or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › You Might Be a Racist If........
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You Might Be a Racist If........ - Page 2

post #41 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Her outlook on race is not at issue; what she said is. Very simple.

The video specifically claims in its opening titles that is about her practicing discrimination in her capacity with the USDA:

On July 25, 2009, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack appointed Shirley Sherrod as Georgia Director of Rural Development

USDA Rural Development spends over $1.2 Billion in the State of Georgia each year.

Ms. Sherrod admits that in her federally appointed position overseeing over a billion dollars

She discriminates against people due to their race.


These specific accusations have been proven to be false, as the incident was 24 years ago and she didn't work for the USDA (or any other branch of the Federal Government) at the time.

Of course, that would be clear if the video showed her entire story, instead of carefully selected portions of it. I guess some magic process was used to isolate those certain portions of her story from the rest of her story.... because it definitely wasn't "edited", right?

Quote:
The NAACP charge, of "racist elements within the Tea Party" was lodged at nobody in particular and said to the anonymous Tea Party in general, thus it was a charge of racism lodged at the entire organization and entirely without foundation.I am in the Tea Party as are many others I know. The insult was lodged at us. An apology would be appreciated.

You're making your own point and then disproving it. Criticizing racist elements within the Tea Party is not the same as calling the entire Tea Party racist.

Quote:
Context? You seem to extend it for Shirley Sherrod but are quite willing to accept baseless accusations against anonymous Tea Party members as gospel. Why?

The posted photos above of signs being carried at Tea Party protests make it clear that there are some protestors (or... elements within the Tea Party) who are racist. There is no "context" that is being omitted from their signs to make them appear racist.

Quote:
I am assuming you have never been to a protest in your life! Every protest in Washington, and everywhere else, draws all types of individuals... that doesn't mean that simply because one sign is viewed in a certain way that is the way the protest organization feels!

Again - racist elements within the Tea Party. Not the entire Tea Party. Not every individual member of the Tea Party.
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #42 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Again - racist elements within the Tea Party. Not the entire Tea Party. Not every individual member of the Tea Party.

I hear there were some racist elements in the Nazi party too...not all members. Not every member.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #43 of 73
This is excellent....

Quote:
Breitbart News Wire CEO Andrew Breightbart announced today that he has acquired the rights to the DW Griffith classic "Birth of a Nation."

"Our plan is to eventually repackage it as a modern investigative documentary about the Obama administration," Breitbart noted, "but we may release parts of it, early, to ensure that the specter of 'scary, irresponsible black men,' like Obama, remains firmly fixed in the white imagination."

"I think Fox would be interested in helping us sell the 'House Chambers' scene as an undercover video of a Congressional Black Caucus meeting," he continued, "My best editors are working on it now, adding sound, doing voice overs, and using special effects to give it a more modern look." Smiling, he declared, "You know the Washington Post will eat it up." The "House Chamber" scene in "Birth of a Nation" features barefooted black legislators eating fried chicken and drinking liquor inside a southern statehouse.

Breitbart News Wire is the nation's premier source of heavily-edited video for the passionately credulous.

http://patriotboy.blogspot.com/2010/...of-nation.html

eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #44 of 73
Here are some details on some of those "elements of racism":

Quote:
Report: ‘It’s Clear That Some With Racist Agendas Are Trying To Make Inroads Into' The Tea Party

This week, the NAACP approved a resolution condemning what it called "racist elements" within the Tea Party movement. "You must expel the bigots and racists in your ranks or take full responsibility for all of their actions," NAACP President Benjamin Jealous said. Conservatives and tea partiers immediately took offense. Rush Limbaugh called the resolution "not true," while Sarah Palin said it is "false" and "appalling." Sean Hannity claimed he "can't find any" racist Tea Party signs, while Tea Party Express founder Mark Williams attacked the NAACP, claiming it makes "more money off race than any slave trader ever."

