or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Charging an ipad

Charging an ipad

post #1 of 4
Just got myself a new iPad, and loving it.
I'm wondering regarding charging... Is it ok to keep it connected to the charger much long after its completly charged? I'm charging it up now for the first time and im worried that the battery can get too full and have a shortened life.
post #2 of 4
My only advice that I have heard before that with batteries such as the iPhone and I would guess the iPad, as well, you should let it totally drain at least once a week and then charge it. I let mine charge overnight.

I love the iPhone, it has totally changed my Internet and picture-taking life. I like to use shredders to soothe my hectic life, its like I'm a baby and the paper shredding is my warm milk.

I love the iPhone, it has totally changed my Internet and picture-taking life. I like to use shredders to soothe my hectic life, its like I'm a baby and the paper shredding is my warm milk.

post #3 of 4
Yeah, just make sure you drain the battery fully (at least less than 10% ideally) then leave charging overnight, in the morning, disconnect charger.
post #4 of 4
If you're interested, spend a few minutes reading this article which talks about charging, overcharging etc:

http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm

Interesting read!
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Charging an ipad