or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple posts videos of press conference, antenna performance, test chambers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple posts videos of press conference, antenna performance, test chambers

post #1 of 284
Thread Starter 
Apple has added a new section to its website, informing consumers about the external antenna featured on the iPhone 4 and how users may experience signal loss. It also revealed its internal antenna testing chambers, and posted video of Friday's press conference in its entirety.

The new site apple.com/antenna aims to inform users about attenuation and signal loss. It notes that all antennas on all devices, including TV, radio, GPS and cell phones, can experience attenuation when obstructed.

The site includes videos that show users how holding the iPhone 4 in the incorrect way, covering the bottom left corner of the device, can result in a loss of signal with the iPhone 4. Other smartphones are highlighted as well, including the BlackBerry Bold 9700, HTC Droid Eris, Samsung Omnia II, and iPhone 3GS.

Another section of the site shows an inside look at Apple's antenna design and test labs.

"Apple has invested more than $100 million building its advanced antenna design and test labs," the company said. "Our engineers have logged thousands of hours designing and testing iPhone 4 in these state-of-the-art facilities."

The goal of the site is to convey to consumers that Apple always conducts thorough testing of its products before they are released. The labs feature 17 different antenna characterization chambers, also known as anechoic chambers, that are designed to accurately measure antenna and wireless performance. Video footage of the chambers is also available.



Finally, the entire video of Friday's press conference is also available on Apple's website. The event, held at the company's campus in Cupertino, Calif., can be streamed in low, medium or high bandwidth qualities.
post #2 of 284
First!

Now, we can recap what we've learned from this:

1. All the analysts who chimed in on this don't know anything and can safely be ignored in the future.

2. In spite of hard data that the iPhone 4 is a great phone, the press managed to blow this up into a huge fiasco. Beware of sensationalistic junk you read in the press.

3. In spite of significant data that there's no problem, Apple once again stepped up with an extra to try to make customers happy. And then got criticized by the whiners...

4. Consumer Reports said that the iPhone 4 was the best phone out there except for the alleged reception problems and they couldn't recommend it unless Apple offered a free solution. Apple has done so - where is your recommendation, CR? So much for 'fair and unbiased"

5. All the reports of 'massive' 'universal' problems were grossly exaggerated. Do not believe that kind of hype.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #3 of 284
Apple, you're out of your minds after having worked your butts off! Speak about your products. Only yours!

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply

We mean Apple no harm.

People are lovers, basically. -- Engadget livebloggers at the iPad mini event.

Reply
post #4 of 284
Your link to the video is wrong. It goes to the WWDC event last month.

All the sites that are saying today's press conference video is live all link to this WWDC event. They're all wrong.
post #5 of 284
The press conference could not have gone better for Apple. Nice job, Steve.
Love The MAC, Hate On The FanBoy
Reply
Love The MAC, Hate On The FanBoy
Reply
post #6 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatdoro View Post

Your link to the video is wrong. It goes to the WWDC event last month.

All the sites that are saying today's press conference video is live all link to this WWDC event. They're all wrong.

you could have helped, but you chose just to point out errors instead.
here's the link:
http://www.apple.com/apple-events/july-2010/
post #7 of 284
I loved the piece when Jobs revealed Apple sends a team of investigators with high tech equipment to the homes of customers who email him with supposedly reception problems.

Class!

Images of that scene from ET where they turn up at the house with Lab suits and Geiger counters spring to mind.

I can just their faces.

'ET iPhone home"
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
post #8 of 284
Spin control - Jobs is good at it. He said nothing that anyone hadn't already known, except to deny any prior knowledge of the problem, and promised nothing other than they were going to continue working to make the antenna issue less of an issue - and you get a free case (sorry, we can't take a hit on our bumper gross margins), so you get a nifty 50 cent case for your trouble.