But as ThinkProgress has documented, there is racism in the Tea Party movement. Moreover, a new report from the Kansas City Star digs deeper into the racist elements of the Tea Party and citing various instances of racism linked to the movement, concludes that it's clear that some with racist agendas are trying to make inroads into the party," noting that "in several instances, tea party members with racist backgrounds":

Billy Roper is a write-in candidate for governor of Arkansas and an unapologetic white nationalist. "I don't want non-whites in my country in any form or fashion or any status," he says.

Roper also is a tea party member who says he has been gathering support for his cause by attending tea party rallies. "We go to these tea parties all over the country," Roper said. "We're looking for the younger, potentially more radical people."

The Star also found that "white nationalist groups are encouraging members to attend tea parties":

The Council of Conservative Citizens, a St. Louis-based group that promotes the preservation of the white race, has sponsored its own tea parties in some Southern states.

The council's website has referred to blacks as "a retrograde species of humanity" and said non-white immigration would turn the country into a "slimy brown mass of glop." Gordon Baum, the group's founder, told The Star that the council encourages members to participate in tea parties. [...]

Roper, a former organizer for the neo-Nazi National Alliance and now chairman of White Revolution, said he has been attending tea party rallies to recruit members and garner support for his 2010 write-in campaign for Arkansas governor.

"Liberals think these are all poor, angry, working-class whites, but that's not true," said white nationalist movement scholar Leonard Zeskind. "It's a solid middle class. The belief that these are people hit by the economic downturn is a myth. It's people who have what they want and don't want it taken away. They're defending white privilege. Their slogan is "We want our country back.'"

Indeed, a New York Times/CBS poll found that 52 percent of Tea Party supporters said "too much has been made of the problems facing African-Americans" while 28 percent of Americans overall said the same.



http://thinkprogress.org/2010/07/16/racist-tea-party/
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #45 of 73
Quote:
Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack said Wednesday that he will reconsider the abrupt firing of Shirley Sherrod, a Georgia-based Agriculture Department official who was the victim of a media frenzy over comments that turned out to have been distorted by video editing.


...
the NAACP late Tuesday posted the full, unedited video of Sherrod speaking at an NAACP Freedom Fund Dinner, and it showed the remarks had been taken out of context in the version posted by Breitbart.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz0uJvx75Tm
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #46 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Meanwhile, back in the Real World, more Right-Wing Racists Run Amok.

I'm inclined to believe those images are real because there are no fires, no looting, and no people being harmed while screaming "no justice, no peace" due to a perceived racial slight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Nope - definitely no elements of racism here!!!

I'd say no because again, I addressed caricature but you have ignored it. It's pretty easy to see why the Democrats want to ignore that though. They'd rather keep screaming racism because if they stop screaming it the country might wake up to the TRILLIONS that have now been spent and we still have no jobs to show for it.

No budget, no jobs, a health care bill that is already showing what will happen in Massachusetts and this result is terrible. People might hold Democrats accountable for their own actions if someone stops screaming racist at the top of their lungs.

When you've got only one card left to deal, I guess you just keep dealing it over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

No. You are wrong And you are quite possibly lying about your understanding of what editing is. And I'm not the one that keeps diverting the discussion - you and Camp David are the ones who keeps trying to deny the video was edited... when even the poster child for rightwing media says specifically that the video was edited.


Someone selected the exact portions of the video to keep, and which portions to discard. This selection process is commonly called "editing". It is you that are attempting to muddy the discussion - and now you've picked up the new tactic of trying to differentiate between light editing and heavy editing. The tape was edited - period. The editor of the tape specifically chose to show the portions of the story that would make the subject appear to be admitting to racism affecting the performance of her federal job.

I've addressed the editing bit. I'm not going to repeat myself. Nothing about what the woman said has been altered. Worse still you can hear the NAACP patrons in the room LAUGHING at the fact that she was admitting to mistreating this couple. An organization that condemns a picture of Barack Obama as Hitler laughs at the story of a white couple almost losing their farm.

The subject did admit to racism. She later attempts to atone for it in her her own words and declares that her racism was okay because she didn't understand it was about classism at times.

