or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

"6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History" - Page 13

post #481 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Trumptman, just explain how the cartoon's racist or shut the fuck up.

I honestly think he didn't understand your points that he linked to about specific statements made by Limbaugh and about specific correlation between racism and the agenda pushed by the birthers, and seems to think there's something in the argument along the lines of, "If you say it's not racist it must be racist and you must be racist too! That proves it's racist and you're racist!"

Or something.

Anyway, it makes me wonder if he's ever sober any more.
post #482 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Trumptman, just explain how the cartoon's racist or shut the fuck up.

I already have using MJ reasoning. Sorry if you now hate your own reasoning. Being self-loathing is quite a problem and helps explain your anger.

BTW, did anyone ever care to explain those wonderful growth charts that all start at 1945?

Of course not.

I've easily cleared the burden of proof for all prior racism claims in these forums. I'm sorry that the reasoning and proof is suddenly crap when you like the cartoon.

Here is your own reasoning again. Sorry if you now think it is crap.

Now that we have proven that Rush Limbaugh says racist things, by looking at the things he has said, and reading the words he has used, which are racist, this thread is pretty much over, really.

Rush Limbaugh has said racist things, you see. Racist things have come out of his mouth.


Now that we have proven that this picture says racist things by looking at the things it has said and reading the words it has used which are racist, this thread is pretty much over, really.

This picture has shown racist things you see. Racist things have been shown by it.


That is your burden of proof. Call it complete crap and I'll be happy to substitute some other reasoning by you. This is the type of deep reasoning you use to make allegations or racism.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #483 of 683
I think this is it exactly.

If Rush Limbaugh is racist, then so is the cartoon!

And so am I!

Which means... trumptman can't be racist!

Or something. Anyway. Racism doesn't exist anymore. Or if it does, it means I must be racist because I don't think it's racist to put Barack Obama in a cartoon about tax. That's it, right?
post #484 of 683
It's quite obvious to me that what trumptman has done here is use the same reasoning of those who would call everyone opposed to Obama in any way a "racist" and has turned it against those who normally employ such "reasoning".

Now you know how it feels to be called a racist for no other reason than because you disagree with someone.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #485 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I honestly think he didn't understand your points that he linked to about specific statements made by Limbaugh and about specific correlation between racism and the agenda pushed by the birthers, and seems to think there's something in the argument along the lines of, "If you say it's not racist it must be racist and you must be racist too! That proves it's racist and you're racist!"

Or something.

Anyway, it makes me wonder if he's ever sober any more.

The reasoning in both threads is the same. Sorry if you don't like it turned against you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #486 of 683
Here is something Rush Limbaugh said.

Quote:
[Obama] wouldn’t have been voted president if he weren’t black. Somebody asked me over the weekend why does somebody earn a lot of money have a lot of money, because she’s black. It was Oprah. No, it can’t be. Yes, it is. ... If Obama weren’t black he’d be a tour guide in Honolulu or he’d be teaching Saul Alinsky constitutional law or lecturing on it in Chicago.

This is racist. Can you see the racism in it? He's saying that if Obama weren’t black he’d be a tour guide in Honolulu.

Do you genuinely need me to explain to you why this is racist? OK. It is racist because it is disrespectful of the achievements of a successful person, who is successful because of his political talent and intelligence, because it attributes those achievements to guilt about his race, and denigrates his race with the assumption that he should be a tour guide.

The assumption is that someone black cannot be President on his own merits.

Now. That cartoon. In what FUCKING WAY DOES IT REFERENCE OBAMA'S RACE?

Just explain how it's racist, or shut the fuck up.
post #487 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Here is something Rush Limbaugh said.



This is racist. Can you see the racism in it? He's saying that if Obama weren’t black he’d be a tour guide in Honolulu.

Do you genuinely need me to explain to you why this is racist? OK. It is racist because it is disrespectful of the achievements of a successful person, who is successful because of his political talent and intelligence, because it attributes those achievements to his race, and denigrates his race with the assumption that he should be a tour guide.

Now. That cartoon. In what FUCKING WAY DOES IT REFERENCE OBAMA'S RACE?

Just explain how it's racist, or shut the fuck up.

