or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › First look: Apple Battery Charger and AA batteries
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First look: Apple Battery Charger and AA batteries - Page 3

post #81 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALUOp View Post

LOL. 6AA and a 2-battery charger for $29, competitive?
I just bought the new redesigned 1500-cycle Eneloop kit from Costco for $25, which included 8 AA, 4 AAA, and one 4-battery charger.
Amazingly small 30mA standby power? Yeah right.
If you like to leave the charger and batteries plugged in even after the battery is full, and congratulations. Like the other member pointed out, it saves you $0.5 over 10 years.
If you truly care about the environment and safety, you would unplug the charger and batteries after charging. If they are LSD like Eneloop, who needs to keep them plugged in after charging?

Well, the prices are competitive, but it's just before you add the apple tax. After you add the apple tax, it goes higher. But remember, the other batteries are not made by apple!

iPad2 16 GB
iPhone 5 32 GB

Reply

iPad2 16 GB
iPhone 5 32 GB

Reply
post #82 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymouse View Post

It would be nice if they sold additional batteries separately. I'll need 6 alone just for my keyboard + MM + MT -- I plan to keep the MM available for the times when I may prefer it -- and a few extra for a couple of remotes would be nice too, as well as a spare couple in the charger.

They are NiMH batteries, probably Sanyo Eneloops or equivalent.
post #83 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Technology moves on. No manufacturer supports its old tech.

I wouldn't call that moving on since the three-battery keyboard lasts longer than the two-battery keyboard. I have both with a newer Mac and older Mac and the three-battery version lasts longer. Since the Apple Battery Charger comes with 6 batteries, it would have been nice if it charged more than just two at a time. I wouldn't consider the three-battery keyboard old technology since it is the same keyboard with one less battery.

The rechargable batteries will probably only last about a year anyway before you have to replace them with another expensive rechargable battery. Considering most people have more AA-battery devices around the house besides one keyboard and one mouse, buying batteries in bulk from Costco is still a better deal.
post #84 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why? Explain your reasoning why an accessory that needs two batteries to fuction would need a charger with four bays to recharge two batteries.

Are you under some impression that accessories use their power at exactly the same interval or that charging time is so exessve that their would be constant overlaping needs? Are you not aware of how long between charges an Apple accessory is likely to go between charges with tees batteries or that Mac OS X will inform you when your Apple keyboard, mouse or trackpad is running low on power so you have plenty of time to plan for a battery swap or charging of the batteries before replacing? Think people!

How about me just saying, "It would be nice" if Apple did what I asked. They put an HDMI port on the mini after I requested it.

Sometimes, without any warning, my batteries go from 40% at the end of the evening, to 0% in the morning. My bad, I don't have "extra" batteries.

I did post that my keyboard uses three batteries. Before I purchase more batteries, I will get a USB keyboard and mouse. Problem solved.

Gee, what if Apple put tiny USB connectors on the bluetooth devices! When the juice gets low, plug them into your Mac, continue to use them, while they charge.

I know someone with a rechargeable mouse where the entire mouse returns to the charging station.
post #85 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

I think its odd that anyone would think they cant use their three AA Apple Wireless Keyboard with the Apple charger . . . or that they couldnt buy a different charger that held more batteries and/or battery charging stations if they absolutely needed it.

It is simple. If my three-battery keyboard died and I had the Apple Battery Charger, it wouldn't do me any good when it can only charge two batteries. Rechargable batteries tend to lose power when they are removed from the charger, even when not used. Since you mention the idea of buying a different battery charging solution, why did Apple waste their time developing a battery charger when you can go to Radio Shack and get a much more useful charger for less...if you absolutely needed it? That is why Apple stopped making printers and scanners because other vendors already made them so Apple didn't see the need to continue making them (especially since Apple printers were just rebranded HP and Canon printers). This Apple Battery Charger will be gone in less than a year, just like the failed iPod Hi-Fi.
post #86 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo2 View Post

At a conservatively over-priced $0.20 per kilowatt-hour, 315 milliwatts over 10 years will cost $5.50.

Compare that to the Apple charger's 30 milliwatts over 10 years costing $0.50.

That's a whopping $5 savings--total over 10 years.

