or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History"

"6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History" - Page 18

post #681 of 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by john galt View Post

Why not do away with the income tax altogether? The treasury functioned just fine for over 100 years without one.

A consumption tax can easily replace the income tax. It's simple to administer and impossible to avoid. Those mythical tax shelters the liberals are so fond of blaming "the rich" of exploiting would cease to exist. My one condition is that the the income tax is gone. Forever. What I earn is none of anyone's damn business. Congress can't even define what "income" is anyway, despite over 71,000 pages of tax code legislation. The only people who would object are armies of tax attorneys who would have to find something else to do. No likes them anyway.

What do they do? They employ lots of people with generous salaries and handsome benefits with guaranteed pensions - and produce nothing.

I'd like to know of one federal agency that does its job effectively. Other than the IRS that is.

Come to think of it, you have an even better idea. I would support a consumption tax provided all income taxes (and property taxes) were abolished. Definitely.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #682 of 683
Oh look...Democrats wish to have it both ways:

Poll: Americans Don't Know Economy Expanded With Tax Cuts

Now they want to own the "tax cuts grow the economy" mantra. Odd.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #683 of 683
Quote:
President Barack Obama is open to considering the extension of all Bush-era tax cuts for a year or two, the White House confirmed Thursday, putting to a likely end any debate over whether to extend the breaks for high-income families.

A two year extension is all that's required

Quote:
Also Thursday, Mr. Obama appeared to offer another hint that he'd be flexible on the issue. He emphasized the need for certainty on taxes, a recent rallying cry for Republicans and business advocates, and termed it "critical to maintain our recovery."

It seems Democrats are concerned about jobs after all... their own jobs.

Boost for Keeping All Bush Tax Cuts

As in... all Bush tax cuts

A is A
A is A
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › "6 Months Until the Largest Tax Hikes in History"