They are obviously working on version 2 of the iP4, and I will wait until there is a hint of when it will arrive, because I got tired of dropping downloads all the time, which didn't happen in my 3G - ever. Yes, you infantile posters may label me a whiner, but I haven't had that argument since I was in 6th grade, so save your breath. I own a large amount of Apple stock, so it does me no good to continue to look on Jobs with a bit of skepticism, but he is, after all, a master, and you have to tip your cap to him, even if you can read between the lines just fine.
post #9 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

First!

Now, we can recap what we've learned from this:

1. All the analysts who chimed in on this don't know anything and can safely be ignored in the future.

2. In spite of hard data that the iPhone 4 is a great phone, the press managed to blow this up into a huge fiasco. Beware of sensationalistic junk you read in the press.

3. In spite of significant data that there's no problem, Apple once again stepped up with an extra to try to make customers happy. And then got criticized by the whiners...

4. Consumer Reports said that the iPhone 4 was the best phone out there except for the alleged reception problems and they couldn't recommend it unless Apple offered a free solution. Apple has done so - where is your recommendation, CR? So much for 'fair and unbiased"

5. All the reports of 'massive' 'universal' problems were grossly exaggerated. Do not believe that kind of hype.

Your still in denial?? After Apple even admitted it? Come on now, multiple reviews have tested it an confirmed it. Many people I know have experienced the problem.

The fact is that Apple had a design constraint, the thinness, and had to engineer around that, resulting in risky antenna placement. Reports show that experts at Apple were very opposed to the idea, any other company would of ditched it and made the phone thicker. Steve took the risk, and now the phone is thinner.

This "flaw" is on every iphone, but depending on how you use it, you may notice it or not. People who value close to 100% reliability on their phones were disappointed by the service, and felt misled. Apple has corrected the issue by offering free returns.

However I'm willing to bet more people would just prefer the phone being thinner than having a dropped call here an then, who cares right. Well the iPhone is just not for business purposes, and other things that demand reliability out of a phone. One phone can't suit all, but for the vast majority who could care less about the occasional dropped call the iPhone's form factor is the best on the market right now.

My friends who use iPhone believe dropped calls are a "Fact of life" for all phones, and are fine with their iPhone 4 with a bumper. However I never, ever have dropped calls on Verizon, even the occasional dropped call on the iPhone 4 is simply a deal breaker for people like me, and I am disappointed that I'll have to buy something else. Realize that different people might have different needs than you do.
post #10 of 284
0.55% have called AppleCare

- How many have gone into the Apple Stores?
- How many have called or gone into AT&T?
- How many have gone back to Wal-Mart, RadioShack, BestBuy or any of the other outlets?

With these numbers, I think, the iPhone 4 will not look so good

Nice try Steve but Apple Care is not all of the facts.

And most if not all users have likely been told, there are fixes coming, hold on to your phone for awhile to see what they are coming up with.

Skip
post #11 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

0.55% have called AppleCare …

- How many have gone into the Apple Stores?
- How many have called or gone into AT&T?
- How many have gone back to Wal-Mart, RadioShack, BestBuy or any of the other outlets?

With these numbers, I think, the iPhone 4 will not look so good

Nice try Steve but Apple Care is not all of the facts.

And most if not all users have likely been told, there are fixes coming, hold on to your phone for awhile to see what they are coming up with.

Skip

Well unless you can tell us the numbers it's pure speculation. Haven't we been here before.
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
A reputation is not built upon the restful domain of one's comfort zone; it is made out of stalwart exposition of your core beliefs, for all challenges to disprove them as irrelevant hubris.- Berp...
Reply
post #12 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagman View Post

Spin control - Jobs is good at it. He said nothing that anyone hadn't already known, except to deny any prior knowledge of the problem, and promised nothing other than they were going to continue working to make the antenna issue less of an issue - and you get a free case (sorry, we can't take a hit on our bumper gross margins), so you get a nifty 50 cent case for your trouble.

