or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ladies & Gentlemen, Welcome to the New GOP

Ladies & Gentlemen, Welcome to the New GOP

post #1 of 44
Here are faces of today's Republican Party. Behind their fake smiles and folksy personas lurk pure insanity fueled by ignorance and hatred. God Bless America.

post #2 of 44
All three of these people have suggested others take up arms against the President. I know Republicans love their guns and religion, but, these are the same people who called Democrats "Traitors" for merely disagreeing with Bush. Had anyone actually made veiled threats against Bush, they would have been deported to Guantanemo.

If it weren't for Democrats, these people would not have the freedom to make open threats against our President and duly-elected government in the first place!

Discuss...
post #3 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trajectory View Post

All three of these people have suggested others take up arms against the President. I know Republicans love their guns and religion, but, these are the same people who called Democrats "Traitors" for merely disagreeing with Bush. Had anyone actually made veiled threats against Bush, they would have been deported to Guantanemo.

If it weren't for Democrats, these people would not have the freedom to make open threats against our President and duly-elected government in the first place!

Discuss...

I think that it's funny that on a lot of fronts the conservatives now have a different position ( now that the shoe is on the other foot ). Like now they're all concerned about us in wars in the middle east. Now they're all concerned about environmental matters ( the gulf ). Now they're all concerned about the deficit.

Where were they for those 8 long years?

As to the next election. Obama may have not solved all of the huge problems facing us yet. However the concervatives aren't offering any new solutions ( just the old ones regurgetated ). This is why I think Obama will still get a second term. They're counting on the voters running back to them which is unlikely as not enough time has passed for the voters to forget who was in charge during the period when all of these ills started.
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #4 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

I think that it's funny that on a lot of fronts the conservatives now have a different position ( now that the shoe is on the other foot ). Like now they're all concerned about us in wars in the middle east. Now they're all concerned about environmental matters ( the gulf ). Now they're all concerned about the deficit.

Where were they for those 8 long years?

Living in an alternate universe, obviously!

Speaking of changing positions, this article on HuffPo (yes, that EVIL Liberal news site) describes how these Tea Baggers are now actually trying to hide their extremist views to make them more palatable to more than just the whacko Limbaugh-listening nutjobs who love and support them...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_632958.html

Have you ever listened to Sharron Angle in an interview, any interview? She is absolutely batshit crazy. She says a lot of different words strung together into sentences, but, they have no meaning whatsoever. This is the future of the GOP. She makes Sarah Palin look absolutely Presidential! I guess that's the point, isn't it.
post #5 of 44
Quote:

Living in an alternate universe, obviously!

Speaking of changing positions, this article on HuffPo (yes, that EVIL Liberal news site) describes how these Tea Baggers are now actually trying to hide their extremist views to make them more palatable to more than just the whacko Limbaugh-listening nutjobs who love and support them...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_632958.html

Have you ever listened to Sharron Angle in an interview, any interview? She is absolutely batshit crazy. She says a lot of different words strung together into sentences, but, they have no meaning whatsoever. This is the future of the GOP. She makes Sarah Palin look absolutely Presidential! I guess that's the point, isn't it.

I keep hoping for Republican reform. I really do think they serve a useful purpose when they are doing their job. Keeping the Democrats in check when they get out of hand. However the government has been so stacked on the Republican side for so long it seems they took it seriously and thought they were the only party.

I mean look who's been in charge more for the last oh let's say 30 years? How come things are so screwed up if their ideas are so wonderful?

Reagan = 8 years

Bush Sr = 4 years

Bush Jr = 8 years

= 20 years What happened?
post #6 of 44
Quote:

Here are faces of today's Republican Party

Here's some better photos of Governor Palin...

post #7 of 44
Dare we post pictures of Pelosi, Biden, etc.?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

post #8 of 44
How's the circle jerk going?
post #9 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloorJack View Post

How's the circle jerk going?

Just following your lead.
post #10 of 44
Quote:

Just following your lead.