$5 times a million people = lower energy waste, still nothing compared to what congress spends in a day.
post #87 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

It is simple. If my three-battery keyboard died and I had the Apple Battery Charger, it wouldn't do me any good when it can only charge two batteries. Rechargable batteries tend to lose power when they are removed from the charger, even when not used. Since you mention the idea of buying a different battery charging solution, why did Apple waste their time developing a battery charger when you can go to Radio Shack and get a much more useful charger for less...if you absolutely needed it? That is why Apple stopped making printers and scanners because other vendors already made them so Apple didn't see the need to continue making them (especially since Apple printers were just rebranded HP and Canon printers). This Apple Battery Charger will be gone in less than a year, just like the failed iPod Hi-Fi.

1) You other batteries you have charged. What part of 80% after 1 year or 85% after 3 years with the design makes that an issue?

2) Then dont buy Apples charger that they designed for their current products. Do you really expect them to release a 3 or 5 bay battery charger to suit the needs of some people that cant be proactive.

3) If you really have to use Apples charger simply because its from Apple (not because it fits your needs) then go buy the keyboard that uses two batteries.

4) Cheap chargers may not power up the entire battery making you think the batteries are poor or the device uses an excessive amount, and other chargers more power when simply sitting in the wall socket. The latter we know about, the former you can grab from the internet. Its hard to understand why Apple would want to make a buck on selling an Apple branded charger designed for its current products.

5) Its a flipping charger that seems to be better than any other charger Ive seen on the market. It can charge any of these AA NiMH batteries and will likely be what many people buy alongside their Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad. Do you really think theyll want to run down to Radio Shack to see what deals they have going down there.It

6) Lets recap: It comes with 6 batteries for a setup designed for 4 to be used at any one time. 6 minus 4 equals 2. That means there will be 2 batteries charged and waiting to be used when you need them. They want you to leave those two in charger and in the wall so that replacing them and finding them is simple.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #88 of 155
Yea so WHY are they NiMH and not Lithium Ion/Polymer?!

Funny how AI's crack reporting team TOTALLY missed that point!!!!
post #89 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

Yea so WHY are they NiMH and not Lithium Ion/Polymer?!

Funny how AI's crack reporting team TOTALLY missed that point!!!!

Why would they need to report that? This information is fairly common and can be easily found on the internet. There are obvious reasons why low-power, rechargeable AA batteries are NiMH instead of Li-ion. Dont blame AI because youre too lazy to use Google.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #90 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Rechargable batteries tend to lose power when they are removed from the charger, even when not used.

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but these batteries (just like the Sanyo Eneloop batteries) discharge very little when sitting around. The packaging for the Eneloop batteries say it retains 85% of its charge after 1 year sitting around not being charged.
post #91 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexor View Post

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but these batteries (just like the Sanyo Eneloop batteries) discharge very little when sitting around. The package on the Eneloop says it retains 85% of its charge after 1 year sitting around not being charged.

They are pretty impressive.

And to restate this again, you can get your batteries and charger separately and in any configuration you wish from wherever you wish, just make sure that the charger can sufficiently charge your batteries.


PS: If I were in need of these batteries I’d get the Sanyo Enelope USB charger with two AAs for $13. It can do a full quick charge in 2-4 hours, I don’t have to waste or look for a wall socket, and it will also charge AAA batteries.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #92 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Your comment seems to imply that Apples accessories are less power efficient than other accessories. If so, could you explain why you think that is.

Obviously, you have never used wireless in your life or else you would know this. Just check all the other wireless brands: Microsoft, Targus, Kensington, and Logitech. Their specs for battery life are measured in months, not weeks.
post #93 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by xena10003 View Post

Obviously, you have never used wireless in your life or else you would know this. Just check all the other wireless brands: Microsoft, Targus, Kensington, and Logitech. Their specs for battery life are measured in months, not weeks.

Why don’t you point some items out then? Find me a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse from each of those companies that is exponentially more “green” than Apple’s product using the same type and number of batteries. I double dog dare you.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #94 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

I basically agree, but for the record, most of the Apple wireless keyboards sold to date use three batteries, not two and it's reasonable to assume that people have other products besides Apple products that need AA batteries.

