or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What do you learn from this forum ?

What do you learn from this forum ?

post #1 of 23
This last times , they where not many bigs news and poll in the Future hardware forum. AppleOutsider, seems to become a more and more popular place. It's an animated place, with hard discussion and fun too.

What does it bring to you , the frequentation of this forum ?
post #2 of 23
I learn how other people think. People from different Countries or States. People who are of a different age. It's exciting. I may disagree with people but it's never personal even though sharp words may be tossed about. We all are driven by a common interest and that is Macintosh Computers but there are many other commonalities that we find by discussing things in Apple Outsider.
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
He's a mod so he has a few extra vBulletin privileges. That doesn't mean he should stop posting or should start acting like Digital Jesus.
- SolipsismX
post #3 of 23
I come here because Macs are boring.
proud resident of a failed state
proud resident of a failed state
post #4 of 23
[quote] I come here because Macs are boring. <hr></blockquote>

Currently right now most computers are kind of boring. I know things have been boring when people are discusing things like Bus Speeds and clock speed. The fun times are when computers allow you to do something that you could not do previously(low cost).
- SolipsismX
- SolipsismX
post #5 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by groverat:
<strong>I come here because Macs are boring. </strong><hr></blockquote>

True ! when you own a Mac you cannot say to your PC friend that "mine is bigger than your"
post #6 of 23
I come here for your sentence syntax, powerdoc. OK also to learn something. Perhaps about Le Pen, or your sentence syntax...

--Timo, who's French is shamefully bad...
post #7 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by Timo:
<strong>I come here for your sentence syntax, powerdoc. OK also to learn something. Perhaps about Le Pen, or your sentence syntax...

--Timo, who's French is shamefully bad...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks Timo, but you have to correct my syntax, because i am agnosognosic ( a medical term meaning that i am ignoring my illness)
post #8 of 23
Not to correct, to enjoy. For whatever reason, I like hearing the French-to-English in your English ... I like that. I know, however, that the English-to-French in my French is particularly grating to French ears it's like the whole country has a rule that if you can't say it perfectly you're not allowed to speak at all.

Or is that just Parisians...anyway, I enjoy speaking nonetheless...
post #9 of 23
[quote]What do you learn from this forum ?<hr></blockquote>Hopefully to post in the right forum, doc

- T.I.
post #10 of 23
<strong>Not to correct, to enjoy.</strong><hr></blockquote>Unless it concerns a post by Anders

- T.I.
post #11 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by The Installer:
<strong>Hopefully to post in the right forum, doc

- T.I.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Promise i will not worry you anymore with my little nasty remarks : they are mods for that job !
post #12 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by powerdoc:
<strong>

...they are mods for that job ! </strong><hr></blockquote>L O L

- T.I.
post #13 of 23
<strong>--Timo, who's French is shamefully bad...</strong><hr></blockquote>

... and "who's" English sometimes ain't so great neither
Why am I whispering?
Why am I whispering?
post #14 of 23
"Why I ougta..."

Don't you have some shoveling to do?
post #15 of 23
The great thing about AI is that its an invisible community, streaching across borders, continents, belifs and ethnicity. With only one thing in common; a fruity company, that we just might be atracted to because it shows us that there are more than one way of doing things...

now wasn't that deep... hehe
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
Bill Bradley to comedian Bill Cosby: "Bill, you are a comic, tell us a joke!"
- "Senator, you are a politician, first tell us a lie!"
post #16 of 23
I learn that you can't judge a book by its cover.
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
~Winner of the Official 2003 AppleInsider NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament Pool~
post #17 of 23
I've learned that most people here are liberals.
Nov 98 - Earliest Registered User on record
Jan 02 - Earliest iPad prediction
post #18 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by JRC:
<strong>I've learned that most people here are liberals.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've learned that JRC doesn't know what he's talking about.

AppleOutsider is particularly conservative/libertarian dense.
Cat: the other white meat
post #19 of 23
I've learned that many people here think they know a lot more than they actually do...

Many think they know less than they actually do...

And many know what they know and don't post unless it is appropriate...

You can sort out who is who on your own.
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
post #20 of 23
How to say "nice doggie" until I can find a rock.
shooby doo, shooby doo
shooby doo, shooby doo
post #21 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:
<strong>

I've learned that JRC doesn't know what he's talking about.

AppleOutsider is particularly conservative/libertarian dense.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Most people on this forum are NOT liberals, then?

You tell me.
post #22 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by JRC:
<strong>

Most people on this forum are NOT liberals, then?

You tell me.</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would imagine so, based on the topics and replies. There are a few liberals that are willing to argue. Perhaps the majority IS liberal, but very few of them are willing or able to defend their positions. So in affect, the majority is not liberal.
post #23 of 23
[quote]Originally posted by Splinemodel:
<strong>

I would imagine so, based on the topics and replies. There are a few liberals that are willing to argue. Perhaps the majority IS liberal, but very few of them are willing or able to defend their positions. So in affect, the majority is not liberal.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Wow! I come away with the exact opposite feeling. I think the liberal opinion is expressed plentifully.

Funny how are take is different.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Discussion
AppleInsider › Forums › General › General Discussion › What do you learn from this forum ?