or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ending ObamaCare; Two-Track Effort

Ending ObamaCare; Two-Track Effort - Page 2

post #41 of 51
Congregations are even referred to as flocks...reverends, priests, and pastors as shepherds. Your lord himself is allegedly your shepherd. You are sheeple. It's kinda built into your religion.

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” 
-Sagan
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR View Post

Congregations are even referred to as flocks...reverends, priests, and pastors as shepherds. Your lord himself is allegedly your shepherd. You are sheeple. It's kinda built into your religion.

I see what you're doing right there. I know you think it's clever like you found some cute "gotcha." It really isn't and you haven't. But troll away...

The state is nothing more than a criminal gang writ large.

post #43 of 51
I wonder how much tax money is actually propping up these so called entrepeneurs?

It seems to me that quite a lot of corporations and individuals are directly or indirectly suckling at the government teat. It seems to me that quite a few of the people who identify as right wing also hold government jobs or service government contracts, for example:

Military members
Law enforcement
Public school teachers
Regular general schedule employees
Military contractors
Intelligence and security contractors
Aerospace contractors
Nuclear contractors
Scientists doing government funded research
Civil engineers
All forms of civil construction
Waste management
Oil companies
Corn farmers
Medical industry

That's far from exhaustive but I think it's pretty representative of what I'm getting at.

To me it seems that a lot of the economy is in fact propped up by the federal government.

Which is worse, cutting the governments funds by reducing taxes, the government can no longer afford to pay all these entrepeneurs without printing more money and making us all poorer. Or, recognizing that the government and government services play an important role in both our economy and our lives and paying for it appropriately.

In fact, I'm going to make this its own thread
post #44 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

I see what you're doing right there. I know you think it's clever like you found some cute "gotcha." It really isn't and you haven't. But troll away...

It's not trolling at all. You claim that you aren't a sheeple yet clearly you are part of the christian flock.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #45 of 51
Quote:

It's not trolling at all.

That depends.

Are you being deliberately obtuse or is this genuine and sincere ignorance of the difference between the idea of sheeple (or this) and the Christian theological concept having to do with sheep and the Good Shepherd (Jesus Christ)?

post #46 of 51
Christians are sheep. Baaa.

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #47 of 51
Quote:

Christians are sheep. Baaa.

So then you are trolling. Glad we cleared that up. Not that I'm surprised based on the bulk of the posts I've seen from you. Goodnight sweetie.

post #48 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1970 View Post

Exactly.

"Exactly"? That's your response?

You made a blanket statement about "liberals", saying that liberals "love to pretend that the world is full of stark (and false) binary choices."

I gave you a bunch of examples coming from conservatives. I made your blanket statement look very foolish. And your response is "exactly"?

That's not a very good response. At all.
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Common Man View Post

We cannot be like Denmark. What works (according to the left) in Denmark will not work in America.

You ignored my entire post for this.

No, you ignored my entire post to make an un-reasoned statement without any kind of argument to back up your position.

It's very frustrating arguing with right wing zealots.

post #50 of 51
Right wing sheeple?

-Sagan

-Sagan
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbo Jumbo View Post

I made your blanket statement look very foolish.

You did? How so?

Return Home
  Back to Forum: PoliticalOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › PoliticalOutsider › Ending ObamaCare; Two-Track Effort