or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The 2nd rule of Journolist is you don't talk about Jlist

The 2nd rule of Journolist is you don't talk about Jlist

post #1 of 10
The DailyCaller has apparently gotten hold of a good chunk of the now closed Journolist archives and has been letting a bit of the information out about it daily.

There's already a new list now that this one has been shut down of course but the reality is that the liberal talking heads out there are writing to each other, figuring out the best talking points and creating the narrative they want to push rather than reporting the news.

Today's new article.... the coordinated attack that was planed on Palin by the members.

Quote:
Times Joe Klein then linked to his own piece, parts of which he acknowledged came from strategy sessions on Journolist. Heres my attempt to incorporate the accumulated wisdom of this august list-serve community, he wrote. And indeed Kleins article contained arguments developed by his fellow Journolisters. Klein praised Palin personally, calling her fresh and delightful, but questioned her militant ideology. He noted Palin had endorsed parts of Obamas energy proposal.

That was all on the day of the announcement.

Here's a nice bit where they discuss the desired death of Rush Limbaugh and the best way to shut down Fox News.

Isn't it nice to know that the names in these articles are part of a liberal propaganda mill! There is a liberal media complex and it does exist. The only problem they have now is fewer people are watching or listening to them but don't worry. I'm sure they are working on some talking points and with some government surrogates to ensure that soon the only news you will be allowed to know about is Jlist news/propaganda.

The future's so bright, we've got wear shades!

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." -George Orwell

post #2 of 10
Another piece that is a fantastic read!!!

post #3 of 10
You're racist!
post #4 of 10
I didn't know you belonged to Journolist Floorjack.

Newsbusters drives the point home better than I ever could.

Quote:
The revelation of these e-mails simply proves that we have been right all along. The liberal media have no interest in being fair or unbiased. In fact, they are deliberately violating any sense of journalistic ethics.

There is no excuse none- for the attitudes and lack of professionalism these so-called journalists displayed not only in these e-mails but in their reporting. Any member of the media that was privy to these Journolist emails, and remained silent, is just as much to blame as the folks that crafted these e-mails. Their silence indicts them.

We said in 2008 that the media were making excuses for Jeremiah Wright and now we have the proof. Just today we learned from the Daily Caller that these people went so far as to say that Rush Limbaugh deserves their hate. Sadly, I am not surprised, as this is what we have been exposing year after year about the media. And its exactly why Americans refuse to trust them.

post #5 of 10
Here's a rather interesting perspective.

JournoList as a Management Problem

Quote:
The real problem with JournoList is that much of it consisted of exchanges among people who worked for institutions about how to best hijack their employers for the cause of Progressivism. Thus, the J-List discussion revealed yesterday in the Daily Caller was about how the group could get their media organizations to play down the Reverend Wright affair and help elect Barack Obama.

Were I an editor of one of these institutions, I would instantly fire any employee who participated in this gross violation of his/her duty. For example, the J-List included Washington Post reporters, and the idea that the paper has been turned into a propaganda organ is a big reason it is bleeding readers and influence.

It's telling how none of our "progressive" members are in here either defending the liberal media bias or telling us that this is all just a distraction.
post #6 of 10
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/46089

Quote:
Report: Fox News Has
Oldest Audience Of All!!

Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
Without the need for difference or a need to always follow the herd breeds complacency, mediocrity, and a lack of imagination
post #7 of 10
Guess who calls the shots when NBC reports on Obama?

And reporters are now being suspended for reporting facts that might hurt the Obama admin.

Modern journalism is thoroughly corrupt. Liberals who weep and grind teeth over the partisan nature of Fox News reporting rarely acknowledge that conservative and independent viewers were pushed in that direction by liberal reporters who thought they could use their positions to help their favoured candidates.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
The evil that we fight is but the shadow of the evil that we do.
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

And reporters are now being suspended for reporting facts that might hurt the Obama admin.

Sad to hear about Doug McKelway; he was a good reporter working for a bad network!

Simply reporting that Obama received $77,051 from the BP shouldn't be grounds for dismissal!
post #9 of 10
Normally the media trumpets itself as being "adversarial" wrt to the politicians it covers. Obviously they were caught off guard and failed to retool their strategy. Now they are thrashing about not sure how to stop those that are still practicing adversarial journalism without regard for who's in office.

Let the hilarity continue.
post #10 of 10
The Myth of Objective Journalism

Has journalism EVER been objective?

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem.

(I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.)

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › The 2nd rule of Journolist is you don't talk about Jlist