Showing disrespect isn't racism. Saying someone would be a tour guide references race in no form or fashion. There are no racial stereotypes associated with a particular race with regard to being tour guides or law professors.

Racism has a definition. Your explanation does not reference that definition in any form or fashion. The whole first part is merely circular. It is racist. Can you see it? It is racist. This is what all the racism claims amount to from the left.

Context doesn't matter. Just like how leaving out FDR and the Great Depression doesn't matter. All that matters is point at one piece of information and making allegations about it over, and over and over again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #488 of 683
The assumption is that Barack Obama could not be President on his merits. That is a racist assumption.

Quote:
Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.

Said to a black caller. No, that's not racist, trumptman.

Quote:
Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

If you need me to explain why this is racist... actually, just defend this so we can see what kind of defence you might dredge up.

Quote:
The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

You can't recognise racism, presumably because... you're fine with it. Well, OK. You're a product of your time and place and upbringing, and your assumptions about what is OK to say about black people are different to mine.

But you're comparing statements like these, which I quoted before, which are DIRECTLY related to race, and referencing race, and I would argue referencing race DELIBERATELY DISRESPECTFULLY, to a cartoon about tax which happens to feature your President.

And you're making the comparison because you want to prove a point about.... how not racist you are, or how it's wrong to find something racist, or some shit.

They're not the same. It's your racism, I guess, which prevents you from seeing how they aren't the same.

Now you can accuse me of racism for using the word 'black', or 'Obama', or for hating people, or for describing Rush Limbaugh as 'racist', or whatever dishonest syntactical game you usually use to "win."
post #489 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

The assumption is that Barack Obama could not be President on his merits. That is a racist assumption.

Saying someone lacks the merit to do something is not racist. Also that does not meet the definition of racism. If he said black people lack the intellectual capacity to lead, that would be racist. As usual, you make shit up.

Quote:
Said to a black caller. No, that's not racist, trumptman.

I find it interesting you can tell the race of a voice.

The rest I'll want some links and some context.

Quote:
You can't recognise racism, presumably because... you're fine with it. Well, OK. You're a product of your time and place and upbringing, and your assumptions about what is OK to say about black people are different to mine.

This is called made up bullshit. When I reverse this to you, you basically lose your shit. When I say you aren't sensitive as I am and I'll help you become as sensitive as I am on a matter then you suddenly declare this isn't a real bit or reasoning. Your logical pretzel here is amazing. You think you're looking into a window when you're looking at a mirror. You are calling the image in the mirror a racist, bullshitting liar. You're calling yourself and your own reasoning that.

Quote:
But you're comparing statements like these, which I quoted before, which are DIRECTLY related to race, and referencing race, and I would argue referencing race DELIBERATELY DISRESPECTFULLY, to a cartoon about tax which happens to feature your President.

Except you never proved they were racist. You simply say they are racist. You say they are disrespectful which has nothing to do with race.

Quote:
And you're making the comparison because you want to prove a point about.... how not racist you are, or how it's wrong to find something racist, or some shit.

Sorry if you don't like the mirror.

Quote:
They're not the same. It's your racism, I guess, which prevents you from seeing how they aren't the same.

Oh wow, what a surprise, another racial allegation. What else would we expect from a racist. I mean you are the one who knows everybodies color, background, experience and thus how they think and what they must be like. That is pure stereotyping and racism right there.

Quote:
Now you can accuse me of racism for using the word 'black', or 'Obama', or for hating people, or for describing Rush Limbaugh as 'racist', or whatever dishonest syntactical game you usually use to "win."

It's amazing how you claim motives for other, yet you are the guy who has re-registered here what, at least five different times now?

If it were just about leaving it alone, then why would you even be here? You've noted another place you've gone where apparently all the evilness you claim exists here doesn't exist and isn't tolerated. So why are you here? I've never seen someone keep punching themselves in the face and then complain about the pain so much. It is hilariously funny.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #490 of 683
So says the man who was banned from applenova for making a racist comment and then re-registered there under the name 'Mumbojumbo'.

Anyway.

You say 'take the bone out of your nose' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful.' You say 'Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful'. You say 'The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful'.

You can't see how those comments are different to a cartoon about tax with Barack Obama in it, a cartoon you say is racist and still haven't found the balls to explain why.

