or Connect
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Mad Men - Which is the best season, One, Two or Three?

Mad Men - Which is the best season, One, Two or Three?

post #1 of 7
Okay, so obviously I'm late to the Mad Men party. Watched the first two episodes of Season 4, very intriguing. The main thing I like is that it is very much caricature. The audience is not expected to "buy" that this is really what happened in that era, but more like it is presented in a way that is surreal but somehow makes us reflect on our times, our work and relationships. Particularly comparing the show with our current doors-blown-wide-open digital lifestyle era. Love the costumes and set design, as much as I can without being a design wanker.

Okay, to the question. I only want to purchase ONE back season from iTunes Store. What should it be. Season 1, 2 or 3?

Any help appreciated... Cheers
post #2 of 7
I need to watch this.. I've been meaning to but since I like in France it's been rather difficult.
post #3 of 7
*cough* pi***bay.com *cough* ... Or more legally (or less illegally, depending on how you view it) ... Just get a US iTunes Store gift card.
post #4 of 7
We're on to Series 4 in the UK - actually I am not in the UK but you can get via satellite.

I would watch them all sequentially. You can get from iTunes also.

My favourite moment so far is in series 2 (I think) where Don is at a party with the beatniks and they are all getting stoned. Don is in his usual sharp suit and the beats are dressed like hippies.

The woman in the apartment next door is getting abused by her husband and calls the cops who are out in the hallway as Don gets up to go.

One of the heads freaks out and shouts "the pigs are there....you can't go out there man!".

Don just puts his hat on, straightens his suit and points at the hippy saying "no....YOU can't go out there" and leaves saying goodnight to the officers.

What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
What is Faith? When your good deed pleases you and your evil deed grieves you, you are a believer. What is Sin? When a thing disturbs the peace of your heart, give it up - Prophet Muhammad
post #5 of 7
Don Drapper FTW.

My wife liked the line where the office doofus is playing Mouse Trap and says "I want to see what makes it work." and Drapper says "I want to see what makes you work!"

That and "Bring me more ideas to reject."
post #6 of 7
Ha...

I liked the scene when Betsy takes a 410 to the nieghbor's pigeons.
(The nieghbor had it coming.)

Season 1, I think.
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, "Look at that!" -...
post #7 of 7
Cheers... Thanks for the suggestions.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AppleOutsider
AppleInsider › Forums › Other Discussion › AppleOutsider › Mad Men - Which is the best season, One, Two or Three?