or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Alleged next-gen iPod touch part has forward facing camera space

Alleged next-gen iPod touch part has forward facing camera space - Page 2

post #41 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

To me, this is a no-brainer. The next iPod Touch will include a forward-facing camera and FaceTime. And the next iPad the same.

Does anyone besides me recognize that this is going to revolutionize mobile communications? Does anyone besides me recognize how this is going to hugely add to the value of Apple over the next few years? Apparently not many others, since the price of Apple seems stuck at about $262/share.

Wow. Just wow.

I think that people are very cautious maybe too cautious about google, given the wave of android gadgets invading the market, if they did that with the cell phones, they could do it again with the ipad: copy, copy copy, face time.. whatever, and you may get another Tsunami of cheap tablets. But timing is important, and setting standards is also important, example the ipod, right now after many years zero competition, it is truly amazing. So I don't know if they hurry up and as you say really it gets to alter the way people communicate with each other it may be very hard to catch up.
post #42 of 59
Probably a sensible update for the iPod touch. Apple may take the bet that people will still pay a premium for iPhone simply for the convenience of being able to use it anywhere.

Will the next iPod touch have a retina display and how are they going to improve the iPod nano?
post #43 of 59
Isn't it odd that this part dates from late April? That was more than three months ago and the new Touch is at least a month away from being introduced.

I still hope (though I'm not expecting) that Apple will decide to bring out a Touch with a larger screen. As rivals tackle the slate market, something in between the current Touch and the iPad will definitely make sense but if such a device is brought to market by Apple, where does that leave the current Touch?

Such a unit would be lower priced than the iPad, so it would be roughly in the same price range as the top-end Touch models. Given a choice between a Touch with the current screen size and something somewhat larger, I suspect the larger unit would have broader appeal.

Time for the Touch to be unshackled from the smartphone form factor that it shares with the iPhone. The iPhone should have a smartphone form factor because, well, it's a smartphone. The Touch is a pocket computer and as such, a smartphone configuration isn't the way to go.

Even so, I don't know that it would be likely we'll see a dramatic overhaul of the Touch along the lines I'd like to see. Still, one can always dream.
post #44 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomanland View Post

I think that people are very cautious maybe too cautious about google, given the wave of android gadgets invading the market, if they did that with the cell phones, they could do it again with the ipad: copy, copy copy, face time.. whatever, and you may get another Tsunami of cheap tablets. But timing is important, and setting standards is also important, example the ipod, right now after many years zero competition, it is truly amazing. So I don't know if they hurry up and as you say really it gets to alter the way people communicate with each other it may be very hard to catch up.

The Google onslaught certainly must be taken seriously (by any rational individual/company).

Even Hp appears to understand this, which seemingly stands in the face of its recent acquisition of PALM/WebOS, as they are poised to released the Zeen Tablet in Q3/2010 running Android 2.x, and featuring a capacitive multi-touch screen, integrated media card reader, video out, web camera, fully-integrated Nook eReader services, and dock-port that allows it to print directly from the device to Hp-branded/Zeus printers.

The Future Looks Very Interesting...
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #45 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHarder View Post

I find it far more 'interesting' that an individual with a Join Date of Mar 2010, is commenting on matters having happened, "on a daily basis for at least a year".

There also appears to be a large degree of 'transference' in your constant accusations of others being forced of into "changing [their] name when [they] get banned etc.". Hmmm?

For The Record: I, personally, have but this one internet screen name/account, and have utilized it for well over a decade given that I have absolutely nothing to hide, post respectfully, and stand by my posts regardless of idle badgering, bashing, threatening, harassing, and belittlement from those who truly know nothing of what they post.

Have A Nice Day.

Now about that new iPod Touch... One thing's for sure - There Will Be Some Kind of Camera

you must live a pretty pathitic life to devote so much effort to this.

[center.] you're a tool [center.]
post #46 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfrederick View Post

you must live a pretty pathitic life to devote so much effort to this.

[center.] you're a tool [center.]

Actually, my life is pretty ideal at this point, and the only effort expended regarding the aforementioned post was the 45 (or so) seconds it took to type and submit it.

Note: I guess some just think more effectively/efficiently than others.

Anyway... Care to share opinions about the soon to be released 4th Generation iPod Touch, or are you merely trolling threads/harassing forum members for sport?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
"Why iPhone"... Hmmm?
post #47 of 59
Quote:

Actually, my life is pretty ideal at this point, and the only effort expended regarding the aforementioned post was the 45 (or so) seconds it took to type and submit it.

Note: I guess some just think more effectively/efficiently than others.