Quote:
To argue otherwise is to demonstrate the degree to which some will go to bend reality to fit their political narrative. You can continue to spin all the denials of simple fact you want - I'm done with this particular question. It was edited, and I am not going to argue that point any longer with those who choose to ignore the basic definition of the word.

There are definitions for video editing, print editing, technical editing, etc. Piss and moan all you want about it.

Quote:
I'm not even going to give you the satisfaction of a detailed debunking of your ridiculous attempt to set class-warfare bait by putting words in the woman's mouth. So... yes, you're right... the evil class-warrior woman who worked for the evil nonprofit was trying to help a scheming peasant family keep its farm at the expense of the wealthy nobles in the boardroom at the bank. And everyone who has ever volunteered or taken a job providing assistance to poor people in any way is engaging in class warfare. Yep - got it - makes perfect sense.

Well silly, she took that job to help black people, who by her own admission and definition were the only poor people. Then per her story a curious thing happened. In came this white man and he was GASP poor too. This did not reconcile with her own reasoning which says that whitey is hateful, greedy and rich. She thus did not do what she ought to for the man and referred him to "one of his own" aka a white lawyer to help him file bankruptcy. The lawyer apparently didn't help the man, I'd guess it was probably because he had no MONEY. This again confounded her. A white person with no money.....hmmmmmmm.... I don't think that can happen. It was even more puzzling because she had referred him to "one of his own" which means she sent him to someone white. If one white person doesn't have money and another does, they would certainly just give him some just for being white right? That wasn't true and so she was stumped again.

Then she came to this incredible realization and demonstrates it in her story. Here is that incredible realization. WHITE PEOPLE CAN BE POOR TOO! So since by definition her job was to help poor people, she actually.... did her job and she is now so enlightened because she realizes it is about money sometimes instead of about race all the time.

Quote:
I’m beginning to think that “trumpt” is a synonym for “straw” in some obscure language or dialect somewhere.

You're so cute when you get angry because regardless of soundbite or full version this woman was deplorable.

Quote:
I don't know why I'm bothering to continue a discussion with a bunch of reality-denying soldiers of rightwing political propaganda. No wonder I'm the only non-conservative with anything to say on the matter. I think I'll just go back to lurking and watching you all gang up on Jimmac. This place isn't just overrun by rightwing extremists, it's nothing but a complete rightwing circle jerk.

I agree that this place is largely filled with people critical of the outcomes of the policies of the Democratic Congress and President Barack Obama. All those people who once upon a time swore we were just pissing soar grapes because he would "fix" what Bush had wrought, would end the wars, reinvest in American and thanks to the timing of the recession plus his stimulus plan, be credited with helping the economy roar back before the midterms thus locking in Democratic gains for a GENERATION, are mostly gone. I think it is because thanks to Obama they have no job and thus no internet, or perhaps they simply don't care to play the race card to distract from his failures. Worst of all perhaps they might be a racist too because you know, they are critical of him, want a job and GASP, think someone else might do a better job than Obama and the Democrats have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

The video specifically claims in its opening titles that is about her practicing discrimination in her capacity with the USDA:

“On July 25, 2009, Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack appointed Shirley Sherrod as Georgia Director of Rural Development”

“USDA Rural Development spends over $1.2 Billion in the State of Georgia each year.”

“Ms. Sherrod admits that in her federally appointed position overseeing over a billion dollars…”

“She discriminates against people due to their race.”


These specific accusations have been proven to be false, as the incident was 24 years ago and she didn't work for the USDA (or any other branch of the Federal Government) at the time.

Of course, that would be clear if the video showed her entire story, instead of carefully selected portions of it. I guess some magic process was used to isolate those certain portions of her story from the rest of her story.... because it definitely wasn't "edited", right?

You're making your own point and then disproving it. Criticizing racist elements within the Tea Party is not the same as calling the entire Tea Party racist.

The posted photos above of signs being carried at Tea Party protests make it clear that there are some protestors (or... elements within the Tea Party) who are racist. There is no "context" that is being omitted from their signs to make them appear racist.

