or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jesse Jackson: "Cavs owner views Lebron as a slave."

Jesse Jackson: "Cavs owner views Lebron as a slave."

post #1 of 4
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...s4vYROU425CobP

Quote:

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers," Jackson said. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave."

Added Jackson, "LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert's plantation and be demeaned. He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the State of Ohio and the United States."

After reading this, I had a reaction I've never had to Jackson: True outrage. I've always viewed Jackson as an opportunist clown in the past. I know he's a man of poor character, one who's perverted MLK's dream to shakedown companies and serve his own interest. And, there no doubt that he is acting as an opportunistic clown here, fighting to stay relevant with his comments.

But something's different this time. He accused the owner of the Cavs--Dan Gilbert--of being a racist and viewing Lebron James as a slave that works on a plantation. It's a vicious personal attack, one that may land him in trouble for defamation. Obviously the comments are absurdly stupid as well, but that doesn't change how horrid they are.

As for Gilbert's initial reaction to Lebron leaving Cleveland: It was probably not a good idea to go as far as he did.. He was melodramatic, if nothing else. Clearly, his comments were motivated by the fact that Lebron allegedly did not tell him of his decision in advance--Gilbert found out during Lebron's TV special (a disgusting display in itself, by the way). Reportedly, Lebron refused to communicate with Gilbert at ALL for up to 10 days before his "decision." Good idea or not, though..there was no mention or implication of race on Gilbert's part. As a casual observer of the whole situation prior to Jackson's comments, race did not even enter my mind.

Personally, it is my hope that Gilbert sues Jackson for defamation of character. People like Jackson make a mockery of race relations in this country by stirring up animosity and controversy for their own personal enrichment. I look forward to Jackson being forced to apologize and pay civil penalties.

Your thoughts?
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
I can only please one person per day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look good either.  
post #2 of 4
I've personally always thoughts of a max NBA contract as a form of slavery. I mean they were only going to pay him, what $25 million a year or so?

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW2001 View Post

Personally, it is my hope that Gilbert sues Jackson for defamation of character. People like Jackson make a mockery of race relations...

I plan to send Dan Gilbert, owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers, a few bucks to help him with the NBA fine since I thought it was absurd... personally he should have renamed the women's toilet at Cleveland Cavaliers Arena the LeBron Memorial... Two Relevant Links For You =>

Kids sell lemonade to support Cavs owner
http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/sports/b...ort-cavs-owner

+

Jesse Jackson Race Baiting Again
http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/Jesse-J...ing-Again.aspx
post #4 of 4
Funny, I didn't realize that you had to pay a slave $25 million. How did so many people use to afford them? Inflation is definitely out of control these days.

Why does anyone take Jesse Jackson seriously anymore?
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
NoahJ
"It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err." - Mahatma Gandhi
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Jesse Jackson: "Cavs owner views Lebron as a slave."