or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone gets 3G video call features via Fring, poorly

iPhone gets 3G video call features via Fring, poorly - Page 2

post #41 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic8Ball View Post

Good points. I would like to see iChat for OS X updated. and Facetime on the iPod Touches.

A fully stacked iPod Touch could seriously compete with the Cisco Flip.

I think that is their plan. There is simply no reason to build, promote, and offer FaceTime for free if you arent going to make this a part of your iPod line, too.

Quote:
One another point Apple on windows - I wonder if Apple should have an X-Code plugin for Eclipse or write an X-Code for windows to get more developers for iOS ?

I dont see this happening. Everything Apple does is to try to sell more HW and keeping more people developing on Windows, minus the time and expense of creating dual development platforms doesnt seem likely. If they didnt do that when they needed app developers I simply cant see them as thinking its prudent now when Xcode is growing exponentially fast and their iOS App Store is the largest modern, mobile platform housing the best apps, bar none.

PS: There was a rumour that Marble was the successor to Aqua for the GUI on Snow Leopard. That never materialized. Gruber of Daring Fireball fame states he is sure that Marble is Xcode 4.
http://daringfireball.net/2010/06/marble_mystery_solved
Quote:
I'm not too bothered about iChat for windows provided other windows IM's support iChat (aol does) and FaceTime.

To be clear, iChat is just a client app that taps into AOLs AIM servers and other IM protocols, just like Adium for Mac OS or Trillian.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
post #42 of 42
I'm not gonna use Fring even if they manage to have video calls in 3D. It's mini-Google when comes to data sucking.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › iPhone gets 3G video call features via Fring, poorly