or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What recession?

What recession?

post #1 of 14
According to this chart our economy is doing better than it EVER has. Never before did these organization have this much money to spend on an election.
As to myself, I am also making more $ than I ever have.
What's the deal?
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #2 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormhole View Post

According to this chart

A source would be nice... let me guess... some left-wing HuffPost allegation?

Quote:

our economy is doing better than it EVER has.

10% unemployment, $13 trillion in debt, record bank closures, and ever increasing taxes... Doing better?

Quote:

Never before did these organization have this much money to spend on an election.

Ever hear of inflation?

Quote:

What's the deal?

Civil servant?
post #3 of 14
Here's some slightly good news ( not that it's welcome for individuals hoping for that big GOP come back ).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38146304...orld_business/

Quote:
IMF sees no double-dip recession in U.S.
But economy vulnerable to unemployment, weak housing market
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #4 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmac View Post

Here's some slightly good news ( not that it's welcome for individuals hoping for that big GOP come back ).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/38146304...orld_business/

A prediction of the future?

Quote:
The International Monetary Fund does not anticipate a double-dip recession for the United States, the head of the Fund's North American division said on Thursday.

"We don't see a double-dip recession under our baseline forecast. The baseline forecast is maintained for a continued, although somewhat subdued expansion by historical standards," Charles Kramer told Reuters Insider in an interview.

The IMF earlier released a statement saying that high foreclosure rates combined with high unemployment posed a risk of a "double dip" in housing.

The IMF also said Thursday the U.S. economic recovery has proved stronger than expected but is still vulnerable to high unemployment and a moribund housing market.

The IMF raised its U.S. growth forecast slightly to 3.3 percent for 2010 and 2.9 percent for 2011 but said unemployment would remain above 9 percent for both years and inflation would remain low.

In a statement released after its annual consultations with U.S. government authorities the IMF said recovery from recession had become well established due to a powerful fiscal and monetary policy response.

"The outlook has improved in tandem with recovery but remaining household and financial balance sheet weaknesses — along with elevated unemployment — are likely to continue to restrain private spending," the Fund said.

This is the "good" news.

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

A prediction of the future?

This is the "good" news.

I see. You really don't like anything that might be positive about the economy. Gotcha!
post #6 of 14
Quote:

I see. You really don't like anything that might be positive about the economy. Gotcha!

That is precisely the correct interpretation of what I said.

post #7 of 14
Quote:

But it's not positive. It's prediction by the IMF. A prediction is not a positive event.
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #8 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

But it's not positive. It's prediction by the IMF. A prediction is not a positive event.

The prediction itself is positive. But I know you' wouldn't even like that. " Licking your chops " is the way you put it to me during the Bush years.

SDW " : Wait a minute! That's not a real event so it's not positive! " SDW now defines what a postive piece of news is.

But I understand. We wouldn't want to get too positive now would we?

Talk about lame logic. Jesus!
post #9 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Civil servant?

No just brilliant.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

What kind of "event" is a prediction.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

A source would be nice... let me guess... some left-wing HuffPost allegation?

For computer illiterates: Hold down "control" key and keep holding it. While you hold it down CLICK ON THE IMAGE AND SEE THE LINK. (I did not mean to shout but complete ignorance makes me loud)
Huffington was a Republican most of her life.
yes I want oil genocide.
yes I want oil genocide.
post #12 of 14
Quote:

According to this chart our economy is doing better than it EVER has. Never before did these organization have this much money to spend on an election.
What's the deal?

The deal is a lack of understanding of how one does not relate to the other.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #13 of 14
Quote:

For computer illiterates: Hold down "control" key and keep holding it. While you hold it down CLICK ON THE IMAGE AND SEE THE LINK. (I did not mean to shout but complete ignorance makes me loud)

I think he meant the source of the actual data, not the image itself.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #14 of 14
Quote:

Point The First: Generally OP posters who start threads provide a link (not hidden inside graphic) with their story, in this case, the cryptic chart/data you posted.

Point The Second: Whatever "Huffington" was, she definately is now a flaming liberal leftist...
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › What recession?