or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Attentions artists & designers

Attentions artists & designers

post #1 of 17
Check it. I'm seeking help in designing our company's logo. I have something in mind but I can't really draw and might wanna do it on my computer anywayz.

if you can draw free hand, or can use computer programs to make logo designs and stuff, respond here and I'll tell you more about it.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #2 of 17
What do you have in mind?
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
"..do you remember where you parked the car?"
post #3 of 17
Ok.

Letters U-B-Z.

Block capital letters w/shadows

The letter B is backwards.

Now look here:

<a href="http://lids.com/pid/08174" target="_blank">http://lids.com/pid/08174</a>

& here

<a href="http://lids.com/pid/08089" target="_blank">http://lids.com/pid/08089</a>

Notice the basketball inside the P for the Pacers hat.

What I want is for the backwards B, inside both of the hemispheres on the B, a basketball design. I want something along the lines of looking like that Pacers logo except just adding another hemisphere with the same ball design.
post #4 of 17
I just made a sick logo! But it's nothing like I was planning...woah...I just started drawing and this looks pretty damn sweet..
post #5 of 17
Give me a free image host so I can this and show yall.
post #6 of 17
Didn't know what you wanted in terms of colors/what kind of shadow/other effects so I just kinda did a defaultish look...

If you really want me to do it I think I'm going to stretch the basketballs a bit more and make them fit the "B" better..maybe make the B not as wide as well.

[EDIT: Send the pic to spartianwarlord@mac.com and I will throw it up on my iDisk.]

[ 04-23-2002: Message edited by: Spart ]</p>
post #7 of 17
B letter not as wide and stretch the bballs out is what I was thinking too.
post #8 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by TigerWoods99:
<strong>B letter not as wide and stretch the bballs out is what I was thinking too.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I'll have to do it tomorrow...gotta study for Biology test.
post #9 of 17
My biology teacher was hard as f8ck!
post #10 of 17
I'd tighten the letters up a bit...kern/track them in. But that's just me.
post #11 of 17
[quote]Originally posted by pscates:
<strong>I'd tighten the letters up a bit...kern/track them in. But that's just me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

They are all seperate letters since the B in that font was really messed looking...one I have on there is hacked up helvetica...so I just gotta pull em together a bit more.

Tiger what do you want for a shadow exactly, light, dark, blury, sharp, big, small, distanced, close, from above, from angle?
post #12 of 17
I have a design that I just drew out, except I still want bballs inside of the B and I dont have that on this design. I also wanted to put it on the computer and sort of edit it, but I drew it. If I send it to someone can they possibly alter it in Illustrator or whatever? It's on the G3 since I have to hook the scanner up to that in order to use it. I think it looks good on paper but the scan didnt turn out looking as nice as it does.
post #13 of 17
In PS do a select color range on the color of the paper, then delete it. Will look much better.
post #14 of 17
I dont have Photoshop
post #15 of 17
Dilettante

post #16 of 17
You're telling me you've got a dual gig G4, 24 inch samsung lcd and no ps?

My god what a waste...
post #17 of 17
Yep.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › Attentions artists & designers