And look.

I said this:

Quote:
Now you can accuse me of racism for using the word 'black', or 'Obama', or for hating people, or for describing Rush Limbaugh as 'racist', or whatever dishonest syntactical game you usually use to "win."

And wouldn't you fucking know it? You replied with this:

Quote:
Oh wow, what a surprise, another racial allegation. What else would we expect from a racist. I mean you are the one who knows everybodies color, background, experience and thus how they think and what they must be like. That is pure stereetyping and racism right there.



Anyone here in any doubt about your willingness to make things up in absolutely incomprehensible ways should check out this thread:

Hoax of hoaxes

or this thread:

Paradox of paradoxes

and read the comments, and see why you were banned the first time, and the absolute fury and pity and disgust you provoke.

I'm going away until Friday now, so rage on, Nick, and I hope that whatever's eating you at home or at work is resolved quickly enough. Good luck.
post #491 of 683


I think this is one discussion we can all agree on.

Except for one person...
(NSFW)
post #492 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

So says the man who was banned from applenova for making a racist comment and then re-registered there under the name 'Mumbojumbo'.

So says the man who has repeated this dozens of times with no proof.

Quote:
Anyway.

You say 'take the bone out of your nose' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful.' You say 'Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful'. You say 'The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies' is not racist, merely 'disrespectful'.

Please quote where I said any of that. I'd love to see that. What is it that makes you think you can just substitute words and thoughts of others for your own? Obviously this superiority complex comes from some belief related to biology. You simply do whatever you want because you consider others to be sub-human or beneath you. You don't have to address their actual words. You can just make up words and allegations. You're sort of like a white woman and I'm sort of like a black man in the antebellum south. Since I'm not allowed to testify, you win by default in your brain.

Quote:
You can't see how those comments are different to a cartoon about tax with Barack Obama in it, a cartoon you say is racist and still haven't found the balls to explain why.

And look.

I did explain why. I used your exact words which is much more courtesy than you have shown me with your made up quotes.

The next little bit just shows how amazingly deluded you have become.

Quote:
I'm going away until Friday now, so rage on, Nick, and I hope that whatever's eating you at home or at work is resolved quickly enough. Good luck.

I'm sure this is only about the fourth time you've said your done with this thread. Keep linking to events from years ago and trying to make up stuff about them. It's what you do best, under multiple aliases on the same forum. Don't worry. I'm sure the reasoning of "It's racist because I'm more sensitive and because I said so" will hold up so much better on Friday than it does today.

In the meantime, the Democrats are done. Linking to racist cartoons or adding bar graphs that omit the Great Depression won't change that fact.

Also since by MJ reasoning allegations are proof, I'll add a few more of them.

Hassan was banned from Appleinsider for his hateful actions towards an exclusive group of people. His hate was so vile that even after repeated warnings and attempts, he could not alter his actions. He was thus given several temporary bans finally lifetime banned. He became so enraged by this rejection that rather than simply realize his irrationality and get on with his life, he registered again and engaged in the exact same actions. This led to banning every account that came from the same IP address of which there were several. Finally, even the moderators thought it sort of funny to watch this guy punch himself in the face, and so the last account, they merely pointed out it was him rather than banning him yet again. Now we laugh at his ignorance.

He continues to rage about how some imaginary events from the past continue to prove some imaginary allegations in his head. He continues to ignore all contrary evidence. He claims some events from some other place prove something here even though there is no evidence. The other place has all sorts of good people who agree with him, think like him and act like him and where per his reasoning, someone like me isn't tolerated.

So of course he comes here and keeps punching himself in the face for fun.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #493 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

So of course he comes here and keeps punching himself in the face for fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdFP-R_LYSM

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #494 of 683
A few short months ago these clowns were ready to fall on their collective swords to support the Obamanation. What's changed, besides the obvious fact that we're a little closer to the largest tax increase in history?

It's a lot closer to the midterm elections.

