or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › BOOM BABY!!

BOOM BABY!! - Page 2

post #41 of 280
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:
<strong>Exactly. You were a Bulls fan. that tells me enough since now I don't think you'd be seen wearing a Bulls shirt.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're absolutely right, I wouldn't wear a Bulls shirt now. The reason why I liked the Bulls then is because I LIKED THE PLAYERS, not because they won championships. Once they were gone I lost intrest in the team.
post #42 of 280
Pacers 97
Nets 74

Game 5 tomorrow night!

Pacers MVPs were Ron Artest (18 pts) & Austin Powers (Croshere, 18 pts also). Artest played tremendous D and had some great blocks n steals! And he finally made a few shots! Nice playing. Thomas dialed 1-800-CROSHERE off the bench and Austin was huge!

Until the next BOOM BABY
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #43 of 280

FO SHO' PLAY BOY!

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: TigerWoods99 ]</p>
post #44 of 280
At least the Nets are home tomorrow. They've been great this year at home so that's good for NJ.

If my parents weren't busy I'd go to the game but I can't.
post #45 of 280
All the pressure is on New Jersey now.

LET'S SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!
post #46 of 280
I'll go out on a limb and predict the Nets win Game 5 in a close one, thanks in a big part to a clutch mental mistake by Artest.

Jeff

Edit-and I don't say this as a dis on the guy-I love his talent and intensity, but at the end of close games, if I were a Pacers fan, he would make me very nervous on offense.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>
What are you up to, Norm?

My ideal weight if I were 11 feet tall.

post #47 of 280
[quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:
<strong>I'll go out on a limb and predict the Nets win Game 5 in a close one, thanks in a big part to a clutch mental mistake by Artest.

Jeff

Edit-and I don't say this as a dis on the guy-I love his talent and intensity, but at the end of close games, if I were a Pacers fan, he would make me very nervous on offense.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Sounds about right.
post #48 of 280
jeffboy- Hell yea he makes me nervous everytime on offense lol. You wanna know what I was saying during Game 3? "Please don't shoot the f*cking ball Artest please just pass it...." LOL

Hey, he made shots last night and played hard. If he can bring that tomorrow then I'm all for him. Great defensively....but I'm not feelin those 1-15 stat lines...

Pacers will shock the world.
post #49 of 280
Ooooo.....the Nets fans are chanting "REGGIE SUCKS REGGIE SUCKS!" ....you know that just gets him going...torch 'em Reg!!!
post #50 of 280
<strong>Ooooo.....the Nets fans are chanting "REGGIE SUCKS REGGIE SUCKS!" ....you know that just gets him going...torch 'em Reg!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's exactly what I'm worried about.
post #51 of 280
Jesus, you guys are still worried about Round 1??
proud resident of a failed state
post #52 of 280
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>Jesus, you guys are still worried about Round 1??</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yep. 107-107 beginning of 2nd overtime...
post #53 of 280
Congrats, but you're not a true fan.

I have a reason why they lost.....it's superstitious and you wouldnt understand but it's always gone this way.....so f*ck the NBA playoffs....I could care less now...
post #54 of 280
Oh, and I said I thought the winner of this game would go to the NBA Finals. So Nets, prepared to get screwed by the refs against the Lakers in the Finals. You'll see what Indiana has gotten for the past some odd years.
post #55 of 280
Wow, great game, that's why I love the NBA playoffs!

Just like I said, all Artest's fault !

I about dropped a load when Reggie dunked that ball, I haven't seen him slam on anyone in about 10 years, and that 3 at the end of regulation-vintage!

It's too bad they count MVP votes before the playoffs, Kidd was what that's all about tonight!

Jeff

post #56 of 280
I'm a very happy guy right now! I'm also getting ready to order tickets for one of the 2nd round games. I can't wait!!
post #57 of 280
Thug life, you're a very sore loser.

It's a damned shame that the East has to send a representative to the NBA Finals. The best series will be the Western Conference finals.
post #58 of 280
groverat- It's easy to be a sore loser when you have seen the team you literally live for and bleed for be screwed so many times, and when you've been through the shit I go through in my life. Dallas won't win a championship either. Don't you get the way the NBA works buddy? Call me whatever you want.

Artest's fault? Artest had another great game, no blaming him. If it's anybody's fault it's kevin Ollie. What the hell was he doing? Not to mention he starts jogging up the court down 5 with about 10 seconds to go...LOL

Never seen Reggie dunk the ball on anyone in about 10 yrs? Forgeting the dunk on Ewing? I'll never forget that one. And wow, that dunk was awesome tonight.

Kidd may be the MVP, because he's a no good son of a b*tch who beat his wife. I will never cheer on a guy who hits a woman.

Bank in 40 footer to send it to OT, then dunks on 3 fools to send it to double OT, all for squat.

