or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Screen Sharing always asks for a password? Even with keychain.

Screen Sharing always asks for a password? Even with keychain.

post #1 of 10
Question: What is the point of telling Screen Sharing to "Remember this password in my keychain" if every time I go back to use it I have to retype the username and password?

This is becoming very frustrating.

Can someone please please please help me solve this?

Thanks.
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
Citing unnamed sources with limited but direct knowledge of the rumoured device - Comedy Insider (Feb 2014)
post #2 of 10
Not sure what you are doing wrong. It works for me. Try using the administrator user name and password for the Mac you are accessing when you log in, assuming you've been doing it some other way.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #3 of 10
Admin is the only account I have, so I have to use it.
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Admin is the only account I have, so I have to use it.

Well you can also do a guest login or create access restricted to a user on the host Mac. You might check the sharing settings on the Mac you are trying access. I can recall having this issue for awhile but I don't recall precisely what I did to make it go away.
Please don't be insane.
Please don't be insane.
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Millmoss View Post

Well you can also do a guest login or create access restricted to a user on the host Mac. You might check the sharing settings on the Mac you are trying access. I can recall having this issue for awhile but I don't recall precisely what I did to make it go away.

Sharing seems fine. No Firewalls either. I'm sure there's something I can do, but I just don't know what.
post #6 of 10
I run a Mac mini server headless and connect via screen sharing. I don' t have the problem you describe. Sceen sharing remembers my password.

I know that doesn't help, but it should work the way you want it to.
post #7 of 10
Check that the password is in your keychain using the keychain access app in your utilities folder.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Check that the password is in your keychain using the keychain access app in your utilities folder.

SOLVED.

I had them in the Keychain Access application: one for connect as, and one for Screen Sharing. It seems there was a third one in there, so I deleted the three of them and redid it. Now I have two and now it works as it should, and the way it used to. Yay!
post #9 of 10
I deleted my logins in keychain access, and now I can't access screen sharing with any username or password. Any ideas?
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

SOLVED.

I had them in the Keychain Access application: one for connect as, and one for Screen Sharing. It seems there was a third one in there, so I deleted the three of them and redid it. Now I have two and now it works as it should, and the way it used to. Yay!

This solution worked perfectly for me, too. The only thing I would add is that this problem appeared after I upgraded to OS X Lion.
iPod Classic, Mac Pro dual quad core, Mac Pro quad core, iPhone 3G, MacBook Pro 15inch, iPhone 3GS, iPad
iPod Classic, Mac Pro dual quad core, Mac Pro quad core, iPhone 3G, MacBook Pro 15inch, iPhone 3GS, iPad
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mac OS X
AppleInsider › Forums › Software › Mac OS X › Screen Sharing always asks for a password? Even with keychain.