I understand totally why Apple did it the way they did, but it's not without it's drawbacks and gotchas. Being an owner of a three battery keyboard that's still practically brand new, I would certainly prefer that Apple went with the more standard 6 battery charger.

Methinks the designers assumed rather a bit too much in terms of usage scenarios for this product.

Anyone who begins a sentence with 'methinks' deserves to be mocked. Consider this your small spasm of attention, deserved only because all subsequent posters deign to ignore your inattentive spurgesquent eruption. Next time you feel led to say 'Quoth I' or 'What say you?', keep it to yourself.
post #95 of 155
Last Friday after concluding Apple's batteries were probably rebranded Sanyo Eneloops. Don't get me wrong, I think Apple's battery charger is a decent product. With this caveat!

4 Eneloop AA + Battery Charger = 17.50 on Amazon
4 Eneloop AA =10.50 on Amazon

$28 for 8 AA Eneloop batteries + Charger = $3.50 per battery
$29 for 6 AA Apple Batteries + Charger = $4.84 per battery
post #96 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyswallows View Post

Anyone who begins a sentence with 'methinks' deserves to be mocked. Consider this your small spasm of attention, deserved only because all subsequent posters deign to ignore your inattentive spurgesquent eruption. Next time you feel led to say 'Quoth I' or 'What say you?', keep it to yourself.

If you are actually serious and this isn't a joke then you are a blaggard and a scoundrel for saying so. Unless you be of the fairer sex, then all is forgiven.
post #97 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr View Post

BFD!

I wait a year and a half and only get a speed bump for the Mac Pro.

And now?

A friggin battery charger. Go to the 99cent store and get a battery charger.

I understand your frustration but I'm hoping this is better than a 99 cent store battery and charger. It is another one of those situations where Apple should have been a little more forth coming right from the get go. That is the devices documentation should clearly indicate battery compatibility. That is list the manufacture, brand name and model number for every compatible battery world wide.

It is these little details that I find more and more frustrating with Apple. Yeah the speed bump Mac Pro was a big let down, but I still see the hiding of information about Apples products as an even bigger let down. Be it the RAM in the iPad or the specific battery compatibility of the charger, in the end these little things do as much damage as the bigger more public screw ups like a half ass speed bumped Mac Pro.


Dave
post #98 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post


.. but I still see the hiding of information about Apples products as an even bigger let down. Be it the RAM in the iPad or the specific battery compatibility of the charger, in the end these little things do as much damage as the bigger more public screw ups like a half ass speed bumped Mac Pro.
Dave

Why in the world would anyone care how much RAM is in the iPad? If it does what it claims to do then thats all that matters. Only techno-geeks care about such metrics, 99.9% of the public could care less.
post #99 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post

If you are actually serious and this isn't a joke then you are a blaggard and a scoundrel for saying so. Unless you be of the fairer sex, then all is forgiven.

Methought he was kidding, but now methinksing he was not.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #100 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard69 View Post

That is the devices documentation should clearly indicate battery compatibility. That is list the manufacture, brand name and model number for every compatible battery world wide.

You mean like AA, NiMH, and the obvious Rechargeable? They did that. Nothing else is really relevant to the average consumer and that is more than enough info. The real thing they are looking at is is how it works for their needs.

Two for your keyboard, two for your mouse/trackpad, and two in the charger; a charger that uses little power and uses the same pop-out plug as all Mac power plugs.

That is more relevant info than customers need to make a decision. Most people look for the size they need and then look for name brand or marketing name that suits their needs.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #101 of 155
OG not unnerstand til plug piktoor
post #102 of 155
Sometimes doing the right thing might save you nothing -- it may even cost you something.

If this charger is "good" to the batteries and maximizes their life, that's fewer batteries that end up in a landfill. That's less energy used to extract the raw materials from the ground. That's less damage to the environment. If you use less electricity in the process of charging them, that's good for the environment.

If other chargers have a high vampire draw, what are they doing? Heating and overcharging the batteries and shortening the battery life?

Again, it's not all about you.
post #103 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: If I were in need of these batteries Id get the Sanyo Enelope USB charger with two AAs for $13. It can do a full quick charge in 2-4 hours, I dont have to waste or look for a wall socket, and it will also charge AAA batteries.