Again - racist elements within the Tea Party. Not the entire Tea Party. Not every individual member of the Tea Party.

There are some protesters who have a poor sense of humor. A sign calling the government the master and the rest of us slaves would never be considered racist for example if someone were not trying to claim and play the race card. It would easily be understood as analogy. Those who wish to silence dissention always claim race and you are one of them. You were asked what forms of caricature would be permissible to represent Obama and you have not answered. Reagan clearly had elements of his plans labeled as voodoo economics. I'm sure if we had the internet and digital cameras galore at that time it would be easy to find the photos. Bush was portrayed as Hitler, as a dunce, as a drunk, and as a MONKEY thousands of times. They aren't even hard to find.

Bush is monkey = not racist. Obama is monkey = you are a racist. Caricature is part of being president. People are going to do it and they are going to incorporate elements of your ethnicity, religion and physical attributes into it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Here are some details on some of those "elements of racism":

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/07/16/racist-tea-party/

It is hilarious that you use a HEAVILY EDITED video from an organization known to engage in slander to try to make your point.

This video right here, discredits that entire claim. So does this one which shows the man choosing his words poor has a black wife and a biracial son and notes he is talking about his heart not his skin. It shows they intentionally heavily edited their video of events. It shows they did exactly what you claimed Breitbart did only he didn't and they did. The agenda couldn't be more clear. Likewise remember that the few images, signs and video SNIPPETS that were managed to be gathered all occurred at a time when leftist groups declared they were going to infiltrate the tea party gatherings and pose as racists to be photographed.

Maybe you should just ask yourself why the racist on video doesn't even have the packaging fold lines out of his supposedly well loved and well worn Nazi t-shirt. That is why the wonderful sign already was prepared to point at FAKE infiltrators. It was announced. A few of them showed up. The nonsense around them was documented and many were chased away but if you wanted to say, take some snippets and ignore that fact then you would be... THINK PROGRESS.

Quote:

I was honestly shocked she ever resigned in the first place. Democrats never resign for doing stuff wrong. Only Republicans feel remorse for actually violating their values. Democrats just pretend to have them to get elected. Then they bang staffers, or cheat on their wife who has cancer WHILE running for president, or they let prostitution rings be run out of their home, or they assault their masseuses and then go about their normal business.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #47 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

I'm inclined to believe those images are real because there are no fires, no looting, and no people being harmed while screaming "no justice, no peace" due to a perceived racial slight..

Well there wouldn't be would there? Not due to a racial slight - those guys are Right-wingers....you can tell by the monobrows and the way their knuckles drag on the ground.

Btw, there was going to be some fires and looting but they spotted some 'Muslins' and had to beat them to a pulp instead.

There were going to be some photographs of it but it seems that the photographer wasn't quite ethnically pure so he had his head kicked in too.
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #48 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

Well there wouldn't be would there? Not due to a racial slight - those guys are Right-wingers....you can tell by the monobrows and the way their knuckles drag on the ground.

Btw, there was going to be some fires and looting but they spotted some 'Muslins' and had to beat them to a pulp instead.

There were going to be some photographs of it but it seems that the photographer wasn't quite ethnically pure so he had his head kicked in too.

Amazing how now one, even in the midst of getting their head kicked in, managed to get a shot or video of that when all the cell phones today have such abilities and could have even transmitted it up to teh internets and the YouTubes before the pummeling was finished.

I've heard they even have touch screens on them in this day and age so the monobrows can't figure out how to work them just by pressing on buttons until something happens.

We are told that there are not bad decisions, just bad environments, bad parents, and bad laws that don't stop people from acting bad. What wonderful circumstances have lead to the creation of these groups in the U.K.? It listed what cities the arrested were from. Perhaps you can share what it is about these deplorable locations that motivates such beliefs. Also what is it that makes there racism so much more orderly than say, the classism and racism in other places practiced by the left where mass beatings, burnings, and lootings transpire?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #49 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

We are told that there are not bad decisions, just bad environments, bad parents, and bad laws that don't stop people from acting bad. What wonderful circumstances have lead to the creation of these groups in the U.K.? It listed what cities the arrested were from. Perhaps you can share what it is about these deplorable locations that motivates such beliefs. Also what is it that makes there racism so much more orderly than say, the classism and racism in other places practiced by the left where mass beatings, burnings, and lootings transpire?