Quote:
"We should not be raising taxes in the middle of a recession," Rep. Jim Marshall, D-Ga., who's facing tough odds in his bid for a fourth term, wrote in a terse letter to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

More House Democrats call for tax cuts for all

As in, for all

Quote:
The expiring tax cuts are the most sweeping in a generation, affecting taxpayers at every income level.
A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #495 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Hassan was banned from Appleinsider for his hateful actions towards an exclusive group of people. His hate was so vile that even after repeated warnings and attempts, he could not alter his actions. He was thus given several temporary bans finally lifetime banned.

Sigh. iPhone intervention.

I'm obliged to announce that trumptman is lying. No surprises there from the man who bought you this

forums.applenova.com/showthread.php?t=27961&highlight=face+recognition

and this

forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=83664

He lies. He's a liar. The man goes on the internet and tells lies.

that is all
post #496 of 683
heh good times, going over some responses in that thread.

Totally random selection of quotes about Nick being a big fucking liar.

forums.appleinsider.com/showpost.php?p=1206531&postcount=23

Whatever happened to flounder?

Quote:
So your victim complex is so profound that you had to post a bunch of made-up stuff on multiple forums just to feed it?

That is pretty messed up.

He lies. He tells lies, and people hate him for it

Some other guy called Kieren:

Quote:
Wow.

Remind me next time not to respond to anything that Trumpetman posts. This is such a bullshit thread that it's not even funny.

People here really genuinely want to help others, and to come in here and lie to try and get some answers is not cool at all.

Someone else:

Quote:
For crying out loud! When you lie to people's face in a deliberate attempt to manipulate them, and get people to tell you their own personal (real, not fake) stories,people get pissed! There's nothing more complicated than that going on here.

Once again......
People get pissed off by bald-faced lies. It's as simple as that. No one gives a rat's ass pro or con about your gender theories in this situation. They care about being lied to. Hopefully I've repeated that enough that it actually sinks in.

You're just talking past everyone and trying to engage them in a conversation that no one cares about, because no one is going to get past your big pack-full of lies.

ah, Fellowship doesn't like being lied to!

Quote:

I was irritated with this game as well. Why? First of all my sister is having problems in her marriage and I have been there for her and it takes a toll on me as well being family and all. Some of my neighbors are having money issues and I have tried to encourage them during their hard times (their money problems are due to medical costs). Then to see Nick having "stuff" going on I wanted to extend to him my friendship in time of need also.

For the rug to be jerked out and Nick saying.... I lied to you all

It pissed me off. Being a Christian I forgive Nick right away but my goodness I hope Nick does not do this kind of stuff in the future. It is not cool to jerk around people in some kind of trick.

And Nick don't get on Shawn or any other posters here as if this is about some kind of fault on their behalf. This entire thread is your doing Nick. OWN that and move on.

Fellows

trumptman is a very strange liar. We have established that. Now you know what to think when you read the bullshit he posts.

post #497 of 683
ooh, ooh, just saw this one

Quote:
Good god. Doing something like this is appalling. If you're doing things for a survey or just out of curiosity, then say that openly, but don't lie about it. This goes against all ethical principles if you were actually doing a study and you did this. If this was just for your own curiosity, then you really need to consider your moral standards.

Gotta hurt that one!.

You started this shit, trumptman.
post #498 of 683
Anyway...back to tax hikes...

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #499 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post

See, this is what ya'll get for being all kum by ya and shit, over here. You still have human "feelings" that can be "hurt".

My years of posting in Political Outsider over at AI have rendered me a hollow, joyless, but invulnerable shell. Nothing Nick does surprises me. Nothing. And, by extension, I stare into the black heart of the universe without flinching.

Yes, I've paid a terrible price for....... wait, I forgot what I was saying.)

Ooh ooh! Don't tell me it can't hurt being busted for an incredible liar.
post #500 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

A few short months ago these clowns were ready to fall on their collective swords to support the Obamanation. What's changed, besides the obvious fact that we're a little closer to the largest tax increase in history?

It's a lot closer to the midterm elections.



More House Democrats call for tax cuts for all

As in, for all

It certainly is more interesting (generally) supporting a party that isn't block-voting and obstructing on every single issue. You see. Democrats support Obama when his ideas match theirs. They oppose him when his ideas don't match theirs.

Republicans, on the other hand, with the possible exception of Ron Paul, and possibly Scott Brown, are partisan to the core.
post #501 of 683
As entertaining as this lover's quarrel has been, it's rather tedious and off topic. I suggest taking it to a new thread. Better yet, why not use private messages?

