or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple store customer service
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Apple store customer service

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
*****APPLE HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I bought the ipad wifi version about a week ago and decided i wanted the 3g model. So i drove back to the Lenox Apple store to switch it out. They told me we will charge you a 50.00 restocking fee even though your buying the higher priced model. SO I'M LIKE I'M GIVING YOU MORE MONEY THAN WHAT YOU CHARGE FOR THE IPAD!!!!!! So I told them to just give me money back he tells me we cant, we will have to mail you a check or we can give you half now and mail you the rest later...WHAT!!!!!!!...He tells me we have 250.00 limit on in store refunds and its on my receipt. I had them to email my receipt to me when I purchased it and on my receipt it does not state this anywhere. After all of that i said, OK ill pay the fee. Then he tells me we don't have that model but we can call you when we get them in. I even asked them to placed my refund on an apple gift card so I can go to another store and again he said no. So basically I was told you must keep a product that you don't want and we will refund it at our convenience. No one has called me with any resolution. APPLE THIS IS BAD BUSINESS I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!
post #2 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreysnow2777 View Post

*****APPLE HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I bought the ipad wifi version about a week ago and decided i wanted the 3g model. So i drove back to the Lenox Apple store to switch it out. They told me we will charge you a 50.00 restocking fee even though your buying the higher priced model. SO I'M LIKE I'M GIVING YOU MORE MONEY THAN WHAT YOU CHARGE FOR THE IPAD!!!!!! So I told them to just give me money back he tells me we cant, we will have to mail you a check or we can give you half now and mail you the rest later...WHAT!!!!!!!...He tells me we have 250.00 limit on in store refunds and its on my receipt. I had them to email my receipt to me when I purchased it and on my receipt it does not state this anywhere. After all of that i said, OK ill pay the fee. Then he tells me we don't have that model but we can call you when we get them in. I even asked them to placed my refund on an apple gift card so I can go to another store and again he said no. So basically I was told you must keep a product that you don't want and we will refund it at our convenience. No one has called me with any resolution. APPLE THIS IS BAD BUSINESS I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!

1. They can't sell the one you've used for a week as new any more. It's going to wind up as a refurb. Had you not opened the package and used it they would have refunded 100% on the spot.
2. Your receipt has the following link - http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail.html. It clearly states exactly what the Apple store employee told you.
3. This is not unique to Apple.
4. You're a pissed off drive-by poster and will probably never read this reply.
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Lets gets something clear, i know the policy. The issue is dont tell me i can return an item but i have to wait until you decide to give me my money back. Last i check you did not pay for it but i did. And also, watch your comments about me. You sound like one of those apple fan boys but im not one. I bought the ipad for my son and not myself. So watch your mouth!!!!!!


[/size][/b]


Quote:
Originally Posted by bancho View Post

1. They can't sell the one you've used for a week as new any more. It's going to wind up as a refurb. Had you not opened the package and used it they would have refunded 100% on the spot.
2. Your receipt has the following link - http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail.html. It clearly states exactly what the apple store employee told you.
3. This is not unique to apple.
4. You're a pissed off drive-by poster and will probably never read this reply.
post #4 of 10
You clearly don't buy electronics. Restock fees are applied by all companies across the board for computers and accessories. For the longest time if you bought any piece of electronics from Best Buy and you opened the box they would refuse to take it back. They would only exchange it if it didn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreysnow2777 View Post

So basically I was told you must keep a product that you don't want and we will refund it at our convenience.

You're confused. They didn't tell to keep a product you don't want. You chose to keep it. You could have simply paid the $50 restock fee, bought the 3G, gotten half your money now and half in the mail. Problem solved, child happy.
post #5 of 10
I guess in the future you'll be more careful about reading the policies from any business so you don't get stung. Honestly though there really aren't any companies out there who will take back a working product that's been used without charging a restocking fee and the iPads are still in really high demand (so it's not certain you can just walk in and expect them to have the model you want available on the spot just yet).

As for my comments about you (which really just noted your mood and newness):
1. You're clearly pissed (hence the caps lock) and complaining.
2. Most posters who register just to vent never return after their initial post (points to you for coming back).
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
post #6 of 10
Thread Starter 
little ms lady. Im actually using a macbook pro and I have had every iphone and ipod apple has ever made along with other electronic devices. and about best buy, i purchase about 90% of all my electronics from there and have had several returns and have never paid a restocking fee as long as i returned it during the allotted time frame. Oh and i forgot I also worked I in the mobile department for 2 years so i know the policy...if read the entire post i offered to pay the fee then was told they didn't have anymore. and i wonder if they would allow me to pay half on the ipad and bring the other half later... i didn't think so. i think the confusion may be on your part.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

You clearly don't buy electronics. Restock fees are applied by all companies across the board for computers and accessories. For the longest time if you bought any piece of electronics from Best Buy and you opened the box they would refuse to take it back. They would only exchange it if it didn't work.

You're confused. They didn't tell to keep a product you don't want. You chose to keep it. You could have simply paid the $50 restock fee, bought the 3G, gotten half your money now and half in the mail. Problem solved, child happy.
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Now for you. I became pissed or upset after reading your comments. i was just giving my experience. yours may have been great but mine was not. And as for the posting and leaving commit, no sir im here for ever. Lets Go!!!!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bancho View Post

I guess in the future you'll be more careful about reading the policies from any business so you don't get stung. Honestly though there really aren't any companies out there who will take back a working product that's been used without charging a restocking fee and the iPads are still in really high demand (so it's not certain you can just walk in and expect them to have the model you want available on the spot just yet).

As for my comments about you (which really just noted your mood and newness):
1. You're clearly pissed (hence the caps lock) and complaining.
2. Most posters who register just to vent never return after their initial post (points to you for coming back).
post #8 of 10
Your initial post doesn't really agree with you timing for being pissed (perhaps we both define pissed differently), but regardless welcome to the forum. Hopefully your future experiences are a bit more positive...
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we have ever had to face? - Jack D. Ripper
Reply
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreysnow2777 View Post

*****APPLE HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I bought the ipad wifi version about a week ago and decided i wanted the 3g model. So i drove back to the Lenox Apple store to switch it out. They told me we will charge you a 50.00 restocking fee even though your buying the higher priced model. SO I'M LIKE I'M GIVING YOU MORE MONEY THAN WHAT YOU CHARGE FOR THE IPAD!!!!!! So I told them to just give me money back he tells me we cant, we will have to mail you a check or we can give you half now and mail you the rest later...WHAT!!!!!!!...He tells me we have 250.00 limit on in store refunds and its on my receipt. I had them to email my receipt to me when I purchased it and on my receipt it does not state this anywhere. After all of that i said, OK ill pay the fee. Then he tells me we don't have that model but we can call you when we get them in. I even asked them to placed my refund on an apple gift card so I can go to another store and again he said no. So basically I was told you must keep a product that you don't want and we will refund it at our convenience. No one has called me with any resolution. APPLE THIS IS BAD BUSINESS I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER ONE OF YOUR PRODUCTS!!!!!!!

Sell your iPad on eBay? Just a thought. Tons of people around the world are desperate for iPad. Make sure your eBay listing is international, just structure it so you avoid Nigerian etc. scammers "buying" your product and forcing you to re-list.

You may even get back more than the price of the iPad itself.
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
after all the emails and back and forth calls i was contacted by the apple store in my area and and i was able to swap out my ipad wifi for the 3g model. the also waived the 49.99 restock fee. I want to say thanks to Mr. Jacob and Mr Jim at the apple store in lenox mall. if your ever in the area please stop be this store......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPad
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPad › Apple store customer service