I think that's true.

A lot of these losers come from very poor backgrounds and areas and the education they received was perhaps not the best - most seem to have grown up during the extreme-Right Thatcher years where education was slashed to the bone.

Having said that though, getting one's head kicked in is traditional in the UK, well England anyway, and many of these thugs are merely football hooligans conscripted by the Right.

They don't really have much upstairs and thinking is not quite their thing if you catch my drift - which is why they are attracted to Right-wing stuff I guess.

You wouldn't want to meet one though.

There's a Banksy picture that I love which sums it all up..



Can I ask you something Trumps? When you see some of your fellow travellers, aren't you ever just a little embarrassed to be so Right-wing?
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
Reply
post #50 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

I think that's true.

A lot of these losers come from very poor backgrounds and areas and the education they received was perhaps not the best - most seem to have grown up during the extreme-Right Thatcher years where education was slashed to the bone.

However apparently they were only slashed and yielded a bad result in certain cities and with certain people. That seems to be a curiously selective effect.

Quote:
Having said that though, getting one's head kicked in is traditional in the UK, well England anyway, and many of these thugs are merely football hooligans conscripted by the Right.

I wasn't aware there was a draft merely for those who watch sports.

Quote:
They don't really have much upstairs and thinking is not quite their thing if you catch my drift - which is why they are attracted to Right-wing stuff I guess.

You wouldn't want to meet one though.

If you want to meet someone who doesn't have much upstairs, then meet those wonderful parties under affirmative action who manage to be admitted, but often flunk out. They don't need nor receive much real education because thanks to ethnic and gender studies, they themselves are the course of study and they already have an "A" in that. They become the unemployable or sometimes secure funding to be "community organizers" or perhaps "community activists."

You wouldn't want to have one actually make policy or worse still, try to create a job for you.
Quote:
Can I ask you something Trumps? When you see some of your fellow travellers, aren't you ever just a little embarrassed to be so Right-wing?

Well I'm not "so right-wing" as you put it except to you who defines pretty anyone who isn't a communist as a hard-core fascist.

However aren't YOU embarrassed by the rank power grabs, the buying of votes, the continual surveillance state, the massive incompetence, and outright lies put forward by the left. I mean forget the massive genocide put across by Lenin, Mao and others.

I mean doesn't stuff like this even embarrass you?

Quote:
The Daily Caller revealed Monday that then-Washington Independent reporter Spencer Ackerman argued during the 2008 presidential campaign that the best way to combat criticism of President Obama’s former pastor Rev. Jeremiah Wright was to accuse those who raised the issue of racism.

“If the right forces us all to either defend Wright or tear him down, no matter what we choose, we lose the game they’ve put upon us,” Ackerman wrote on the Journolist listserv in April 2008. “Instead, take one of them — Fred Barnes, Karl Rove, who cares — and call them racists.

While many members of the group voiced concerns about Ackerman on strategic grounds, there seemed to be no clear disagreement with the substance. The strongest repudiation came from Mark Schmitt, now at the liberal magazine the American Prospect, who said the tactic of calling conservatives racist would do nothing to advance the argument.

If we are in a bad spot, let's just have the members of the liberal media complex, who all get their talking points from the government and then discuss via a private listserv how to best reinforce and sell those talking points, let's just have them make up charges of racism and repeat them in an echo chamber until someone thinks their true.

It's amazing because that is exactly what has happened several times now.

Quote:
There's a Banksy picture that I love which sums it all up..

Why is it I can produce pictures of violence and you can produce....paintings.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #51 of 73
Thread Starter 
Another FYI it turns out the person that THINKPROGRESS continues to associate with the tea party was expelled from the very first moment and first event he attended. He continues to try to associate himself with the tea party and the members of the tea party do everything legally possible to stop this.

