or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to launch iPad in 9 more countries this Friday

Apple to launch iPad in 9 more countries this Friday

post #1 of 23
Apple announced on Monday that the iPad will launch in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore this Friday, July 23.

The company said that customers will be able to purchase both the Wi-Fi-only and 3G-capable models of the iPad at all of Apple's retail stores and Apple Authorized resellers. Prices were not made available.

The company also said that the iPad "will roll out to many more countries later this year and Apple will announce availability and local pricing for these additional countries at a later date."

The iPad began its staggered debut in the U.S. on April 3, when the Wi-Fi-only model was made available. Later that month, the Wi-Fi + 3G model was also released stateside.

Production difficulties and demand for the iPad forced Apple to delay the international launch of its touchscreen tablet until May 28, when it went on sale in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the U.K. Monday's announcement of international expansion means Apple kept its announced July launch timeframe for the 9 new countries.
post #2 of 23
Oops, sorry, wrong thread.
post #3 of 23
Aargh..

No Sweden on the list..
I'm sick of waiting. When it comes here, you will have to think.. Hmm should I wait for the next model since it's only 3 weeks away.
post #4 of 23
No Pre-Orders Yet... Probably won't be having pre-orders but direct orders on launch date instead.
post #5 of 23
Anything to take the heat off the iPhone story, even if it's only for five minutes.

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

Proud AAPL stock owner.

GOA

post #6 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Anything to take the heat off the iPhone story, even if it's only for five minutes.

Agreed. I thought only 0.55% even had an issue \
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwee View Post

Aargh..

No Sweden on the list..
I'm sick of waiting. When it comes here, you will have to think.. Hmm should I wait for the next model since it's only 3 weeks away.

I thought it was already out in sweden...
post #8 of 23
I hope that Apple has made enough for a successful launch, but as it's still really hard to buy one in the UK I don't hold high hopes.
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
iPad, Macbook Pro, iPhone, heck I even have iLife! :-)
post #9 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgto64 View Post

Oops, sorry, wrong thread.

It's a bad idea to jinx a thread in the first post.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

It's a bad idea to jinx a thread in the first post.

It's the One Topic that Rules Us All.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #11 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe hs View Post

I thought it was already out in sweden...

nope..
post #12 of 23
Good I am so sick of hearing about the antenna issue, I timk ai should make a gutsy call and stop reporting on this whole moronic saga.
post #13 of 23
I have Greek friends who keep asking me when it will be available in Greece. I tell them they can buy here it now and take it to Greece, but they want to buy a "genuine" Greek market iPad. Everything would work fine as long as they avoid the 3G iPad. EU iPod chargers are available, or they can just charge from a USB port. What's the holdup, Apple?
post #14 of 23
I wonder how many they have sold now. They still seem to be sold out all over the place in the US.

The more I use my iPad, the happier I am with it, and everyone who has used mine ends up wanting one. This is going to be a killer product for Apple.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

I wonder how many they have sold now. They still seem to be sold out all over the place in the US.

The more I use my iPad, the happier I am with it, and everyone who has used mine ends up wanting one. This is going to be a killer product for Apple.

We should find out tomorrow how many have been sold.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #16 of 23
Quote:

I for one am unhappy that the iPad is coming to NZ because....
....well, actually the only reason I can think of I'd that I will be more tempted to push the credit limit and buy one!
..... the greatest fame comes from adding to human knowledge, not winning battles.
Paraphrased from Napolean Bonaparte, 1798
..... the greatest fame comes from adding to human knowledge, not winning battles.
Paraphrased from Napolean Bonaparte, 1798
post #17 of 23
Sigh. Apple still is leaving the India market untapped. If only 1% of Indians bought Apple products, and 50% of Dutch people bought Apple products, India would still have Netherlands beat.

"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
"Don't be a dick!"Wil Wheaton
post #18 of 23
Quote:

One analyst estimates 3.3 million iPads sold;

http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/2...rnings-report/

Gee, it's nice to have a positive discussion about anything Apple.

"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
"...The calm is on the water and part of us would linger by the shore, For ships are safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are for."
- Michael Lille -
post #19 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolchak View Post

I have Greek friends who keep asking me when it will be available in Greece. I tell them they can buy here it now and take it to Greece, but they want to buy a "genuine" Greek market iPad. Everything would work fine as long as they avoid the 3G iPad. EU iPod chargers are available, or they can just charge from a USB port. What's the holdup, Apple?

I too have Greek friends, got them some ipads from the uk.

What's hardly understandable is why apple whilst already having a full ios Greek keyboard extension and text intelligence don't support Greek in already available ipads, what's the roll out have to do with any of this?
post #20 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuristic View Post

Sigh. Apple still is leaving the India market untapped. If only 1% of Indians bought Apple products, and 50% of Dutch people bought Apple products, India would still have Netherlands beat.

I suspect it is more likely that 50% of the Dutch can afford an iPad than 1% of Indians.
post #21 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Applebaum View Post

Gee, it's nice to have a positive discussion about anything Apple.

Good luck with that.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #22 of 23
Wow, I thought it was out world-wide now!
"I gave up drugs when the doctor told me I had 6 months to live" Keith Richards
"I gave up drugs when the doctor told me I had 6 months to live" Keith Richards
post #23 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Cossar View Post

Wow, I thought it was out world-wide now!

Nope, still really limited. Apple is making about 3 million a month now, I think, and there still isn't enough to launch in many other countries yet. Maybe the situation will improve mid-August or September.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple to launch iPad in 9 more countries this Friday