How's that working for you?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #11 of 44
Quote:

All three of these people have suggested others take up arms against the President. I know Republicans love their guns and religion, but, these are the same people who called Democrats "Traitors" for merely disagreeing with Bush.

No, they are not. They are not the same people...literally. However, were they the same people that called certain Democrats traitors, you'd still be wrong as to the reason. Here are some statements that caused certain Republicans/Conservatives to label certain other Democrats' actions near-treason:

"It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell."

--Jack Murtha on the Haditha incident.

"I believe myself that the secretary of state, secretary of defense and - you have to make your own decisions as to what the president knows - (know) this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything as indicated by the extreme violence in Iraq yesterday," said Reid, D-Nev.

--Harry Reid, 2007--as troops were fighting in Iraq.

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs."

--John Kerry

And what about insulting the President directly?

"The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid, D-Nev., told students at Del Sol High School when asked about the president's policies. "I think this guy is a loser."

--Harry Reid on George W. Bush. He called the sitting President of the United States a "loser."

Quote:

Had anyone actually made veiled threats against Bush, they would have been deported to Guantanemo.

They made threats constantly. They called troops terrorists. They undermined the war effort in Iraq.

Quote:

Discuss...

Please support that statement. It frankly doesn't even make sense.

Oh and here are some pictures for you:

I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #12 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahJ View Post

How's that working for you?

Great so far!
post #13 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

No, they are not. They are not the same people...literally. However, were they the same people that called certain Democrats traitors, you'd still be wrong as to the reason. Here are some statements that caused certain Republicans/Conservatives to label certain other Democrats' actions near-treason:

"It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell."

--Jack Murtha on the Haditha incident.

"I believe myself that the secretary of state, secretary of defense and - you have to make your own decisions as to what the president knows - (know) this war is lost and the surge is not accomplishing anything as indicated by the extreme violence in Iraq yesterday," said Reid, D-Nev.

--Harry Reid, 2007--as troops were fighting in Iraq.

"And there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the--of--the historical customs, religious customs."

--John Kerry

And what about insulting the President directly?

"The man's father is a wonderful human being," Reid, D-Nev., told students at Del Sol High School when asked about the president's policies. "I think this guy is a loser."

--Harry Reid on George W. Bush. He called the sitting President of the United States a "loser."

They made threats constantly. They called troops terrorists. They undermined the war effort in Iraq.

Please support that statement. It frankly doesn't even make sense.

Oh and here are some pictures for you:

Well we must have hit a nerve!

Yeah I know you're hoping for Palin to run in 2012. The funny thing about that is I am too!
post #14 of 44
It's called deflection. When they can't defend their own words and actions, they attempt to point out how Democrats are somehow more guilty and they have to dig deep to do so. It's pretty pathetic that a bunch of quotes from Democrats somehow absolves Republicans of all the shady things they've been doing for the past 10 years which has resulted in some very serious consequences for our country.

Remember, these are the same people who expect their politicians to be treated like saints while their "leaders" are making veiled death threats to the President of the United States.

Quote:

Well we must have hit a nerve!

Yeah I know you're hoping for Palin to run in 2012. The funny thing about that is I am too!
post #15 of 44
Quote:

It's called deflection. When they can't defend their own words and actions, they attempt to point out how Democrats are somehow more guilty and they have to dig deep to do so. It's pretty pathetic that a bunch of quotes from Democrats somehow absolves Republicans of all the shady things they've been doing for the past 10 years which has resulted in some very serious consequences for our country.

Remember, these are the same people who expect their politicians to be treated like saints while their "leaders" are making veiled death threats to the President of the United States.

Quote:
It's pretty pathetic that a bunch of quotes from Democrats somehow absolves Republicans of all the shady things they've been doing for the past 10 years which has resulted in some very serious consequences for our country.

Yes. Sweeping things under the rug ( lets just forget about 2000 through 08 had a Republican president and the worst I've ever seen ) is a well worn technique for them. It's just amazing that they try to blame everything happening now on Obama when it started during the Bush years ( or before ). They did this from practically day one of his administration. So they didn't even give him a chance before the whinning started. It's laughable. And now all the things they weren't so concerned with during the Bush years they're deeply concerned with now.