Errrrr, no. Watch. The. Keynote.

iPhone 4S 64GB, Black, soon to be sold in favor of a Nokia Lumia 920
Early 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, soon to be replaced with a Retina MacBook Pro, or an Asus U500

Reply

iPhone 4S 64GB, Black, soon to be sold in favor of a Nokia Lumia 920
Early 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, soon to be replaced with a Retina MacBook Pro, or an Asus U500

Reply
post #13 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Underhill View Post

Well unless you can tell us the numbers it's pure speculation. Haven't we been here before.

No, just stating facts.

HE said AppleCare, not any other outlets … HE SAID THIS!
post #14 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Your still in denial?? After Apple even admitted it? Come on now, multiple reviews have tested it an confirmed it. Many people I know have experienced the problem.

The fact is that Apple had a design constraint, the thinness, and had to engineer around that, resulting in risky antenna placement. Reports show that experts at Apple were very opposed to the idea, any other company would of ditched it and made the phone thicker. Steve took the risk, and now the phone is thinner.

This "flaw" is on every iphone, but depending on how you use it, you may notice it or not. People who value close to 100% reliability on their phones were disappointed by the service, and felt misled. Apple has corrected the issue by offering free returns.

However I'm willing to bet more people would just prefer the phone being thinner than having a dropped call here an then, who cares right. Well the iPhone is just not for business purposes, and other things that demand reliability out of a phone. One phone can't suit all, but for the vast majority who could care less about the occasional dropped call the iPhone's form factor is the best on the market right now.

My friends who use iPhone believe dropped calls are a "Fact of life" for all phones, and are fine with their iPhone 4 with a bumper. However I never, ever have dropped calls on Verizon, even the occasional dropped call on the iPhone 4 is simply a deal breaker for people like me, and I am disappointed that I'll have to buy something else. Realize that different people might have different needs than you do.

Funny - you have the nerve to say that I am in denial - when you completely ignored all the facts that have been presented.

No one says that it's perfect - Jobs even admitted that. But all your insane allegations are just more of the same old FUD.

If you actually have an iPhone (which I doubt), return it and get your money back and spare us any more of your whining. Please.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #15 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

First!

Now, we can recap what we've learned from this:


5. All the reports of 'massive' 'universal' problems were grossly exaggerated. Do not believe that kind of hype.


Look at how the whiners have to hold the phone to make it have a problem. Who holds their phone that way except for whiners? The whiner's finger is touching the screen! And he expects to have good reception? Try holding ANY cellphone with a touchscreen like that and see what happens!

post #16 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

No, just stating facts.

HE aid AppleCare, not any other outlets … HE SAID THIS!

Exactly. How many people would waste their time calling Applecare when most people know about the issue, know that Apple is already aware of it, and are just waiting/hoping for a fix. Why call Apple on a known issue. I bet if everyone who is experiencing more dropped calls, low data rates, etc, actually called Applecare, those numbers would be a great deal higher.
post #17 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

0.55% have called AppleCare

- How many have gone into the Apple Stores?
- How many have called or gone into AT&T?
- How many have gone back to Wal-Mart, RadioShack, BestBuy or any of the other outlets?

With these numbers, I think, the iPhone 4 will not look so good

Nice try Steve but Apple Care is not all of the facts.

And most if not all users have likely been told, there are fixes coming, hold on to your phone for awhile to see what they are coming up with.

Skip

We do know that Fortune reported that BMO had surveyed 25 AT&T stores and only 11 iPhones had been returned as of a few days ago. That confirms that the number of returns is small.

Now, if you have any evidence that they're lying or that the number of returns (or even complaints) is large, feel free to provide it.
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
"I'm way over my head when it comes to technical issues like this"
Gatorguy 5/31/13
Reply
post #18 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

First!

Now, we can recap what we've learned from this:

1. All the analysts who chimed in on this don't know anything and can safely be ignored in the future.

2. In spite of hard data that the iPhone 4 is a great phone, the press managed to blow this up into a huge fiasco. Beware of sensationalistic junk you read in the press.

3. In spite of significant data that there's no problem, Apple once again stepped up with an extra to try to make customers happy. And then got criticized by the whiners...

