or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Inertial scrolling, three-finger drag comes to some MacBook trackpads

Inertial scrolling, three-finger drag comes to some MacBook trackpads - Page 2

post #41 of 46
I thought Apple said that the mid 2009 MacBook/Pros couldn't have inertial scrolling because of the hardware? Apparently not. I like Apple, but I knew they weren't telling the truth when it came to the inertial scrolling. Oh well.
post #42 of 46
I have to ask because immediately after installing this update everything seemed snappier with respect to the GUI. That is windows, menus and buttons seem to respond faster. Frankly I like what this update did for my MBP.

I thought at first it was the new Safari that cam out today but the snap seems to be system wide.

Dave
post #43 of 46
I have a late 2008 Aluminim MacBook, but the only updates I had today were for Safari. No inertial scrolling for me. I wonder why.
post #44 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJinTX View Post

I have a late 2008 Aluminim MacBook, but the only updates I had today were for Safari. No inertial scrolling for me. I wonder why.

Then download the update and install.

I don't know why this doesn't show up in software update. It might be due to a change in default behavior. I'm impressed though with the update so it can be conditionally recommended.

Dave
post #45 of 46
I can not use three fingers on my trackpad and my macbook is in the update but I have 10.7 osx, is there anyway I could get the three finger swipe.
post #46 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluard View Post

Bruce --- if the update has installed you should be able to have the page scroll as though it is run on an inertial wheel. Have you waited for the page to load properly first? It doesn't work until the page is fully there.

THANK YOU

it helped alot.

whats in a name ? 
beatles
whats in a name ? 
beatles
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Future Apple Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Future Apple Hardware › Inertial scrolling, three-finger drag comes to some MacBook trackpads