When you try to point this out to them then they shift their technique and try to blame things on the two years of the democratic congress. Two out of 8 years of a Republican president ( who has veto power and the final word ). It's pathetic. However I just heard from a national news commentator yesterday that the Republicans are trying to blame everything on Obama but they don't mention that most of these ills started during the Bush years so the country's aware of this. They haven't forgotten. That's a good thing.
post #16 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp david View Post

here's some better photos of

quit for cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp david View Post

governor palin...

yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #17 of 44
OMG. The fucking Irony Meter just broke.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #18 of 44
Both major political parties share responsibility for the current mess we're in. It's dishonest and futile to try to pin the blame on only one of them or on one person.

post #19 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Both major political parties share responsibility for the current mess we're in. It's dishonest and futile to try to pin the blame on only one of them or on one person.

Ok. Then don't let me hear you blame Obama solely for things that started during the Bush years ever again.
post #20 of 44
Quote:

Ok. Then don't let me hear you blame Obama solely for things that started during the Bush years ever again.

I'll blame Obama for mishandling those things he has control over, regardless of when they started. Any rational person would do the same.

post #21 of 44
Quote:

I'll blame Obama for mishandling those things he has control over, regardless of when they started. Any rational person would do the same.

Any rational person would look at the cause and when it started.
post #22 of 44
Quote:

Any rational person would look at the cause and when it started.

Personally I have not seen anyone blame Obama for causing the economic recession. That's a straw man. What I do see, rightfully, is placing blame at his feet for the way he has responded to it and the policies he has implemented. That is perfectly appropriate.

post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Personally I have not seen anyone blame Obama for causing the economic recession. That's a straw man. What I do see, rightfully, is placing blame at his feet for the way he has responded to it and the policies he has implemented. That is perfectly appropriate.

From the begining it's been why hasn't he solved things yet? Day one. I have ears and eyes. No mention of course when it started or how long it took to get into this mess.

If I was wrong there wouldn't be political cartoons like the ones on the Gulf Oil thread.
post #24 of 44
Quote:

From the begining it's been why hasn't he solved things yet? Day one. I have ears and eyes. No mention of course when it started or how long it took to get into this mess..

Oh please...Can you spout one sentence without blaming the world on the prior president? Do you hold Obama responsible for anything?

I certainly don't recall 10% unemployment during Bush's presidency! I certainly don't recall $13 trillion in debt during Bush's presidency!

Just admit that Obama's a moron with zero economic sense...
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Oh please...Can you spout one sentence without blaming the world on the prior president? Do you hold Obama responsible for anything?

I certainly don't recall 10% unemployment during Bush's presidency! I certainly don't recall $13 trillion in debt during Bush's presidency!

Just admit that Obama's a moron with zero economic sense...

Campy or would you prefer CD? The debt went up considerably during his time in office.

He was president when this economic crisis ( The debt was increased considerbly because of it ) started. There's no way you can say that's not extremely relevent. Obama's had 1 and 1/2 years to work on it. Bush was in office 8 to prevent something like this. You do the math.

What part of this don't you understand?

Here's a good sober breakdown from the end of Bush's second term :

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/_news...s-then-and-now

Quote:
The Bush years -- then and now From NBC's Mark Murray
With President Bush set to leave the White House less than two weeks from now, here's a "Then and Now" to show what the United States looked like when Bush was entering office and what it looks like now as he's leaving. The "Then" is the best-available figure as Bush was taking office in 2001. The "Now" is the most recent figure.