Quote:
Jealous’s charge that tea parties do not “speak up and speak out” about racist members and state “there’s no space for racism in the tea party” are just absurd. Here at Houston Tea Party Society, we’ve dealt with our own pet “nutjobs” from Day One. DAY ONE. Yes, at our very first tea party event in February of 2009, this piece of work strolled in with his awful sign, attracting the lone media camera and sentencing us to an eternity of disassociation. We dealt with him on that day, expelling him from the event. We dealt with him again when he bought up all manner of DBAs to “corner the market” on local names of organizations. We dealt with him yet again when he started agressively billing himself as the Founder of the Tea Party. We couldn’t create more “space” between us if we tried, and this has been documented time and time again.

The news doesn't care to repeat such information though. They'd rather play that THINKPROGESS lie again.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #52 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by segovius View Post

You might need urgent psychological help if:
  • You cannot stop talking about Obama
  • You cannot stop thinking about Obama
  • You cannot stop posting about Obama
  • You wake up in the night frothing at the mouth about Obama

Or oth you might just be another right-wing lamer.

Is that like Bush Derangement Syndrome?
post #53 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post















Nope - definitely no elements of racism here!!!

These people are left wing plants. It's well known.

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...party-rallies/

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/12...rty-saboteurs/
post #54 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Common Man View Post

These people are left wing plants. It's well known.

http://biggovernment.com/jhoft/2010/...party-rallies/

http://michellemalkin.com/2010/04/12...rty-saboteurs/


Do you have any "Moe" reliable and impartial sources besides Breitbart and Malkin?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #55 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post


Do you have any "Moe" reliable and impartial sources besides Breitbart and Malkin?

The Frugal Cafe is always a good source.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_ht...tist-crashers/
post #56 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

Do you have any "Moe" reliable and impartial sources besides Breitbart and Malkin?

Did you read the sources or just dismiss the facts because they don't meet your Arianna Huffington worldview?
post #57 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

Did you read the sources or just dismiss the facts because they don't meet your Arianna Huffington worldview?

I read the sources.

There is just general evidence given that certain leftwing organizations urged the "infiltration" of the Tea Party in order to discredit.

ZERO evidence is given that any of the signs I posted were signs belonging to (even alleged) infiltrators.

On the other hand.... it's been very well established that the first photo depicts Tea Party Spokesman and owner/operator of TeaParty.org, Dale Robertson.
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Got any MOE?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #58 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

I read the sources.

I doubt you did. Reason for it is the "infiltration" of legitimate Tea Party protests is a known habit of liberals.

The American Thinker chronicled instances of it happening and Tea Parties targeted:
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/...for_infil.html

Newspapers across the nation have documented instances of it happening:
http://blog.oregonlive.com/mapesonpo...es_invest.html

Breatbart.com cited facts relating to those wishing to target gatherings:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9F1PU2O0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

ZERO evidence is given that any of the signs I posted were signs belonging to (even alleged) infiltrators.

You're wrong! If you refuse to accept the evidence posted you're in complete denial...

http://dailybail.com/home/exposed-cr...on-effort.html

http://bigjournalism.com/wthuston/20...o-hatemongers/
post #59 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

You're wrong! If you refuse to accept the evidence posted you're in complete denial...

http://dailybail.com/home/exposed-cr...on-effort.html

http://bigjournalism.com/wthuston/20...o-hatemongers/

You're completely wrong in asserting that either of those links provides even the slightest bit of evidence that the signs I posted belonged to "infiltrators".

All they "prove" is that one or two websites issued a call for "infiltrators."
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #60 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

All they "prove" is that....

As I said, they seem to indicate you dismiss the facts because they don't meet your Arianna Huffington worldview. The evidence is there of liberal infiltrators. Your denial of the facts is another issue.
post #61 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

I read the sources.