4. Consumer Reports said that the iPhone 4 was the best phone out there except for the alleged reception problems and they couldn't recommend it unless Apple offered a free solution. Apple has done so - where is your recommendation, CR? So much for 'fair and unbiased"

5. All the reports of 'massive' 'universal' problems were grossly exaggerated. Do not believe that kind of hype.

Apple is giving away free cases because nothing is wrong.


Right.
post #19 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by SendMe View Post

Look at how the whiners have to hold the phone to make it have a problem. Who holds their phone that way except for whiners? The whiner's finger is touching the screen! And he expects to have good reception? Try holding ANY cellphone with a touchscreen like that and see what happens!


You're giving it away too easily. Rule 1 to trolling: sell it like you believe it.
post #20 of 284
Nice Youtube music video.

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply

Life is too short to drink bad coffee.

Reply
post #21 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncee View Post

No, just stating facts.

HE aid AppleCare, not any other outlets HE SAID THIS!


But just watch. The whiners will accuse him of dissembling.
post #22 of 284
Did anyone notice Steve Jobs said (in the Q and A) that the Apple Campus has both AT&T and Verizon Antenna's? Would that mean they are using those towers to test Verizon capable iPhones? Did he slip...?
post #23 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsak View Post

Reports show that experts at Apple were very opposed to the idea, any other company would of ditched it and made the phone thicker.

You must be talking about the Bloomberg article which Jobs and Ruben, the engineer, completely denied.

"any other company would of ditched it and made the phone thicker."

Your attitude is exactly what prevents innovation. You have to be able to take risks to move forward. By Apple demanding smaller, better, thinner parts (glass, processors, batteries), it allows other companies to follow to bring the cost down over the long haul. Apple gets branded as the innovator (and expensive), others are followers.
post #24 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by msb0014 View Post

Did anyone notice Steve Jobs said (in the Q and A) that the Apple Campus has both AT&T and Verizon Antenna's? Would that mean they are using those towers to test Verizon capable iPhones? Did he slip...?

I'm pretty sure they have admitted to testing phones on other networks before.
post #25 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Apple is giving away free cases because nothing is wrong.


Right.

No, Apple is giving away free cases because they thought it's the only way to shut pieholes of whining babies who claim Apple doesn't care about the (FEW, FEWER THAN THE INDUSTRY AVERAGE) people who said they have problems.

It didn't work. You are the most obvious proof of that....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

You're giving it away too easily. Rule 1 to trolling: sell it like you believe it.

Sounds to me you are the one trolling here... However exaggerated his reaction was, he wasn't spewing out Gizcrap like you did up there...

iPhone 4S 64GB, Black, soon to be sold in favor of a Nokia Lumia 920
Early 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, soon to be replaced with a Retina MacBook Pro, or an Asus U500

Reply

iPhone 4S 64GB, Black, soon to be sold in favor of a Nokia Lumia 920
Early 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, soon to be replaced with a Retina MacBook Pro, or an Asus U500

Reply
post #26 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

We do know that Fortune reported that BMO had surveyed 25 AT&T stores and only 11 iPhones had been returned as of a few days ago. That confirms that the number of returns is small.

Now, if you have any evidence that they're lying or that the number of returns (or even complaints) is large, feel free to provide it.


LOL, still posting that bogus survey that has no stated methodology. Why do you state "as of a few days ago". That flawed report has no date of when that small flawed survey took place. So how can you say "as of a few days go" ? Also, those numbers really mean nothing until we get closer to the end of the 30 day trial period, since some people were probably waiting for a fix from Apple. Bad, flawed evidence = no evidence. It's funny how much you post about this flawed small survey.
post #27 of 284
It's actually the room used to punish engineers who lose prototype phones.


post #28 of 284
Looks like the boys have a lot of fun with those facilities.

All we consumers need for our own testing is to have Field Test Mode restored in the next iOS 4 update.
post #29 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski1 View Post

Exactly. How many people would waste their time calling Applecare when most people know about the issue, know that Apple is already aware of it, and are just waiting/hoping for a fix. Why call Apple on a known issue. I bet if everyone who is experiencing more dropped calls, low data rates, etc, actually called Applecare, those numbers would be a great deal higher.

