they'd rather scream and cry for a lawsuit instead of hopping on eBay and spending $5 on a case for a $200+ item. You can say that they shouldn't have to buy a case, but if they're this pissed off, I'd think they'd be happy for something that's an easy fix. You don't have to buy the overpriced cases in the Apple Store. Hell, a small piece of clear tape can fix the problem. It's a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place, of course, but seriously, a lawsuit when it's cake to just get around the problem for the time being? REALLY?

Jobs is playing it down, but it's generally Apple policy to deny there's a problem until they have a fix for it. With all the negative press, you're nuts if you think that they're not working on this as we type.

If we've become this spoiled then our society deserves to fail. What a bunch of snotty little yuppies.
post #186 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by applestockholder View Post

In other news, Toyota spokesperson Yoki Watsamatta has said that after thorough investigation, the company advises that car owners avoid touching their cars with their feet at, or near, the gas peddle to avoid the sudden acceleration. He emphasized that the problem can only be reproduced if a foot touch the gas peddle, and then not with every car all of the time. However, avoiding the behavior of touching the gas peddle works 100% of the time in not causing the alleged problem.


You're not going to die and possibly get other people killed when your iPhone drops a call.
post #187 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

You are full of it. They will return your money over this.

If any of you sad clowns need a refund you can walk into an Apple Store and get one. While you're there, you can try one of the many display phones to replicate the issue.

Other than that, you may want to think about other areas of your life or character that need replacing. You can also try not talking, might solve a lot of you iPhone and other issues.

ok so 50 different iPhones, ATT and Apple both admit the issue we have it in writing as we are a corporate customer... you are a Jerk and must be sleeping with Jobs.
post #188 of 413
I'm sure the lawsuits coming are not surprising. So what is the fix for those with reception issues? New phone? Just return the phone? Unfortunately there is no money-back guarantee in many countries iPhone will launch in over the next several months. Well, I'm on the sidelines playing with my iPad in the meantime watching this bruhaha. Ireland, oh Ireland, how I knew thee...
post #189 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob55 View Post

Why do people assume that lefties hold the phone with their left hand? I actually hold my phone with my right hand thus leaving my left hand free to operate the phone. But then, that's just me. If anything, I would think righties would be the ones holding the phone in their left hands.

Actually, I'm a rightie who holds the phone to my right ear. I think most righties use their left ear so that they can take notes with their right hand.
But in any event, if I hold the phone in the now legendary 'Death Grip', I can't use the phone, not because of any signal loss, but because that puts my fingers between my ear and the phone.
I've always held my iPhone in my fingertips for calling, and laying in the palm of my hand for data interaction, not crushed in my fist.

This whole thing reminds me so much of the old joke...
Patient: "Doc... it hurts when I do this." (holding arms over head in silly pose.)
Doctor: "Then don't do that."
post #190 of 413
The only people who benefit from Class Action Law Suits are the lawyers. Some of the charges leveled in the suit are preposterous -- it's a fishing expedition.

Someone always has an axe to grind.

I am just waiting for my VZW contract to end before I get an iPhone -- only another couple of months.

(Apparently this is only a problem for left handed people...)
--Mike
post #191 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxygenhose View Post

Very convienent that your decision is on hold, you can't buy them anywhere because they're still sold out.

The whole issue is bullshit, I've tried it on 3 iPhones so far, it doesn't lose reception, and I guarantee my hands are bigger than yours. I can cover all the metal surrounding the phone, and no signal loss.

This is a total fabricated non-issue. So tired of pathetic whiners, if it's not Verizon, it's the price, if it's not price, it's some other 'horrible' Apple crime or Steve Jobs related 'crime'.

You probably were never going to buy one, but here you are groaning about something you know NOTHING about. Or are you here to take out your frustration that you cant buy one without waiting, that you'd rather rain on everyone's parade? Nobody wants to hear what you aren't going to do or what y ou aren't going to buy. Further... I'm sure you're better off not having any communications device, because your 'content' is below par and a total disappointment to those who've been on the recording end. Until you clean up your act and come clean with the flaws in your design, we shouldn't have to be exposed to the obviously flawed product you manufacture.

I walked into an AT&T store, went to the demo model, and put one fingertip over the antenna gap in the lower left. The bars dropped to almost nothing. Take it off, the bars come up. Put it back, the bars drop. There is certainly an issue here. I'll be getting one anyway because I don't mind buying a case, which fixes the problem, but there is an issue. It's not worth this level of screaming and crying and lawsuits, but it is certainly not fabricated.
post #192 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexpectations View Post

Hey, everyone who bought an iPhone 4, you still have 24 days to return it for a FULL REFUND! There is no need to sue Apple. Just get your money back and get a life.