There is just general evidence given that certain leftwing organizations urged the "infiltration" of the Tea Party in order to discredit.

ZERO evidence is given that any of the signs I posted were signs belonging to (even alleged) infiltrators.

On the other hand.... it's been very well established that the first photo depicts Tea Party Spokesman and owner/operator of TeaParty.org, Dale Robertson.
http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Got any MOE?


Robertson was asked to leave because of that sign. The Tea Party didn't tolerate it. I wonder how many horrid anti-Bush signs were turned away by the organizers of leftist anti-military rallies.

http://washingtonindependent.com/730...a-party-leader
post #62 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camp David View Post

As I said, they seem to indicate you dismiss the facts because they don't meet your Arianna Huffington worldview. The evidence is there of liberal infiltrators. Your denial of the facts is another issue.



I am not denying that there was a call for infiltrators, nor that there may have been infiltrators.

Once again - evidence that there was a call for infiltrators, and even evidence that the Tea Party was infiltrated by specific individuals, is not any evidence whatsoever that the signs I posted were created and displayed by infiltrators.

This I know because of my reality-based worldview.
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #63 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Common Man View Post

Robertson was asked to leave because of that sign. The Tea Party didn't tolerate it. I wonder how many horrid anti-Bush signs were turned away by the organizers of leftist anti-military rallies.

http://washingtonindependent.com/730...a-party-leader

Kudos for the Tea Party if they asked him to leave.

But again - this is NOT evidence that he was an "infiltrator". In fact, the available evidence suggests that he was one of the earliest supporters and organizers of the Tea Party movement. And yet - your initial post in this thread claims "These people are left wing plants. It's well known".

Are you claiming that Dale Robertson is a "left wing plant", or not?
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #64 of 73
Thread Starter 
Dale Robertson was addressed but people can't read the links I guess.

If you are going to ask for evidence, you might have to actually look at what was presented.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Dale Robertson was addressed but people can't read the links I guess.

If you are going to ask for evidence, you might have to actually look at what was presented.

All I see is a bunch of references to the existence of a website called CrashTheTeaParty.org.

Can you cite and quote what I'm missing about Robertson?

Not something saying he was asked to leave (which I've not disputed), but something that says he was a plant or infiltrator.
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #66 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

All I see is a bunch of references to the existence of a website called CrashTheTeaParty.org.

Can you cite and quote what I'm missing about Robertson?

Not something saying he was asked to leave (which I've not disputed), but something that says he was a plant or infiltrator.

I didn't say Robertson was an liberal infiltrator. The anonymous Nazi guy was a liberal infiltrator and so were several other folks who I had links to that showed pictures of them being point out as such by tea party members.

Robertson is just a known racist, who was racist before the tea party even existed and continues to try to associate himself and make claims with regard to it that have been repeatedly fought against and disassociated from by the tea party itself.

The NAACP claim was that the tea party does not speak up or out about racism. The link showed quote the opposite with regard to Robertson.


Quote:
Jealous’s charge that tea parties do not “speak up and speak out” about racist members and state “there’s no space for racism in the tea party” are just absurd. Here at Houston Tea Party Society, we’ve dealt with our own pet “nutjobs” from Day One. DAY ONE. Yes, at our very first tea party event in February of 2009, this piece of work strolled in with his awful sign, attracting the lone media camera and sentencing us to an eternity of disassociation. We dealt with him on that day, expelling him from the event. We dealt with him again when he bought up all manner of DBAs to “corner the market” on local names of organizations. We dealt with him yet again when he started agressively billing himself as the Founder of the Tea Party. We couldn’t create more “space” between us if we tried, and this has been documented time and time again.


This was the press release sent out with regard to him.


Quote:
In response to questions we have received regarding Dale Robertson and his involvement with HoustonTPS, and specifically in reference to his attendance at our rally on 27 Feb 2009, we would like to state that:

1. He is NOT a member of our Leadership team.

2. He owns a website with which we have never been affiliated.

3. He has never been a part of organizing any of the Tea Party rallies in the Houston area, or any other area that we can find.

