...that it's so much fun to review the prognostications of the not-too-distant past!Apple should close its retail stores
. After all, they didn't work for Gateway
Apple should "pull the plug"
on the iPhone. (A must read from my favorite blowhard. The whole thing is a pull quote.)Another fail
from the Mayor of Blowhard"It's the Pippin all over again"
...what's a Pippin?Apple RIP
...from Forbes??? Sometimes even the smart ones get it wrong, apparently.
Random quotes, from whom the authors are too embarrassed to leave the page up for public ridicule:
"The iMac will only sell to some of the true believers. The iMac doesn’t include a floppy disk drive drive for doing file backups or sharing of data. ... The iMac will fail.
- Hiawatha Bray, Boston Globe, 1998.
"I'd shut [Apple] down and give the money back to the shareholders."
- Michael Dell, October 1997
“The biggest long-term problem with moving to an Apple platform is that the company is in decline."
- Famous dunderhead Rob Enderle, in October 2003
"Within the next two months, Sony will acquire Apple. … Sony will be the white knight who will step into the picture."
- former Apple VP Dunderhead Gaston Bastiaens, January 1996.
"[Apple] seems to have two options. The first is to break itself up, selling the hardware side. The second is to sell the company outright."
- The Economist, February 1995And last but not least:
"The Macintosh uses an experimental pointing device called a "mouse". There is no evidence that people want to use these things. I dont want one of these new fangled devices."
- John C. Dvorak, 1984, proving that even dunderhead predictions are occasionally proven right, if you wait long enough. In this case... 26 years.