This is ridiculous and circular logic. The same statement can be made about any flaw in any product and it will be just as meaningless.

Even if the AppleCare calls represent a sub-set of the full set of annoyed people, it would still be a fixed percentile and the number that called AppleCare would still be representative of the problem overall. One can literally *never* get "hard numbers" on these kinds of things but taken together, the low return rate, the low complaint rate, and the low rate of people that experience the problem are clearly indicative of the general "reach" of the problem.

Hint: It's very very small.
post #30 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

It's actually the room used to punish engineers who lose prototype phones.



Good one. And I like the new slogan for ATT (post 4.0.1 software update):

....."ATT has Less Bars in More Places!

And Apple's new entreaty ........"No Bars in Redwood City - EVER
post #31 of 284
I'm happy with my iphone Not a bit of signal loss, actually significantly better reception and everything else than my 3gs. I just really wasn't happy with the fact that the apple store ONLY carried the apple bumper and NO screen protectors. I want a cover that covers and protects the back. They actually directed me to go to Best Buy to buy my case.

When I got my 3Gs there were 30+ case options at the apple store and screen protectors and that was only a month after the 3gs release, similar timing as to when I got my iphone 4 from it's release date....
2010 17" MBP and many i devices.

Former Owner of multiple generations of Mac's all the way back to the Performa 6400.
Reply
2010 17" MBP and many i devices.

Former Owner of multiple generations of Mac's all the way back to the Performa 6400.
Reply
post #32 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskymac View Post

No, Apple is giving away free cases because they thought it's the only way to shut pieholes of whining babies who claim Apple doesn't care about the (FEW, FEWER THAN THE INDUSTRY AVERAGE) people who said they have problems.

It didn't work. You are the most obvious proof of that....



Sounds to me you are the one trolling here... However exaggerated his reaction was, he wasn't spewing out Gizcrap like you did up there...

No, Apple is giving out free cases because you see, a case would keep your skin off the two pieces of metal, which when bridged, causes the connection to deteriorate. It's those stubborn rules of physics.

I'm calling it like it is. It's people like you who are being obnoxious, trying to downplay this whole thing and castrate anyone who actually is having the issue.

Have you read ANY of my other posts on the issue? Or did my making a valid point really tick you off THAT MUCH that suddenly I'm just spewing out "Gizcrap"?

BTW, SendMe has already been called out for being techstud by MANY other people. Posts like the one I responded to give it away. You're a fool for being duped.
post #33 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskater View Post

The only reality here is you are living ni a fantasy world. Apple doesn't hold a press conference and then give something away for free to 3 million iPhone owners if there isn't a problem.

The only real problem is instead of fixing the core issue they decided to give away a rubber bandaid. You shouldn't need a case even a free one for your phone to work correctly.

You aren't good at logic are you?

The "problem" that caused them to give away the bumpers is their customers weren't going to be satisfied with anything less. That customer service "problem" has no bearing at all on whether or not there is a hardware problem.

I wish the people who still think something is going on here would either shut the hell up or make a single logical argument that blows away all the stuff we just heard from Apple. There was some (typically Apple), slanting of the data but only a bit and the conclusion is inescapable nonetheless.

As far as I can see the conference was a slam dunk and the facts of the matter are rather unassailable. I say, come up with proof that Apple is lying or STFU. Hypotheticals about their possible motivations (as you imagine them to be), don't count.
post #34 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by jragosta View Post

First!

Now, we can recap what we've learned from this:

1. All the analysts who chimed in on this don't know anything and can safely be ignored in the future.

2. In spite of hard data that the iPhone 4 is a great phone, the press managed to blow this up into a huge fiasco. Beware of sensationalistic junk you read in the press.

3. In spite of significant data that there's no problem, Apple once again stepped up with an extra to try to make customers happy. And then got criticized by the whiners...