But wait, in an earlier post you claim the Apple charger is the best you have ever seen. So which is it?
post #104 of 155
The charger is something I want. I'll be buying one soon.
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. - a bumper sticker

Never quote idiots, they just clog up...
Reply
http://www.grammarbook.com/punctuation/quotes.asp

Never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. - a bumper sticker

Never quote idiots, they just clog up...
Reply
post #105 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

How do you know it is better than any other charger when it hasn't even been reviewed yet? By the way, nice grammar in number 1. I see your education did you well for your typical smart-ass responses.

See attacking grammar from an iPhone reply on a forum is the number one sign that youve already lost the argument. But since you bring it up, you should trying using paragraphs from time to time and Ill try to type slower on my phone and proofread more often, though I tend to save that for replies to posters who are actually making thoughtful responses.

Quote:
<deleted personal attack>, I am sure you have experienced a time when both your keyboard and mouse required a battery change at the same time.

Nope, never have, and neither should any Mac user for who this product is intended. Mac OS X reminds you that your batteries are dying. Any halfwit can see the message when it appears, switch the batteries and if the other input device pops up with a warning youll have plenty of time before youll need to go "oh crap, I need to change those batteries I put in the charger last week.

Thats a worst case scenario. If you are so foolish that youll let both your input devices get so low in power that theyd die at the same time or that you were too cheap to buy some extra batteries to have on the ready then I have no sympathy for you.

Quote:
With your Apple Charger, that you seem to think is the best charger ever made, you will only have two batteries available for your dead keyboard and mouse.

Dont me put you in your place. You know very well that I said you should get the charger and number of batteries that suit YOUR needs, but you keep ignoring the fact that Apples current input devices use 2 each and come with a spare 2 so youre always on the ready. Itre pretty fraking simple.

Quote:
Since Apple provides a wireless keyboard and mouse that both use two batteries each, don't you think they should have offered the capability to charge 4 batteries at the same time and ship it with 8 batteries so you never have to worry about being short 2 batteries? Suckers will fall for it and buy it when pushed by an Apple Store employee. Later they will realize they wasted their money.

As previously explained, that makes no sense since they discharge independently at different intervals and you get more than enough warning to charge them independently.

You need to learn to think things through and stop looking at the world from your PoV first before you open your mouth. Think then move, not the other way around.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #106 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

But wait, in an earlier post you claim the Apple charger is the best you have ever seen. So which is it?

You care to back that up despite my numerous posts on this thread pointing out the technology Apple is using, other places selling rechargeable LSD NiMH batteries with various charger types to fit all needs, my relentless comments that a consumer should buy the product that suits their needs and my specific comment regarding buying a USB charger that would be on my desk and have the potential to also charge AAA batteries? Thought so.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #107 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Last Friday after concluding Apple's batteries were probably rebranded Sanyo Eneloops. Don't get me wrong, I think Apple's battery charger is a decent product. With this caveat!

4 Eneloop AA + Battery Charger = 17.50 on Amazon
4 Eneloop AA =10.50 on Amazon

$28 for 8 AA Eneloop batteries + Charger = $3.50 per battery
$29 for 6 AA Apple Batteries + Charger = $4.84 per battery


Do you get a 10 year Warranty for replacement from any of those companies, Also is their chargers 10X more Power Efficient then Apples.

Answer for both NO.

Piece of mind for a few dollars is worth it, 10 years is 10 years, if they fail you get a free replacement from Apple.

Sure it's worth it.

For the haters you could package 10 batteries and they still would find something to squawk about thats Anti Apple.

You don't have to buy Apples offering it is an Accessory and that gives you Choice.

Note: MJ Web,
This is not a Attack on you, You made valid points, Allot of posters that seem to think they are being railroaded into buying this charger and ridiculing, but none have posted the benefit's and service you get when you purchase an Apple Branded product. This post was Addressing those issues and not your observations directly.
post #108 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hexor View Post

I don't know how many times this has to be repeated but these batteries (just like the Sanyo Eneloop batteries) discharge very little when sitting around. The packaging for the Eneloop batteries say it retains 85% of its charge after 1 year sitting around not being charged.