Now, back to Obama's tax hikes.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #502 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

It certainly is more interesting (generally) supporting a party that isn't block-voting and obstructing on every single issue. You see. Democrats support Obama when his ideas match theirs. They oppose him when his ideas don't match theirs.

Republicans, on the other hand, with the possible exception of Ron Paul, and possibly Scott Brown, are partisan to the core.

Are you saying no Republicans have ever sided with the Democrats?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #503 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

Are you saying no Republicans have ever sided with the Democrats?

Not since Obama has been elected, for the most part. And it has nothing to do with the kinds of policies the Obama administration is pushing, many of which have been based on GOP proposals.
post #504 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Sigh. iPhone intervention.

You started this shit, trumptman.

Actually you're the one defending a racist cartoon. You could just stop being racist and end it any time you wanted. Instead you continue in your racism and add hatefulness on top of it. Wait you want to read some lies someone posted on the internet. Here let me find a quick and easy couple ones for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

This has to stop.

I edited my post to try and get out of this. I don't want any more part of this.

I think he's having a difficult time, and I wish him well. Good luck with whatever's eating you, Nick, seriously. I hope you manage to sort it out. You're freaking me out and I've got loads to do, so goodnight and the best of luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Edited because I kinda want to step out of this thread and do some work and not contribute to the world's ugliness tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

Edited because this thread is now... uncomfortably odd. And I have work to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I'm going away until Friday now, so rage on, Nick, and I hope that whatever's eating you at home or at work is resolved quickly enough. Good luck.

Here's a guy who told an entire forum he was going to be gone until Friday and here he is posting on Thursday. That means he told an outright lie. Additionally he has passively claimed he doesn't want to participate in this yet keeps dredging up two year old threads, threads from other forums, quotes from people who have either been banned from the forums or no longer participate.

So first it makes you an incredible double liar. Second, it makes you look like a complete nut job when you declare you don't want to participate while spamming the forums.



You're a proven liar. We aren't talking about some aged thread involving an experiment. We are talking about lying, oh... today. You lied today. Every time you continue to address this thread on these topics, you add to your lie.

Now back to the thread topic. How insane is it that Obama says we cannot afford these tax cut when their projected revenue loss is less than one year of his stimulus.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #505 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

You lied today.

So did you, when you claimed you showed how the cartoon was racist (which it still isn't, and you still haven't).
post #506 of 683
And he lied when I said i was banned for racism.

He's just a liar.
post #507 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Not since Obama has been elected, for the most part. And it has nothing to do with the kinds of policies the Obama administration is pushing, many of which have been based on GOP proposals.

But are the Republicans really the "obstructionists"?

The Obstructionism of the Left

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #508 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzguru View Post

But are the Republicans really the "obstructionists"?

The Obstructionism of the Left

That story is bunk. Every single proposal from the Democrats during this administration has started from the position of compromise (that's one of Obama's most idiotic habits). To say the Democrats don't compromise is asinine.
post #509 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

And he lied when I said i was banned for racism.

He's just a liar.

Thanks for adding to your lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That story is bunk. Every single proposal from the Democrats during this administration has started from the position of compromise (that's one of Obama's most idiotic habits). To say the Democrats don't compromise is asinine.

Yes, the Democrats have gone from a wave election that would keep them in power for the next generation to possibly losing both the House and Senate in less than two years because they took and held the positions that everyone considers reasonable and desirable. Reality is rather harsh to your "facts".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

So did you, when you claimed you showed how the cartoon was racist (which it still isn't, and you still haven't).

Actually I did but your hypocritical double-standard won't allow you to process that information. Too bad for you.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #510 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That story is bunk. Every single proposal from the Democrats during this administration has started from the position of compromise (that's one of Obama's most idiotic habits). To say the Democrats don't compromise is asinine.

So why are the Democrats going to lose control after only 2 years?

I think I know how you're going to respond (but please correct me if I'm wrong).

You're going to say that it's BECAUSE the Democrats have tried to compromise with the Republicans that they are unpopular - that if they had just crammed their policies down their collective throats from the get-go, they'd be enjoying soaring popularity and cruise to victory in 2010 and 2012.