4. Consumer Reports said that the iPhone 4 was the best phone out there except for the alleged reception problems and they couldn't recommend it unless Apple offered a free solution. Apple has done so - where is your recommendation, CR? So much for 'fair and unbiased"

5. All the reports of 'massive' 'universal' problems were grossly exaggerated. Do not believe that kind of hype.

Note: Blinded By Fanaticism
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
Reply
post #35 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

Looks like the boys have a lot of fun with those facilities.

All we consumers need for our own testing is to have Field Test Mode restored in the next iOS 4 update.

The average user has no need for that option though so it's really not likely to happen. Better to buy an app that gives you the same info.
post #36 of 284
Hello People Out there,

I'm usually part of those who keep their mouths shut when it's not necessary to open it ; but watching the bull that just delivred to us Steve Jobs (whom I admire otherwise) led me to think that we should all participate to something that may make him go 360 on what he said :
How about we all take 2 min of our time and call APPLECARE and tell them how bad the Antenna is ... just so that their know the real number of unsatisfied people..

what do you say ? shall we all do it throughout the world ?
post #37 of 284
That chamber looks sick!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
Reply
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
Reply
post #38 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

You aren't good at logic are you?

The "problem" that caused them to give away the bumpers is their customers weren't going to be satisfied with anything less. That "problem" has no bearing at all on whether or not there is a hardware flaw in the phone.

I wish the people who still think something is going on here would either shut the hell up or make a single logical argument that blows away all the stuff we just heard from Apple. There was some (typically Apple), slanting of the data but only a bit and the conclusion is inescapable nonetheless.

As far as I can see the conference was a slam dunk and the facts of the matter are rather unassailable. I say, come up with proof that Apple is lying or STFU. Hypotheticals about their possible motivations (as you imagine them to be), don't count.

Wait a second. "People who still think something is going on here"? There are people with a genuine issue with their phone. The free case is Apple's solution. The issue has been documented numerous times with video so people can see for themselves what's happening.

The only thing ridiculous about this discussion is how extreme the two sides are being. Yall are pretty much going from "There's nothing wrong" to "the phone is broken" when in reality, it's the middle ground: "There's an issue that doesn't affect everyone."

I'm starting to wonder if those people who are attacking others with this issue have some money vested in Apple stock, and that is keeping them a little bias on the issue.
post #39 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

This is ridiculous and circular logic. The same statement can be made about any flaw in any product and it will be just as meaningless.

Even if the AppleCare calls represent a sub-set of the full set of annoyed people, it would still be a fixed percentile and the number that called AppleCare would still be representative of the problem overall. One can literally *never* get "hard numbers" on these kinds of things but taken together, the low return rate, the low complaint rate, and the low rate of people that experience the problem are clearly indicative of the general "reach" of the problem.

Hint: It's very very small.

Exactly !! So why does Apple even quote those Applecare numbers ? They are meaningless in this scenario. Until we get closer to the end of the 30 day trial period. Many people with the issue were probably just waiting on a response from Apple before their trial ended. Those Applecare numbers are just Apple spin. Let's see the return rates a few weeks from now. Those will be more meaningful.
post #40 of 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski1 View Post

Exactly !! So why does Apple even quote those Applecare numbers ? They are meaningless in this scenario. Until we get closer to the end of the 30 day trial period. Many people with the issue were probably just wanting on a response from Apple. Those Applecare numbers are just Apple spin.

It also doesn't help when articles start coming out saying the issue can be fixed via software. I know when that POS the Samsung Instinct came out, many people got suckered in past the 30 days because of the same line about how the issues would be fixed with an update. What an absolute disaster that was for Sprint. What's funniest about that was the phone got some "best of the year" award at an event it was first shown at.

If people are convinced the issue will be fixed with no effort on their part, they'll stick with the phone, ESPECIALLY something as cool as an iphone4. Hell, I barely use my phone to talk, so I'd be one of those who didn't think twice about not returning it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPhone
  • Apple posts videos of press conference, antenna performance, test chambers
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPhone › Apple posts videos of press conference, antenna performance, test chambers