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
Then: 4.2% (Bureau of Labor Statistics, January 2001)
Now: 6.7% (Bureau of Labor Statistics, November 2008)

DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL AVERAGE
Then: 10,587 (close of Friday, Jan. 19, 2001)
Now: 9,015 (close of Tuesday, Jan. 6, 2009)

BUSH FAVORABILITY RATING
Then: 50% (1/01 NBC/WSJ poll)
Now: 31% (12/08 NBC/WSJ poll)

CHENEY FAVORABILITY RATING
Then: 49% (1/01 NBC/WSJ poll)
Now: 21% (12/08 NBC/WSJ poll)

CONGRESS APPROVAL RATING
Then: 48% (1/01 NBC/WSJ poll)
Now: 21% (12/08 NBC/WSJ poll)

SATISFIED WITH THE NATION'S DIRECTION
Then: 45% (1/01 NBC/WSJ poll)
Now: 26% (12/08 NBC/WSJ poll)

CONSUMER CONFIDENCE (1985=100)
Then: 115.7 (Conference Board, January 2001)
Now: 38.0, which is an all-time low (Conference Board, December 2008)

FAMILIES LIVING IN POVERTY
Then: 6.4 million (Census numbers for 2000)
Now: 7.6 million (Census numbers for 2007 -- most recent numbers available)

AMERICANS WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE
Then: 39.8 million (Census numbers for 2000)
Now: 45.7 million (Census numbers for 2007 -- most recent available)

U.S. BUDGET
Then: +236.2 billion (2000, Congressional Budget Office)
Now: -$1.2 trillion (projected figure for 2009, Congressional Budget Office)

And he started from the Clinton years with a surplus that was gone in 6 months into his term.

And this doesn't even talk about the downturn. Face it. Things were already in motion back then. That's why I keep bringing it up. Then led to now.
post #26 of 44
Quote:

The debt went up considerably during his time in office.

He was president when this economic crisis ( The debt was increased considerbly because of it ) started. There's no way you can say that's not extremely relevent. Obama's had 1 and 1/2 years to work on it. Bush was in office 8 to prevent something like this. You do the math.

When it comes to debt, spending and deficits we have done the math. Obama doesn't add up very well even compared to Bush. This is a matter of numerical fact.

Quote:

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
Now: 9.5% (June 2010)

NUMBER OF PEOPLE WORKING
Then: 130,000,000 (approx. 2000)
Now: 144,000,000 (approx. Nov. 2008)
Now: 139,000,000 (June 2010)

Now: 9,686 (close of Friday, Jul. 2, 2010)

US POPULATION
Then: 281,421,906 (Census numbers for 2000)
Now: 299,398,000 (Census numbers for 2007 -- most recent available)

Why does the US population matter? Well let's look at the previous two figures as percentages:

Then: 2.3%
Now: 2.5%

Then: 14.1%
Now: 15.3%

U.S. BUDGET DEFICIT
Now: -$1.2 trillion* (projected figure for 2009, Congressional Budget Office)
Now: -$1.3 trillion (projected figure for 2010, Congressional Budget Office)

*That $1.2 trillion deficit was actually $400 billion before Barack Obama came into office, re-openned the 2009 budget and added another $800 billion in spending. In other words the $400 billion deficit was Bush (and the Democrat-controlled congress). The other $800 billion was Obama (and the Democrat-controlled congress).

post #27 of 44
Quote:

When it comes to debt, spending and deficits we have done the math. Obama doesn't add up very well even compared to Bush. This is a matter of numerical fact.

UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
Now: 9.5% (June 2010)

NUMBER OF PEOPLE WORKING
Then: 130,000,000 (approx. 2000)
Now: 144,000,000 (approx. Nov. 2008)
Now: 139,000,000 (June 2010)

Now: 9,686 (close of Friday, Jul. 2, 2010)

US POPULATION
Then: 281,421,906 (Census numbers for 2000)
Now: 299,398,000 (Census numbers for 2007 -- most recent available)

Why does the US population matter? Well let's look at the previous two figures as percentages:

Then: 2.3%
Now: 2.5%

Then: 14.1%
Now: 15.3%

U.S. BUDGET DEFICIT
Now: -$1.2 trillion* (projected figure for 2009, Congressional Budget Office)
Now: -$1.3 trillion (projected figure for 2010, Congressional Budget Office)

*That $1.2 trillion deficit was actually $400 billion before Barack Obama came into office, re-openned the 2009 budget and added another $800 billion in spending. In other words the $400 billion deficit was Bush (and the Democrat-controlled congress). The other $800 billion was Obama (and the Democrat-controlled congress).