Reggie Miller will always be known as the greatest playoff performer. It's his time. Miller Time.

The story of tonight was my superstitions working as I thought they would. And O'Neal fouling basically lost it for them. No way Croshere can muscle with Kenyon (if you're going to call someone thug life then talk about my boy K-Mart reppin for tha UC Bearcats).

If you don't respect Miller after tonight, then I'll have to slap your ass silly.
post #59 of 280
I'm too sad to go on, but one more thing. Put this one on ESPN instant classic.
post #60 of 280
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>Thug life, you're a very sore loser.

It's a damned shame that the East has to send a representative to the NBA Finals. The best series will be the Western Conference finals.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, the East was really horrible to watch this year.
post #61 of 280
That Mavs-Kings series might be the funnest of the whole damn thing, unless of course the finals are Mavs-Nets. :cool:

Outside of Pacers-Nets tonight, the Eastern games have been brutal. Often dramatic at the end, but pure carnage up til then.

Jeff

post #62 of 280
We'll roll the Kings.
post #63 of 280
AHAHAHA THAT'S FUNNY GROVERAT!!!!!

Don't care for the Kings much, but I know my gf likes them (Hell, she likes the Knicks too).
post #64 of 280
<strong>Congrats, but you're not a true fan.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

I didn't even see that yesterday. Can you shut up with that? Because you have no clue if I'm a true fan or not, just because you don't think I am doesn't mean shit.
post #65 of 280
Hey, Tiger, I don't remember a Reggie dunk on Ewing. (not calling you out, just refresh my memory...)

Was it during the "Knick killer" era, or more recent?

Jeff

post #66 of 280

I think it was the game where he ran to halfcourt after Ewing missed a shot to win and kissed the court.

Knick killer indeed.

Anywayz, sorry about that. I was pissed off about other stuff at the time....not the game....
post #67 of 280
I'm searching for Miller plays including the dunk on Ewing right now. I've been watching that shot to send it into OT and the facial over & over again.

My favorites are:

8 pts in 8 seconds vs. Knicks @ MSG

25 pts in the 4th quarter vs. Knicks

dunk over Ewing (95 semis I think)

92 vs. Celtics (pacers won series 3-2 w/Miller & Chuck "the rifleman" Person)

98 3 pointer to win vs. Bulls in Conference Finals ("Harpers on Miller....McKey.....get's it into Miller for WINNNN!!!! 4 tenths of a second!")

2000 was awesome when they killed the Knicks with Jalen torching them also (and trash talking, who remembers the "Oh I stink do I"? taunt he gave the fans?)

Then of course there was that choke he gave when he was looking at Spike Lee.

Damn.......memories...
post #68 of 280
Reggie's series with the Knicks (pre Bird as coach) were just unbelievable. The most dramatic shots in NBA history as far as I'm concerened, made all the better because you know he was taking it personally.

I'm not a Pacers fan, (except when Bird was coach-he's my idol) but I still get chills when I see those moments on replay (or he hits shots like that bank Thursday!)

Jeff

Edit-I would say Jordan hitting the last shot of his career to win the title was the most dramatic, but he screwed that over this year.

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</p>

post #69 of 280
[quote]Originally posted by jeffyboy:
<strong>Edit-I would say Jordan hitting the last shot of his career to win the title was the most dramatic, but he screwed that over this year.

[ 05-04-2002: Message edited by: jeffyboy ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yeah, that's the main reason why I didn't want him to come back this season.
post #70 of 280
What's so dramatic about shoving a guy out of the way?
post #71 of 280
<strong>What's so dramatic about shoving a guy out of the way?</strong><hr></blockquote>

If that shot was Reggie's last shot you'd love it.
post #72 of 280
Not quite. And it won't be either. He pushed off.
post #73 of 280
Well I just got home from the game. Great game. I was really surprised how many empty seats there were though. It always amazes me that such a good team, especially in the playoffs, only gets such a small amount of fans.
post #74 of 280
That rocks, EmAn, will you get to go to any others?

My sister lived in Brick NJ until a few month ago, When Kidd was traded I was hoping to go to a game when I visited, but now she's in Florida.

Jeff

post #75 of 280
Hopefully I'll go to at least one other one, but I'm not sure yet. I definately wanna go if they make the Finals.
post #76 of 280
Mavs split the 2 games in Sacramento.

Chris Webber is an overpaid punk.
post #77 of 280
I hope this series goes 7-especially since the teams are already getting pissy with each other.

Nash was all over tonight!

I don't like Webber either, but if the Kings win the series I bet he's the difference.

Jeff

post #78 of 280
They should call that series Barnum & Bailey's basketball.
post #79 of 280
NETS LEAD 2-0!!
post #80 of 280
Conspiracy.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › BOOM BABY!!