How do you know when Apple's choice of battery haven't even been tested yet? Bottom line is that all rechargable batteries do discharge over time. Some faster than others, and all of them will need to be replaced when they fail to retain a charge. When they fail to retain a charge, they tend to lose it quickly. Apple's 10 year claim is only based on a "designed cycle life." No guarantees. A standard alkaline also lasts longer than a rechargable battery. Funny how Apple doesn't even sell replacement batteries either, yet they claim their charger is best when used with their batteries. Your Sanyo batteries sell for about $10-$12 for 4 AAs. A 48-pack of AAs at Costco sells for $11.68. So how many times does that need to be repeated?

One reviewer on Apple's website said he charged them overnight and his keyboard only said 81%. He popped in new Duracells and got 100%. I am willing to bet he will be returning the Apple Charger.
post #109 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

I've been using both Energizer 2500mWh and generic 2000mWh batteries in my camera. Both of them seem to die very quickly just sitting my in camera bag. Seems like I need to invest in some Sanyos.

Make sure that whatever you get, they are labeled Pre-charged or low discharge. These are different than the standard rechargeable.
If you look on Amazon, see the reviews by NLee the Engineer. He has tested and posted results for almost every battery and charger there is.
post #110 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

So it only charges two batteries at a time? Doesn't do much good for the owners of the original Apple Aluminum Wireless Keyboard (or White Wireless Keyboard) that uses THREE batteries.

Actually it does help, and this is precisely the reason I'm buying one. Most of the chargers out there require you to charge batteries in pairs. Having three batteries makes it difficult to charge for the older bluetooth keyboard. The Apple charger is unique because it can charge either one battery or two batteries at a time.
post #111 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by no_more_BS View Post

Do you get a 10 year Warranty for replacement from any of those companies, Also is their chargers 10X more Power Efficient then Apples.

Answer for both NO.

Piece of mind for a few dollars is worth it, 10 years is 10 years, if they fail you get a free replacement from Apple.

You seem to be thinking these batteries come with a 10 year warranty.
They don't. They have the standard 1 year warranty.
post #112 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Why dont you point some items out then? Find me a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse from each of those companies that is exponentially more green than Apples product using the same type and number of batteries. I double dog dare you.

I dare you to find anywhere on Apple's site or Apple's documentation that claims battery life in the mouse or keyboard. Good luck on finding it, because they don't advertise how long the keyboard or mouse will last on a single set of batteries.

After you insulted another user for being too lazy to use Google, I guess YOU are too lazy to do the same. I will make it easy for you.

http://us.kensington.com/html/11272.html

Keyboard uses two AAs and runs for 9 months based on 8 hours per day/5 days per week usage. I get a few months tops with my THREE battery keyboard and I am not using it 8 hours per day/5 days per week.

Think twice before you spout off your drivel.
post #113 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

1) You other batteries you have charged. What part of 80% after 1 year or 85% after 3 years with the design makes that an issue?

2) Then dont buy Apples charger that they designed for their current products. Do you really expect them to release a 3 or 5 bay battery charger to suit the needs of some people that cant be proactive.

3) If you really have to use Apples charger simply because its from Apple (not because it fits your needs) then go buy the keyboard that uses two batteries.

4) Cheap chargers may not power up the entire battery making you think the batteries are poor or the device uses an excessive amount, and other chargers more power when simply sitting in the wall socket. The latter we know about, the former you can grab from the internet. Its hard to understand why Apple would want to make a buck on selling an Apple branded charger designed for its current products.

5) Its a flipping charger that seems to be better than any other charger Ive seen on the market. It can charge any of these AA NiMH batteries and will likely be what many people buy alongside their Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad. Do you really think theyll want to run down to Radio Shack to see what deals they have going down there.It

6) Lets recap: It comes with 6 batteries for a setup designed for 4 to be used at any one time. 6 minus 4 equals 2. That means there will be 2 batteries charged and waiting to be used when you need them. They want you to leave those two in charger and in the wall so that replacing them and finding them is simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

They are pretty impressive.

And to restate this again, you can get your batteries and charger separately and in any configuration you wish from wherever you wish, just make sure that the charger can sufficiently charge your batteries.