Anyway... Care to share opinions about the soon to be released 4th Generation iPod Touch, or are you merely trolling threads/harassing forum members for sport?

trolling eh? now who's exhibiting transference, or more accurately, projecting. i was refferring to your entire history of posts, not that one specifically, if you're curious. and congratulations on your ability to think, i'm excited for you.

as for the actual topic of the thead, i'm definitely hoping for apple to quit doddling like they usually do and come out with something that will let everybody know what they're capable of. i'm hoping for the retina screen and dual face time cameras, but what i'm really hoping for (cause i already have an iphone4), is that apple FINALLY makes an ichat app for the phone. even better would be a full social app that would combine ichat, facebook, twitter etc into one program. what to call it.. hmmm.. how about iLife! fingers are crossed.

DaHarder? any more links to competitors products you want to promote? any more subltly derisive statements to make about apple? feel free not to respond. don't you have enough people in your personal life to annoy, or are we it..?
post #48 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by polymnia View Post

You don't have to give up your unlimited data plan to buy an iPhone 4. I kept mine.

That seems to be true only if buying online. As of two weeks ago if you go to an Att store their computer system will not allow you to keep your plan. I don't know if this has been corrected.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
Crying? No, I am not crying. I am sweating through my eyes.
post #49 of 59
post #50 of 59
Holidays coming up, time is right for a major IPOD update to add life and zest to the device. And FACETIME is just what the doctor ordered.
post #51 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob1varghese View Post

So let me add some fuel to this....
At&t offered "cheap" 3g plans for the iPad.
If they can offer the same plans for a 3g-enabled ipod touch, there would be zero need for an actual cell phone and an expensive plan.

A 3g-enabled iPod touch IS an iPhone. That 3G chip is the only real diference between an iPhone and a iPod touch.

What you are really asking for is a cheap data-only plan for iPhones; however, the networks are unlikely to offer this as they make more money on SMS messages and voice minutes (and related services).

Also you'd end up paying the full amount for the device as carriers probably won't offer subsidies unless you are signing up to an expensive plan. The cheap data plans are only available for the iPad because it is unsubsidized.
post #52 of 59
This is what I'm hoping for in the next iPod touch:

Satellite GPS
Apple Compass
Retina display
post #53 of 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

To me, this is a no-brainer. The next iPod Touch will include a forward-facing camera and FaceTime. And the next iPad the same.

Does anyone besides me recognize that this is going to revolutionize mobile communications? Does anyone besides me recognize how this is going to hugely add to the value of Apple over the next few years? Apparently not many others, since the price of Apple seems stuck at about $262/share.

Wow. Just wow.

No dude, just you

This is probably why Clear and Sprint are Hell bent on selling WiMax and EVDO mobile hotspots for iOS devices. A $25 unlimited bandwidth 4G hotspot, an iPod Touch with Face-Time & Skype is a pretty nice alternative to an iPhone 4 & a 2-year AT&T contract.

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007

"Apple should pull the plug on the iPhone."

John C. Dvorak, 2007
post #54 of 59
I highly doubt iPod will get a front facing camera. Most likely ambient light sensor. Don't get your hopes up too high, it face time is most likely coming.
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
--SHEFFmachine out
Da Bears!
post #55 of 59
Quote:

I find it far more 'interesting' that an individual with a Join Date of Mar 2010, is commenting on matters having happened, "on a daily basis for at least a year".

[/SIZE]

Why? You need registration to come here to read? I guess not.
Ooops!
post #56 of 59
Well with Apple it's always unpredictable, and some pictures of a so called part isn't going to convince me totally. But it does look a little more genuine than the case makers mock up. Obviously this has as much possibility of happening as not happening. And we can assume no more until september.
post #57 of 59
Again. Apple has no desire to appease AT&T anymore, they are desperate to get on multiple, if not all carriers ASAP to compete with Android. People that have the money to buy expensive cell/data plans will just pay more for the convenience of mobility anyway. For the rest of us, FaceTime on the iPod Touch is an incredible added value.
post #58 of 59
I wish next iPodTouch could have 3G option as the iPad.
Always better on a Mac.
Always better on a Mac.
post #59 of 59
Steve Jobs; Tens of Millions of FaceTime Devices. Touch with FaceTime Camera, BELIEVE IT!

"TRAVEL is Fatal to Prejudice,Bigotry,Narrowmindedness"mt

TRY IT!

"TRAVEL is Fatal to Prejudice,Bigotry,Narrowmindedness"mt

TRY IT!

Return Home
  Back to Forum: iPod + iTunes + AppleTV
AppleInsider › Forums › Mobile › iPod + iTunes + AppleTV › Alleged next-gen iPod touch part has forward facing camera space