Yep and there's no restocking fee as the suit claims. Guess they were too busy looking for proof that this is an inherent and known design flaw to bother checking that factoid.

Also, did we ever see the actual email that got the 'then you are holding it wrong' reply. I really wonder if the tone of that message put Jobs in a defensive mood and that's why he turned on a little snark with his typical curt tone.

As for the 'unnatural', clutching it down at the bottom so my fingers or hand are covering the breaks seems more unnatural. As does gripping it like I'm trying to break it. Which is what I've seen in all these videos and photos.

And with several reports that the bar readout when down but nothing actually happened with the reception. and reports that many of these 'victims' had the same issue with all their phones and/or have crappy reception in general. I really wonder how far these suits will go. Especially without the smoking gun memo from Jobs to the engineers that they are going to release the phone despite a serious issue with the antennae
post #193 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda 3s View Post

This is getting good

Steve Jobs to Angry iPhone 4 User: "Relax, it's just a phone."

"Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it."
Will Steve take his own advice?
post #194 of 413
Apple needs to grow up. This is good. In any case, the lawyers will make their money.
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
Most of us employ the Internet not to seek the best information, but rather to select information that confirms our prejudices. - Nicholas D. Kristof
Reply
post #195 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefinaleofseem View Post

This clinches it. Collectively, iPhone users are officially the whiniest spoiled little assholes on the planet. They have owned the phone LESS THAN A WEEK. Apple could be working on a software fix right now. They are still in the return window. Complain to the right people and you can get that restocking fee waived.

That and they'd rather scream and cry for a lawsuit instead of hopping on eBay and spending $5 on a case for a $200+ item. You can say that they shouldn't have to buy a case, but if they're this pissed off, I'd think they'd be happy for something that's an easy fix. You don't have to buy the overpriced cases in the Apple Store. Hell, a small piece of clear tape can fix the problem. It's a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place, of course, but seriously, a lawsuit when it's cake to just get around the problem for the time being? REALLY?

Jobs is playing it down, but it's generally Apple policy to deny there's a problem until they have a fix for it. With all the negative press, you're nuts if you think that they're not working on this as we type.

If we've become this spoiled then our society deserves to fail. What a bunch of snotty little yuppies.


Is it too much to ask them to at least publically acknowledge there is an issue and that they are working on it and WILL come up with a solution. I think that's all anyone wants or expects. We don't expect perfect phones (although there is certainly evidence that Apple knew this would be a problem before the release, but kept mum and sold it anyway). Instead we get denials that there is an issue, ridiculously insulting emails from Jobs and everyone in limbo wondering what if anything will be done. Apple policy is the problem here, and they're being called on it when a huge issue has come up.
post #196 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihxo View Post

LOL this is ridiculous.
even if you bought the iPhone 4 on the first day, you still have WEEKS of time to return it.

Have fun explaining to the court why you choose to sue instead of simply return the merchandize.

But frankly I would not be surprised if there are zero plaintiffs in this case.

Or you can pay the ETF, sell it on eBay and still make hundreds of dollars over your cost for phone and etf.
post #197 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post

Yep and there's no restocking fee as the suit claims. Guess they were too busy looking for proof that this is an inherent and known design flaw to bother checking that factoid.

Also, did we ever see the actual email that got the 'then you are holding it wrong' reply. I really wonder if the tone of that message put Jobs in a defensive mood and that's why he turned on a little snark with his typical curt tone.

As for the 'unnatural', clutching it down at the bottom so my fingers or hand are covering the breaks seems more unnatural. As does gripping it like I'm trying to break it. Which is what I've seen in all these videos and photos.

And with several reports that the bar readout when down but nothing actually happened with the reception. and reports that many of these 'victims' had the same issue with all their phones and/or have crappy reception in general. I really wonder how far these suits will go. Especially without the smoking gun memo from Jobs to the engineers that they are going to release the phone despite a serious issue with the antennae

Where the hell do you get this? Apple's own website states there is a 10% restocking fee on all open iPhones!!
post #198 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

"Retire, relax, enjoy your family. It is just a phone. Not worth it."
Will Steve take his own advice?

What if i have a family emergency and can't reach anyone?
post #199 of 413
Enough already! I give up. AppleInsider has become a crap magnet for Apple bashing. And any link to Gizcommode is a waste of time to read. They obviously have a vendetta with Apple. If misery loves company, you are at the right place. Enjoy!
post #200 of 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by snookie View Post

Or you can pay the ETF, sell it on eBay and still make hundreds of dollars over your cost for phone and etf.

You'd need to make at least $750 just to break even.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple sued over iPhone 4 reception issues