Am I right?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #511 of 683
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonton View Post

That story is bunk. Every single proposal from the Democrats during this administration has started from the position of compromise (that's one of Obama's most idiotic habits). To say the Democrats don't compromise is asinine.

Did they compromise on the stimulus? Did they compromise on health care? Compromise? COMPROMISE? They aren't even allowing debate.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
Reply
post #512 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Did they compromise on the stimulus? Did they compromise on health care? Compromise? COMPROMISE? They aren't even allowing debate.



Yeah. Obama's idea of "compromise" is "Here's what I want to do. The Republicans are being obstructionists!"

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #513 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Did they compromise on the stimulus? Did they compromise on health care? Compromise? COMPROMISE? They aren't even allowing debate.

I think that it only fair that they don't debate the bills. Clearly no one can debate a bill they haven't read and since they aren't reading them, they shouldn't have to debate them about the merits.

I'm sure that makes to Democrats so just go with the reasoning there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #514 of 683
As I explained numerous times in this thread: Expiring Tax Cuts Hit Taxpayers at Every Level

Quote:
A typical family of four with a household income of $50,000 a year would have to pay $2,900 more in taxes in 2011, according to a new analysis by Deloitte Tax LLP, a tax consulting firm. The same family making $100,000 a year would see its taxes rise by $4,500.

Lots of luck finding that extra $55 a week.

Charities can forget about donations from those who used to be able to contribute. Forget about buying an iPad once in a while. Forget about investing your own money, helping companies to grow and prosper. Forget about saving for college, forget about retiring early.

The combined effect of nine billion dollars of "stimulus" that's failed to deliver us from unemployment misery, a trillion dollar health care "reform" bill that will only increase medical costs while burdening our progeny with unsustainable debt for generations, the threat of ever-increasing burdens on businesses both small and large who run the engine of prosperity, plus the impending doom of this monumental added tax burden presents an impenetrable wall preventing any chance for economic recovery.

Quote:
President Barack Obama wants to extend the tax cuts for individuals making less than $200,000 and joint filers making less than $250,000 in adjusted gross income. That's income from wages, capital gains and dividends, before standard deductions and exemptions are subtracted.

So, a couple each with $200,000 incomes gets penalized for being married. Nice.

Mr. Obama, tear down this wall.
A is A
Reply
A is A
Reply
post #515 of 683
The poor people in this country vote against their own interests because they all dream of being rich one day. Problem is, economic mobility is decreasing, the middle class is dwindling, and the rich are just getting richer.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
post #516 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Problem is, economic mobility is decreasing, the middle class is dwindling, and the rich are just getting richer.

All thanks to government policy. So let's have more of it.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

Reply
post #517 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

The poor people in this country vote against their own interests because they all dream of being rich one day. Problem is, economic mobility is decreasing, the middle class is dwindling, and the rich are just getting richer.

Obama and the Democrats have spent trillions "stimulating" the economy. The war on poverty has been goiing on since the 60's with no net declines. What does it take to get someone liikee yourself to stop looking at good intentions and thinking in platitudes and instead deal with the reality of life

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #518 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Obama and the Democrats have spent trillions "stimulating" the economy. The war on poverty has been goiing on since the 60's with no net declines. What does it take to get someone liikee yourself to stop looking at good intentions and thinking in platitudes and instead deal with the reality of life

Defense spending of 715 Bill/year is nothing else but a continuing stimulus package.
The two Bush wars = stimulus for Northrop et al......
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #519 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post



Yeah. Obama's idea of "compromise" is "Here's what I want to do. The Republicans are being obstructionists!"

Obama wants to do something????
How dare he.
Republicans just want to get a gov paycheck and keep things the way they are, Healthcare get dropped with cancer tough luck ..... Obama wants his admin positions filled tough luck ..... Oh but Bush tax cuts which Repubs shoved down our throats by reconciliation that's why they can only last 10 years... Ahh they have created negative 5,000,000 jobs in 8 years we really need to extend them.
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
yes I want oil genocide.
Reply
post #520 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

All thanks to government policy. So let's have more of it.

Yes, republican policy.

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply

 

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History"