4. We addressed some issues involving him back in April. Here it is on our website, where Mr. Robertson himself comments: http://houstontps.org/?p=318

5. We do not choose to associate with people that use his type of disgusting language.

A search on Google yields plenty of information about Mr. Robertson, and a search of the various leadership teams among legitimate national tea party organizations show him nowhere to be found.

Besides expelling him, repudiating him, sending put press releases declaring he is in no form or fashion associated with him, and even helping to point out his lies and claims, what more can they do? The man just showed up with a sign one time, and is a party of one going around making his claims. He isn't an infiltrator in the sense that he was cajoled into doing what he does by some liberal website. He is an infiltrator in the sense that he has showed up, adopted the titles, made claims about being a member and leader when the other members do not want him and in no form or fashion are lead by him. He meets the classic definition of infiltrate.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #67 of 73
So then... when Common Moe said "These people are left wing plants. It's well known" in response to my post, he was wrong.

And there is no evidence that any of the signs I posted belonged to "left wing plants".

And the Houston TPS links you just posted in regard to Robertson, were NOT previously posted as you claimed.

Thanks for making my point for me, Trumpt!
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
eye
bee
BEE
Reply
post #68 of 73
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerLurker View Post

So then... when Common Moe said "These people are left wing plants. It's well known" in response to my post, he was wrong.

And there is no evidence that any of the signs I posted belonged to "left wing plants".

And the Houston TPS links you just posted in regard to Robertson, were NOT previously posted as you claimed.

Thanks for making my point for me, Trumpt!

As for the TPS link, yeah it kind of was posted previously.

I posted numerous links to pics of infiltrators. You didn't address any of them. I also have requested multiple times for you to address what manner it is acceptable to caricature President Obama and have it not be declared racist and you haven't addressed that either. I would say that with regard to the pics you posted, that both of you have to be wrong if for no other reason than most of the pics show absolutely no one holding them. One looks like a roadside billboard. Another looks like a sign in front of a hardware store. The last one looks like a homemade yard sign. What rationale can be used to assign any of those to the Tea Party? So out of six signs you posted. We've proven that one person outright has been disavowed in every form and fashion by the tea party. That sign cannot be assigned to the tea party. Three more signs are not signs from a protest but just random signs on the side of the road, or wherever. Those cannot be assigned to the tea party. That leaves two signs that while in poor taste, are not racist. They are caricature and no different from a million signs you could find that addressed Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc. in a similar fashion.

That leaves you 0 for 6.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #69 of 73
Thread Starter 
Fake Tea Party = Democrats.

Quote:
In New Jersey, a "Tea Party" candidate surfaces but local activists haven't heard of him. In Michigan, a Democratic operative appears closely tied to a slate of candidates running under the Tea Party banner. In Florida, conservative activists are locked in court over the right to use the Tea Party name.

The list of peculiar Tea Party happenings goes on and on.

As the midterm election nears, allegations are surfacing across the country that Democrats are exploiting conservatives' faith in the Tea Party name by putting up bogus candidates in November -- the claim is that those "Tea Party" candidates will split the GOP vote and clear the way for Democratic victories.

The theories may prove to be more than just conspiracy talk. Some of the allegations are coming directly from local Tea Party activists who are trying to flag the media and election officials as soon as they smell something fishy on the ballot. And they say they've got proof.

Democrats. They don't just lie and spin about their own actions. They pretend to be you and lie and spin about your actions as well.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #70 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumptman View Post

Fake Tea Party = Democrats.



Democrats. They don't just lie and spin about their own actions. They pretend to be you and lie and spin about your actions as well.

When you can't win in the arena of ideas, you must resort to despicable tactics such as these.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
post #71 of 73
Thread Starter 
Yep and it continues to get worse too.

When will people wake up to the reality?!?

EDIT: Found a bit more!



Those tea party supposed racists are nothing more than Democrats acting how they normally act.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #72 of 73
Thread Starter 

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

Reply
post #73 of 73

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › You Might Be a Racist If........