PS: If I were in need of these batteries Id get the Sanyo Enelope USB charger with two AAs for $13. It can do a full quick charge in 2-4 hours, I dont have to waste or look for a wall socket, and it will also charge AAA batteries.



Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You care to back that up despite my numerous posts on this thread pointing out the technology Apple is using, other places selling rechargeable LSD NiMH batteries with various charger types to fit all needs, my relentless comments that a consumer should buy the product that suits their needs and my specific comment regarding buying a USB charger that would be on my desk and have the potential to also charge AAA batteries? Thought so.

Here you go! I guess you were too lazy to look at your previous posts!
post #114 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by esummers View Post

Actually it does help, and this is precisely the reason I'm buying one. Most of the chargers out there require you to charge batteries in pairs. Having three batteries makes it difficult to charge for the older bluetooth keyboard. The Apple charger is unique because it can charge either one battery or two batteries at a time.

If you scroll down to "New Lineup of eneloop Chargers youll see four bay chargers that offer "Triple-speed charging for one battery and double-speed charging for two batteries.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #115 of 155
Total bullsht. This is not price competitive. And option is no better than other options.

"Apple's pricing is competitive, and better than many competing options available today."
post #116 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

See attacking grammar from an iPhone reply on a forum is the number one sign that youve already lost the argument. But since you bring it up, you should trying using paragraphs from time to time and Ill try to type slower on my phone and proofread more often, though I tend to save that for replies to posters who are actually making thoughtful responses.


Nope, never have, and neither should any Mac user for who this product is intended. Mac OS X reminds you that your batteries are dying. Any halfwit can see the message when it appears, switch the batteries and if the other input device pops up with a warning youll have plenty of time before youll need to go "oh crap, I need to change those batteries I put in the charger last week.

Thats a worst case scenario. If you are so foolish that youll let both your input devices get so low in power that theyd die at the same time or that you were too cheap to buy some extra batteries to have on the ready then I have no sympathy for you.


Dont me put you in your place. You know very well that I said you should get the charger and number of batteries that suit YOUR needs, but you keep ignoring the fact that Apples current input devices use 2 each and come with a spare 2 so youre always on the ready. Itre pretty fraking simple.


As previously explained, that makes no sense since they discharge independently at different intervals and you get more than enough warning to charge them independently.

You need to learn to think things through and stop looking at the world from your PoV first before you open your mouth. Think then move, not the other way around.

So I guess when you have 17,000 posts, you can insult whoever you want?
post #117 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Here you go! I guess you were too lazy to look at your previous posts!

You posted all that just to show "Its a flipping charger that seems to be better than any other charger Ive seen on the market. A comment I stand by as Ive seen no other charger that consumers 30mAh in standby. That makes it better than any other charger Ive seen in that regard.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
post #118 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

You posted all that just to show "Its a flipping charger that seems to be better than any other charger Ive seen on the market. A comment I stand by as Ive seen no other charger that consumers 30mAh in standby. That makes it better than any other charger Ive seen in that regard.

Read the ENTIRE post next time. You claim the USB charger is better than the Apple charger, yet you previously claimed the Apple charger is the best. Or did that not show up on your iPhone screen?
post #119 of 155
You know it's gone to shit when there's a 100+ post thread on an Apple fan site arguing the relative merits of a battery charger.
post #120 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstones View Post

Read the ENTIRE post next time. You claim the USB charger is better than the Apple charger, yet you previously claimed the Apple charger is the best. Or did that not show up on your iPhone screen?

Speaking of reading. I stated Apples charger seems better than other chargers on the market for standby power usage, the big feature it advertises over other chargers, and that the USB charger would be the one Id choose for my needs.

I never said that either charger was best for all peoples needs, and even stated Apples charger obviously doesnt fit your needs and that you should calm your ass down and start thinking rationally about the product they released and its intended audience.
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
Dick Applebaum on whether the iPad is a personal computer: "BTW, I am posting this from my iPad pc while sitting on the throne... personal enough for you?"
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Current Mac Hardware
AppleInsider › Forums › Mac Hardware › Current Mac Hardware › First look: Apple Battery Charger and AA batteries