Like I've said this is a serious recession. I already knew it'd get worse before it got better. I have a feeling many presidents contributed to this but as you can see Bush was an over achiever. What part of that don't you understand? And I hate to remind you but the Democratic congress wasn't in control for 6 out of those 8 years.

And what makes you think it couldn't have been much worse if Obama hadn't taken some action?
post #28 of 44
Why do the Republicans never fucking remember this little fact?

Quote:
The Obama Administration also made four significant accounting changes, to more accurately report the total spending by the Federal government. The four changes were: 1) account for the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (”overseas military contingencies”) in the budget rather than through the use of “emergency” supplemental spending bills; 2) assume the Alternative Minimum Tax will be indexed for inflation; 3) account for the full costs of Medicare reimbursements; and 4) anticipate the inevitable expenditures for natural disaster relief. These changes would make the debt over ten years look $2.7 trillion larger, but that debt was always there. It was just hidden.

Let me repeat that last line.

Quote:
These changes would make the debt over ten years look $2.7 trillion larger, but that debt was always there. It was just hidden.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...ge_in_deficits

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #29 of 44
Quote:

Here are faces of today's Republican Party. Behind their fake smiles and folksy personas lurk pure insanity fueled by ignorance and hatred. God Bless America.

WOW what a bunch of retards.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
We are nurturing a nightmare that will haunt our children, and kill theirs.
post #30 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands Sandon View Post

WOW what a bunch of retards.

I asked a friend about Sharron Angle after Trajectory refered to her and he said he read recently that she advocates praying to God about the oil in the gulf.

My apologies to anyone religious here but that's hardly a proactive approach on how to solve the problem. He says she makes Palin seem smart.

From that article he posted :
Quote:
Likewise, on the old website, the Senate candidate said she thought "the Federal Department of Education should be eliminated" because it "is unconstitutional and should not be involved in education, at any level."

Yeah! I want to vote for her Tea Party!
post #31 of 44
Quote:

I asked a friend about Sharron Angle after Trajectory refered to her and he said he read recently that she advocates praying to God about the oil in the gulf.

My apologies to anyone religious here but that's hardly a proactive approach on how to solve the problem. He says she makes Palin seem smart.

Praying to Obama certainly hasn't helped.

post #32 of 44
Quote:

Praying to Obama certainly hasn't helped.

Nice quip but I don't know anyone who does that.

If you want to be taken seriously I'd stop the one liners.
post #33 of 44
Quote:

Nice quip but I don't know anyone who does that.

If you want to be taken seriously I'd stop the one liners.

You don't take me seriously because of my one-liners?

post #34 of 44
Quote:

You don't take me seriously because of my one-liners?

Well....ok! You got me there. It's more than that.
post #35 of 44
Quote:

Well....ok! You got me there. It's more than that.

Indeed.

post #36 of 44
Quote:

And what makes you think it couldn't have been much worse if Obama hadn't taken some action?

What makes you think they would have?

post #37 of 44
Quote:

What makes you think they would have?

The way they were headed that was clear and the economists that I subscibe to say that we were headed for The Great Depression unless we did something. That is worse than what we have. You know soup lines, much higher unemployment, real misery everywhere. We would not be having this conversation as no one could afford to have a broadband connection. A real Depression is much worse than what we have. What we got was sort a version of the post Depression years before WWII.
post #38 of 44
Quote:

The way they were headed that was clear and the economists that I subscibe to say that..

That's all I needed. Thanks.

post #39 of 44
Quote:

That's all I needed. Thanks.

So in other words if you don't agree with certain ideas they don't exist. That's all I needed. Thanks.
post #40 of 44
Quote:

So in other words if you don't agree with certain ideas they don't exist.

That's the precisely correct interpretation of what I said.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ladies & Gentlemen, Welcome to the New GOP