or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › News Corp considers news organization devoted to iPad, other tablets

News Corp considers news organization devoted to iPad, other tablets - Page 2

post #41 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeoutsider View Post

You are a full of sh*t liberal showing your objectivity.

You prefer the fake media instead.

Being liberal, conservative, or neither has little to do with objectivity.

I have no idea of what you mean by "fake media", unless you are referring to the paper mache object my granddaughter made for me last Christmas. I still have no idea exactly what it is supposed to be, but it is colorful.

News Corp owns an astounding amount of media of all types, and Rupert Murdoch is on record as saying he does so not only to make money, but to push his own agenda and beliefs, rather than staying neutral. Once upon a time the integrity of all news media was based on that simple tenant - being a neutral observer of the story you are reporting.

He was able to create this empire by either ignoring or changing any laws designed to prevent such an empire. Once upon a time a single company could not own a newspaper, TV station or affiliate, and a radio station in any given media market.

There were, and still are, good reasons to keep it that way. What's that great line in a recent song? "When they own the information, oh they can bend it all they want."

My comments are not about politics, as YMMV. It is more about control and money. It is rather about getting to the real facts in any situation. Unfortunately, there is a lot of money to be made on "Breaking News", which I detest.

I have seen far too many ""breaking news" stories get almost everything wrong and yet the inaccurate version is what many people choose to believe - even after the story is corrected and the somewhat more accurate facts are presented. And I wholly agree with the other poster(s) that have suggested you tune into other sources outside your local new affiliate if you want some semblance of the facts.

But there is a reason that other free countries keep the empire-preventing laws in place. There is also a reason those same countries call their news personalities "news readers". They effectively curtail the celebrity status of their news people and hold true to the idea that a news media darling cannot stay objective.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
Pity the agnostic dyslectic. They spend all their time contemplating the existence of dog.
post #42 of 44
What's better than partisan propaganda?

Device-specific partisan propaganda.
post #43 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalTroll View Post

What's better than partisan propaganda?

Device-specific partisan propaganda.

Yeah, I get that.
post #44 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post

Look everyone, yet another person to bring up msnbc as a means to defend Fox News.

Also, calling the other news networks liberal is stupid as well (just sayin, because that's usually where this conversation goes.) Compared to Fox News, all news networks ARE liberal, but that's just because Fox is so far right.

Obama, Democrats got 88 percent of 2008 contributions by TV network execs, writers, reporters

Senior executives, on-air personalities, producers, reporters, editors, writers and other self-identifying employees of ABC, CBS and NBC contributed more than $1 million to Democratic candidates and campaign committees in 2008.

Your own bias blinds you to the facts. You seem to think since every other new organization lays a tilt that matches you're worldview, they are balanced and objective. This is not balance, it is just matching and parroting your leanings.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
  • News Corp considers news organization devoted to iPad, other tablets
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › News Corp considers news organization devoted to iPad, other tablets